Upload
Login or register

thedungeonmaster

Last status update:
-
Gender: male
Date Signed Up:5/24/2011
Last Login:7/25/2016
FunnyJunk Career Stats
Comment Ranking:#3521
Highest Content Rank:#512
Highest Comment Rank:#1246
Content Thumbs: 9683 total,  10607 ,  924
Comment Thumbs: 15769 total,  17562 ,  1793
Content Level Progress: 71% (71/100)
Level 196 Content: Anon Annihilator → Level 197 Content: Anon Annihilator
Comment Level Progress: 45.5% (455/1000)
Level 313 Comments: Wizard → Level 314 Comments: Wizard
Subscribers:9
Content Views:91924
Times Content Favorited:861 times
Total Comments Made:3375
FJ Points:6769
Favorite Tags: no tags (2) | Spider Bro (2) | tags (2) | The Game (2)

latest user's comments

#46 - I figured you wouldn't have an argument. No one else is me, bu…  [+] (20 new replies) 05/26/2016 on Goldmine of Fatlogic in the... +1
User avatar
#47 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Ok, so if everyone else in the world isn't you, how does it stand to reason that people will have the same outcome to the same stimulus? Not everything is universal to just saying "they have a human body, like me". Your mother has a human body, like you...what're her chances for testicular cancer? Human bodies, by design, are inherently different from each other. It's this whole "genetic diversity" thing that's made possible by sexual breeding.

And no, weight loss/gain is not exempt from this.
User avatar
#48 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
And you still have no argument. What are my mother's chances of getting testicular cancer? Zero, because she doesn't have testicles you fucking idiot. Some body types have a more difficult time losing weight, just like some body types have a more difficult time gaining weight, but the fact of the matter is, unless you have a legitimate health issue that does not allow your body to lose weight, if you eat 1000 calories a day and go to the gym 5 days a week for 3 hours, you will lose some sort of weight. Some will lose more than others, but you will lose weight. Every human body has the ability to lose weight. I'm starting to think you're one of these human blimps in denial who think that they're perfectly healthy at 400lbs and genetics forced that third cheese burger with a diet coke down your throat.
#50 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
How is it that I'm the one without the argument when you're the one who consistently has been restating the same thing over and over again, hoping that "this time" I won't have a way to beat it back down?

Do you know what an argument is?

Human bodies by fucking definition are different. 1000 calories isn't an objective number for weight loss. Otherwise, I want to see an objectively challenged document detailing such that isn't just you restating your anecdotal evidence and generalizing it to everyone else.

You're gonna bitch and moan about how I apparently don't have an argument, maybe you ought to show what one looks like, for once.
User avatar
#51 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
Because you're trying to argue against a fact. No one can maintain 1000 calories a day. I don't think you really know much about how the human body works. 1000 calories is an extreme for any body type. You tell me, scientifically, how someone who has fat stores can eat 1000 calories a day and exercise profusely without losing a pound. Because that's the original claim in the post.
User avatar
#52 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
If it's a fact, prove it.
User avatar
#53 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I put the burden of proof on you. You tell me how some who follows that regimen won't lose weight. They may not keep it off, due to the body storing more in the future because of the deficiency, but there's no way an overweight person following that regimen won't lose weight.
User avatar
#54 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
You can't then.

I thought so.
User avatar
#55 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You can't then.

I thought so.
#56 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
I know it's hard being wrong, but you'll get through it.

well, I actually don't know, you'll have to tell me how it is.
User avatar
#57 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You're just as wrong as I am then, so you should know exactly how it feels.
#58 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
> you're just as wrong as I am

...prove it
User avatar
#59 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You still haven't proven your point. Have you ever actually followed a nutrition plan and exercised? Like do you have any real world experience? I could show you plenty of sources that show how many calories are considered a starvation amount, but it's like arguing with an activist. You'll still believe what you originally believed.
User avatar
#96 - lolollo (05/27/2016) [-]
Psst, when you don't support a claim, it can't be considered valid
#81 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
It's called having a naturally slow metabolism, going into starvation mode due to a lack of caloric intake, and not being able to do as much physical exercise due to half of your exercise being moving your body around.

