Skittles. blog.timesunion.com/wagingpeace/%E2%80%9Choodies-skittles-iced-tea%E2%80%9D-race-and-violence-in-our-past-and-present/3218/ if you don't get it.. I wo skittles murder
Upload
Login or register
Hide Comments
Leave a comment Refresh Comments (925)
[ 925 comments ]
> hey anon, wanna give your opinion?
asd
#40 - arrad
Reply +180 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
You know, everyone is flipping their **** about this story, but I will bet none of you have seen this anywhere. The reason is because that story is white on black 'crime' and this one is black on white. The issue here is that race is brought into to begin with. If this was a white man killing a white teenager it wouldn't be in the news, and that in my opinion is racist.
#397 to #40 - watchesupee
Reply -3 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
I think that the media is flipping their wigs because of the age difference. Yes, it is a white on black crime, but I really couldn't care less of the race. All I knew was that a 29+ Latino man killed a 17 year old kid (and yes 17 years old is a very kiddish age to me).

I'm not typing this to make it seem like I root for black people or anything. I mean, they have been causing a ruckus lately. Remember the riots in England?
User avatar #97 to #40 - DomeShot
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
the dudes hispanic
#108 to #97 - arrad
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
The family of the child have been quoted calling him white, that is where I got that info from. But you completely missed my point, it shouldn't matter what race the victim or the criminal are, crime is crime end of story.
#237 to #40 - anon id: 3dd49222
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
It isn't just the fact that the kid was killed, it was that the guy wasn't arrested and tried for it.
#340 to #237 - Yesitsme
+1 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#245 to #40 - bcfolz
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
well the kid was killed, and it probably would be all over the news if some random guy shot a random white teen. Even though people did stress how it was very racist. Why did i just reply. Where am i. help.
User avatar #341 to #40 - JoshBauer
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
What does that MCSO stand for? Just asking cause Maricopa County Sheriffs Office is right down the road from me.
#622 to #40 - stopsdropsand
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
I see what you're saying but I don't think pulling up a case from 5 years ago is really going to have media outrage in today's world.
User avatar #153 to #40 - eldorito
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Zimmerman got let off the hook. The people that burned the cracker alive are not getting let off the hook.
#789 to #153 - anon id: c3406851
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Do you even know where "cracker" originates from?
User avatar #791 to #789 - eldorito
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Yes. Crack of a whip.
User avatar #401 to #153 - KillerNuma
Reply -4 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Yes, but if you've been paying attention to the most recent coverage of the story, you'll know that Martin was actually the aggressor. Zimmerman (who admittedly shouldn't have been following Martin and should have left everything alone after he called the police) was walking back to his car after he lost sight of Martin, and Martin came up behind Zimmerman. Martin and Zimmerman then exchanged words, and Martin punched Zimmerman in the face, breaking his nose and knocking him over. He then climbed on top of Zimmerman and started repeatedly bashing his head on the concrete. Zimmerman probably wasn't able to fight Martin off at this point, so he shot him. While it would've been ideal not to use deadly force, it was in self-defense. This wouldn't be a huge story if some black kid had beat a half-white, half-Hispanic neighborhood watch member to death in the street. How would that story, which would have occurred had Zimmerman not shot Martin, sound?

Not to mention the fact that Zimmerman was completely in the legal right because of Florida's stand your ground law. Do you still think he should have been arrested?
User avatar #965 to #401 - nickdigger
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Let us set aside the different interpretations of this case for a moment and I will just ask you this.

Are you O.K. with the fact that I could walk up to you and shoot you down in cold blood in 20 states and if no one saw it or those who thought they did had conflicting stories...All I would have to say is I imagined you were gonna harm me and I would walk.

You like that?
User avatar #985 to #965 - KillerNuma
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
That isn't the reality of the law and you know it. In any practical case (there isn't many instances of a person just randomly shooting only one other with no motive or reliable witnesses) there is enough evidence to decide whether it was self defense or not. In addition, you would be convicted because there would be no evidence of a struggle like there was in this case.

Regardless, my position on this particular case has no bearing on my position about the stand your ground law. I am in support of self-defense laws in which you have a duty to attempt retreat before you can use lethal force.

In addition, let me present you with a conflicting scenario. Are you okay with the fact that I could break into your home and kill your family in front of you, and if you killed me, you would be convicted and sent to prison? Taking it a step further, let's compare to this particular case. Ignoring the specifics and disputed details, imagine if I came up to you on the street and started beating you in such a way that you would die if you didn't defend yourself, and you couldn't fight me off without resorting to lethal force, and killed me to save your own life.

Would you be okay if you were sent to prison for the rest of your life for that?

