Creative Responses to "How' s School'?"
Mk It' s hard to say in words what school is like. Imagine an ant climbing up the tail of a kite
soaring in a breeze, and that ant is suffering from allergies and the kite is laughing in the voice of
Morgan Freedman_ andl it' s at night. School is like that.
97. It' s pretty much Grease, But with more singing and hand dancing.
Mk But I can' t tell you why because you' ll get angry and call the police.
Mk I was told that it you have nothing nice to say, don' t say anything at all. [hum angrily
and without blinking]
MI. Room temperature.
55. Frag rant at times.
as It' s totally cow! "Cow" is what us cool kids use as a slang tor "Go away, old person. I can' t
believe I took my earbuds out tor this."
trr. Today we learned in Health that you can get pregnant even it you have sex in a hot
tub. so Alotted that down because here I was spending my entire life thinking hot tubs were a
foolproof means of birth control. [blank stare]
as shh! Can' t talk now. They' re listening...[ point to nearby cat or spoon]
M . its about 7 hours.
so It' s exactly like you heard about on daytime talk shows. Exactly. Be afraid.
79. Great! But our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is up to something. Not sure
what yet, but we' ll Figure it out by the end of the year.
73. school is okay. Yesterday we learned that Germany is completely underground and
mountains are a type of turtle.
M. It' s both funny and sad, like watching a dog get his head stuck in a cereal box.
as Extremely, dangerously average.
Mk Just listen to the music of Owl City. It can explain it better than I.
as It' s like a Birthday party that everyone attends ironically.
as closed. It' s summer you Ioan.
M. There' s always gonna be another mountain. I' m always gonna wanna make it move.
Always gonna be an uphill battle. Sometimes I' m gonna have to lose. Ain' t about how fast I gel
there. Ain' t about what' s waiting on the other side- It' s the climb.
Mt. It I answer in the positive, can I have a dog?
as Things are great. I' m not rolling my eyes. My eyes are] ust right now because my
brain and head are growing so fast thanks to education-
55. Wow. That' s an interesting question. No one has ever asked me that before- Let me think
on this tor a clay and I' ll get back to you.
Grange at times. Other times? Less orange.
57. My gang leader says not to tell you anything, so it' s better for both of us it we end
this conversation now.
55. It' s like a cloud made of hunger and milk, wrapped in a haircut.
55. It' s pretty awesome now that I finally have the nickname, "sexy."
54. You' re asking me that as it you don' t follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and
53. Does this answer your question? [bust out dance moves]
52. Here. [hand them this list]
Here. [hand them a we copy of saved By the Bell]
all It' s like last year, But everyone is slightly taller and .
35. This is about my tongue tattoo, isn' t it? ISN' T !??!
as It' s not bad once you realize creativity is rewarded with mockery and all people are
inherently evil. And we' re getting a salad bar in the cafeteria-
so Well, there are hallways, you see? And those hallways are lined with metal closets
called lockers. There are doors, too, and these doors lead either to a classroom or a gym, or
sometimes a library. Humans exist in this realm of doors and hallways, and they communicate with
words. There is also electricity and floors.
M. Less fancy than a funeral, butturt as awkward and with more crying.
25. wanna see the penguin I drew in class when I should have been learning? He' s
waving his flipper. Haha...[ wave back at penguin] Hit
23. Hold on. Who told you I was in school? That was classmates. [talk into your watch or shirt
collar] The plan is ruined! Abort Operation; Talon. ABORT! We have been compromised!
14. You' re asking all the wrong questions, Nancy Drew.
s. We' re not allowed to answer because of the school Board politics. They told us nojust
nod and smile. [nod, smile]