Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

hide menu
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#10 - bazda (07/15/2013) [-]
Racism, just like any other insult, is only as offensive as you allow it to be. Whites and Asians don't give a **** , that's why racism against the two goes unnoticed. We don't make a big deal about it. I've been called a cracker to my face once, in an attempt to humiliate me, and I laughed so hard the guy got embarrassed and left.
-1
#221 to #10 - adissaddd **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #257 to #221 - lolollo ONLINE (07/16/2013) [-]
You can only be made to feel as worthless as you already feel yourself to be.
-1
#258 to #257 - adissaddd **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #259 to #258 - lolollo ONLINE (07/17/2013) [-]
Then how did it go from slavery to where we are now? We went from full on slavery, to legal racism, to simply assholes being racist through people being able to push through that which you're saying should cripple people. Besides, the ****** up thing is now we're going from simple assholes being racist to THE OTHER SIDE being assholes who are racist. Seriously, just google the word "Zimmerman" and tell me what sort of **** you see......
0
#260 to #259 - adissaddd **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #261 to #260 - lolollo ONLINE (07/17/2013) [-]
I'm not talking about the snide remarks people make, or the "more" that I know exists. I'm talking about the fact that it's so much better compared to how it was yet people were STILL able to overcome it. Even if there's nothing you can do directly, there's always something you can do that's more indirect.
0
#262 to #261 - adissaddd **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #263 to #262 - lolollo ONLINE (07/18/2013) [-]
Well what I'm trying to say is that when you have a problem, you have a choice; you can either find a way to eliminate it as a problem, or you can lay down and let the problem roll right over you. When you say things like "But it's not easy!" all I hear is "I'd rather let the problem roll right over me." Well that's fine, but if that's your choice you really don't have room to bitch and moan.

It may suck, and it may be hard, but it most certainly isn't impossible. And if you're adamant on keeping the stamce that it's too hard for you to even try and do something about it......well then it must not be that big of a problem.

Because if it was that big of a problem, you would do something about it.

Because that's what normal people who aren't bitches do.

Something.
0
#264 to #263 - adissaddd **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#192 to #10 - xxxsonic fanxxx (07/15/2013) [-]
Yeah okay. Calling ******** . As much as you all bitch. An example of this being ******** is the Chappelle show on Comedy Central. You can say you liked it and had no problem with it, but that wasn't the case for a majority of whites. The complaints of whites flooded the media and eventually tried to limit Chappelle to material less "offensive". It was the death of the show that was actually funny. Mean while we get **** ass unfunny shows like Key and Peele that use black stereotypes alone and get supported by whites without a single complaint. ******* cunts.
#186 to #10 - wtfduud (07/15/2013) [-]
Wait a second, cracker is meant to be offensive? All this time...
#165 to #10 - penguinsdoingit (07/15/2013) [-]
Everytime I get called cracker I get reminded of all the undeserved and unprivileged advantages my race has gotten throughout history.

It hurts, like.
#110 to #10 - xxxsonic fanxxx (07/15/2013) [-]
Maybe because our race wasn't oppressed and humiliated for over two hundred years. I get offended when someone calls something "gay" to insinuate that it is bad.
#224 to #110 - bronywhat (07/15/2013) [-]
Well that's what ya get for being a couple hundred years behind the technology curve. Life is cruel.
User avatar #181 to #110 - romdude (07/15/2013) [-]
What a gay comment.
#107 to #10 - xxxsonic fanxxx (07/15/2013) [-]
Euro-fag here.

I didn't even know "cracker" was a racial slur.
When I visited New York a few years back, a lot of black people would yell it at me and my friends, and I had literal no idea what the **** it was about.

Now when people call me cracker, I'll just casually add "and cheese", and then laugh, no need to get offended at such a dumb slur.
User avatar #68 to #10 - jcllcj (07/15/2013) [-]
I kinda agree except you should say White Americans and not just white people in general.
#64 to #10 - xxxsonic fanxxx (07/15/2013) [-]
The main thing is though, that racism against white people wasn't as prevalent throughout history, so the racist terms used don't have as much weight to them.
What does cracka even mean ? "Hurr durr you're the colour of food" , it doesn't have meaning to it. Meanwhile, ****** has so much more, the second you call a black person a ****** , it's going to bring back centuries of meaning. You're saying that they're below you, unworthy of being seen as equal, human even. Cracka doesn't even contend. At the same time, there's "chink", it's not as bad as ****** (to an extent), but the term still has weight behind it, pulled from years of foreign immigrants being degraded, and then outright villainised in WWII and the vietnam war. Whenever you full out " ****** " or "chink" youre also dragging along years of racial tension and abuse. The only thing the word "cracka" is, is an attempt to level the insult playing field. An attempt that fails for the above reason.
TL;DR: Racism sucks bro
User avatar #92 to #64 - Fgner (07/15/2013) [-]
tl;dr
You're overplaying everything you want, and underplaying everything you don't.

