Level 223 Comments: Mind Blower
OfflineSend mail to ImaFirinMahLazar Block ImaFirinMahLazar Invite ImaFirinMahLazar to be your friend
|Last status update:|| |
|Date Signed Up:||10/19/2009|
|FunnyJunk Career Stats|
|Content Thumbs:||29 total, 57 , 28|
|Comment Thumbs:||2378 total, 3057 , 679|
|Content Level Progress:|| 57.62% (34/59) |
Level 0 Content: Untouched account → Level 1 Content: New Here
|Comment Level Progress:|| 78% (78/100) |
Level 223 Comments: Mind Blower → Level 224 Comments: Mind Blower
|Times Content Favorited:||3 times|
|Total Comments Made:||931|
|Favorite Tags:||Boobs (2) | da (2) | funny (2) | Shoop (2) | whoop (2)|
Ima Firin Mah Lazarrr!
latest user's comments
|#858 - Nancy Botwin, Jon Stewart, BATMAN IM OKAY WITH THIS||09/08/2012 on Zombie Apocalypse Game: Who...||0|
|#28 - Is it bad that I just used the vehicle's seeking missiles to k…||09/08/2012 on Drifters...||+1|
|#51 - Pregnancy stopped being beautiful right when I was born.||09/08/2012 on facebook(1)||+7|
|#289 - Step 1: Act like you're gay . Step 2: Feel tits and pussy… [+] (1 new reply)||09/08/2012 on Women Logic||+17|
|#114 - >IMPLYING||09/06/2012 on All of My Rage||0|
|#749 - I like how he has the ********* brand of Creatine mono-hydrate…||09/03/2012 on BROTEIN!||+1|
|#5221 - Anymore questions I will answer later, work time. [+] (1 new reply)||09/03/2012 on Fitness - muscle and...||0|
|#5220 - 1. For injuries I would ice then heat, ice shrinks the muscle … [+] (2 new replies)||09/03/2012 on Fitness - muscle and...||0|
|#5194 - Ask a fitness/nutrition adept undergrad anything. [+] (5 new replies)||09/03/2012 on Fitness - muscle and...||0|
#5199 - hybridboxll (09/03/2012) [-]
1. When treating injuries; when and where is it appropriate to apply heat and when to apply cold for the following:
2. What do you know about Glutamine supplementation? Some say it's the greatest thing since blowjobs and others say that our body already gets enough from a balanced 2,000~2,500 calorie diet.
3. What about Ibuprofen while lifting weights? Does it really inhibit protein synthesis? Again; there are mixed results from studies out there.
One shows that it does, but on the other hand, another one had people exercising their arms individually (one week left, the next one right) for a couple of months while taking Ibuprofen for one and Placebo for the other one. They took measurements with ultrasound for muscle size and also measured their 1 rep maximum and they were both roughly the same.
Was it because of the dosage? The first study didn't say how much ibuprofen was taken; the second one said they were given 400mg a day. You'd imagine if it happened with unknown dosages (I don't think they went higher than 1,200 or 1,600mg a day) the same would happen with a smaller dose.
4. What is your opinion on cardio before vs cardio after weight lifting?
#5201 - hybridboxll (09/03/2012) [-]
The "where" part of my first question became useless when I added the list of places, ignore it.
And, regarding the same question; for how long?
As far as applying cold goes I know there's a little bit of controversy. The classic approach is 15-30 minutes but some recent studies have shown that after 10 minutes the things (I can't remember what they actually were) that are in charge of draining muscles from the extra-liquid (that's causing the inflammation to begin with) start "shutting down" so all the extra minutes after that point are rendered useless.
Sorry for the far-from-technical terms hahaha.
Thank you for your time!
#5220 - ImaFirinMahLazar (09/03/2012) [-]
1. For injuries I would ice then heat, ice shrinks the muscle so it can start repairing at a much faster rate, you want to put it directly where the center of pain is, if you tear a bicep try to cover the whole bicep. And 20 minutes should be enough with an orthopedic ice pack.
2. As far as Glutamine goes, it is the most abundant amino acid in the body, I know it provides cells with an energy source, I don't know much of its effect towards building muscle but it does help treat many diseases, I wouldn't think it would hurt, but they say excess vitamins/minerals can damage vitals at large quantities, so take that how you want. I would say its kinda like BCAAs (branched chain amino acids), everyone thought they were revolutionary, same as green tea and fat loss.
3. From personal experiences if I had an injury or soreness and still needed to lift for the day I would take ibuprofen an hour or two before I did, I saw no inhibition in strength gains or size, typical hypertrophy that I have gotten many times. I would avoid taking high amount within about an hour of finishing your last set. It is an anti-inflammatory so it may fight the actual hypertrophy and swelling of muscles before they cool down. (Just my theory based on what I've learned in anatomy/phys)
4. I would only do cardio only around 30 minutes with moderate-high intensity, I because extensive cardio burns so many calories, it can deprive your body the calories it needs to rebuild muscle. I usually stick to jump roping with double unders, going as hard as I can for about 1 minute and then going slow for another minute. Higher intensity workouts tends to burn more fat calories as well. I would do HIIT in the morning before breakfast, best way to burn fat, but eat heartily afterworks. If you want strength and muscle gains stick to just weights and maybe HIIT once a week.
|#1771 - Nookie by Limp Bizkit...||08/31/2012 on pigfuck||0|