Upload
Login or register

JesseBoo

Last status update:
-
Gender: male
Age: 26
Date Signed Up:10/04/2010
Last Login:12/14/2013
Location:Texas Sadly
FunnyJunk Career Stats
Content Thumbs: 4025 total,  5806 ,  1781
Comment Thumbs: 1674 total,  2431 ,  757
Content Level Progress: 16% (16/100)
Level 140 Content: Faptastic → Level 141 Content: Faptastic
Comment Level Progress: 73% (73/100)
Level 216 Comments: Comedic Genius → Level 217 Comments: Comedic Genius
Subscribers:14
Content Views:95492
Times Content Favorited:206 times
Total Comments Made:1036
FJ Points:6027
Favorite Tags: i love you (167) | funny (8) | OC (7) | I LOVE YOU PLEAS (5) | happy (4) | new (4) | Christmas (3) | merry (3) | facebook (2) | im new plz thumb (2) | Year (2) | years (2)
ALL OF MY STUFF IS MY ORIGINAL CONTENT!!!

latest user's comments

#542 - Then in that case I will unthumb you down, good sir. By the wa… 04/10/2011 on Religion's Diagram... +1
#541 - That was somewhat funny, but had nothing to do with my rebuddle. 04/10/2011 on Religion's Diagram... 0
#539 - Fun doesn't mean immorality. Also morals are what you believe,…  [+] (1 new reply) 04/10/2011 on Religion's Diagram... -1
User avatar
#547 - thefran (04/11/2011) [-]
> Fun doesn't mean immorality
Yeah, it does mean being retarded.

Fuck society, man, fuck education, fuck laws, let's just drink beer and insult people over the internet! fuck yeah! That's so cool.


If you are a teenager.

And you are a teenager.
#538 - My positive thumbs and your negative ones, beg to differ. 04/10/2011 on Religion's Diagram... 0
#537 - Look up the definition of arrogant, and get back to me. 04/10/2011 on Religion's Diagram... 0
#484 - I proved no such point, because I agree with you that aetheist…  [+] (2 new replies) 04/10/2011 on Religion's Diagram... 0
User avatar
#522 - thefran (04/10/2011) [-]
> it is ignorant to believe what you read in a book.
Yeah, that's true because I've recently read that in a book.
#541 - JesseBoo (04/10/2011) [-]
That was somewhat funny, but had nothing to do with my rebuddle.
#478 - We also hate when people repost the exact same comment from ea…  [+] (2 new replies) 04/10/2011 on Religion's Diagram... 0
User avatar
#523 - Thehomelessman (04/10/2011) [-]
This was posted earlier? I never saw that
#542 - JesseBoo (04/10/2011) [-]
Then in that case I will unthumb you down, good sir. By the way it had the exact picture as well... weird. FUNNYJUNK UNITE!
#474 - You just openly contradicted yourself, within 1 comment. I hav… 04/10/2011 on Religion's Diagram... -2
#470 - Hell yeah, bro. 04/10/2011 on Religion's Diagram... +2
#464 - Gays dont believe in things that defy logic. My science text b…  [+] (13 new replies) 04/10/2011 on Religion's Diagram... +1
User avatar
#517 - thefran (04/10/2011) [-]
> implying that you did not just defy logic right there
User avatar
#538 - JesseBoo (04/10/2011) [-]
My positive thumbs and your negative ones, beg to differ.
#477 - Digitalfarts has deleted their comment.
#503 - filwit (04/10/2011) [-]
sorry to butt in, but...

if i believed inhaling my cat's farts twice a day made me immortal... then i'm sure lots of people would agree with you when you said my beliefs where stupid.

Not believing in something that has never been demonstrated to be there is simply more logical than believing in it anyway. Especially when there are so many concrete scientific explanations today.
But i admit i say that as a person who's pursued naturalistic answers to superstitious questions and if you aren't someone who's wired to question reality it's easy to take the lazy path to emotional stability. What i mean by that is this: i believe you're wrong, but i wouldn't let that fact alone come between my respect of you a as a conscious human being.
User avatar
#518 - thefran (04/10/2011) [-]
> Not believing in something that has never been demonstrated to be there is simply more logical than believing in it anyway.

No. Just no.

Actual scientific logic is: if you don't know something, you can't claim anything, you can only believe and make hypotheses. Abscence of evidence doesn't imply evidence of abscence.

Besides, there's plenty of arguments for and against God's existence for both views to be justified and logical.
#543 - filwit (04/10/2011) [-]
i agree with you, but i never stated claiming god doesn't exist is more logical. You're confusing my term "belief" with "claim". i don't believe in God, doesn't mean i claim to know he doesn't exist.

Also, i've never heard a compelling argument for the existence of god, and i don't believe there are any. Not that i'm unwilling to change my belief in light of evidence. but i'm sure we can agree to disagree on this cause i really don't have the patients to debate it ATM.
User avatar
#544 - thefran (04/11/2011) [-]
> i've never heard a compelling argument for the existence of god

Duh. That's because you didn't study philosophy long enough and hard enough. People've been arguing about it for thousands of years, there's plenty of arguments on both sides. It all comes down to picking a side.
#553 - filwit (04/14/2011) [-]
How do you know what i have or haven't studied? How do you know i haven't read through all those philosophical debates and still never heard a satisfactory argument for a deity? You don't.
The irony here is that by assuming you know i haven't studied enough philosophy, you're doing exactly what you just advocated against. "Absence of evidence doesn't imply evidence of absence." So unless you have some grand convincing theory you'd like to share, I could care less about your opinions. "Thousands of years of people debating" isn't a convincing reason for me to believe a compelling argument for god exists. It's just an appeal to authorities.

also, your "comes down to picking a side" is simply advocating appealing to authority as well.
User avatar
#554 - thefran (04/14/2011) [-]
> How do you know what i have or haven't studied?
Because you claim stupid things such as

> i've never heard a compelling argument for the existence of god, and i don't believe there are any
#555 - filwit (04/14/2011) [-]
blow me, bitch. if the only argument you can come up with is "you don't believe what i do, therefor you're wrong" then you should probably rethink the root drives to some of your beliefs.

talk is cheap. either put forth an argument for the existence of god you feel is convincing, or this is my last response.
#484 - JesseBoo (04/10/2011) [-]
I proved no such point, because I agree with you that aetheists tend to be self centered assholes like myself, but its not ignorant to believe in what everything around you points at, but it is ignorant to believe what you read in a book.
User avatar
#522 - thefran (04/10/2011) [-]
> it is ignorant to believe what you read in a book.
Yeah, that's true because I've recently read that in a book.
#541 - JesseBoo (04/10/2011) [-]
That was somewhat funny, but had nothing to do with my rebuddle.