Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

hide menu

Jowi    

Rank #1785 on Comments
no avatar Level 307 Comments: Lord Of Laughs
Offline
Send mail to Jowi Block Jowi Invite Jowi to be your friend
Last status update:
-
Personal Info
Date Signed Up:8/20/2010
Last Login:10/24/2014
Funnyjunk Career Stats
Content Ranking:#8974
Comment Ranking:#1785
Highest Content Rank:#5499
Highest Comment Rank:#1362
Content Thumbs: 612 total,  857 ,  245
Comment Thumbs: 11460 total,  13972 ,  2512
Content Level Progress: 60% (6/10)
Level 58 Content: Sammich eater → Level 59 Content: Sammich eater
Comment Level Progress: 13% (13/100)
Level 307 Comments: Lord Of Laughs → Level 308 Comments: Lord Of Laughs
Subscribers:3
Content Views:63076
Times Content Favorited:35 times
Total Comments Made:3255
FJ Points:11362

latest user's comments

#13 - chill man....  [+] (3 new replies) 09/03/2014 on who got hacked? +1
User avatar #15 - tkfourtwoone (09/03/2014) [-]
How can I, when fucking GARY OLDMAN is recognized by these fucking idiots only as "Sirius Black from HP"?!?

Not to mention Leon is already pretty old as well!

Fucking newborns... What's next? Recognizing Alan Rickman in "Die Hard" and asking if he's the same guy as "Snape from HP"?!?
#17 - xxxsonic fanxxx (09/03/2014) [-]
I would've recognized Alan Rickman as the Metatron.
#16 - Jowi (09/03/2014) [-]
Sadly for you we live in a world where people haven't all seen the same movies.
Have you seen the 4 and half hour cut of "Gone with the Wind"? Or the "Complete Works of Charlie Chaplin"? Maybe you missed out on "FRED OTT’S FAMOUS SNEEZE" the earliest copyrighted motion picture?

Just because a film is old doesn't mean it needs to be seen. It also means that people who were like 6 at the time of it coming out probably didn't see it because the age rating would have been too high and by the time they were able to watch it, other films would have taken its place.

So, I repeat, chill man. It's a film
#27 - >Implying that as a student I fold or even attempt to put m…  [+] (2 new replies) 09/03/2014 on Every College Student's Dream +95
#74 - RipperMan (09/03/2014) [-]
>implying that after graduating and getting a job my clean clothes aren't just a large pile on my couch
#75 - Jowi (09/03/2014) [-]
You live the dream my friend
#36 - OK, except I think it's possible that the biggest threat to wo…  [+] (5 new replies) 09/03/2014 on Effect of Feminism 150 -4
#38 - teranin (09/03/2014) [-]
Actually, no, there is parity in domestic violence. www.saveservices.org/2012/02/cdc-study-more-men-than-women-victims-of-partner-abuse/

Actual kills are 65% males killing females, 35% females killing males. www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/mf.pdf

Lesbian couples have the highest rates of domestic abuse (tables 6 and 8) www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/181867.pdf

Women are not oppressed by men in most of the world, there are some countries certainly, but in countries like Spain and Sweden women are actually oppressing men. In France, it is illegal to do paternity testing on your own recognizance. Think about that for a second.

Again, never at any time did I suggest that women can't talk about domestic violence. My issue is solely with the misrepresentation of men who statistically are about as dangerous to women as red meat, and who are 4x as dangerous to each other, as being "the greatest threat women face", especially when something as stupid as Diarrhea kills more women in developed countries with medical.
#96 - xxxsonic fanxxx (09/03/2014) [-]
dude, first off, there is like a little bit left til equality in sweden, the paycheck differs some and the objectification and sexualisation is a bit more drastic against women.
men aren't opprssed and neither are women, though there is a bit longer to go to make them fully equal to men, and that process includes raising the issues where women have the upper hand too.
However, the kind of "feminism" that is displayed time and again on this site belongs to a teeeny weeny little shitty corner of the feminist movement in sweden, kind of like the KKK to christians in USA, here almost everyone just works for equality for everyone, man and woman alike, the word is "femi"-nism because it still holds a great historical value, and frankly due to the fact that a swedish woman can excpect a number of millions less in their bankaccount at the end of their carreer than a man. so yeah. those man-haters may reside in USA, but they aren't here dude. don't go preaching lies man
User avatar #53 - samthediv (09/03/2014) [-]
"research on violence in same sex couples has been limited to small, unrepresentative samples of gay and lesbian couples" - Page 36.

