A guide that will help you to recognize copyrighted content and ****
What is "copyrighted content"?
- copyrighted content is something that an artist like an author, musician, or a visual artist uploads to the internet. What it basically means is that only the owner of the copyright, (usually the creator) has the right to share and upload the given content. If you really want to upload it into for example, Funnyjunk
, you will have to ask the author for a permission to use the content.
What reveals copyrighted material?
- Usually artists put a "© 2012 artist y" mark into the watermark of their content, or just write "copyright by artist x 2012", in these cases you must ask for the authors permission for uploading it into FJ or any other site.
- If you are unsure about the contents rights, you can always ask the author, again. One of these scenarios for example is a link to the authors page or simly his/her name.
- If you go into youtube to find a song, the first result is usually uploaded by the record company, or the artist. To check for copyrights, see the description, this is what you should get "© 2011 record company x", this means that it can't be uploaded to funnyjunk, unless you get a permission. Guess what the record companies would say to you if you wanted to upload it to funnyjunk...
- It's not any better if you select a video that has been "reposted to youtube", that would be a double COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
" **** ", aka not safe for work.
- When speaking of ****
, we are speaking of porn.
- The FJ home is not a porn site, if you want to upload ****
, there is a button leading to the ****
section in the upper left corner.
- Admin, the founder and the host of this site earns mone with showing ads on his site. As you might know, there are no ads on the ****
- You see, the companies that advertise here have made a deal that includes certain rules, as one might guess, one of them probably is that the site where they advertise in, doesn't support or include pornographic material.
- However, if there will be any porn in the areas that the companies advertise in, the companies can brake their deals referring to the "no porn" deal, which will lead to Admins loss of income. Fin-