****** is a word that was made not in spite or hatred, but literally derived of the spanish word for "black" - it was simply a name for blacks at the time. Just because we had slaves didn't make us spiteful or full of hate towards blacks.

Meanwhile words like Chink or Cracker are designed to be cruel and demeaning. Blacks calling whites "Crackers" is literally an attack with guilt referring to the crack of the slaveowner's whip hundreds of years ago.

The problem isn't racism of any form except that of black on white. Almost no black person in this generation (not the old grandparents of course) have suffered racism or anything near the sort because as of late we've made it illegal to so much as hurt a black person's feelings. And for 200 years the majority of whites fought tooth and nail, Hell we even started wars and killed our fellow countrymen to give blacks the rights they deserve. White people have redeemed the actions of our ancestors, and while some still are stuck in more racist mindsets, they'll die off quickly.

Meanwhile, the relationships of blacks and whites is by far the most tense, because blacks hold whites to their ancestor's actions. They make us feel guilty and cruel for something we not only didn't do - but have been trying to make up for for so long. And it's only exemplified through the creation of words like "Cracker" to try and attack us; doing things like threatening riots if we don't find an innocent man guilty of a hate crime he didn't commit.

The entire world has been trying to kill racism. And the only people that are still keeping us back are the blacks that just won't let ******* go.

**** that's a long tl;dr.
#216 to #92 - xxxsonic fanxxx (07/15/2013) [-]
"just because we had slaves didn't make us spiteful or full of hate towards blacks." if you own slaves, you're being spiteful and full of hate to the slaves. if the slaves are black, then you're being spiteful and full of hate to blacks.
"the entire world has been trying to kill racism. and the only people that are still keeping us back are the blacks that just won't let ******* go."
how about voter ID laws that single out poor minorities who don't have licenses? how about racial profiling in arizona? how about the fact that in ******* southern pennsylvania, just an hour outside philly, i still see ******* stars and bars license plates and **** in peoples' front yards? there are many people who are racist. you are too for assuming that blacks and only blacks are causing racism.
User avatar #225 to #216 - Fgner (07/15/2013) [-]
> Not necessarily. We never hated the ox that pulled our plow, we never hated the dogs we forced to hunt, we never hated the pig we fattened for slaughter or the sheep used for wool. Blacks were seen as inferior - but that in no way means slave owners spited their slaves. In fact many owners were very fond of their slaves and treated them very well. Some actually hated the blacks, yes, but not all. In fact, not most.

> A drivers license is required for so many things in life, if you don't have a license, you obviously aren't the kind of person who even knows who is running for elections. Furthermore, why poor minorities? That law is just as unfair to every single impoverished human being, regardless of race. You merely assigned it a racist tone by being racist yourself and saying just because it influences the poor - it influences almost exclusively minorities. Also, voting is a huge thing, they need proof and assurance the system isn't being cheated. They could require tests, they could require bringing in a ton of documents proving your identity. But all they ask is a license, and that's as meager as they can possibly go without just saying "let's just do it like American Idol! Call in your 500 votes per phone number!".

> Racial profiling isn't racist. If statistically speaking more blacks commit a crime, it is valid profiling to assign a higher likelihood of being a criminal to a black patron. That's like saying you can't profile someone whose tall of being more likely to... **** , bad example.

> Oh, that's right, I forgot, <1% of the world are intolerant assholes - so everyone is!

> I'm not being racist, I'm being factual. There's a distinct difference. And if you want - I apologize sincerely to those people of all race offended by my post. And for those who don't partake of this kind of behavior, I in no way mean for this to target you. But anyone who is actually a racist (and acts/speaks on it) - You're kind of a dick."
User avatar #182 to #92 - curtkobain (07/15/2013) [-]
Lincoln, The Greatest Vampire Slayer of All Time, found out that slaves were being used by vampires, primarily in the south. Jeesh I thought this was common knowledge.
User avatar #86 to #64 - Fgner (07/15/2013) [-]
1) Cracker is not the color of food. It's a derogatory term calling us slavers; named after the crack of the whip. Something we haven't done and most of us have been avidly fighting against for around 200 years.

