It's called a Fallstreak Hole. .. what I thought when I first saw it
Click to expand
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#1 - whiskeygunner (07/31/2013) [+] (5 replies)
Nature is crazy, what causes that?
I'm probably going to get a ton of red thumbs for asking a question, but hopefully people will be distracted by this waterfall.
#2 to #1 - macjo (07/31/2013) [-]
A fallstreak hole, also known as a hole punch cloud, punch hole cloud, skypunch, canal cloud or cloud hole, is a large circular or elliptical gap, that can appear in cirrocumulus or altocumulus clouds. Such holes are formed when the water temperature in the clouds is below freezing but the water has not frozen yet due to the lack of ice nucleation particles (see supercooled water). When ice crystals do form it will set off a domino effect, due to the Bergeron process, causing the water droplets around the crystals to evaporate: this leaves a large, often circular, hole in the cloud.[1]
#5 - felixfj (07/31/2013) [+] (1 reply)
Comment Picture
User avatar #8 to #5 - savestate (07/31/2013) [-]
Reminds me of the LoZ rotating Icebergs from OoT and MM
#16 - xslayerxzxx (08/01/2013) [-]
what I thought when I first saw it
User avatar #14 - shishiko **User deleted account** (07/31/2013) [-]
On the Topic of weather phenomenons...
User avatar #13 - techjoker (07/31/2013) [-]
Looks like someone's using alchemy.
#12 - clinomania (07/31/2013) [-]
You idiot it's the bi-frost
#11 - Bobdolenade (07/31/2013) [-]
**Bobdolenade rolls 649,944,958**
I have always heard it called a Sky Punch
User avatar #9 - ehzio (07/31/2013) [-]
No OP it's called an Alien Invasion
#7 - Cyraxx ONLINE (07/31/2013) [-]
God's skyfishing hole.
 Friends (0)