But by all means, continue to bitch and moan about my argumentative technique while you use ad hominem to try and make your point.
User avatar
#95 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
Well no, you're just wrong. Plain and simple.
User avatar
#74 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Every single one of those sources are as outdated in their logic as using simple height and weight to calculate BMI. They're all based on an average.

Besideswhich, it ignores the adaptive phenomenon where delving into extreme starvation will actually put your body on lock down, where it starts to actively burn calories slower due to the subconscious perception of an environment low in sources of food.

Here's a simple source on it: authoritynutrition.com/starvation-mode/

The point is that everyone presumes caloric intake and output to be simple addition and subtraction. In truth it looks more like 2nd semester algebra.
User avatar
#79 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I never said it was a sustainable way to lose weight. My argument is that there's no way a fat woman, or anyone for that matter, ate like that, did that exercise, and didn't lose a single pound. And where are all these "non average" body types you think are so common? Even if those sources are based on the average body type, no one will eat 1000 calories a day and exercise regularly without seeing some sort of weight loss, even if it's temporary. That's all I was trying to get across. You must be some fat fuck in denial to be defending your side this hard. Why don't you try it for real? Even for two weeks, eat 1000 calories a day and exercise 5 days a week and then tell me you didn't experience any sort of weight loss. Your constant tendency to start arguments on FJ might make it difficult to find the time to, but seriously give it a try.
User avatar
#60 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Post them then. It's a little silly to claim to have them, but then not take the simple copy/paste to actually post them.
User avatar
#71 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
And I see now that you just do this for fun and I fell for it, so my efforts are wasted.
User avatar
#69 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
www.livestrong.com/article/317540-how-many-calories-a-day-is-considered-starving/

www.webmd.com/diet/low-calorie-diets

www.livestrong.com/article/310517-minimum-amount-of-calories-needed-per-day-to-survive/

www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm I even used this calculator to see how many calories are needed for extreme weight loss on a 25 year old female who is 5'0 115 lbs and it's still above 1000. So if you still want to argue that an obese woman can eat 1000 calories a day while exercising 5 times a week can't lose a single pound, then that's your issue.
#43 - I don't really get how you can disagree. Barring an actual thy…  [+] (22 new replies) 05/26/2016 on Goldmine of Fatlogic in the... +2
User avatar
#44 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Philosophical question, this one slightly more charged than the one I asked someone else.

Is everyone else in the world...you?
User avatar
#46 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I figured you wouldn't have an argument. No one else is me, but every human has a human body just like me. If you starve the body of nutrients to fuel activity and continue to do activity, eventually it starts to tap into its stored energy source, fat. Fat creates weight, so when the body burns it for energy, the weight that fat created disappears magically. I apologize for not quoting Russell for you or something philosophical like that. I'm just speaking on a biological function.
User avatar
#47 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Ok, so if everyone else in the world isn't you, how does it stand to reason that people will have the same outcome to the same stimulus? Not everything is universal to just saying "they have a human body, like me". Your mother has a human body, like you...what're her chances for testicular cancer? Human bodies, by design, are inherently different from each other. It's this whole "genetic diversity" thing that's made possible by sexual breeding.

And no, weight loss/gain is not exempt from this.
User avatar
#48 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
And you still have no argument. What are my mother's chances of getting testicular cancer? Zero, because she doesn't have testicles you fucking idiot. Some body types have a more difficult time losing weight, just like some body types have a more difficult time gaining weight, but the fact of the matter is, unless you have a legitimate health issue that does not allow your body to lose weight, if you eat 1000 calories a day and go to the gym 5 days a week for 3 hours, you will lose some sort of weight. Some will lose more than others, but you will lose weight. Every human body has the ability to lose weight. I'm starting to think you're one of these human blimps in denial who think that they're perfectly healthy at 400lbs and genetics forced that third cheese burger with a diet coke down your throat.
#50 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
How is it that I'm the one without the argument when you're the one who consistently has been restating the same thing over and over again, hoping that "this time" I won't have a way to beat it back down?

Do you know what an argument is?

