Rank #8238 on CommentsLevel 267 Comments: Pure Win
OfflineSend mail to cabbagemayhem Block cabbagemayhem Invite cabbagemayhem to be your friend
|Last status update:|| |
|Date Signed Up:||2/19/2011|
|FunnyJunk Career Stats|
|Highest Content Rank:||#1514|
|Highest Comment Rank:||#843|
|Content Thumbs:||6997 total, 7528 , 531|
|Comment Thumbs:||8003 total, 11565 , 3562|
|Content Level Progress:|| 56.99% (57/100) |
Level 166 Content: Soldier Of Funnyjunk → Level 167 Content: Soldier Of Funnyjunk
|Comment Level Progress:|| 88% (88/100) |
Level 267 Comments: Pure Win → Level 268 Comments: Pure Win
|Times Content Favorited:||453 times|
|Total Comments Made:||5773|
|Favorite Tags:||chan appendix (2)|
- Views: 689554chan's Favorite Body Part
3546 171 Total: +3375
- Views: 33597Looking for someone?
1300 89 Total: +1211
- Views: 270434chan's Favorite Body Part
763 23 Total: +740
- Views: 3295750 insane facts about the Eye
672 68 Total: +604
- Views: 23369Friendly Fire
606 27 Total: +579
- Views: 10270Spider While Dumping
334 27 Total: +307
- Views: 1418Bruce Lee Secrets - Froggy Fresh
7 1 Total: +6
- Views: 21417Sex Movie Porn XXX
17 11 Total: +6
- Views: 1207Be Inspired
5 2 Total: +3
- Views: 805Super Mario Bros Epic Level
7 4 Total: +3
- Views: 2589Girl Gamer - Battlefield Friends
7 4 Total: +3
latest user's comments
|#202 - I thought I would have to refute that video, but he confirms: … [+] (1 new reply)||3 hours ago on Anti nope foam spray||0|
|#184 - >mosquitoes are dangerous, but necessary for nature's ecosy… [+] (3 new replies)||9 hours ago on Anti nope foam spray||+1|
#202 - cabbagemayhem (3 hours ago) [-]
I thought I would have to refute that video, but he confirms: some studies have been done that suggest that killing mosquitoes to extinction would cause no lasting ecological damage. If we just target species that affect humans, any other mosquito apologists should be satisfied.
To hell with those parasitic disease spreaders. They've killed more people than all of the wars combined. They picked the wrong species to make their host.
|#191 - Gary Johnson 2016 [+] (1 new reply)||07/26/2016 on Who shouldn't vote for...||+1|
|#59 - In that case you would just create new notes worth smaller fra…||07/25/2016 on everything is allright||+4|
|#120 - In response to the most liberal post imaginable, you blame the…||07/22/2016 on War: Modern Military Rifles...||+2|
|#100 - I'll try to address your psychobabble as short as possible. Fi…||07/22/2016 on Chinese lawyer's clothes...||0|
|#92 - Actually, infantry are still the single most important unit in… [+] (2 new replies)||07/21/2016 on Chinese lawyer's clothes...||+1|
#96 - Fgner (07/21/2016) [-]
You have no idea how this works.
0) Not in a civil war. The idea is to squash the rebellion, you don't have any conquering to do. And you're a tyrannical government anyway, just blow the fuck out of them. There's 0 reason for a government to use actual troops to go close quarters. The government could then lie and say it was a rebel headquarters, no civilians were harmed (how can you prove otherwise), and the clean up the rubble. Even if more people revolted, they have a surplus of bodies to replace them and the "blow them the fuck up" tactics work.
And the few times you need ground troops in, say, important hostage situations, security, etc. They'll have them. Their army is a few million strong, their culture has a distinct lack of concern for the lives of other people, they have plenty of manpower to fight a sticks and stones rebellion.
1) The RPG-30 has already been defeated by the "Trench Coat" Israeli countermeasure. It's also not available for purchase for foreign entities, and even if it was costs several thousand dollars per missile. And on the huge gap of reasoning that the civilians had enough money to buy them as well as Russia having the bright idea to sell them, Russia would never sell them. Would you risk WW3 for chump change?
2) This is absolutely and 100% completely bullshit. A single sidewinder, which is *really* basic tech is half a fucking million. Here's some actual numbers: www.defencebd.com/2010/11/missile-price-list.html. Notice how fucking crazy those prices are? It's because they aren't just dumb missiles. They have to be able to identify and track a target miles away, several thousand feet in the sky, moving the speed of fucking sound, then manage to catch up to it and actually HIT it despite manoeuvres and countermeasures deployed by the pilot. And it needs an accompanying high-power radar system, likely a custom low-wavelength one to even have a chance at detecting anything with a stealth coating. And who the fuck is making these things for the civilians? It's not some basic factory, these aren't toys, they need guidance systems accurate to the fucking millimeter, high-grade explosives you can't just get on craigslist, rocket fuel, precision machined control surfaces, special alloys for the casing. Despite all that, modern SAMs only have a fucking 30-50% kill rate.