> small and unrepresentative.
> Not even decent qualitative data
> No quantitative data at all regarding the matter
Plz find a better study
User avatar #54 - teranin (09/03/2014) [-]
they're hard to find, sorry about that. I'll look around for a better one later.
User avatar #55 - samthediv (09/03/2014) [-]
No worries
#19 - Essentially an extremist movement in the Middle East that star…  [+] (11 new replies) 09/03/2014 on (untitled) +21
User avatar #25 - princessren (09/03/2014) [-]
Muslims leaving Europe and going back to the Middle East
isn;t that like Mexicans jumping the border back into Mexico
I don;t see the problem :^)

no but seriously, if waves of muslim immigrants want to go and get killed in the middle east is that bad?
I practically see everyday people on here complaining about the muslim immigration problem in Europe
#29 - Jowi (09/03/2014) [-]
It's bad because they're still European nationals. After the fighting is done they can return to their home countries radicalised and may partake in terrorist activities here, since ISOL hates the West
User avatar #30 - princessren (09/03/2014) [-]
yeah that's what I thought was the bad part
anyway to remove their citizenship?
#38 - Jowi (09/03/2014) [-]
Well in the UK where I'm from there are talks about removing anybodies passport who has ties with fundamental Islam and is returning to the country after long breaks.
It's only a temporary measure however because it is against international law to de-nationalise somebody.

Cameron being the flip-flopping cunt he is is talking about reintroducing the detention centres that he illegalised at the start of his term because they were against human rights.

I consider myself a leftist when it comes to politics, so I'm kind of caught between both arguments. Human rights v personal security is one of the hottest topics on the planet.
User avatar #39 - princessren (09/03/2014) [-]
what does it say in the spoiler it won;t open for me
#55 - Jowi (09/03/2014) [-]
It's where I'm from
User avatar #24 - LazierThanThou (09/03/2014) [-]
It actually gets worse, because they're rich terrorists. When they started taking control of Iraq, they got their hands on a huge sum of cash (I think I've heard estimates upwards $1.2 billion, but I can't confirm). NY times talks about them getting around $400 million.

www.nytimes.com/2014/06/29/opinion/sunday/in-iraq-and-syria-isis-militants-are-flush-with-funds.html

That'll buy an awful lot of Jihad.
#34 - Jowi (09/03/2014) [-]
Hmm it will and it won't. Armies cost a hell of a lot to upkeep.
I mean I know they're not buying 65000000 fighter jets at 60 a pop but food, medicine, ammunition, combat clothing is pretty expensive and distribution and logistics add on to that.

1.2 bill is a start but I imagine they're being funded from elsewhere, like the hyper-religious Sheikhs in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
In the end, mostly this war is about the control of oil and people in the region and the Sheikhs are the people that have had a taste for both and want more
User avatar #41 - LazierThanThou (09/03/2014) [-]
Right, but a significant difference between ISIS and AQ is funding. Granted, AQ didn't have a standing army(that I'm aware of), but if you're just talking about threats, ISIS is more of one because they have more money, which translates into power.
User avatar #118 - Ashtaroth (09/03/2014) [-]
It doesn't really help matters at all that ISIS is using U.S. issue weapons that were supplied to the "rebels" in Syria by Obama's orders. We gave them everything they needed to become a super-terrorist organization, in spite of the majority of the country saying we needed to just let Syria destroy itself. Despite the warnings that half the "rebels" in Syria were in fact members of various terrorist organizations. Add to that the fact that ISIS also has captured Iraqi military stations, armories, and supply depots, and they have an army equipped to fight anything any middle eastern nation could bring against them.
User avatar #148 - LazierThanThou (09/03/2014) [-]
The term "FUBAR" springs to mind.
#34 - Obviously women around the world don't die from being abused b…  [+] (7 new replies) 09/03/2014 on Effect of Feminism 150 0
#35 - teranin (09/03/2014) [-]
I agree. Saying "Women can't talk about that simply because they die from other stuff more often" would be a silly argument. That's why it's so easy to refute. Luckily, no one even came close to making that argument, which is at best a total misunderstanding and at worst an intentional strawman when the content of the argument is right above you.

