Login or register
Login or register
Stay logged in
Log in/Sign up using Facebook.
Log in/Sign up using Gmail/Google+.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
Email is optional and is used for password recovery purposes.
Have the FunnyJunk newsletter e-mailed to you
Rank #1337 on Content
Level 314 Comments: Wizard
Send mail to darkoblivion
Invite darkoblivion to be your friend
Last status update:
Date Signed Up:
Highest Content Rank:
Highest Comment Rank:
Content Level Progress:
Level 161 Content: Soldier Of Funnyjunk → Level 162 Content: Soldier Of Funnyjunk
Comment Level Progress:
Level 314 Comments: Wizard → Level 315 Comments: Wizard
Times Content Favorited:
Total Comments Made:
power rangers (5)
steven universe (5)
monty oum (3)
My Little Pony (3)
final fantasy (2)
I wish i had cool content to post need a better content level for roll-playing
What people say about darkoblivion
latest user's comments
- raise the pupper child to be the ideal child.
Kickass Fact Comp #64
Raise yourself to be a mentally ill paedophile faggot that deserves to die
I never knew who the artist was
Never noticed before, but the dog has a bite mark on it's ass in the last panel. Someone made a wrong choice.
I thought you died.
you neither funny nor gross at this point
you're just boring,and using the same thing Tito would use
seriously,get some new content,you hack.
i can say the same to you
I believe this was FJ's original "trap".....
Am I correct??
I do not know.
-Does the sourceror know??
only time will tell
- This seems so pure hearted and awesome. Roll down the street p…
Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom I...
Got to love being white.
- looks like imp princess needs a spanking. I volunteer for the task.
- D.mei? MEI.va? All i know is i love the concept.
The Bee's Knees
- Comment deleted
DnD dragon girl
- Comment deleted
DnD dragon girl
has deleted their comment.
- Irathia summons her wings and continues forthe to rejoin the g…
FJ Rollplaying - Descend to...
, You take flight, zooming over the winding bridge to cut precious seconds off your travel time. Soon enough, you are almost at the entrance of where you can hear the rest of the parties voices, a hut shrouded by a stench of filth. Your allies are moving away from you, but with your wings, you will be able to catch up next turn!
LIGHT LEVEL - DIM
◙ (*70)Darkoblivion - 36/18 HP, 1/52 MP, - Flight 
+GodFather - 1 Charges left - N/A
Irathia plugs her nose and continues forward.
- "IT's a bit... tight." Irathia caughs trying to get…
FJ Rollplaying - Descend to...
- Irathia glares at the books, wondering why it wouldn't couple …
FJ Rollplaying - Touch of...
The next few pages do exactly that, teaching you to infuse your Thu'um with a dragon's soul.
Typically, this would be a bitch to complete, since dragons are so rare.
But, since you ARE part dragon, a bit of your own soul should suffice.
You can write up another Thu'um, or you can research a different topic.
Irathia studies the last few pages of the dragon language book for a few long minutes then slowly closes it looking asatisfied. Standing off beside her dotty still waits for pardus to fetch her book on local plants an animals.
" He still hasn't found it yet?" Irathia thinks to dotty over their psychic link, to which dotty simply shrugs at her.
"I guess they're hidden deeper than he expexted." She sighs. " You got really into your book."
"Ah, yes. I know how to speak and read draconic in my world but it's ddifferent here... and more powerful." Irathia says with a slight smile, "Anyway, Mr. pardus Were you able to find a book on harnessing Demonic magic? I need to know if there are risks to the who use it? And don't forget, dotty want a book on the local plants and animals."
as far as the nature book goes, just looking for plants that would be useful in crafting an instrument. If you have them premade that is.
At your call, you hear the startled murmur of a freshly awoken leopard. Pardus hustles out from behind a shelf, looking a little embarrassed.
"Yep, yep, just the thing, right here. Found it just now."
He hands you a book on necromancy, and hands Dotty a book on herbology.