Human bodies by fucking definition are different. 1000 calories isn't an objective number for weight loss. Otherwise, I want to see an objectively challenged document detailing such that isn't just you restating your anecdotal evidence and generalizing it to everyone else.

You're gonna bitch and moan about how I apparently don't have an argument, maybe you ought to show what one looks like, for once.
User avatar
#51 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
Because you're trying to argue against a fact. No one can maintain 1000 calories a day. I don't think you really know much about how the human body works. 1000 calories is an extreme for any body type. You tell me, scientifically, how someone who has fat stores can eat 1000 calories a day and exercise profusely without losing a pound. Because that's the original claim in the post.
User avatar
#52 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
If it's a fact, prove it.
User avatar
#53 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I put the burden of proof on you. You tell me how some who follows that regimen won't lose weight. They may not keep it off, due to the body storing more in the future because of the deficiency, but there's no way an overweight person following that regimen won't lose weight.
User avatar
#54 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
You can't then.

I thought so.
User avatar
#55 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You can't then.

I thought so.
#56 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
I know it's hard being wrong, but you'll get through it.

well, I actually don't know, you'll have to tell me how it is.
User avatar
#57 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You're just as wrong as I am then, so you should know exactly how it feels.
#58 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
> you're just as wrong as I am

...prove it
User avatar
#59 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You still haven't proven your point. Have you ever actually followed a nutrition plan and exercised? Like do you have any real world experience? I could show you plenty of sources that show how many calories are considered a starvation amount, but it's like arguing with an activist. You'll still believe what you originally believed.
User avatar
#96 - lolollo (05/27/2016) [-]
Psst, when you don't support a claim, it can't be considered valid
#81 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
It's called having a naturally slow metabolism, going into starvation mode due to a lack of caloric intake, and not being able to do as much physical exercise due to half of your exercise being moving your body around.

But by all means, continue to bitch and moan about my argumentative technique while you use ad hominem to try and make your point.
User avatar
#95 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
Well no, you're just wrong. Plain and simple.
User avatar
#74 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Every single one of those sources are as outdated in their logic as using simple height and weight to calculate BMI. They're all based on an average.

Besideswhich, it ignores the adaptive phenomenon where delving into extreme starvation will actually put your body on lock down, where it starts to actively burn calories slower due to the subconscious perception of an environment low in sources of food.

Here's a simple source on it: authoritynutrition.com/starvation-mode/

The point is that everyone presumes caloric intake and output to be simple addition and subtraction. In truth it looks more like 2nd semester algebra.
User avatar
#79 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I never said it was a sustainable way to lose weight. My argument is that there's no way a fat woman, or anyone for that matter, ate like that, did that exercise, and didn't lose a single pound. And where are all these "non average" body types you think are so common? Even if those sources are based on the average body type, no one will eat 1000 calories a day and exercise regularly without seeing some sort of weight loss, even if it's temporary. That's all I was trying to get across. You must be some fat fuck in denial to be defending your side this hard. Why don't you try it for real? Even for two weeks, eat 1000 calories a day and exercise 5 days a week and then tell me you didn't experience any sort of weight loss. Your constant tendency to start arguments on FJ might make it difficult to find the time to, but seriously give it a try.
User avatar
#60 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Post them then. It's a little silly to claim to have them, but then not take the simple copy/paste to actually post them.
User avatar
#71 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
And I see now that you just do this for fun and I fell for it, so my efforts are wasted.
User avatar
#69 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
www.livestrong.com/article/317540-how-many-calories-a-day-is-considered-starving/

www.webmd.com/diet/low-calorie-diets

www.livestrong.com/article/310517-minimum-amount-of-calories-needed-per-day-to-survive/

www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm I even used this calculator to see how many calories are needed for extreme weight loss on a 25 year old female who is 5'0 115 lbs and it's still above 1000. So if you still want to argue that an obese woman can eat 1000 calories a day while exercising 5 times a week can't lose a single pound, then that's your issue.
#40 - I used to compete in boxing and walked around at 165 with some…  [+] (24 new replies) 05/26/2016 on Goldmine of Fatlogic in the... +2
User avatar
#41 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Anecdotal evidence.

