logic. . And to the man he said, "Since you listened to your wife and ate from the tree whose fruit T commanded you not to eat, the ground ls cursed because of  logic And to the man he said "Since you listened your wife and ate from tree whose fruit T commanded not eat ground ls cursed because of
Upload
Login or register
Hide Comments
Leave a comment Refresh Comments (143)
[ 143 comments ]
> hey anon, wanna give your opinion?
asd
#1 - dominikq
Reply +103 123456789123345869
(01/27/2013) [-]
Classy
#120 to #1 - moggycore
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
It's Castiel...
#87 to #1 - dalgaard
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
User avatar #6 - jeffboomhauer **User deleted account**
Reply +73 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
I tell you what man dang ol' religion on funnyjunk causes nothing but trouble you got one guy for it and another guy dang ol' against nothing but yap-yap-yap-yap man nothing but disrespect and hurt feelings man.
#131 to #6 - supermegasherman
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
you spelled hwhat wrong
User avatar #21 to #6 - thinkwithportals
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
That was seriously beautiful
#78 to #6 - iamtheblackgoat
Reply +5 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
This image has expired
Can I upload thumbs directly to your profile?
User avatar #68 to #6 - burningsmurfs
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Dammit you made me read it in his voice even before I noticed your picture and name. You wonderful bastard.
#20 - mytrakytra
Reply +46 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
This image has expired
God still gave us the choice of living on the earth that he created instead of eternal suffering. That's why we have famine, disease, violence, etc. It's not because God does not care but because we have disobeyed him and now we must suffer for it. People give thanks for allowing us to still inhabit the earth. That's why people pray and thank God when good things happen, as if someone was healed by a doctor. Of course the doctor did it but they thank the Lord for bringing such a wonderful person to the aid of others.

TL;DR: God doesn't hate anyone. Don't be a dick.
User avatar #153 to #20 - Fgner
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
So let's see the logic you apply:
> God creates humans with free will
> God gives them temptation without a knowledge of sin (why the **** put the tree there if they weren't allowed it? No **** - it was a set up.)
> They eat from the tree after a superpowerful anti-God tricks them into it.
> God punishes all humans forever because we are all unworthy heathen bastards who disobeyed his mighty command.

No. I didn't disobey God. Adam and Eve can't even be blamed for what they did. Look at what God did to Job. I'm not one to attack religion, I usually defend it (because there's nothing wrong with faith), but I'll be the first to admit God is no saint - after all he has free will (and no punishments for his actions) too. While he may be grown up enough to not murder us all for ***** and giggles, he still can do whatever he wants regardless of the "good" or "bad" aspect of it.

But eternal suffering doesn't exist. Hell is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible or Torah at all in any way. It's all mistranslation or ******** inserted by the Catholic church a long time ago to scare people into joining or simply to twist the words to help them. God forgives everyone ultimately and they go to heaven. The suffering God speaks of in the Bible is Earthly. He says be good on Earth, and your life on Earth will be good (that's the theory - in practice it's not as simple).

And you may give thanks for inhabiting the Earth, but I think most people just do it because their parents said to or they really are directly thanking God for the food. They thank God for healing literally most of the time. People really are that sheepish and/or stupid.
#102 to #20 - anon id: 5239996e
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
God doesn't hate anyone? Then why did he kill so many people in his wrath? Or did he kill them out of love?
User avatar #140 to #20 - kolsinder
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
We disobeyed him? Oh, right, so because of a petty offence (purportedly) committed aeons ago by two people, it's all fine and dandy to make absolutely everything else suffer thereafter? And I'm the dick for saying that this is unreasonable?

If you're trying to justify why people say grace, pay to God etc., then that's fine by all accounts. However, you simply cannot call anyone a dick for questioning the validity and/or fairness of this decision!
#149 to #20 - anon id: 2f765681
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
That's pretty retarded way of thinking (allthough I thank you for the explanation for why we say grace).
2 people disobeyed him in the "BEGINNIG OF FRIKKING TIME", and everyone later has to suffer from it? Ye, you'd have to be a complete moron to actually believe in that ****. Claiming we are sinfull and flawed, and need fixing, is just like mechanincs sometimes do. Find flaws on your car that aren't there, and demand you pay to fix it. Oh and the fix happens AFTER you die.
User avatar #43 to #20 - brokentrucker
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Thank you.
User avatar #53 to #20 - siridontcare
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
sounds like a pretty ****** deal to me, you live! now thank me! Death or freedom, "why was there the black plaque? it the glorious god for teaching us a lesson about something we never did"
User avatar #57 to #53 - SuperBobbis
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Plague*. Just saying. Because, you know, Plaque is the bacteria that inhabits your teeth...
User avatar #88 to #57 - siridontcare
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
thanks
User avatar #91 to #88 - SuperBobbis
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
You're very welcome.
User avatar #104 to #20 - daentraya
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
So flooding the Earth is how he shows his love? I actually love that story. That's probably how i'd have dealt with a ****** up humanity. Just restart everything. Except that i'd send some waves of plague instead, because killing and destroying all ecosystems possible is just a bit overkill
#81 to #20 - Hianator
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
#82 to #81 - Hianator
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
#56 to #20 - BroadSword
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
What a kind god...oh wait...
What a kind god...oh wait...
#58 to #56 - grandterskrasao
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
its kinda funny cause of god's greatest gift to mankind...

you know...

