Login or register
Login or register
Stay logged in
Log in/Sign up using Facebook.
Log in/Sign up using Gmail/Google+.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
Email is optional and is used for password recovery purposes.
Have the FunnyJunk newsletter e-mailed to you
Rank #8057 on Comments
Level 220 Comments: Mind Blower
Send mail to watermelonkittie
Invite watermelonkittie to be your friend
Last status update:
Date Signed Up:
Highest Content Rank:
Highest Comment Rank:
Content Level Progress:
Level 0 Content: Untouched account → Level 1 Content: New Here
Comment Level Progress:
Level 220 Comments: Mind Blower → Level 221 Comments: Mind Blower
Times Content Favorited:
Total Comments Made:
What people say about watermelonkittie
Help with 3.5 Fighter build
Thank you, DJ DJ 4DM1N
Help me build my character?
The ads were very demanding today
Anivia, the frozen bird
Harry Potter Metal
latest user's comments
- Ah, that's too bad
2 hours ago on
Mfw Trying To Put in a...
- Is there also a part 1 of this?
5 hours ago on
Mfw Trying To Put in a...
(4 hours ago)
When I found it I also looked for that, but sadly I couldn't find it, sorry mate
(2 hours ago)
Ah, that's too bad
- Oh man, do I love puns
Oh CNN your slander caught...
- So yeah, I resigned the idea of getting back into Yu Gi Oh... …
- Since there are people here that probably played Yu-Gi-Oh long…
So if you were going to get back into YuGiOh there are 3 main card types you would have to learn about. 1) Synchro 2) Xyz (pronounced X ease) and 3) Pendulum (aka the most op thing to happen to YuGiOh since Monster Reborn and Dark Hole)
1) Synchro monsters, if you're familiar with fusion monsters, that's basically what a synchro is. With the catch that you do NOT require polymerization. Instead you need a minimum of two monsters on the field, one being a monster called a "tuner" which is a basic effect monster that just has a fancy title with it, and one or more non-tuners... When you have these on the field, you can send them to the graveyard to special summon a synchro monster (provided the monsters you sent to the graveyard have a combined level equal to the synchro)
2)XYZ monsters... No not like those robots Kaiba used to use. XYZ monsters are like Synchro monsters, but you don't need a tuner. But instead of sending the old monsters to the graveyard, you place them underneath the xyz monster... The old monsters are like bullets for a gun. Each time you activate the effect of the xyz monster (once per turn at most), you send one of these "bullets" to the graveyard.
3) Pendulum monsters... Seriously though, fuck these things, these things are the most op bullshit things to ever spawn from the depths of Hell.... They created two new slots on the field for pendulum monsters...One above the graveyard, and one above the fusion deck... You can use pendulum monsters as magic cards when they're placed in the two new slots... When pendulum monsters are destroyed, they don't get sent to the graveyard, they get sent to the extra deck.. Here's what makes them OP... See the blue and red numbers? When you have two pendulum monsters acting as spell cards, once per turn you can special summon as many monsters as you want from your hand (or pendulum monsters from your extra deck, remember that they don't go to the graveyard), provided their level is between the two numbers of the pendulum monsters...
Basically if your opponent gets two pendulum monsters out, you won't be able to ever get rid of their monsters... They're more broken than bringing a fighter jet to the civil war.
Very good explanation, long time yugi player here. (Hate pendelums too) Ive tried alot of things to get around them, but you jsut can´t.
The consistency and power outclasses everything that isn´t meta.
You did miss out one crucial thing:
Even if you get the hang of all these new mecanics the combo potential in these new decks are out of this world. Meaning that you can take up to 15 minutes on your turn while playing fast to make a huge unbreakable board.
And soon we have these Zoodiac cards..... The one card - go plus 5 cards at worst, kinda cards.
So if you wanna start playing this game AND win matches you put down alot of hours, play pendelums, learn all the combos and win the dice rolls. Becuase going first has a huge adventage at this stage in the game sadly
So yeah, I resigned the idea of getting back into Yu Gi Oh... Goddamn man
and then theres the Supreme King Dragon Zarc which is a Pendulum, Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz
[ DragonPendulumEffect ]
(This card is also always treated as a Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monster, and has a Rank equal to its Level.)
Must be Special Summoned with "Astrograph Sorcerer", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy as many monsters your opponent controls as possible, then each player that had a monster(s) destroyed by this effect takes damage equal to the total ATK the destroyed monsters had on the field. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated. While there are Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters banished and/or in any Graveyard(s), this card cannot be destroyed, also unaffected by card effects that would make it leave the field. All monsters you control are unaffected by the effects of your opponent's Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Special Summon 2 "Supreme King Servant Dragon" monsters from your Extra Deck in Defense Position. If your opponent adds a card(s) to their hand (except during the Draw Phase): You can destroy that card(s).
thankfully fiendish chain exists
Yeah, no. That is the Anime card, sure. The real card is quite a fair bit downed down from the Anime Abomination. Seriously, those colouration splashes clashes pretty heavily.
I will give it that, though. It's a pretty fuckings rad Anime Boss monster, but hey, it's Anime-only for a reason.
The real deal is a bit more managable, and has a lower bullshit Treshold
It's real effect is that it nukes the opponent's side of the field when it is special summoned, no burn damage. It cannot be targeted or destroyed by effects, if it kills your enemy cards by battle, you can special summon a Supreme King Servant Dragon from your deck, and you can put it in your Pendulum zone when it dies.
Its pendulum effect is that it negates your opponent's Xyz / Synchro / Fusion / Pendulum monster's effects, and you can destroy cards that your opponent tries to add to their hand outside of drawing, once per turn. It almost never goes ot the Pendulum zone however, as they need to be empty when this thing dies, and once you get this Dragon King out, your field will most likely be very full. (And mass-wipe cards that would coincidentally knock out your pendulum zones doesn't kill this guy, so you might as well just kill this one first by dropping a bigger monster and attacking over it in battle).
Mostly, the guy is just a Win-more card, and by the time you have fulfilled the condition to get him out, you have most likely already won the game already and is just showing off, as you need to dump four specific monsters in your graveyard and get one on the field, like a weird exodia.
that thing is like shouting everything proof invincibility shield in card form
except it can be taken down with 1 card
Except even the real version of Zarc can't be targeted.
I don't know if it was an artistic design or if you did it without thinking about it.
But giving a spoiler to a trap card
is pretty fucking awesome... It's like you played a facedown
Almost never played or watched the shows, but, eventually the shows came around to like a semi-apocalyptic future or something and they were dueling on motorcycles. So the mechanic thing was a theme, i guess. And racing which had some impact on the game too I think?
Synchro was like a lite fusion. You'd 'add' a tuner(s?) monster to a non tuner monster (sacrifice them both or all) to get a Synchro monster from the separate deck, like a fusion.
- Anyone have the source on this one?
Pls be my racist ai gf
- Probably to avoid getting her face on camera
Still not tired of winning
- I had no idea this was a thing
I found my new favorite meme
It's like a living fossil of cringe.
- **watermelonkittie used "*roll 1, 00000-99999*"** **waterme…
Highest roll gets yellow...
Show Comments (0)