Gotcha.
User avatar
#43 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I don't really get how you can disagree. Barring an actual thyroid issue that physically keeps your body from losing weight, how could someone eat 1000 calories a day and train 5 days a week without losing an ounce? Let's hear your brilliant logic.
User avatar
#44 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Philosophical question, this one slightly more charged than the one I asked someone else.

Is everyone else in the world...you?
User avatar
#46 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I figured you wouldn't have an argument. No one else is me, but every human has a human body just like me. If you starve the body of nutrients to fuel activity and continue to do activity, eventually it starts to tap into its stored energy source, fat. Fat creates weight, so when the body burns it for energy, the weight that fat created disappears magically. I apologize for not quoting Russell for you or something philosophical like that. I'm just speaking on a biological function.
User avatar
#47 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Ok, so if everyone else in the world isn't you, how does it stand to reason that people will have the same outcome to the same stimulus? Not everything is universal to just saying "they have a human body, like me". Your mother has a human body, like you...what're her chances for testicular cancer? Human bodies, by design, are inherently different from each other. It's this whole "genetic diversity" thing that's made possible by sexual breeding.

And no, weight loss/gain is not exempt from this.
User avatar
#48 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
And you still have no argument. What are my mother's chances of getting testicular cancer? Zero, because she doesn't have testicles you fucking idiot. Some body types have a more difficult time losing weight, just like some body types have a more difficult time gaining weight, but the fact of the matter is, unless you have a legitimate health issue that does not allow your body to lose weight, if you eat 1000 calories a day and go to the gym 5 days a week for 3 hours, you will lose some sort of weight. Some will lose more than others, but you will lose weight. Every human body has the ability to lose weight. I'm starting to think you're one of these human blimps in denial who think that they're perfectly healthy at 400lbs and genetics forced that third cheese burger with a diet coke down your throat.
#50 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
How is it that I'm the one without the argument when you're the one who consistently has been restating the same thing over and over again, hoping that "this time" I won't have a way to beat it back down?

Do you know what an argument is?

Human bodies by fucking definition are different. 1000 calories isn't an objective number for weight loss. Otherwise, I want to see an objectively challenged document detailing such that isn't just you restating your anecdotal evidence and generalizing it to everyone else.

You're gonna bitch and moan about how I apparently don't have an argument, maybe you ought to show what one looks like, for once.
User avatar
#51 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
Because you're trying to argue against a fact. No one can maintain 1000 calories a day. I don't think you really know much about how the human body works. 1000 calories is an extreme for any body type. You tell me, scientifically, how someone who has fat stores can eat 1000 calories a day and exercise profusely without losing a pound. Because that's the original claim in the post.
User avatar
#52 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
If it's a fact, prove it.
User avatar
#53 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I put the burden of proof on you. You tell me how some who follows that regimen won't lose weight. They may not keep it off, due to the body storing more in the future because of the deficiency, but there's no way an overweight person following that regimen won't lose weight.
User avatar
#54 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
You can't then.

I thought so.
User avatar
#55 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You can't then.

I thought so.
#56 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
I know it's hard being wrong, but you'll get through it.

well, I actually don't know, you'll have to tell me how it is.
User avatar
#57 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You're just as wrong as I am then, so you should know exactly how it feels.
#58 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
> you're just as wrong as I am

...prove it
User avatar
#59 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You still haven't proven your point. Have you ever actually followed a nutrition plan and exercised? Like do you have any real world experience? I could show you plenty of sources that show how many calories are considered a starvation amount, but it's like arguing with an activist. You'll still believe what you originally believed.
User avatar
#96 - lolollo (05/27/2016) [-]
Psst, when you don't support a claim, it can't be considered valid
#81 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
It's called having a naturally slow metabolism, going into starvation mode due to a lack of caloric intake, and not being able to do as much physical exercise due to half of your exercise being moving your body around.

But by all means, continue to bitch and moan about my argumentative technique while you use ad hominem to try and make your point.
User avatar
#95 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
Well no, you're just wrong. Plain and simple.
User avatar
#74 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Every single one of those sources are as outdated in their logic as using simple height and weight to calculate BMI. They're all based on an average.