And sure, your total expense will be lower than the expense of the plane. But let's see who can hold out longer: the poor rebels buying 2 million dollar missiles on piss salaries (if they even still have jobs), or the government that's been hoarding weapons and money and still rakes in virtually all the money from their economy buying 30 million dollar jets.
3) War changed a long-ass time ago, you don't seem to have caught up. Pray tell, what exactly makes an infantryman absolutely vital in killing rebels? Why can't an armored unit siege a building? Why can't a drone level a building? Why can't a helicopter gun down anyone at any time?
4) You conveniently ignored how they know literally every detail about the lives of these people as well. The Great Firewall is one hell of a tool, their spying is invaluable. Just like Erdogen they probably have a databse of all "potential rebels". The greatest weapon is that they don't even need a war, just a secret police to kill anyone who starts too much dissent. Hell, they don't even need to kill them, just plant drugs at the house and arrest them forever. You make this seem like it's an actual war, but it's not. It's not the fucking 50s, everything is completely different and the vectors for battle are radically different.
#100 - cabbagemayhem (07/22/2016) [-]
- The RPG-30 is an example of how modern tanks are matched by modern weapons. And, the RPG costs only a few thousand dollars -- you could afford that if you got a job. Tanks cost five million or more.
- MANPADS (man-portable air-defense systems) can be acquired for the price of a new car. That list you posted is for full-fledged SAM systems designed to deny air power for an entire region. That's overkill for a revolt, and in a civil war, both sides would have them.
Now to address your psychobabble, you can't just "blow up" the rebels. You have to find them first. Then you have to order the military to "blow up" their fellow countrymen. And then, it would only slow down a revolt of any significant size. Like I said, advanced weaponry is still only useful as support. There is not enough advanced weaponry in the world to "blow up" revolting citizens faster than they can recruit more. You would know this if you based your position on reality. These things happen continuously around the world. It's almost axiomatic that if a small minimum percentage of the population revolts, the government cannot simply "stomp" them out.
In conclusion, no matter if it's a revolt, or a full-fledged war, infantrymen have always been and continue to be the sole force behind any conflict. Without them, there is no war. Government can only resist a revolt with the support of its citizens, and even then it can only resist, not dominate. Advanced technology can only support, alone it is useless.
|#225 - Fire and police services are better known as public services. …||07/20/2016 on Who is that system||+1|
|#185 - What do you mean, in socialism no one gets the shaft? O…||07/19/2016 on Who is that system||+1|
|#178 - The debate between socialism and capitalism was resolve… [+] (8 new replies)||07/19/2016 on Who is that system||+1|
#199 - hellsno (07/19/2016) [-]
Communism is different and says that ALL means of production should belong to the state. Socialism says that some means of production should when it makes sense... ie infrastructure. Real capitalism would require private fire departments (something we once had), and road tolls every 10 feet.
So, the debate today is where the balance between socialism and capitalism should exist. Everything in moderation. The debate is very much not settled, nor should it be.
#231 - somuchfreedom (07/20/2016) [-]
a political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.
synonyms: leftism, welfarism; More
policy or practice based on the political and economic theory of socialism.
synonyms: leftism, welfarism; More
(in Marxist theory) a transitional social state between the overthrow of capitalism and the realization of communism.
Nowhere in there did it day some control of some things. The government providing services is not socialism, the government exclusivley controlling services or industries is
#255 - thebigbadbeest (07/22/2016) [-]
you have no idea what either communism or Socialism are. Communism is a social, political, and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money, and the STATE. Socialism is a range of economic and social systems characterised by social ownership and democratic control of the means of production
#241 - hellsno (07/20/2016) [-]
Nope. It says "or regulation". The US has zero unregulated markets. Unregulated markets don't function well, and create what are called market failures. You're confusing socialism with communism. They are different. Communism is far more extreme. Socialism can be applied on a micro economic scale and integrated within a capitalist market. It's not the dirty word people think it is. It's just a description of many parts of our current system.
#225 - cabbagemayhem (07/20/2016) [-]
Under socialism, all industry is controlled and maintained by the state. However, in a classical liberal society (what you roughly refer to as capitalism), the only purpose of government is to provide an environment where we can pursue our own happiness. That means government's purpose is for national security and justice (some allow for simpler forms of welfare), and that's it.
Let me enumerate your list of "socialist" services.
- Fire departments: Yes we did once have private fire departments. And they were predictably cheaper and more efficient than state run fire departments. It's not the fire departments in question though. We've reached a state of socialism far past socialized fire services holding us back.
- Public roads: We wouldn't pay tolls every 10 feet, but we would pay tolls. However, they would be much cheaper than the tolls we pay for roads in the Gas Tax. Nowadays, we don't even have to stop to pay, it can be done automatically.
- Schools: Private schools are already known to be much less expensive, and much more educational than government schools. It doesn't have to be socialized to ensure everyone gets an education. Everyone can get a better education by de-socializing the school system.
- Insurance: Insurance is not socialism. Insurance is voluntary. Socialism is an insurance policy at the end of a gun. I don't know about you, but I don't even like _private_ insurance companies, let alone one that is above the law.
- Social security is the worst insurance policy you could possibly take out for your retirement. Unfortunately, you don't have a choice.
- National defense is not socialism, it's one of the fundamental duties of government.