Instead, the argument here is that feminism should not disingenuously represent male on female violence as the largest threat women face, as it unjustly demonizes men and marginalizes other issues women face. So the issue here is not the act of discussing it, it is it's misrepresentation to push a narrative of male violence and evil and female victimhood and benevolence.

I hope that has cleared things up for you.
#36 - Jowi (09/03/2014) [-]
OK, except I think it's possible that the biggest threat to women SOLELY is men.
Both men AND women die from heart disease, both get cancer, both die in car accidents.

However spousal abuse is more often than not aimed at women rather than men. It is a big problem world wide that women are oppressed by men. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a country where women actively are the dominant gender and even then I'd wager that spousal abuse wouldn't be as big a thing there.
I'm not saying women can't be abusive or that all men are abusive. I'm just saying that women do have a right to campaign against abuse because men are generally the ones committing the acts of violence against the other gender.
#38 - teranin (09/03/2014) [-]
Actually, no, there is parity in domestic violence. www.saveservices.org/2012/02/cdc-study-more-men-than-women-victims-of-partner-abuse/

Actual kills are 65% males killing females, 35% females killing males. www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/mf.pdf

Lesbian couples have the highest rates of domestic abuse (tables 6 and 8) www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/181867.pdf

Women are not oppressed by men in most of the world, there are some countries certainly, but in countries like Spain and Sweden women are actually oppressing men. In France, it is illegal to do paternity testing on your own recognizance. Think about that for a second.

Again, never at any time did I suggest that women can't talk about domestic violence. My issue is solely with the misrepresentation of men who statistically are about as dangerous to women as red meat, and who are 4x as dangerous to each other, as being "the greatest threat women face", especially when something as stupid as Diarrhea kills more women in developed countries with medical.
#96 - xxxsonic fanxxx (09/03/2014) [-]
dude, first off, there is like a little bit left til equality in sweden, the paycheck differs some and the objectification and sexualisation is a bit more drastic against women.
men aren't opprssed and neither are women, though there is a bit longer to go to make them fully equal to men, and that process includes raising the issues where women have the upper hand too.
However, the kind of "feminism" that is displayed time and again on this site belongs to a teeeny weeny little shitty corner of the feminist movement in sweden, kind of like the KKK to christians in USA, here almost everyone just works for equality for everyone, man and woman alike, the word is "femi"-nism because it still holds a great historical value, and frankly due to the fact that a swedish woman can excpect a number of millions less in their bankaccount at the end of their carreer than a man. so yeah. those man-haters may reside in USA, but they aren't here dude. don't go preaching lies man
User avatar #53 - samthediv (09/03/2014) [-]
"research on violence in same sex couples has been limited to small, unrepresentative samples of gay and lesbian couples" - Page 36.