Besideswhich, it ignores the adaptive phenomenon where delving into extreme starvation will actually put your body on lock down, where it starts to actively burn calories slower due to the subconscious perception of an environment low in sources of food.

Here's a simple source on it: authoritynutrition.com/starvation-mode/

The point is that everyone presumes caloric intake and output to be simple addition and subtraction. In truth it looks more like 2nd semester algebra.
User avatar
#79 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I never said it was a sustainable way to lose weight. My argument is that there's no way a fat woman, or anyone for that matter, ate like that, did that exercise, and didn't lose a single pound. And where are all these "non average" body types you think are so common? Even if those sources are based on the average body type, no one will eat 1000 calories a day and exercise regularly without seeing some sort of weight loss, even if it's temporary. That's all I was trying to get across. You must be some fat fuck in denial to be defending your side this hard. Why don't you try it for real? Even for two weeks, eat 1000 calories a day and exercise 5 days a week and then tell me you didn't experience any sort of weight loss. Your constant tendency to start arguments on FJ might make it difficult to find the time to, but seriously give it a try.
User avatar
#60 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Post them then. It's a little silly to claim to have them, but then not take the simple copy/paste to actually post them.
User avatar
#71 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
And I see now that you just do this for fun and I fell for it, so my efforts are wasted.
User avatar
#69 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
www.livestrong.com/article/317540-how-many-calories-a-day-is-considered-starving/

www.webmd.com/diet/low-calorie-diets

www.livestrong.com/article/310517-minimum-amount-of-calories-needed-per-day-to-survive/

www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm I even used this calculator to see how many calories are needed for extreme weight loss on a 25 year old female who is 5'0 115 lbs and it's still above 1000. So if you still want to argue that an obese woman can eat 1000 calories a day while exercising 5 times a week can't lose a single pound, then that's your issue.
#20 - Prostate cancer is the deadliest cancer there is. Something li…  [+] (6 new replies) 05/26/2016 on Prostate Cancer is a Privilege 0
User avatar
#22 - travishein (05/26/2016) [-]
Wut? Prostate cancer has one of the highest cure rates of all cancers. Literally +95% of men diagnosed with prostate cancer live beyond 5 years. We shouldn't minimize it for sure, but your rates are more in line with cancer of the pancreas.
User avatar
#23 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
Fuck, I was thinking of pancreatic. You're right. I hate looking stupid on the internet..
#27 - legendarysnarf (05/26/2016) [-]
*admitted you were wrong* you're good
User avatar
#24 - travishein (05/26/2016) [-]
Nah bruh, you got your cancers mixed up...shit happens. I only knew that because I've got a bunch of uncles with prostate cancer so I'm on watch for it...going to start getting the Dr. Fatfinger up the old butthole in a few years. You would only look stupid if you didn't admit fault, which you admitted, so you're the opposite of stupid. Peace.
User avatar
#25 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
Yeah the good ol finger wave at the doctor is something no man looks forward to. Unless you're into butt stuff I guess.
User avatar
#26 - travishein (05/26/2016) [-]
Even if you are, it's still so clinical. I mean if I walk in and there's candles burning and some jazz on in the background...but still, it's awkward.
#32 - 1000 calories a day is bridging on starvation according to you…  [+] (56 new replies) 05/26/2016 on Goldmine of Fatlogic in the... 0
User avatar
#38 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
How do you know? Where are you deriving your confidence?
#92 - jinhasda (05/26/2016) [-]
Because if you do that much training you burn more than you take in, even with a non-existent thyroid (an under-active thyroid will cause you to gain weight more easily) you would still drop weight off like a fucking stone, i know this because i have an over-active thyroid, i'm supposed to take in about 7000 calories a day, realistically i hit 3000, i did training like that and to gain weight doing it i had to more than double my intake, plus science, we know how our bodies work with regards to weight, calories and fat, common sense also plays a big fucking role here dude.
User avatar
#98 - blowbags (06/13/2016) [-]
No way a thyroid issue makes your RDA 7000 instead of 2500....