This is my point. There are two sides to everything, including laws. But I believe that in the majority of cases, the self-defense laws we have are of benefit to people and are usually fair. Even if, in this case, the law causes an unfair judgement one time, it isn't beneficial to repeal it and have a great deal more injustice result than ever would have happened if it had stayed in place.

Thanks for arguing intelligently.
User avatar #1017 to #985 - nickdigger
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
This is a relative new law. You are no authority on its practical application...no one is yet. The scenario I posed is WELL within possibility. Believe it or not there are folks who still HATE each other because of color of skin...or even something as petty as the color of your shirt when you are wearing on the wrong corner. If I simply disliked the color of your skin and were a petty, unstable armed miscreant who maybe disliked you for your internet posts (or maybe the fact that you were wearing a hoody) that would be more motive than many a haneous crime throughout the history of mankind had. I could certainly stage signs of struggle very easily, though the stand your grown law doesn't require it. So your first few points are answered to my satisfaction. People have CERTAINLY been known to kill with little or no motive.

The aditional scenario you presented is not conflicting in my point of view since I am not questioning that law and the ability to protect yourself from home intrusion. This was law before this stand your ground stuff. I support it.

I too believe that a more defensive prerogative should be the letter of the law...I see many potential problems in this law. That is the reason I didn't want to get into this particular case. I don't know exactly what happened, just the narrative reported...I don't know anyone ever will, but would like the focus to shift from race to gun laws.
User avatar #1113 to #1017 - KillerNuma
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/30/2012) [-]
Although I wouldn't consider myself an expert on this particular law, unless you are a lawyer, I can tell you that I am in a much better position to know a lot about this law than you do. The stand your ground law would not let the situation as you have described it take place and automatically take the favor of the killer.

And I agree with shifting the focus away from race, especially since I believe that race was not a major motivating factor in this case, although, as you have stated, it is difficult to know precisely what happened. However, you say you wish the focus to be transferred to gun laws, which I strongly disagree with. Making firearms illegal or extremely difficult to obtain legally will do nothing but take them out of the hands of the average, law-abiding citizen and keep them in the hands of criminals and serious offenders. Firearms are an important part of our rights and are a great help to national security. The only reason the Japanese didn't invade the West coast of the U.S. was because they were afraid of the strength of all our civilians armed with guns.
#882 to #40 - alirabhmp
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
could i get a link to this story?
#338 to #40 - Yesitsme
+1 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #384 to #40 - hesstergon
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
You're right it wouldn't be news because the man would have gone to jail and that would be the end of it. In this case however the man is living free after murdering a teenager and thats why this is news.
#662 to #40 - epicfailguyishere
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
That..sort of...happened in...2007. Yeah.
[url deleted]

#673 to #662 - arrad
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
The year it happened is irrelevant to my point, it still got no media attention(besides on the local news) whereas, that story is still being talked about on a national level on many different stations. All I'm saying is race shouldn't play a part in what we deem important, crime should be crime no matter the color of skin, and if you think different you're wrong.
#681 to #673 - epicfailguyishere
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
It's a damned shame what goes on sometimes.
Anyways, I pointed out the date of the crime because to bring it up now as the image suggests would be kind of irrelevant and odd. All the people that participated in the crime have been sentenced.
User avatar #849 to #681 - tuborial
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
The people are trying to get a new trial so it is kind of relevant.
#910 to #40 - zomgflyingpickle
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Does anyone remember about the guy who was walking with his girlfriend a couple months ago and they were both shot dead in the park after a evening walk? did everyone ever say the reason for the murder of these two innocents was BECAUSE HE WAS ONE OF THE TOP PEOPLE ON THE ******* LEADER BOARDS FOR COD!?!??!?
#189 to #40 - dbBlues
+5 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #109 to #40 - monkeytiger
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Yeah but they ******* GOT arrested.
User avatar #400 to #109 - KillerNuma
Reply -11 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Yes, but if you've been paying attention to the most recent coverage of the story, you'll know that Martin was actually the aggressor. Zimmerman (who admittedly shouldn't have been following Martin and should have left everything alone after he called the police) was walking back to his car after he lost sight of Martin, and Martin came up behind Zimmerman. Martin and Zimmerman then exchanged words, and Martin punched Zimmerman in the face, breaking his nose and knocking him over. He then climbed on top of Zimmerman and started repeatedly bashing his head on the concrete. Zimmerman probably wasn't able to fight Martin off at this point, so he shot him. While it would've been ideal not to use deadly force, it was in self-defense. This wouldn't be a huge story if some black kid had beat a half-white, half-Hispanic neighborhood watch member to death in the street. How would that story, which would have occurred had Zimmerman not shot Martin, sound?

