Login or register
Login or register
Stay logged in
Log in/Sign up using Facebook.
Log in/Sign up using Gmail/Google+.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
Email is optional and is used for password recovery purposes.
Have the FunnyJunk newsletter e-mailed to you
Rank #36350 on Subscribers
Level 298 Comments: Post Master
Send mail to thatdeafguy
Invite thatdeafguy to be your friend
Last status update:
Date Signed Up:
Content Level Progress:
Level 150 Content: Faptastic → Level 151 Content: Faptastic
Comment Level Progress:
Level 298 Comments: Post Master → Level 299 Comments: Post Master
Times Content Favorited:
Total Comments Made:
I have a hearing aid
What people say about thatdeafguy
latest user's comments
- I enjoy some good feels as much as the next guy but whats with…
I really need to take a shit.
So you want some real feels?
dude, a novel is technically a fake story. doesn't make it worth less of a read
True, but internet stories (particularly greentexts) are partially so interesting because they're alleged to be real. Also the best novels are the ones that in spite of whatever fantastical shit is going on feel real regardless; they completely suck you in. When you have something that is just like "oh, what a coincidence, his son happened to die in Iraq, it was that guy all along," it feels very scripted. It is still worth a read, I'm not debating that, I'm just explaining why a lot of people prefer more real stories.
that's a valid point you raise, sir. that's probably the exact reason i prefer greentexts nd 4chan story time to most anything else or w/e gets shared on tumblr cuz more often than not it's believable, possible, nd not just based on coincidence they're just so bad it's possible. nd when it's not, at least 4chan users make a point of it being obviously fake with a well placed joke at the end. everyone else seems to get off by trying to make you believe it rather than having a story worth telling
Why does it matter if they're fake?
They're stories made to invoke emotion, thats all.
I would care about this one if it weren't for:
1) The needlessly schmaltzy ending. The message of unity was fine as it was. No need for the needlessly morbid addendum.
2) It's written similarly to those christian-empowerment, anti-atheist BS stories all over the internet. The use of language just stinks of it. I don't give a damn one way or another about that whole conflict but the point is it sounds like an obviously fake story built for some ulterior motive rather than a naturalistic reflection of human decency.
3) Real stories hold more weight. At least the ones we accept to be real. Their reality gives us more empath as we understand the truth in the story. A fiction can tell just as compelling a story as a fact but fiction is used to convey messages that don't already exist in that manner as facts.
I've seen plenty of stories, real and fake, more evocative and naturalistic than this on the internet alone. The story holds little value in comparison to the many, far better stories out there that convey the same empathetic concepts.
your argument is good
Hoarding green pixels, of course
sorry about that
arent you supposed to be dead?
Playing online with 12 year...
- really??? I was having such a nice day
His mom died
- Comment deleted
- uhh wut
- **thatdeafguy rolled image ** <---- also a squiter
She's a squirter.
Show Comments (9)