free will...
User avatar #65 to #58 - xyxoz
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Actually we stole it. The trees of knowledge and immortality were supposedly in the garden of Eden, but we broke the rules and got them before we were ready.
#69 to #65 - grandterskrasao
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
and god can't take that away?
User avatar #71 to #69 - xyxoz
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Our punishment is living with too much work to use advanced intellect. We've progressed far enough in the last 50,000 years that some of us don't need to work as hard, and are instead forced to suffer both idiocy and maddening thought brought on by our own mental prowess. The ultimate punishment is the one that forces you to be great.
#72 to #71 - grandterskrasao
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
i see what you mean, but wouldnt you agree that without free will, life would be meaningless? Why live if everything you do is dictated by something so immensely powerful that to even to attempt to comprehend it would shatter your psyche?
User avatar #73 to #72 - xyxoz
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Have you ever seen a dog chase a bird or laser pointer? I can guarantee you that dog believes itself to be the happiest ******* thing on earth. It lives for the hunt, and though it's will is dampened by it's urge for survival, good old euphoria kicks in and makes it enjoy the struggle. We experience the same thing in spurts of violence or sport, whether we really want to do it or not.
Besides, humans are the only creature on earth that have dictators. All other creatures act on their own accord or for the good of their packs. Only ants, bees and termites, who have brains so simple they may as well be robots, have any sort of dictation in their lives. This is the reason for "hippie" arguments about being one with nature. They don't speak of being tree *******, they're talking about the penultimate freedom that comes with the need to survive as an animal without human paraphernalia buzzing around in their heads.
#61 to #58 - pyra
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
If we have free will, why does the bible say everything is predestined?
#62 to #61 - grandterskrasao
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
because the bible was written by mankind.
#28 - crazyolitis
Reply +42 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
#46 - bulldozah
Reply +25 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
#50 - pyra
Reply +18 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
I try not to be an asshole when it comes to religion, but I look at church like any other buisness

Their primary job in my eyes is to make money

They provide a service to people, a sermon every week, and they get paid
It even says in the bible to pay 15% of your earning as tides
#63 to #50 - dishie
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Also..if i may add. I don't think churches pay taxes..Like...all the churches in the USA could feed a 3rd world country.
#59 to #50 - anon id: 87bf4bd3
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
We pay them in tides? No wonder god isn't helping us. He wants water not our stupid money!
#67 to #50 - anon id: 334c9114
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
It's actually 10%, and called a tithe.
And church is slightly different since it provides no tangible service, and now-a-days (at least in the U.S.) it doesn't have mandatory income, just donations.
#70 to #50 - anon id: 525a9df9
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Most religions (not ridiculous ******** like scientology) are Non profit organizations, do you understand them? Derive the meaning from the words and you'll see why you're wrong
#80 to #70 - autoxx
Reply +5 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
...That's why the pope sits on a solid gold throne and the biggest building in nearly every small town is a church.
Just because it is a non-prophet organization doesn't mean the people involved don't make a handsome living.
#109 to #80 - scodran
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
>non-prophet
#116 - felixjarl
Reply +17 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
This image has expired
#132 to #116 - mrgreatnames **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#158 to #132 - felixjarl
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
This image has expired
User avatar #117 to #116 - zeroxnight
Reply +14 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
and a hundred of them fits perfectly in OP's mouth.
#118 to #117 - felixjarl
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
This image has expired
#121 to #118 - ButtonFly
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
#99 - herpaherp
Reply +15 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
mfw religion.
mfw religion.
#2 - futtef
Reply +14 123456789123345869
(01/27/2013) [-]
User avatar #26 - thepalmtoptiger
Reply +5 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Don't take this as an attack.

Since they ate a fruit from "the tree of knowledge", shouldn't we be super smart? Or at the very least, shouldn't Adam and Eve have been geniuses?
User avatar #48 to #26 - ronyx
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
That just raises further questions.
#52 to #26 - pongprofessor
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #29 to #26 - CrashingSea
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
tree of knowledge of good and evil is the actual name of it.
User avatar #31 to #29 - thepalmtoptiger
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
So what you're saying is that they didn't gain knowledge of the world, that they gained knowledge of the existence of good and evil?
User avatar #33 to #31 - CrashingSea
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
And thereby gaining knowledge of the world through that means as well yes.
User avatar #34 to #33 - thepalmtoptiger
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Understood, thanks.
User avatar #47 to #34 - sirrawrsalot
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
You should feel proud, that conversation was the most civil thing i've seen today.
User avatar #44 to #26 - theexo
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
In the bible it didn't give them knowledge, more like self-awareness
#30 to #26 - scorpiogary
Reply +10 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Well, they didn't wear clothe before the tree, it could be seen that the tree gave humans the ability to develop beyond basic animal knowledge, such as chimpanzee, who can use basic tools and etc. while we have space shuttles and are constantly developing new tools, while chimpanzees do not
User avatar #32 to #30 - thepalmtoptiger
Reply -2 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Well we should've had that capability before, because God made us in his image. We are also the only species with a soul and free will.
User avatar #35 to #32 - CrashingSea
Reply +5 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
No, every living thing has a soul and free will. The other animals of the world just rely more on instinct than humans do. If animals didn't have free will then they'd all act exactly the same but they don't and they even develop strategies and utilize tools much as man has in the past, therefore they don't not have free will.
User avatar #64 to #32 - xyxoz
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/28/2013) [-]
Last I checked, the ability to think is not a visible trait.