Not to mention the fact that Zimmerman was completely in the legal right because of Florida's stand your ground law. Do you still think he should have been arrested?
#656 to #400 - stopsdropsand
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
If you've been paying attention, witnesses saw Zimmerman straddled on top of Martin. I really don't see how Martin could have been the aggressor when he had no history of violence yet Zimmerman who called police 49 times in the past 4 weeks, stalked him after being told to back down. None of this would have happened if Zimmerman minded his own business after reporting suspicious activity. And If Zimmerman was the so called victim, why did the voice calling for help on the 911 tape sound so young and why did the voice stop after the gunshot sounded. If Zimmerman was being attacked and wanted people to know he had been attacked, why didn't he keep calling for help after he shot Trayvon.
User avatar #995 to #656 - KillerNuma
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
He didn't keep calling for help because he was in no danger after Martin was dead, and the police were already called. For responses to the rest of your questions, see my other responses around the thread.
User avatar #554 to #400 - KillerNuma
Reply -5 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
I stand by this, thumb me down if you want. And to the anon below me, it isn't contested by multiple eyewitness accounts - that's a lie. There is only one eyewitness account (that hasn't gone public) that gave a report to police, and confirmed that Martin was on top of Zimmerman, and Zimmerman was crying out for help.

Say what you want, but to me the way this story is being handled and interpreted by the media and the majority of the public (to people's credit, much of the public has been misinformed by the media) is complete racism - going the opposite way of the racism of the past.
User avatar #1146 to #554 - graphically
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/04/2012) [-]
Don't worry dude, I thumbed you up where I could. A lot of Funnyjunk consists of nothing more than sheltered little kids who can't see past their own noses. Let em ignore the facts all they want.
#579 to #554 - anon id: 3dd49222
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
http://www(.)sanfordfl(.)gov/investigation/docs/Twin%20Lakes%20Shooting%20Initia l%20Report.pdf

Official police report filed by the first cop on the scene, you'll notice there are three witnesses. All three witnesses claimed zimmerman started the altercation. The one witness that said otherwise came after the fact.
User avatar #623 to #579 - KillerNuma
Reply -4 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Absolutely nothing on this document states that the witnesses claimed that Zimmerman started the altercation, and, if you actually knew what you were talking about, you would know that none of the three witnesses observed the beginning of the altercation, and only one actually observed the altercation while it was still in progress. This one witness told police that Martin was on top of Zimmerman, and Zimmerman was crying out for help - like I said.

You should probably read through a document before you use it in your argument, and know your facts about the incident.
#712 to #623 - anon id: 3dd49222
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
You said there was one eyewitness I was just proving you wrong
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/justice/florida-teen-shooting-witnesses/index.html