> small and unrepresentative.
> Not even decent qualitative data
> No quantitative data at all regarding the matter
Plz find a better study
User avatar #54 - teranin (09/03/2014) [-]
they're hard to find, sorry about that. I'll look around for a better one later.
User avatar #55 - samthediv (09/03/2014) [-]
No worries
#11 - Bed of Roses! Great song 09/03/2014 on eat your greens +8
#56 - Anyone got any games similar to Katawa Shoujo to play? Sex gam…  [+] (1 new reply) 09/03/2014 on Visual Novel Lines 0
User avatar #58 - captainclaws (09/03/2014) [-]
Check out Grisaia no kajitsu
#31 - But what can I do? If I tweet about this stuff it will fall on… 09/03/2014 on Rabbit hole? More like the... 0
#16 - He opens a window/door to reduce stuffyness. Submarine fills w… 09/03/2014 on God dammit, Colin 0
#175 - And she's just finished pissing/ ******** . Not wha…  [+] (2 new replies) 09/03/2014 on The new craze 0
User avatar #177 - Deathena (09/03/2014) [-]
Never said it was. I just believe that is what he is talking about. My personal opinion is the other two pictures are pretty nice pictures but not fully nude as she is covering her self somewhat still not what I would call a classy picture or however you would phrase it but still fairly hot . The gif is just kinda weird if not bordering on gross as the person who took it seems to have no lines they will not cross.
#254 - mogolliz (09/03/2014) [-]
here have this imgur.com/a/L2Wse its not cuoco but is more raw
#155 - Can you see her nipples in that?  [+] (4 new replies) 09/03/2014 on The new craze +1
User avatar #174 - Deathena (09/03/2014) [-]
I think he means how you can see the hair between her legs for about one frame in the gif. I don't think that would really count since you don't see anything other than a little bit of hair, and it's blurry as fuck
#175 - Jowi (09/03/2014) [-]
And she's just finished pissing/shitting. Not what I'd call a hot gif.
User avatar #177 - Deathena (09/03/2014) [-]
Never said it was. I just believe that is what he is talking about. My personal opinion is the other two pictures are pretty nice pictures but not fully nude as she is covering her self somewhat still not what I would call a classy picture or however you would phrase it but still fairly hot . The gif is just kinda weird if not bordering on gross as the person who took it seems to have no lines they will not cross.
#254 - mogolliz (09/03/2014) [-]
here have this imgur.com/a/L2Wse its not cuoco but is more raw
#28 - so has anyone got source on the vid yet? 09/03/2014 on anon finally finds jlaw's... 0
#56 - Ok, good for you. 09/02/2014 on Victim blaming 0
#52 - And calling me thick when you're doing all of the stuff that y… 09/02/2014 on Victim blaming 0
#51 - Ah see that's an actual coherent point. See there we …  [+] (3 new replies) 09/02/2014 on Victim blaming 0
#53 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
You are not being attacked because your opinion of people's attitudes towards rape victims is different from mine, you're being attacked because you're a fucking idiot who has to be babystepped through this conversation, all the while fighting your hardest to strawman and put words in people's mouths. Play the "I pity you" card all you want, you're not fooling anyone; the contempt you're getting from me is exactly what you deserve, and I have no shame in showing frustration over SJW retards like you.
#56 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Ok, good for you.
User avatar #55 - infernis (09/02/2014) [-]
Amen, brother.
#48 - And I'd like you to point out where I put words in someone els…  [+] (1 new reply) 09/02/2014 on Victim blaming 0
#50 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
"by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims"

i.e. what I just fucking quoted in the post you replied to?

At no point did I state that you were "wrong for defending rape victims", in fact I explicitly said you were not wrong. You just don't care and aren't listening because it would detract from your quest for self-righteous outrage.
#47 - "Um... you are not the bad guy. You're just wrong."-…  [+] (6 new replies) 09/02/2014 on Victim blaming 0
#49 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
YOU ARE NOT WRONG TO DEFEND THEM. YOU ARE WRONG TO ASSIGN THE "VICTIM BLAMING" MENTALITY TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE THAT MENTALITY. How can you be this fucking thick?
#52 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
And calling me thick when you're doing all of the stuff that you're accusing me of is just stupid
#51 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Ah see that's an actual coherent point.

See there we disagree. You don't think they have that mentality. But look at this thread. Look at the other comments. People on this site DO have this mentality, me stating my opinion of it really shouldn't cause you to act like this.
You live in a sad world where me saying something like that makes you feel the need to attack me personally.
#53 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
You are not being attacked because your opinion of people's attitudes towards rape victims is different from mine, you're being attacked because you're a fucking idiot who has to be babystepped through this conversation, all the while fighting your hardest to strawman and put words in people's mouths. Play the "I pity you" card all you want, you're not fooling anyone; the contempt you're getting from me is exactly what you deserve, and I have no shame in showing frustration over SJW retards like you.
#56 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Ok, good for you.
User avatar #55 - infernis (09/02/2014) [-]
Amen, brother.
#45 - Are you a troll? Are you even listening to yourself? …  [+] (10 new replies) 09/02/2014 on Victim blaming 0
#46 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
"Since then you've tried to win me round by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims"

LOL you are not reading a word I said. Goes pretty well with your MO of putting words in people's mouths because it's easier than actually listening to what they have to say. No one thinks you're "wrong for defending rape victims", get the fuck over yourself.
#48 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
And I'd like you to point out where I put words in someone else's mouth?
#50 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
"by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims"

i.e. what I just fucking quoted in the post you replied to?

