Login or register
> hey anon, wanna give your opinion?
#80 - maio
Reply -4 123456789123345869
(10/20/2012) [-]
You people are literally too stupid to insult.

The question has nothing to do with the outcome, it's asking "what are your chances" not "what is the correct answer".

Ergo, if there are 4 answers, you have 25%, and since we don't know the answer, it might be A/D.

Ergo, there are 3 solutions.

1. Disregard the answers, and look at the questions statistically. 25% chance to choose the right one not minding that A/D are the same answer.
2. If we know the answer, but are just calculating the chances, the answer goes as:
a) correct answer is 25%, chances are 50%
b) correct answer is 50%, chances are 25%
3. The stupidest of possible ways to interpret this.
If there are 4 answers, 2 of which are the same, that leaves us with 3 practical answers, resulting in a 1/3 chance to hit the right one, if we choose not to involve one of the 25% answers. But the question doesn't state that we can eliminate an answers, so there goes that.

To summarize, The most logical answer would be 25%, because it doesn't contradict with itself as a statement with the outcome of the "equation".

Math all up in this bitch.
#94 to #80 - anon id: 47be6508
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(10/20/2012) [-]
you have also successfully ignored the fact that is says pick a random answer. Because of this you cannot say that because two answers are the same there are only 3 answers. No, there are still four, you will just be answering the same way if you pick one of the two. Furthermore you called everyone else retarded for it, even though you were wrong. You should stop talking now and preferably never start again.
User avatar #87 to #80 - brosanction
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(10/20/2012) [-]
**** this, I'll be a stripper
User avatar #90 to #87 - whiteboitrollin
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(10/20/2012) [-]
The answer is b though its asking for the percent of the possibility youd get this right since there are 2 25% out of 4 possible answers then theres a 50% chance you could get it right therefore its B
User avatar #81 to #80 - brnoflynn
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(10/20/2012) [-]
The answer would be 25% chance as there are 4 answers but since there are 2 25% answers that would imply a 50% chance. Which brings it back to 25% chance. its asking your chances of choosing a correct answer ya but in choosing the 50% as the correct answer you'd be wrong, since that would mean there is a 25% chance.

So you cannot be right in any answer as in choosing one would just mean that the other answer is right.

TL;DR saying ergo does not make you smart
User avatar #92 to #81 - fuckyeaaah
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(10/20/2012) [-]
It's not a paradox,

they ask how big your chanses are when you have to choose one.
I would choose the answer A or D because the chanse I'm right is 50%.

So the answer is 50% because that's how big the possibility is that 25% is right.
User avatar #270 to #92 - brnoflynn
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(10/21/2012) [-]
Ah come on people use your brains and think past the first step!!

"So the answer is 50% because that's how big the possibility is that 25% is right. "

Ok but then that'd mean there is one right answer out of the 4 answers... if 50% is the "right" answer there is therefore a 25% chance of being right...meaning 25% is the right answer meaning 2 out of 4 answers are right meaning 50% is the right answer....but then there would be 1 correct answer out of 4...25%...do i have to keep going with this infinite loop or are you all quite finished???
#83 to #81 - parlimantum
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(10/20/2012) [-]