Rank #5733 on CommentsLevel 241 Comments: Doinitrite
OfflineSend mail to contradiction Block contradiction Invite contradiction to be your friend flag avatar
Would you fuck me?
I'd fuck me, I'd fuck me hard.
I'd fuck me, I'd fuck me hard.
latest user's comments
|#141 - whats that last one from? [+] (1 new reply)||4 hours ago on More Dank WebMs #4||0|
#146 - anonymous (3 hours ago) [-]
|#152 - I now just discovered what those eye ball things are.||4 hours ago on Why||0|
|#74 - Picture||01/27/2015 on You’ve gone too far, KFC||0|
|#11 - I am now of knowing why sun and son are of same spelling. …||01/26/2015 on D:||+8|
|#210 - Sorry what i just said made no sense. I did say it was bad but…||01/22/2015 on :4)||0|
|#209 - never said it was bad I just didn't like it.||01/22/2015 on :4)||0|
|#155 - It feels weird being in the minority. The movie had unnecessar… [+] (9 new replies)||01/21/2015 on :4)||0|
#170 - thismustbeseen (01/21/2015) [-]
I have other issues with it which are guaranteed to get me red thumbs here:
- It glorifies being a sniper, which IMO isn`t "honorable". If your enemy can`t see you, and has no chance to respond, it`s not a fair contest. It's closer to sitting in a room piloting a done than actual combat. If a soldier should be decorated for anything, it's the risk he puts himself in. If it's combat kills, then the pilots of the Enloa Gay should be literally burried in medals.
- It glorifies killing people, specifically, Iraquis. Even in a justified war, it seems barbaric to glorify killing people. To me, it`s a deed that needs to be done, nothing more. They were defending themselves, the US invanded. Also, what about the families of the 160 people he killed?
- It glorifies the Iraq war, which was totally unjustified and fought under the wrong circumstances
- It suggests a connection between 9/11 and the Iraq war when there wasn't one
- It glorifies going to war in general, over investing time in your family
Maybe, just maybe I might have gotten into this movie if it was about a guy who went to war directly in response to 9/11, and maybe died in the conflict with the Taliban. But no, I saw this as propaganda, and it left a bad taste in my mouth that I couldn't get over.
If you remember Inglorious Basterds - the part with the movie about the German sniper? The whole thing is just the guy in a clock tower picking off allied forces, he's then hailed as a hero of Germany. THAT meta-movie is the closest thing to American Sniper.
#182 - alucardhell (01/21/2015) [-]
1) you do realize that it is a movie adaption of his autobiography, so there are going to be connections in it which are false, but he believed them so that he could rationalize what he had to do. If he didn't do that, it is likely that he would have taken his own life for the orders and decisions he had to make as far too many do.
2) Battles aren't like they used to be, but even so, even in WW2, the chance of you seeing who killed your buddy is slim to none.
3) Military snipers are at VERY high risk most of the time. They are trained to go deep into occupied territory with only their spotter with them. If they are caught, snipers are usually killed. So they know they will never be POW, just KIA.
#204 - thismustbeseen (01/21/2015) [-]
Ok sure... here's something I can actually respond to.
1) Alright, I guess he would have to rationalize somehow to stay sane, but it doesn't change my opinion of this movie.
2) Alright, let's assume that, and even what Anonymouse said that it's 90% - my opinion is then that 90% of war has no honor or glory whatsoever. It's just a matter of equipment and technology. But I actually think a bigger proportion of conflicts have the sides more balanced. An aerial dogfight or submarine warfare is still somewhat "honorable", since both sides have planes and ships and are at least aware of each other.
3) That's not the impression I was getting from the movie, but sure. My impression of snipers is they are at less relative risk than front line infantry. They would necessarily have to be, otherwise how would it be possible to get 160 kills? Isn't the whole point of snipers that they can take out targets from far away without much risk to themselves?
But yeah, even if I assume everything you said is true (which is totally reasonable), the movie still glorifies killing, war, an unjustified war, and going to war over objectively better things such as your family. It's still propaganda, and very similar to the thing in Inglorious Basterds.
#206 - thismustbeseen (01/21/2015) [-]
I'm on the fence as to if it's merely my opinion that this is propaganda or if this is actually, objectively, propaganda. I'm pretty sure it is. It's much easier to see it that way if you're not American.
... It's like... two steps from being like Starship Troopers, which was a parody of actual propaganda.
|#14 - Picture||01/19/2015 on Critical failure||0|
|#31 - I thought it was mediocre.||01/18/2015 on Fuck Tumblr||0|
|#13 - 6'5||01/04/2015 on (Titled)||-1|
Join Subscribe animemanga
Join Subscribe broken-gifs
Join Subscribe darksoulstime
Join Subscribe doge
Join Subscribe legend-of-zelda
Join Subscribe polandball
Join Subscribe videogames