At no point did I state that you were "wrong for defending rape victims", in fact I explicitly said you were not wrong. You just don't care and aren't listening because it would detract from your quest for self-righteous outrage.
#47 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
"Um... you are not the bad guy. You're just wrong."- You literally said that half an hour ago. You said it was wrong for me to defend them because in your world people that victim blame are a small part of the community.

I do read what you say, I just don't think you understand it.
#49 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
YOU ARE NOT WRONG TO DEFEND THEM. YOU ARE WRONG TO ASSIGN THE "VICTIM BLAMING" MENTALITY TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE THAT MENTALITY. How can you be this fucking thick?
#52 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
And calling me thick when you're doing all of the stuff that you're accusing me of is just stupid
#51 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Ah see that's an actual coherent point.

See there we disagree. You don't think they have that mentality. But look at this thread. Look at the other comments. People on this site DO have this mentality, me stating my opinion of it really shouldn't cause you to act like this.
You live in a sad world where me saying something like that makes you feel the need to attack me personally.
#53 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
You are not being attacked because your opinion of people's attitudes towards rape victims is different from mine, you're being attacked because you're a fucking idiot who has to be babystepped through this conversation, all the while fighting your hardest to strawman and put words in people's mouths. Play the "I pity you" card all you want, you're not fooling anyone; the contempt you're getting from me is exactly what you deserve, and I have no shame in showing frustration over SJW retards like you.
#56 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Ok, good for you.
User avatar #55 - infernis (09/02/2014) [-]
Amen, brother.
#43 - That is what literally everyone on this site does with feminis…  [+] (12 new replies) 09/02/2014 on Victim blaming 0
#44 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
So because they do it to feminists, it's okay for feminists and you to do it to men? Lol. So you actually KNOW that that kind of extrapolation is illogical and unfair and you do it anyway. Interesting.
#45 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Are you a troll? Are you even listening to yourself?

I'm not the one extrapolating that people are victim blaming. This post is literally mocking the ad campaign against it. It's not an unfair assumption to challenge it. Since then you've tried to win me round by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims and for saying that talking about it is the equivalent to blaming all men for it. Which isn't just stupid, it's also nothing near what I said.

I point out the hypocrisy of your argument and then you claim that it's you making the point?

Clearly neither of us is going to budge, so go annoy someone else. I didn't attack you personally. I didn't attack anyone.
My original comment merely questioned the motive behind this post and whether we really blame the victim for dressing in short skirts when she gets raped.
That was all. You're acting like I've said all this other stuff that you were the first person to bring up.

You talk about extrapolation, but you're the one doing it
#46 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
"Since then you've tried to win me round by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims"

LOL you are not reading a word I said. Goes pretty well with your MO of putting words in people's mouths because it's easier than actually listening to what they have to say. No one thinks you're "wrong for defending rape victims", get the fuck over yourself.
#48 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
And I'd like you to point out where I put words in someone else's mouth?
#50 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
"by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims"

i.e. what I just fucking quoted in the post you replied to?

At no point did I state that you were "wrong for defending rape victims", in fact I explicitly said you were not wrong. You just don't care and aren't listening because it would detract from your quest for self-righteous outrage.
#47 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
"Um... you are not the bad guy. You're just wrong."- You literally said that half an hour ago. You said it was wrong for me to defend them because in your world people that victim blame are a small part of the community.

I do read what you say, I just don't think you understand it.
#49 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
YOU ARE NOT WRONG TO DEFEND THEM. YOU ARE WRONG TO ASSIGN THE "VICTIM BLAMING" MENTALITY TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE THAT MENTALITY. How can you be this fucking thick?
#52 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
And calling me thick when you're doing all of the stuff that you're accusing me of is just stupid
#51 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Ah see that's an actual coherent point.