Plants more common on Theros than elsewhere:
Mandragora / Mandrake Root
- Properties include medicine, hallucinogens and illusions, suffocation. The root fibers are excellent strings for musical instruments, but in conjunction with magic they almost always have a harmful effect.
- A rare delicacy, these tasty cherry-sized berries are a succulent and slightly spicy treat. Pertii berries are notoriously difficult to harvest, as they are only ripe for a few weeks out of the year.
Anemone, or "Blood Poppy"
- This decorative flower grows only on battlefields and places of death, and is traditionally believed to grow only where a thing of great beauty is slain.
- Though it grows nearly anywhere, this dull, gray plant is believed to flower only in places of necromantic or deathly energy. It is often destroyed when found,
as undead seem to be drawn to it. The tubers have a tough, fibery texture but are rarely used in crafts because of the whole undead-attracting thing.
- Believed to have numerous magical properties, usually assosiated with dreams and fantasies.
- Hermits have long used hellebore to cure various kinds of madness, dementia, and hysteria. Care must be taken, however, because hellebore is toxic in large doses.
Dotty happily accepts the herbology book and quickly sits down to read it. Irathia on the other hand immediately looks concerned upon looking at the cover of the necromancy book.
"uh... Pardus are you sure..." she says uneasily as she cracks the book open, "n-nevermind i can take a look and if i don't like what i learn i never have to put it into practice. Right?"
Unease clear on her face irathia sits down near dotty and begins to read, her tail snaking round to wrap around dotty.
"Oh, I'm sorry, you were looking for evil magic, yes?"
Pardus seems a bit concerned and confused.
Meanwhile, Dotty is uncovering lots of new plants.
- A tough but beautiful tree with fragrant flowers often used in holy incense or other scents and perfumes. Believed to protect a house or person against evil, and often used in medicines to lighten the mood, bring joy, or inspire complacency.
- A tree with beautiful flowers and a delicious, sweet fruit. The berries are enjoyed as a succulent and mildly narcotic treat, but can lead to addiction in regular doses. The wood of the tree is soft and easily carved into any manner of tools and instruments.
- This pungent flower is said to ward against evil magics, though it is highly poisonous if eaten. The stringy roots are often used in alchemy and weaving.
- This large tree has a rigid, hard wood that is exceptionally useful for carving tools, and the branches are often bored to make flutes and pipes. Citizens often engage in romantic or physically amorous activities in pine groves, though there is no known alchemical reason for it.
- This river reed grows long stalks and is topped with a seeded cone. The inner fiber of the stalks is supple and easily used to make clothing or string instruments, while the rigid stalks have been traditionally used in flutes and pipes. The god Xenagos is said to have played Kalamos pipes before he ascended.
- The wood of the yew tree is flexible but strong, and makes some of the best bows, boats, and other rigid constructions. Care must be taken when discarding the unneeded wood, as burnt yew creates toxic fumes.
Dotty now knows enough to go foraging for alchemical reagents, or to find supplies to make something. She'll have a lot more luck if you go with her.
" Well...Technically yes." Irathia says looking up from the book, " I had hoped there was a book about common forms of demonic magic, that way i might be able to better draw upon the latent potential of my heritage if i need to. Necromancy wasn't what i expected and is also something i've fought against firsthand. I'm not exactly sure i'd ever employ it's techniques."
" You don't have to try so hard to protect me you know, nothing's even happened yet." Dotty says bumping irathia with her hips as she reads, " This book here says there are a few plants in the woods nearby that we can use to build you a new instrument. Maybe we can just do that instead."
Pardus looks around the library thoughtfully.
"Not much written on the occult, since we don't have much practice here. Disciples of Erebos, Kruphix, and Xenagos have been known to dabble in demonomancy... but if you're looking for magic that's more in line with being a...
(?) demon, maybe something more like shadow magic, chaos magic, mind magic, or curses?"
He waits, unsure which topic you'd prefer to read up on.
dotty would also continue to read the herbology book if there is anything more to be found.
" shadow magic? that should work I already have an ability that let's me move shadows a bit with my mind." Irathia says closing the necromancy book, and holding it up to pardus. " Please and thank you."
