Rank #10205 on SubscribersLevel 169 Comments: Soldier Of Funnyjunk
OfflineSend mail to silasP Block silasP Invite silasP to be your friend
|Last status update:|| |
|Date Signed Up:||9/23/2010|
|FunnyJunk Career Stats|
|Highest Content Rank:||#1994|
|Highest Comment Rank:||#8427|
|Content Thumbs:||1123 total, 1234 , 111|
|Comment Thumbs:||737 total, 869 , 132|
|Content Level Progress:|| 44% (22/50) |
Level 110 Content: Funny Junkie → Level 111 Content: Funny Junkie
|Comment Level Progress:|| 10% (1/10) |
Level 169 Comments: Soldier Of Funnyjunk → Level 170 Comments: Soldier Of Funnyjunk
|Times Content Favorited:||152 times|
|Total Comments Made:||394|
|Favorite Tags:||game (5) | other (5) | the (5) | win (5) | You (5)|
- Views: 40520The Iron Giant
1147 82 Total: +1065
- Views: 1228If the Internet was in horror...
13 2 Total: +11
- Views: 1009Magic: the Gathering, anyone?
11 2 Total: +9
- Views: 1120Working at WalMart; Part 1
16 8 Total: +8
- Views: 1063This is less a meme than Milhouse
11 3 Total: +8
- Views: 1095AMERICA!
9 5 Total: +4
- Views: 852Bitches love smiley faces
5 1 Total: +4
- Views: 3944A Rainbow Coalition of Dramatic...
22 8 Total: +14
latest user's comments
|#23 - That is too cool. It has a tiny valve train and everything!||07/21/2016 on Ducadupo Cesiticas Hochemsio||0|
|#57 - Thanks for the reply. It's a lot to take in, but I think I get…||07/20/2016 on The reason why people watch...||0|
|#17 - Britbongs, I'm genuinely curious... Other than the obvious… [+] (8 new replies)||07/20/2016 on The reason why people watch...||0|
#30 - kez (07/20/2016) [-]
From my limited knowledge of american football. (I've watched the odd game and played it with friends on the beach etc)
Rugby is about endurance where as american football is more about burst strength or burst speed.
I'll type out the most basic rules of the game, and the positions etc.
-Game is 80 minutes of play, clock stopped during all breaks
-Only allowed to pass backwards with hands
- Allowed to kick forwards and backwards
- You are tackled when you are taken to the floor and held. When held on the floor you have to release the ball. You release it towards your team though obviously. When ball is on the floor, nearest players, allies or enemy, can pick it up, has to be picked up by players stepping over the tackled player on the floor, not allowed to go around the player and pick it from the side/
-When you are tackled, nearby team mates will try and block the other team from getting the ball by "blocking" the other team from being able to step over the player on the floor in what is called a ruck. If your team can hold the other team from pushing through and getting the ball, there is nothing they can do to stop you taking your time and so you have time for the rest of the team to catch up and position.
- You put ball off the pitch, other team gets a "lineout" - Throw ball in from side, each team jumps for it.
- You drop the ball or pass the ball forwards, there is a scrum. both forwards push against each other to try and get the ball. The team whos scrum it is will put the ball into the scrum and their teams hooker (guy from the scrum in the middle, doesnt push much, just kicking ball back to their team). Other teams hooker can try and steal it by kicking it to their team, but its hard to do because the hooker will time it with his team so he swings his leg back to sweep it back as soon as its entered.
- Get points for tries and convertions. Try = 5 points (place ball on floor undercontrol in opponents "endzone" the usa would call it.) conversion = 2 points and is where you kick the ball between the posts and above the middle bar. convertions can be done during the game, often done during a penalty. You get a free attempt at conversion after scoring a try. So 5 points for try that become 7 if you convert it also. 2 for a conversion during play.
- 15 players each team.
- Tackling is anything below shoulder that isnt dangerous/intentionally trying to hurt the other player.
- Two main parts of the team, Forwards and backs.
- Forwards strong muscle men who spend all game running around with the ball and do all the main heavy lifting etc.
- Backs, the less muscular, faster guys who do much less running but do fancy tricks and kicks and are there for their speed.
Different roles in the forwards and backs.