See there we disagree. You don't think they have that mentality. But look at this thread. Look at the other comments. People on this site DO have this mentality, me stating my opinion of it really shouldn't cause you to act like this.
You live in a sad world where me saying something like that makes you feel the need to attack me personally.
#53 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
You are not being attacked because your opinion of people's attitudes towards rape victims is different from mine, you're being attacked because you're a fucking idiot who has to be babystepped through this conversation, all the while fighting your hardest to strawman and put words in people's mouths. Play the "I pity you" card all you want, you're not fooling anyone; the contempt you're getting from me is exactly what you deserve, and I have no shame in showing frustration over SJW retards like you.
#56 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Ok, good for you.
User avatar #55 - infernis (09/02/2014) [-]
Amen, brother.
#39 - What, so you're saying somehow for sticking my neck out on thi…  [+] (14 new replies) 09/02/2014 on Victim blaming 0
#42 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
Um... you are not the bad guy. You're just wrong. That doesn't make you "bad". And certainly no one is saying "you're the bad guy for saying victim blaming is wrong." See what I mean about strawmanning?

Other points:

- "Anti-feminist" does not equate to "anti-women", "anti-rape victim" or "blaming the rape victim".

- Yes, you can talk about WBC even though there are so few of them. What you cannot do, if you want to be taken seriously, is assign the opinions of the extreme minority that makes up WBC to a larger population and then argue against them as if they hold those same opinions. Your stance on the prevalence of blaming the victim is analogous to saying "Come on all American Christians, praise your God for AIDS, I DARE you" or "Come on all American Christians, praise your God for IEDs, I DARE you"
#43 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
That is what literally everyone on this site does with feminism though.
They see these inflammatory news stories and other similar stuff that most likely isn't even true and then go "all feminists are bad hurr durr" so don't try and use that rhetoric to defend it
#44 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
So because they do it to feminists, it's okay for feminists and you to do it to men? Lol. So you actually KNOW that that kind of extrapolation is illogical and unfair and you do it anyway. Interesting.
#45 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Are you a troll? Are you even listening to yourself?

I'm not the one extrapolating that people are victim blaming. This post is literally mocking the ad campaign against it. It's not an unfair assumption to challenge it. Since then you've tried to win me round by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims and for saying that talking about it is the equivalent to blaming all men for it. Which isn't just stupid, it's also nothing near what I said.

I point out the hypocrisy of your argument and then you claim that it's you making the point?

Clearly neither of us is going to budge, so go annoy someone else. I didn't attack you personally. I didn't attack anyone.
My original comment merely questioned the motive behind this post and whether we really blame the victim for dressing in short skirts when she gets raped.
That was all. You're acting like I've said all this other stuff that you were the first person to bring up.

You talk about extrapolation, but you're the one doing it
#46 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
"Since then you've tried to win me round by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims"

LOL you are not reading a word I said. Goes pretty well with your MO of putting words in people's mouths because it's easier than actually listening to what they have to say. No one thinks you're "wrong for defending rape victims", get the fuck over yourself.
#48 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
And I'd like you to point out where I put words in someone else's mouth?
#50 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
"by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims"

i.e. what I just fucking quoted in the post you replied to?

At no point did I state that you were "wrong for defending rape victims", in fact I explicitly said you were not wrong. You just don't care and aren't listening because it would detract from your quest for self-righteous outrage.
#47 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
"Um... you are not the bad guy. You're just wrong."- You literally said that half an hour ago. You said it was wrong for me to defend them because in your world people that victim blame are a small part of the community.

I do read what you say, I just don't think you understand it.
#49 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
YOU ARE NOT WRONG TO DEFEND THEM. YOU ARE WRONG TO ASSIGN THE "VICTIM BLAMING" MENTALITY TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE THAT MENTALITY. How can you be this fucking thick?
#52 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
And calling me thick when you're doing all of the stuff that you're accusing me of is just stupid
#51 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Ah see that's an actual coherent point.

See there we disagree. You don't think they have that mentality. But look at this thread. Look at the other comments. People on this site DO have this mentality, me stating my opinion of it really shouldn't cause you to act like this.
You live in a sad world where me saying something like that makes you feel the need to attack me personally.
#53 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
You are not being attacked because your opinion of people's attitudes towards rape victims is different from mine, you're being attacked because you're a fucking idiot who has to be babystepped through this conversation, all the while fighting your hardest to strawman and put words in people's mouths. Play the "I pity you" card all you want, you're not fooling anyone; the contempt you're getting from me is exactly what you deserve, and I have no shame in showing frustration over SJW retards like you.
#56 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Ok, good for you.
User avatar #55 - infernis (09/02/2014) [-]
Amen, brother.
#35 - There's a difference between being injured because you're not … 09/02/2014 on Victim blaming 0
#34 - The person who posted this is mocking "This is what I wor…  [+] (16 new replies) 09/02/2014 on Victim blaming 0
#37 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
That's a pretty shaky interpretation. That's like saying anything who posts something humorous relating to Hitler is condoning what he did. Or that anyone who posts something mocking 9/11 victims is condoning that. I suppose you think I have a similar attitude about rape victims "asking for it" because I laughed at the content.

