Soy Sauce Overdose Sends Teen Into g
By Gillian Jun 8, 2013 2:
About Medical Unit
Health reporting and analysis from the ABC News
The teen became seriously ill after drinking a quart of soy sauce. (Getty)
A survived a dangerous sodium overdose after drinking more than a quart of soy sauce on
a dare, according to a case study in the Journal of Emergency Medicine.
After drinking a quart of the condiment, the teenager slipped into coma with
activity. He was rushed to the hospital, where doctors determined he was suffering from " POSTS
a metabolic condition in which there is a salt imbalance in the bodily fluids.