Login or register
Login or register
Stay logged in
Log in/Sign up using Facebook.
Log in/Sign up using Gmail/Google+.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
Email is optional and is used for password recovery purposes.
Have the FunnyJunk newsletter e-mailed to you
Rank #685 on Comments
Level 349 Comments: Sold Soul
Send mail to ompalomper
Invite ompalomper to be your friend
Last status update:
Date Signed Up:
Highest Content Rank:
Highest Comment Rank:
Content Level Progress:
Level 52 Content: Sammich eater → Level 53 Content: Sammich eater
Comment Level Progress:
Level 349 Comments: Sold Soul → Level 350 Comments: Knight Of Funnyjunk
Times Content Favorited:
Total Comments Made:
The Game (2)
What people say about ompalomper
latest user's comments
- That's the dragon armor
Roll Scavenger Hunt
- **ompalomper used "*roll picture*"** **ompalomper rolled image **
Roll Scavenger Hunt
- Facts, results and reality are to liberals what color is to th…
yeah i have to say
both sides have ludicrous elements to them
but i feel that members of the far left are more of a risk to my rights and freedoms.
Let me tell you why articles like these promote ignorance, hatred, polarization, and completely undermine legitimate political discourse.
1) It has no source. At all. If i were inclined I could do a google search and probably find 3-4 conservative blogs running the same article. And i'm fairly certain they wouldn't have any legitimate source otherwise it would be in the artcile.
2) The format is awful. 30% of the article is making legitimate points
even though they aren't legitimate. i'll get to that in a moment
and the other 70% is either liberal bashing or reiterating the points.
3) The content lacks any substance. They throw random claims without offering any context or backing.
4) They use blanket statements. 'Liberals were outraged'. So ~160 million Americans were outraged? Assuming they limit it to Americans. 'They called it racist'. Who did? All 160 million Americans? 'liberals were dumbfounded'. Again, all of them? 'conservatives still pursued a policy to increase the safety of Norway'. What does that even mean? What policy? Which conservatives? 'Conservatives point out that Norway is also protecting against future Islamic attacks'. Making it seem as though conservatives are the only ones who care about safety.
5) They make the assumption that literally no liberal would be glad to deport Muslims with
terrorist connections. They're completely making it a 'liberals and Islamist extremists' against 'conservatives'.
6) The title is stupid sensationalist clickbait. If they had a legitimate point to make
which they don't
the title could have been '824 extremist Muslims deported. Crime drops by 30%.
Thank you! I'm all for voicing one's opinion, but doing so without any knowledge, and blindly following like a sheep really grinds my gears.
the source here is literally a clickbait article that doesn't even pretend to be objective and doesn't cite any sources for its 30% number. I don't know if it's true or not, but as far as credibility goes you might as well refer to Buzzfeed. The only reason you take it at face value is because it agrees with your opinions.
And I thought liberals were supposed to be pretentious
Conservatives flock to ideas that have given results in the past and that you as an individual are responsible for your success
Liberals flock to ideas that ideally should work and that society dictates how successful an individual can be.
This is why liberals like "socialist" solutions and promote social change based on their value assumptions while conservatives favor deregulation and look to what their reality assumptions.
Neither one of these mindsets are right 100% of the time and its why conservatives see liberals as childish idealists because they make decisions based on how they believe the world should be while liberals see conservatives as bigots because they base their decisions on how they believe the world is.
Honestly I think we need both. We need different mindset to answer different questions. No political idea is absolute. Radicalization of one view is not healthy.
Every political party hates each other so finding a mutual agreement is as unrealistic as genetically engineering domesticated cat girls.
Fuck you man, it will happen one day.
The cat girls, of course.
This is a interesting thought. Can't agree that this is always the case. There are examples where the political group ideas contradict your statement.
But I do think you're right that there are fundamental differences on an average scale.
I found this article:
Where scientist scanned the brain of conservatives and liberals and found a notable difference in the brain.
Liberals flock to ideas that shed the dogma of the past and that society as a whole is responsible for human flourishing
Conservatives flock to ideas that ideally should work and that society dictates how successful a business can be.
This is why conservatives like "corporatist" solutions and promote economic change based on their greed assumptions while liberals favor regulation and look to what their reality assumptions.
Neither one of these mindsets are right 100% of the time and its why liberals see conservatives as antiquated idealists because they make decisions based on how they believe the world should be while conservatives see liberals as cucks because they base their decisions on how they believe the world is.
See I can talk like a vapid ideologue too.
- We already live in that world, we call them *******. …
dont gotta be smart to be...
- I like you man but get that weak **** out of …
Donald J. Trump
- Themed accounts are always *********** and *********** here is…
Local Man Gets Brutally...
- I know the feel bruh
When your username gets...
- Oda or Hirano? i know oda said it once with the explanation th…
Oda`s a pervert
- only topped by this entry in Hellsing's TvTropes page …
Oda`s a pervert
In one of his writings in the manga, he says they just keep getting bigger as the series conitnues
Oda or Hirano? i know oda said it once with the explanation that nami at least was still growing
Damn it, now I'll be on Tv Tropes for the next 3 hours.
- some people seem to simply be unable to understand that action…
Statue of Liberty (GONE...
Aww yis, mothafocking Ambiguous in the end
Call me a fukkin weeb but this sounds straight of an anime...
You fucking know it
Kill la kill second Opening.
it has to be ambiguous
when you post a low res video
Show Comments (121)