2) ****** is just as offensive as cracker. Telling me that I'm as cruel and demeaning as an abusive slaver just because I'm white is bringing up centuries of meaning and a hatred between fellow man for absolutely no reason. So yes, cracker does contend. In fact, it's worse. Because they never have to experience slavery. They never actually suffer racism. They get the benefits (being a part of modern society, all the rights we've fought for) without any suffering. But whites will never get over the shame and embarrassment, which is why we just bend ourselves over and let blacks **** us dry all the ******* time. You don't see any other racial relationship with this kind of absolute bullying.

3) ******* call each other ****** . Therefore, your argument is invalid. Obviously it isn't so demeaning since they happily walk around using it like an everyday word amungst themselves. And ****** actually isn't and never was offensive. It was derived from "negro" which is Spanish for black - the color of their skin. It stuck around, and we kept calling them that even in other languages. I hope you realize that, quite literally, " ****** " means "black person". And the only way it's "offensive" or brings back "painful memories" (that this generation has no knowledge of), it's because they make it themselves.

4) No - Chink is far worse than ****** . Because Chink was derived out of spite. It actually is offensive.

* Note that I refer to these people as ******* . I don't consider black people ******* , it's not skin-color specific. White people can be just as much of a ****** as a black person to me. I use it to essentially describe the scumbags of any race.
#203 to #86 - xxxsonic fanxxx (07/15/2013) [-]
^this 1000 times this
Blacks seem to think that every white was a slave owner which pisses me right off because I'm of Irish decent and their were almost no Irish immagrints that owned slaves in fact most of us were indentured servants when the US was gentrified so treating an Irishman like a slave owner is almost on par with saying that chinese people didn't die working on the rails....
User avatar #87 to #86 - Fgner (07/15/2013) [-]
Because I know in modern society it is deemed offensive, and therefore respectable human beings don't deserve to be addressed as such. So my black friends aren't ******* , but that white kid selling drugs at a high school (usually) is.
User avatar #43 to #10 - pappathethird (07/15/2013) [-]
Because Whites and asians haven't been discriminated the Way backs have throughout history. Slaves etc
User avatar #53 to #43 - dogwars (07/15/2013) [-]
Eastern Europe, 900's. Yeah, we still haven't forgotten.
WHITE POWER!
User avatar #46 to #43 - ihatecarltonbanks (07/15/2013) [-]
Pretty much every race has been a slave at some point in history. blacks were just the last to get a turn
User avatar #41 to #10 - napalmpie (07/15/2013) [-]
Where I live racism against whites is very unusual but when it happens the target of the mockery will nearly always get mad.
User avatar #93 to #41 - Fgner (07/15/2013) [-]
If you mean anti-white jokes: Jesus I got to here these. I've never heard any before.

If you mean actual acts of racism: That's because of things like George Zimmerman. An innocent man whose case was blown so far out of proportion because of assholes calling it a hate crime.
User avatar #98 to #93 - napalmpie (07/15/2013) [-]
As I said jokes against whites are very unusual. I only vaguely remember a bunch of stuff, like a black dude in a bar who said something like that it is now normal for white people to pay the welfare for unenployed blacks, after all these centuries of slavery. In context, it was meant as a joke but some asshead got angry.

I don't really know the Zimmerman case and don't really want to know more right now.

#101 to #98 - Fgner (07/15/2013) [-]
Well, to be fair, bars tend to have drunk people. Sober people are already bad enough once you start talking about politics - so drunk people are especially bad, you know?

Fair enough!

And for those let down by the lack of white jokes: You need to login to view this link
User avatar #61 to #41 - hudis (07/15/2013) [-]
That sounds silly.
User avatar #42 to #41 - napalmpie (07/15/2013) [-]
Well huh, I didn't mean "racism", more like "racist jokes"
#34 to #10 - bronywhat (07/15/2013) [-]
Where do you live? In my town a situation like that would end in a fist fight 10/10 times.
User avatar #94 to #34 - Fgner (07/15/2013) [-]
Sounds like you live in a very violent place... Where I live you can tell a good ****** joke straight up to a black guys face and he'll share a good laugh with you.
#223 to #94 - bronywhat (07/15/2013) [-]
Germany. I blame the beer.
#21 to #10 - xxxsonic fanxxx (07/15/2013) [-]
Someone said from across the street ''look at those crackas'' and me and my friends look over to see who said it, and it was this short black kid with a huge afro that had a comb in it.

We just laughed and moved on.
 Friends (0)