I'm pretty sure you, much like the women who go around saying "tell me I asked for it, I DARE you" are just strawmanning for the sake of self-righteous outrage, because you actually prefer the idea that people are persecuting rape victims en masse the reality that the vast majority of people know how terrible of a crime rape is and don't blame the victim. But you focus instead on the extreme minority that does blame the victim and extrapolate that nonsense mentality to a larger group, whether it's just people on this site or whether it goes beyond to the population in general, because it feels good to ride the high horse of outrage.
#39 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
What, so you're saying somehow for sticking my neck out on this website that regularly bashes women amongst other things, I'm the bad guy for saying the victim blaming is wrong?

And I don't think it is shaky when you consider the 5000 anti feminist posts we have to go through every day.
I think this site has a real issue with its opinion of women and for example on this post I made a small point. Just because they are a minority of people, doesn't mean I can't have my say about them.
That's like saying you can't talk about the WBC because there's only 65 of them.
#42 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
Um... you are not the bad guy. You're just wrong. That doesn't make you "bad". And certainly no one is saying "you're the bad guy for saying victim blaming is wrong." See what I mean about strawmanning?

Other points:

- "Anti-feminist" does not equate to "anti-women", "anti-rape victim" or "blaming the rape victim".

- Yes, you can talk about WBC even though there are so few of them. What you cannot do, if you want to be taken seriously, is assign the opinions of the extreme minority that makes up WBC to a larger population and then argue against them as if they hold those same opinions. Your stance on the prevalence of blaming the victim is analogous to saying "Come on all American Christians, praise your God for AIDS, I DARE you" or "Come on all American Christians, praise your God for IEDs, I DARE you"
#43 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
That is what literally everyone on this site does with feminism though.
They see these inflammatory news stories and other similar stuff that most likely isn't even true and then go "all feminists are bad hurr durr" so don't try and use that rhetoric to defend it
#44 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
So because they do it to feminists, it's okay for feminists and you to do it to men? Lol. So you actually KNOW that that kind of extrapolation is illogical and unfair and you do it anyway. Interesting.
#45 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Are you a troll? Are you even listening to yourself?

I'm not the one extrapolating that people are victim blaming. This post is literally mocking the ad campaign against it. It's not an unfair assumption to challenge it. Since then you've tried to win me round by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims and for saying that talking about it is the equivalent to blaming all men for it. Which isn't just stupid, it's also nothing near what I said.

I point out the hypocrisy of your argument and then you claim that it's you making the point?

Clearly neither of us is going to budge, so go annoy someone else. I didn't attack you personally. I didn't attack anyone.
My original comment merely questioned the motive behind this post and whether we really blame the victim for dressing in short skirts when she gets raped.
That was all. You're acting like I've said all this other stuff that you were the first person to bring up.

You talk about extrapolation, but you're the one doing it
#46 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
"Since then you've tried to win me round by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims"

LOL you are not reading a word I said. Goes pretty well with your MO of putting words in people's mouths because it's easier than actually listening to what they have to say. No one thinks you're "wrong for defending rape victims", get the fuck over yourself.
#48 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
And I'd like you to point out where I put words in someone else's mouth?
#50 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
"by saying that I'm wrong for defending rape victims"

i.e. what I just fucking quoted in the post you replied to?

At no point did I state that you were "wrong for defending rape victims", in fact I explicitly said you were not wrong. You just don't care and aren't listening because it would detract from your quest for self-righteous outrage.
#47 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
"Um... you are not the bad guy. You're just wrong."- You literally said that half an hour ago. You said it was wrong for me to defend them because in your world people that victim blame are a small part of the community.

