Click to expand
Rank #6366 on ContentLevel 16 Content: New Here
OfflineSend mail to eggyeggyeggy Block eggyeggyeggy Invite eggyeggyeggy to be your friend
|Last status update:|| |
|Date Signed Up:||7/29/2013|
|Funnyjunk Career Stats|
|Highest Content Rank:||#5203|
|Highest Comment Rank:||#13832|
|Content Thumbs:||218 total, 247 , 29|
|Comment Thumbs:||56 total, 73 , 17|
|Content Level Progress:|| 70% (7/10) |
Level 16 Content: New Here → Level 17 Content: New Here
|Comment Level Progress:|| 87.27% (48/55) |
Level 0 Comments: Untouched account → Level 1 Comments: New Here
|Times Content Favorited:||5 times|
|Total Comments Made:||37|
latest user's comments
|#191 - Well done man, that's a great achievement. Now go get abs [+] (1 new reply)||05/29/2015 on Eating healthy is OFFENSIVE||0|
|#42 - Well, crashing your car into a bridge isn't the wurst thing th…||05/11/2015 on Wurst.||+26|
|#190 - please notify me, this is so cool!||04/25/2015 on Some amazing things part 6||0|
|#87 - That would get an icy look thrown his way. She'd probably give…||04/20/2015 on Frozen Yogurt||+1|
|#9 - yeah I just didn't sea it coming [+] (1 new reply)||04/18/2015 on Kek||+1|
|#186 - why is feminism a bad word? in every movement there are go… [+] (4 new replies)||04/16/2015 on Feminem||0|
#197 - stallwallwriter (04/16/2015) [-]
1) There's a real lack of knowledge (and often, I suspect, a desire not to learn) about feminism on FJ. The things feminists are looking for, like an awareness of privilege, rape culture, and an end to slut shaming, would require the folks on the site who may not always be the most mature people out there to do some uncomfortable soul searching, so it's easier to cherry pick the most radical examples of feminism and assume the movement as a whole is insane. I'd also say there's a minority on this site who actually take the meninist view of feminists as some kind of great satan gyno-nazis, but most users I think are just kind of uninformed.
2) Feminism - heck, any kind of "ism" - means caring about a certain issue. The internet, by culture if not also design, is a sarcastic place. Trolls feed on anger, the more self-righteous the better. And SJWs as a whole are asking us to a) take something seriously and b) be kind to other people. We are not good at this.
3) The long standing belief that "there are no women on the internet", so they and their demands are unreasonable interlopers.
4) The general bro culture on FJ (like seriously, look at Admin. He could take out advertising space on his biceps.)
5) FJ basically wants to be 4chan. It's just our sense of humour.
6) FJ is tenacious in that once we get ahold of a group we dislike, you'd have an easier job getting a pitbull to give up a hamburger than get us to be nice to them.
tl;dr, FJ doesn't know much about feminism and it's more in our nature to mock and shame the outrageous ones than to try to investigate the movement and take it seriously. Said both as a feminist and a person who laughs her ass off regularly at those "it was my privilege" greentexts.
#198 - stallwallwriter (04/16/2015) [-]
Isn't egalitarianism its own philosophical system though?
Also, I believe in being a general human rights advocate, but as a term it's not very specific. People don't call themselves "sexual beings rights advocates" when they're specifically working for gay rights, because why erase the name of the issue you're dealing with?
If anything, the trend has been to make advocacy movements more specific, rather than more general - instead of just "gay rights", there's folks advocating for people who are bi, trans, asexual, etc etc.
Feminism is also working on tackling more than just the problems of rich straight white girls, but the term I've been hearing from them a lot is intersectionality, not egalitarianism.
|#223 - that "manspreading" one... imo that's not even a pr…||04/15/2015 on feminist hypocrisy||0|
|#165 - Instead of "this happens to men as well, get over it.&qu…||04/15/2015 on feminist hypocrisy||+4|
|#43 - I appreciate your point, but judging by how many people commen…||04/09/2015 on /midgets/||+4|
|#27 - Vatican city has 2.24 popes per square kilometre||04/08/2015 on fast facts||0|