Ok so basically, I just want to help out the newbies or any other people who don't know some tips and tricks to getting items yet, so here they are:
1. Instead of hitting refresh, go to a post where there is at least one page of comments and keep hitting the sort comments button by, Newest and Oldest, you'll keep getting new items that way and it's much quicker then refreshing also because you'll be in the same spot that you were before.
2. You can pick up an item more than once, yep that's right, i said it, you can pick an item up more than once and you don't even have to be the quick either when doing it, Just pick up the item first, then click on the thumbnail again after you've picked it up, my record is 7 for one item, it was a raw sapphire
3. Go to a page where there aren't a lot of comments and also where the post is really small, basically if you are refreshing, then hit refresh, then space when the page is loading, and if it is a small post then it'll bring you right to the items
4. If you are using the 1st tip, while the comments are loading, in those 1-2 seconds, quickly scroll your mouse over where the items would be, this trick is very simple yet very helpful, it has helped me pick up over 500,000 points in 6 items
5. The items discussion board is AMAZING!!! Just scroll through it maybe go like 10 pages max, there are a lot of great deals out there, people that are practically giving away high value items for small ones which they just can't seem to find. MY best "steal" was 12 demonic and 12 angelic ores for 30 RITS (rare item tickets). And for those of you who don't know each one of those is 12,000 each so 12,000 X 24 = 288,000 points, and the RITS are worth 1 point each, that's a total profit of 960,000%!!!!!!
5. Last but not least, on the items discussion page. Don't be afraid to ask people to gift you items or for trades, because some people out there are really nice and will help you out and gift you things for free. I can't for the life of me remember the users names, but I've been gifted items that I need about 3 times, and those users wherever you are, were very helpful in getting me to jumpstart my items collection, at the time of me posting this, I have 322 different items, and that doesn't count the items which I have combined together, and 15,270,158 points total.
If this has helped you in any way, please feel free to comment how it helped you!
Thanks for reading if you did!