Honest question did your doc suggest that?...
#99 - jinhasda (06/15/2016) [-]
indeed they did, they basically had me continually increase month on month how much i ate till i stopped losing weight, the only other issue i have with it is that i also metabolise other thing like drugs faster than i should, so things like pain killers don't last nearly as long, recently i was taking co-dydramol, the drug is supposed to be effective for about 4-6 hours, the pain came back with a vengeance after 2-3, after liver tests it showed that my body had already metabolised and flushed the drug in that short a time.
#100 - blowbags (06/16/2016) [-]
Christ alive that's hard fucking work.

I went through a phase of adding weight for strength training, 3500-4k calories - I ate quite consistently, did things like 5 scrambled eggs for breakfast with grated cheese, spoons of peanut butter, veggies with cottage cheese *rambles on about what he ate* and it still only came to about 3k cals, so I had to drink whole milk like crazy too, some days I'd be like no... cant fucking do it with the big early morning egg eats, so I'd have a double cream and whole milk protein shake twice (like 700ml each time which included 100ml cream)

to get to 7000.... What the feck does a 7000 calorie day look like.
Michael phelps ate 10k a day during his main training phases though so suppose 7k isn't "impossible" but bet its pricey and contains a lot of stuff done to excess (similar to my double cream/whole milk thing)

#101 - jinhasda (06/16/2016) [-]
two 12 egg omelets for breakfast witch cheese and beans, 24 oz of steak with vegetables, fries etc.. for lunch with 6-7 half pound double cheeseburgers for dinner, all topped up with many many protein bars and high calorie protein shakes with full fat milk throughout the day, and after dinner another 12 egg omelette before bed, its a pain and it kills my bank account but that's life.
#94 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
> more anecdotal evidence

You guys are too much.

Just...just fuck off.
#61 - Zaxplab (05/26/2016) [-]
Basic logic is how.
User avatar
#62 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
How is it basic logic?

please say "it just is"...
User avatar
#63 - Zaxplab (05/26/2016) [-]
Let's get on common ground here, do you know what a calorie is?
User avatar
#65 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
I'll answer your question after you've answered mine.
User avatar
#66 - Zaxplab (05/26/2016) [-]
Energy needs to be stored. It does not just exist in the void. Do you understand this?


www.superkidsnutrition.com/nw_whatisacalorie/
User avatar
#67 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
I know what a calorie is, my concern is what makes the content "basic logic".
User avatar
#68 - Zaxplab (05/26/2016) [-]
If you take in more calories than you burn, you will need more storage.
If you use more calories than you take in, you will not need as much storage.

How is that not basic logic?
User avatar
#72 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Because you're using that to make the assertion that people have the exact same equation for calories in and calories out. It doesn't take into account that some people are more efficient at burning calories than others, and the idea that a diet isn't just a simple matter of "eat less", which doesn't always work. That's why weight loss isn't just "basic logic of calories in and calories out". There are way too many considerations which way too many people blatantly ignore.
User avatar
#73 - Zaxplab (05/26/2016) [-]
That reply absolutely does not refute my statement. If you expel more calories than you intake, you WILL lose weight. It's all fair and good that some people have varying metabolisms, but that does not change the laws of physics.

User avatar
#75 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
And how do you know what someone's equation for caloric input and output looks like? Where do you get that information?
User avatar
#78 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Where do they get their figures? Where's their confidence interval? Is it based on an average? Do they take starvation mode into account? How do they count for genetic metabolism? Why is it different for men and women, functionally? as in not just "man vs. woman". Is it testosterone vs. estrogen? how can that functional difference fluctuate from person to person?
User avatar
#80 - Zaxplab (05/26/2016) [-]
That page is an excerpt from "Dieting for Dummies, 2nd edition," by Jane Kirby and the American Dietetic Association.
User avatar
#82 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
You answered literally none of what I asked.
User avatar
#83 - Zaxplab (05/26/2016) [-]
Don't have to, darling. They are already answered in the source material.
User avatar
#84 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Point them out then.
User avatar
#85 - Zaxplab (05/26/2016) [-]
No. I've given you the sources. Quit being lazy and read them.
#93 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
You do realize that when people ask for a source of information, posting an entire general source is just about the laziest shit you could do, right? You clearly haven't read it either, otherwise it would be a simple matter of you going into the source and providing the answers directly. Your talk of "principle and intellectual honesty" isn't fooling me, you don't know this shit any more than what Google spat out to you, do you?
#90 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Yes, what you gave me was a short page with equations on it, which I will believe is a section of the textbook, but what you gave me would still not be the textbook you're claiming to have provided for me. What you've done is precisely what I said you did, which is say "Oh, uh, well that's in another part of this general resource I didn't give you, but you should've read somehow anyway!"

