Login or register
Login or register
Stay logged in
Log in/Sign up using Facebook.
Log in/Sign up using Gmail/Google+.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
Email is optional and is used for password recovery purposes.
Rank #25710 on Comments
Level 27 Comments: Peasant
Send mail to pinkinlark
Invite pinkinlark to be your friend
Last status update:
Date Signed Up:
Content Level Progress:
Level 0 Content: Untouched account → Level 1 Content: New Here
Comment Level Progress:
Level 27 Comments: Peasant → Level 28 Comments: Peasant
Total Comments Made:
What people say about pinkinlark
latest user's comments
- You're only allowed to donate blood once every 8 weeks. So I'm…
judasmercy wholesome comp 10
In the US (at least in NJ), you can donate once every 14 days
The place where I donate blood, let me donate every two week, plus he have unusual plasma composition has been used to make a treatment for Rhesus disease, so they will need his blood
- Superconducting magnets have a permanent current that runs con…
MRI machine gone wrong
we're almost out of helium anyway. idk what cosmic power is in charge of miracles but they need to help me out so i can help society out. let me do the work for them.running out of everything and everyone just wants to fight,
- solid logic!
- Doesn't he already have her number if they're texting?
This is brilliant......
- The risk of defects in siblings is actually barely higher than…
/A/non on Incest
No , it's illegal because of the protestant culture.
From a genetic point of view, this is bulshit.
Where'd you get that from? From the three studies I've read, the rate of infant mortality and major congenital birth defects among first degree (sharing 50% of genetic material, such as siblings or parents and children) tends to be around 30-40%, far higher than the general population. First cousins still have a ~5% higher risk of mortality or birth defects, but it's not nearly as extreme.
That's a lie perpetuated by people who "heard from people saying" , who never actually studied genetics and people with agenda.
The rate is much lower, about 1% for general population and 2% for 1st gen inbreed.
This is barely noticeable. (I know, if you narrow your population to specific area and race, you can have like 4-5% )
There is only some genetic diseases where it's actually dangerous like cystic fibrosis .
For example, in the hemochromatosis (and most genetic diseases), you have 2 alleles that have to be defectuous. One can live normally with only 1 altered since it's recessive.
So, if your parents gave to both offsprings 1 defectuous allele , they have 25% chance to have a child with the disease and 50% normal, 25% free of this disease entirely.
But, the problem is, most people doesn't not scan their DNA before mating , and even less before dating . So the risk is not really 25% between siblings but a KNOWN risk, wherease people have an UNKNOWN risk ! They can have between 0 to 100% and they don't know it !
- Not a fake. She went to the same school I went to, University …
Never Give Up
a fellow minnesotan i see. its nice its staying this warm so late into october isnt it?
yearbook pictures or it didn't happen
are you autistic? is that a thing? does any college or university even have a year book? well, i don't know. but this is my second year of uni and there's never been any kind of year book.
- I don't know if the rubik's cube one is factual, but the numbe…
Fun Facts to Know and Tell #2
I made another typo: the correct equation is 3^8*8!*2^12*12!
My mistake on the spelling, as a physicist, I only ever talk about numbers in terms of their order of magnitude rather than their names. The total number of possible random assemblies of the 20
keep in mind that the centres of each of the six sides never move
movable pieces of the cube is 5.3*10^20
, but only 1/12
1/3 for the correct top corner placement and 1/4 for their orientation
of these are solvable.
If you're a physicist, then you should no that particles to not stop moving at absolute 0. They are at their lowest energy state.
And if you're referring to the zero-point energy, that technically still counts, but that's too much to explain in one to two sentences on an image marco.
Yes, fermions become a degenerate Fermi gas with all the lowest states occupied up to the chemical potential of the gas, but bosons are not bound by that restriction.
- It works in Word. Funnyjunk says it's a prohibited character w…
DYK Comp #99
- Only 22 days away!
Only true minnesotians will...
- looks like botox to me
Show Comments (0)