The herbology book is pretty much tapped out, but Pardus finds you a book on shadow magic.
Physically, darkness is the natural state of being, the prevalent environment that exists where there is no light. Magickally, darkness is the shroud that protects delicate magick. To truly understand the magickal powers of the dark, we must understand the light as well.
Light has long been regarded as the energy of safety, protection, and revelation. Light, like Fire, is a harsh and purifying force. It promotes health, truth, protection, and life. But it is counter-productive to subtle and delicate things. Light is anathema to mold, fungi, deception, enchantment, and creatures of the spirit realm.
Darkness is the realm of such things.
Light and Dark have long held moral and ethical connotations, though this is a philosophical practice. There is no reason that the wicked cannot manipulate forces of Light and vibrance, nor no reason that the upright should avoid Darkness and deception. It is the author's personal belief that these associations are the result of Light and Dark's influence on one of the most subtle and potent magickal forces, Necromancy.
Necromancy, the ability to manipulate the spirits and bodies of the dead, is an art requiring much sacrifice, skill, and determination. It is challenging beyond most magickal arts, and requires a delicate and subtle hand. Have you never wondered why spirits and creatures of a necromantic nature walk only at night? It is because the sun's Light burns away at the enchantments and magickal powers that support them.
It is with this knowledge that we approach the art of Shadow Magick.
When one wishes to weave enchantments, conjure spirits, or influence the mind of another, they find refuge and solace in areas removed from the glaring purity of Light. Dark, then, becomes the element of influence and subtlety.
And the manipulation of Shadows provides a safe haven for magicks of that nature. By first depriving an area of Light, one allows for more potent magicks to be employed. Attempt to shroud yourself from view at noontime, and you shall find the task nearly impossible. But the same spell becomes effortless at midnight.
Thus, for the serious practitioner, Shadow Magick is a necessary and versatile resource.
There are those who argue that, as Darkness is considered the absence of Light, shadows may be manipulated by the manipulation of Light.
Surprisingly, they are correct.
But they do not comprehend the whole.
When one manipulates Light to create shadow, he laces the Light with wasted magickal potential... the mana that flows from him moves into illuminated space where his spell cannot draw from it. However, when manipulating the shadow itself, the mana spent is not wasted, but can be tapped into for the fueling of desired spells.
You can manipulate Light to create darkness, but it is not advised.
The book contains several non-sequential sections, each detailing a different aspect or application of shadow magic. Which would you like to pursue?
Chapter 1 - Shaping Shadows
This section details the manipulation of a shadow's area to create zones in which delicate magick can be more easily performed.
Chapter 2 - Umbral Infusion
This section details methods to lace a shadow with spells or magickal power, for immediate or later use.
Chapter 3 - Sunset Sanctum
This section details avoiding Light and protecting against the harmful effects of Light and Light-based magick.
Chapter 4 - Dusk and Doubts
Shadow Magick is especially useful when influencing the mind of another. This section details methods to do so.
Chapter 5 - Ominous Obscura
Manipulation of shadows can provide a safe haven for powerful spirits unable to exist in the light. This section details their pacts and powers.
Chapter 6 - The Door in Darkness
There are many realms untouched by Light, and shadows may provide passage to them. This section details such navigation.
Comment deleted by
Breath of Fire
[ customized power ] [ 10 Essence ]
Du ● Free Action ─ Extinguish all fires and burning Pain effects in your vicinity. For each fire or burning effect extinguished this way, your next Toor this round deals +1 damage.
Yol ● Free Action ─ The effectiveness of Du is doubled, to +2 damage per fire or burning effect extinguished this turn. Your next Toor this round costs a minimum of 2 MP, and deals 1 Fire damage per 2 MP spent.
Toor ● Standard Action (X MP, minimum 3) ─ Your voice becomes a wave of fire that sweeps out from you in a cone, burning the target and all creatures in their vicinity. This deals 1 Fire damage per 3 MP spent. Affected creatures suffer burning Pain 1  unless they succeed on an Agility check.
- have a thumb, you're the only one in in this chain without one
Show Comments (974)