I do read what you say, I just don't think you understand it.
#49 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
YOU ARE NOT WRONG TO DEFEND THEM. YOU ARE WRONG TO ASSIGN THE "VICTIM BLAMING" MENTALITY TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE THAT MENTALITY. How can you be this fucking thick?
#52 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
And calling me thick when you're doing all of the stuff that you're accusing me of is just stupid
#51 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Ah see that's an actual coherent point.

See there we disagree. You don't think they have that mentality. But look at this thread. Look at the other comments. People on this site DO have this mentality, me stating my opinion of it really shouldn't cause you to act like this.
You live in a sad world where me saying something like that makes you feel the need to attack me personally.
#53 - fuckyosixtyminutes (09/02/2014) [-]
You are not being attacked because your opinion of people's attitudes towards rape victims is different from mine, you're being attacked because you're a fucking idiot who has to be babystepped through this conversation, all the while fighting your hardest to strawman and put words in people's mouths. Play the "I pity you" card all you want, you're not fooling anyone; the contempt you're getting from me is exactly what you deserve, and I have no shame in showing frustration over SJW retards like you.
#56 - Jowi (09/02/2014) [-]
Ok, good for you.
User avatar #55 - infernis (09/02/2014) [-]
Amen, brother.
#13 - think that one's been around a while. And if it's the one that… 09/02/2014 on Just leaked!!! Emma Watson... 0
#9 - Can we just not on every ******* post?  [+] (3 new replies) 09/02/2014 on Hi fish, bye fish +3
User avatar #25 - radioactivecoffee (09/02/2014) [-]
ayy lmao
#14 - lech (09/02/2014) [-]
ayy lmao
User avatar #10 - chiopet (09/02/2014) [-]
Ayy dont be so salty lmao
#14 - Don't think you understood the content  [+] (1 new reply) 09/02/2014 on Victim blaming 0
#15 - gtfomylawnbish (09/02/2014) [-]
In fairness, I can't read.
Show:
Sort by:
Order:

items

Total unique items point value: 2317 / Total items point value: 2467

Show All Replies Show Shortcuts
Per page:
Order:
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #10 - yourbestestfriend (09/03/2014) [-]
Come on. Dont be like that.
#11 to #10 - Jowi (09/03/2014) [-]
Sorry, just don't agree with having friends just so their number goes up. That's cancerous **** dude
User avatar #4 - satrenkotheone (03/18/2014) [-]
Lol I'll say it here.

Is cuz I trans and I know FJ ain't too hyped about that now
#5 to #4 - Jowi (03/18/2014) [-]
That's cool. And I'm not so sure about that. FJ, despite everything, is quite accepting of the more taboo aspects of life. For example there is a delicately named account of faggitboy who is also transgender and is on the **** page who has quite a lot of thumbs from butt-plug related photos and she also posted a picture of herself on that content about posting attractive guys photos to increase the amount of women that come to the site, you may have seen it. Anyway she openly came out as transgender then and all the replies I saw were glowingly positive ranging from "boner what are you doing" to just openly saying "dude, you're ******* hot".
You don't have to do anything as brash as that I'm just saying you don't need to be afraid around here, we're all comrades when it comes down to it. For a lot of us we're the family and friends that we lack in the real world and some of the nicest things I've ever seen have happened on this site.

Anyway all the best with it
User avatar #6 to #5 - satrenkotheone (03/18/2014) [-]
Oh thanks. And I haven't seen this, but sounds cool.

Old account is old. Must've been here forever.
#7 to #6 - Jowi (03/18/2014) [-]
Not much older than yours, but yeah I've been here a while. Since '05 i believe but I didn't sign up till they created the **** section haha.

If you're interested in the content it's still 9th on the front page, title "Are you sexy as **** ?"
#8 to #7 - Jowi (03/18/2014) [-]
and then just change the comment views to most rated and her comments will be amongst the tops I'm sure
User avatar #9 to #8 - satrenkotheone (03/18/2014) [-]
Oh lol.

Well I created mine in 2011 back when the brony rush sorta started, jumped that fandom but I've fallen out it so to speak.

Hmm... I'll try finding it.
#2 to #1 - Jowi (02/16/2013) [-]
er... thanks...
 Friends (0)