So no, my questions remain unanswered.
#91 - Zaxplab (05/26/2016) [-]
If you want to know how they got their numbers, you'd read the book. End of story. By not doing that, you are being intellectually dishonest.
User avatar
#88 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
I read the source you gave me, which wasn't a textbook.

Or are you now gonna claim "oh, it's in another part I didn't give you...but you still somehow should've read it!"
#89 - Zaxplab (05/26/2016) [-]
>It's not a textbook

I don't know why I'm arguing with you.
User avatar
#86 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
I did. There was absolutely nothing in the source which answered the questions I asked you.
#87 - Zaxplab (05/26/2016) [-]
You read the entire textbook that quickly?

okay.
User avatar
#40 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I used to compete in boxing and walked around at 165 with something like 6 or 7% body fat and I would try to make 152 and to do that, I followed a strict diet of no more than 1500 calories a day and did extremely intense training 6 days a week and I could make 152 even having so little body fat to lose. I had trouble getting out of bed in the morning I was so drained, so for some fat bitch who could literally lose 10 pounds by just eating a salad instead of fries once a day to say that she I'm only assuming a woman wrote that. ate that little and trained that much and didn't lose an ounce is a blatant lie.
User avatar
#41 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Anecdotal evidence.

Gotcha.
User avatar
#43 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I don't really get how you can disagree. Barring an actual thyroid issue that physically keeps your body from losing weight, how could someone eat 1000 calories a day and train 5 days a week without losing an ounce? Let's hear your brilliant logic.
User avatar
#44 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Philosophical question, this one slightly more charged than the one I asked someone else.

Is everyone else in the world...you?
User avatar
#46 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I figured you wouldn't have an argument. No one else is me, but every human has a human body just like me. If you starve the body of nutrients to fuel activity and continue to do activity, eventually it starts to tap into its stored energy source, fat. Fat creates weight, so when the body burns it for energy, the weight that fat created disappears magically. I apologize for not quoting Russell for you or something philosophical like that. I'm just speaking on a biological function.
User avatar
#47 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Ok, so if everyone else in the world isn't you, how does it stand to reason that people will have the same outcome to the same stimulus? Not everything is universal to just saying "they have a human body, like me". Your mother has a human body, like you...what're her chances for testicular cancer? Human bodies, by design, are inherently different from each other. It's this whole "genetic diversity" thing that's made possible by sexual breeding.

And no, weight loss/gain is not exempt from this.
User avatar
#48 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
And you still have no argument. What are my mother's chances of getting testicular cancer? Zero, because she doesn't have testicles you fucking idiot. Some body types have a more difficult time losing weight, just like some body types have a more difficult time gaining weight, but the fact of the matter is, unless you have a legitimate health issue that does not allow your body to lose weight, if you eat 1000 calories a day and go to the gym 5 days a week for 3 hours, you will lose some sort of weight. Some will lose more than others, but you will lose weight. Every human body has the ability to lose weight. I'm starting to think you're one of these human blimps in denial who think that they're perfectly healthy at 400lbs and genetics forced that third cheese burger with a diet coke down your throat.
#50 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
How is it that I'm the one without the argument when you're the one who consistently has been restating the same thing over and over again, hoping that "this time" I won't have a way to beat it back down?

Do you know what an argument is?

Human bodies by fucking definition are different. 1000 calories isn't an objective number for weight loss. Otherwise, I want to see an objectively challenged document detailing such that isn't just you restating your anecdotal evidence and generalizing it to everyone else.

