Login or register
Login or register
Stay logged in
Log in/Sign up using Facebook.
Log in/Sign up using Gmail/Google+.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
Email is optional and is used for password recovery purposes.
Have the FunnyJunk newsletter e-mailed to you
Rank #40983 on Subscribers
Level 249 Comments: Doinitrite
Send mail to bobbysnobby
Invite bobbysnobby to be your friend
Last status update:
Date Signed Up:
Content Level Progress:
Level 0 Content: Untouched account → Level 1 Content: New Here
Comment Level Progress:
Level 249 Comments: Doinitrite → Level 250 Comments: Contaminated Win
Total Comments Made:
What people say about bobbysnobby
latest user's comments
- They actually imported the steel they just forged the swords. …
The Last Seven Samurai...
The viking did it looooooooong before damascus steel was a thing. The viking method was to take several rods made of slightly different steel, weld them together, twist them around into a certain pattern and then then heat and hammer them until they turned into a single, solid piece. Damascus steel is made using several sheets of slightly different steel and the same procedure. Basically, the difference is that the vikings used rods and whoever it is that actually made damascus steel used sheets. This also resulted in a different pattern. The viking crucible steel has more symmetric patterns and doesn't have as many rings as the damascus steel.
Actually, newest findings show that the Franks they indeed made their own crucible steel. That is all "Damascus" steel is, crucible steel.
It is interesting, however, that you say "Its called Damascus steel for a raisin," considering how Damascus imported their steel from India. The proper name for historical "Damascus" steel is "Wootz" steel, which was imported from India to Damascus, where the swords were forged.
TL;DR the Franks DID make their own crucible steel, Damascus didn't.
Neil deGrasse Tyson on the...
- Question. I have done nothing but teleport bread for 5 days.
Super Team Fortress
- rumor has it that konami is controlled to some degree by Yakuz…
Rip in fucking pieces.
- Very interesting podcast where Malcolm Gladwell defe…
- Same can be done on the top segment
- already put it in this thread but now you can get the pm
- its actually not guesswork. ms paint skill increased
- look at the bottom the flag 2 2 2 3 flag row. Lets as…
- Im ganna be honest i should have expected that and running on …
Its so worth watching
Show Comments (0)