#35 - kez (07/20/2016) [-]
Props (2) - Workhorse. They are the heavies who do most the lifting and pushing and as they do all the lifting and pushing, they have to run the most to always be where the ball is. Can be the best player on the pitch and never touch the ball.
hooker (1)- lesser prop who throws the ball at lineout and sweeps the ball back in scrums.
- Second row (2)- Tall people who catch ball from throw ins, push against props in scrum. Like prop but less workhorse and bit lighter and a bit more running with the ball.
- Flanker (2) - Basically specialised tacklers, they are on the outskirt of all the forward stuff (scrum, lineout) so they can get out quick and create pressure/tackle.
- number 8 (1)- Normally a large guy who is good at running with the ball and pushing past people, on the outside of scrums and lineouts like the flankers. Works with scrum half a lot.
Scrum half (1) - middle man between forwards and backs. Kind of in charge of the forwards, tells them what to do so he can get it to the backs at a good time. Normally pretty small. Has to be great as passing and kicking. Rarely runs with the ball.
Fly half (1) - the "quarterback" of the backs. Often captain of the team. Leader. Kicker and runner.
Inside centre (1) - medium between fly half and winger, often runs with the ball.
Outside centre (1) - Same as inside just gets the ball less often as further out. If he gets it, hes basically trying to get the ball to the winger as best he can.
Wingers (2) - Stand on the wings of time, one each side. Fastest in team. Just get given ball and run as fast as they can.
Full back (1) - This guy is literally the last defence. He stands miles behind everyone on his own. If anyone runs past his teams line of defenders, he is there to pick up the pieces. Best tackler on the team and has to be fast to be able to keep up with anyone running against him.
So there you have it, pretty brief summary, lots and lots of clever plays you can do. Very fun sport. You get injured a lot though. Its said between 1/4 and 1/3 of all rugby players are injured at any one time.
#21 - chudboy (07/20/2016) [-]
A lot of differences.
You can only tackle from the waist down and you can only pass backwards as well for example. A lot of rules in Ruck/Scrum as well.
Once you've been tackled and you have the ball in possession you must give (release) the ball to the team mate as soon as you're on the floor. Tackler has to step away from the person with the ball. But I think there is some leway to give pressure to the person on the ground to not release the ball to a team mate. If you don't release the ball in time, possession is given away to the other team and play starts again.
Also there is Rugby League and Rugby Union. League is played with 13 players, and Union is played with 15. I think Union is mainly for international team. League is faster paced.
#25 - kez (07/20/2016) [-]
High tackles are neck and head (above shoulder), not above waist. Tackling above the waist is fine. You could grab his shirt on his arm and bring him down like that if you wanted, not even touch the player. Not collar though, thats above the shoulder.
The main two rules of tackling are you:
1) You are trying to bring the player with the ball down/get the ball. You are not trying to injure the player.
2) No high tackles
|#43 - I think killing him was a bit extreme. It seems to me that one… [+] (2 new replies)||07/08/2016 on Here comes the shit storm||+4|
#45 - quazyjash (07/08/2016) [-]
When you're trained to shoot, you're trained to aim for center mass, less likely for a miss, less likely to hurt innocent bystanders, more likely to stop the pursuant. Even if the guy was on the ground, training kicks in and that's where you automatically go to shoot. Plus officers out in the field don't know if someone's doped up on something, sometimes even two shots to the chest won't stop people who are fucked up on a drug. Shooting in the arm or leg wouldn't necessarily lower the risk of someone with a motive like that to come after you.
|#27 - I haven't watched past Phantom Blood yet. I mostly just said t… [+] (3 new replies)||07/06/2016 on Stone mask||0|
|#15 - So... I see we have the same kind of Stand. [+] (7 new replies)||07/06/2016 on Stone mask||+3|
|#89 - Female Chad.||07/03/2016 on Robot receives no help from...||0|
|#9 - I suppose anything's possible. I feel sorry for said stalker, …||07/01/2016 on Leduslecto Uledival||0|
|#4 - ... weird. I just watched the episode with this quote yesterda… [+] (2 new replies)||06/30/2016 on Leduslecto Uledival||+2|
|#19 - Try it in latin, too.||06/04/2016 on my african american||0|