You're gonna bitch and moan about how I apparently don't have an argument, maybe you ought to show what one looks like, for once.
User avatar
#51 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
Because you're trying to argue against a fact. No one can maintain 1000 calories a day. I don't think you really know much about how the human body works. 1000 calories is an extreme for any body type. You tell me, scientifically, how someone who has fat stores can eat 1000 calories a day and exercise profusely without losing a pound. Because that's the original claim in the post.
User avatar
#52 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
If it's a fact, prove it.
User avatar
#53 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I put the burden of proof on you. You tell me how some who follows that regimen won't lose weight. They may not keep it off, due to the body storing more in the future because of the deficiency, but there's no way an overweight person following that regimen won't lose weight.
User avatar
#54 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
You can't then.

I thought so.
User avatar
#55 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You can't then.

I thought so.
#56 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
I know it's hard being wrong, but you'll get through it.

well, I actually don't know, you'll have to tell me how it is.
User avatar
#57 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You're just as wrong as I am then, so you should know exactly how it feels.
#58 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
> you're just as wrong as I am

...prove it
User avatar
#59 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
You still haven't proven your point. Have you ever actually followed a nutrition plan and exercised? Like do you have any real world experience? I could show you plenty of sources that show how many calories are considered a starvation amount, but it's like arguing with an activist. You'll still believe what you originally believed.
User avatar
#96 - lolollo (05/27/2016) [-]
Psst, when you don't support a claim, it can't be considered valid
#81 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
It's called having a naturally slow metabolism, going into starvation mode due to a lack of caloric intake, and not being able to do as much physical exercise due to half of your exercise being moving your body around.

But by all means, continue to bitch and moan about my argumentative technique while you use ad hominem to try and make your point.
User avatar
#95 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
Well no, you're just wrong. Plain and simple.
User avatar
#74 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Every single one of those sources are as outdated in their logic as using simple height and weight to calculate BMI. They're all based on an average.

Besideswhich, it ignores the adaptive phenomenon where delving into extreme starvation will actually put your body on lock down, where it starts to actively burn calories slower due to the subconscious perception of an environment low in sources of food.

Here's a simple source on it: authoritynutrition.com/starvation-mode/

The point is that everyone presumes caloric intake and output to be simple addition and subtraction. In truth it looks more like 2nd semester algebra.
User avatar
#79 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
I never said it was a sustainable way to lose weight. My argument is that there's no way a fat woman, or anyone for that matter, ate like that, did that exercise, and didn't lose a single pound. And where are all these "non average" body types you think are so common? Even if those sources are based on the average body type, no one will eat 1000 calories a day and exercise regularly without seeing some sort of weight loss, even if it's temporary. That's all I was trying to get across. You must be some fat fuck in denial to be defending your side this hard. Why don't you try it for real? Even for two weeks, eat 1000 calories a day and exercise 5 days a week and then tell me you didn't experience any sort of weight loss. Your constant tendency to start arguments on FJ might make it difficult to find the time to, but seriously give it a try.
User avatar
#60 - lolollo (05/26/2016) [-]
Post them then. It's a little silly to claim to have them, but then not take the simple copy/paste to actually post them.
User avatar
#71 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
And I see now that you just do this for fun and I fell for it, so my efforts are wasted.
User avatar
#69 - thedungeonmaster (05/26/2016) [-]
www.livestrong.com/article/317540-how-many-calories-a-day-is-considered-starving/

www.webmd.com/diet/low-calorie-diets

www.livestrong.com/article/310517-minimum-amount-of-calories-needed-per-day-to-survive/

www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm I even used this calculator to see how many calories are needed for extreme weight loss on a 25 year old female who is 5'0 115 lbs and it's still above 1000. So if you still want to argue that an obese woman can eat 1000 calories a day while exercising 5 times a week can't lose a single pound, then that's your issue.
#213 - Holy **** get the **** away from that whole scene you idiot. D… 05/26/2016 on BEAR +2
#6 - Friend's FW 05/24/2016 on Anon gets laid +10
#21 - Being that it's a Rem 700, that makes sense. 05/24/2016 on Anyone Know A Fix? +14
#7 - I'd like the names of all the white people who were offended b… 05/17/2016 on His user name is NIGROMANCY +1
#6 - No they'd all die. At once. 05/17/2016 on black people 0