Interview of first two witnesses said they heard no sounds of a fight before the gunshot and that the voice they heard sounded to them like a young voice and that the minute the gunshot went off he voice stopped, leading them to think it was trayvon screaming. The first two came out with a public statement to cnn saying that their account conflicted with zimmerman's.
User avatar #989 to #712 - KillerNuma
Reply -2 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
I was stating that there was one eyewitness to the actual altercation - the other witnesses were only to the results of the altercation once it was finished. And the fact that they heard no sounds of a fight doesn't mean there wasn't one. It means just that, they didn't hear it. And if Martin yelled when the gun was pulled out (which would be a reasonable reaction if you know the person you were just beating was about to shoot you), what bearing does that have on the rest of the altercation?
#666 to #554 - stopsdropsand
Reply -3 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
You should research more. The FIRST witness account that went public was 2 females who saw ZImmerman straddled on top of Martin.
User avatar #992 to #666 - KillerNuma
Reply -2 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
That isn't true. I don't know what else to say beyond that.
#1085 to #992 - stopsdropsand
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
I'm not talking out of my ass.
You need to login to view this link
User avatar #1145 to #1085 - graphically
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/04/2012) [-]
Yeah but it sounds like your two "witnesses" are talking out of their asses, probably hyped up with all the media attention. The gun shot wound didn't enter through Trayvon's back, it was through his front. Meaning that Trayvon was on top of him at the time of the gun shot, and let's not forget that Zimmerman is overweight and has asthma and much older than the young, athletic, taller Trayvon Martin. So according to them, Zimmerman was beating up Trayvon straggled on top of him while the original witness who wasn't exposed to the media hype and bias stated the complete opposite. Seems legit.
#1147 to #1145 - stopsdropsand
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/04/2012) [-]
Conversation has been over. No point in debating on FJ, i'm here for the funny : )
#514 to #400 - tropius
Reply -6 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
I like how you're getting thumbed down. Witnesses even saw a man in a t-shirt lying on the ground, and Trayvon had a hoodie. What Zimmerman did was self-defense, and legal in the state of Florida. Yes, Zimmerman shouldn't have been following, but Trayvon should have just ran away, instead of immediately resorting to aggression.
<------ To everyone who thumbed down.
#524 to #514 - anon id: 3dd49222
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
He is being thumbed down because that is zimmerman's side of the story not fact, and it is contested by multiple eyewitness accounts. If anyone was defending himself it was trayvon he was followed than accosted by an armed man with 100 lbs on him.
User avatar #535 to #524 - tropius
Reply -4 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
But, Trayvon had talked to his girlfriend not even five minutes prior to the assault, and Trayvon should have did what she said, and ran. Also, if Trayvon thought he was in real danger because of being followed, he should have called the cops. However, he decided to let Zimmerman catch up, leading to the brawl, and then the killing. Not saying it was Trayvon's fault or Zimmerman's, but, they are both to blame.
#562 to #535 - anon id: 3dd49222
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
So because he didnt run away from a man harassing him for no reason he's to blame for his death? Are you really blaming a victim because he didn't run away? I guess rape victims are half to blame for getting raped, they saw they were being followed, they shouldn't have let themselves get caught.
#571 to #562 - tropius
Reply -4 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Zimmerman wasn't harassing him. He was just doing his duty of being neighborhood watch, and checking out a suspicious character. And rape is a whole 'nother thing, because most of the time, they don't really know they are being followed.
#596 to #571 - anon id: 3dd49222
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
The duty of the neighborhood watch is to report suspicious activity to the police, which zimmerman did. The police told him to stop following trayvon, he did anyways. The neighborhood watch association itself came out with a statement condemning zimmermans action stating it is not the watch's job to confront or apprehend criminals and that they advise all members to be unarmed and let police handle criminals. And how is rape a different case? There are some rape victims who are aware of being followed before the rape actually happens, by your logic their rape is partly their fault.
User avatar #613 to #596 - tropius
Reply -5 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
So, you're telling me that if you saw someone who seemed suspicious, you wouldn't go up to them and ask them what they are doing? Zimmerman had a license to bear arms, so he was alright as a citizen to be carrying a gun around. It's not the watch's job to confront a criminal, but it's just the right thing to do. Also, on the rape subject, I said most of the time. Not all of the time.
#654 to #613 - anon id: 3dd49222
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
If I already called the police and they were on there way no I would not go start an altercation. I might understand if it looked like trayvon was threatening someone else but he wasn't, zimmerman himself said it looked like he was looking through windows. That is not enough reason to stalk someone and start a fight.
User avatar #667 to #654 - tropius
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
He didn't necessarily start the fight. That point can't be proven. But maybe Zimmerman just wanted to keep Trayvon still for the cops? And why would Trayvon be looking through the windows without bad intentions? I don't know about you, but I don't try to look through people's windows when I'm walking down the street.
#736 to #667 - anon id: 3dd49222
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
He got out of his car and confronted Zimmerman, we don't know who swung first or what words were said but Zimmerman got out of his car and initiated contact when the police explicitly said not to. You do not have the authority to order someone to stay put if you have no proof they are doing something illegal, regardless of if you are part of the neighborhood watch or not. If someone came up to me in the middle of the night and told me to stand still you can be damn sure I am going to tell him to **** off and keep walking. If he starts to chase me, which Zimmerman admits he did, then I am protected by the very same stand your ground law that Zimmerman calls for. I am well within my rights to defend myself. And saying it's my fault I died because I attempted to fight against the guy harassing me is insane.
#131 to #40 - ausssomesauce
Reply -3 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
I thumbed not because its funny, but because it needs to be heard. I would post it on facebook but I am friends with young people. This story is disgraceful and deserves more media coverage than Kony
#1024 to #40 - junter
Reply -4 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
I like how this debate encompasses racism on both sides. The ones who say Zimmerman is wrong are acting out of either ingrained hatred of whites/authority figures or overriding white guilt. Those who say Trayvon was wrong are acting out of fear and hatred of blacks.

You want to know how I think we should all be reacting?

THEY WERE BOTH WRONG. ZIMMERMAN ****** UP BY NOT BACKING OFF AFTER REPORTING THE "SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY", AND TRAYVON ****** UP BY FIGHTING ZIMMERMAN. THE FACT THAT A KID DIED OVER SOMETHING STUPID AS THIS SHOWS THAT WE STILL NEED TO WORK ON RACIAL RELATIONS IN THIS COUNTRY.

That's all I wanted to say.
User avatar #810 to #40 - travrob
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
well that's one hell of a ********* that was kicked up
User avatar #42 to #40 - mjjrussell **User deleted account**
Reply +81 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
I would just like to let you know, he is mexican.
#1018 to #42 - anon id: a7c414cd
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
User avatar #1083 to #1018 - mjjrussell **User deleted account**
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
The guy said he was white.
#49 - travrob
Reply +149 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
**travrob rolled a random image posted in comment #3105247 at FJ Pony Thread ** what i would kill for
#612 to #49 - anon id: d584367c
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
**anonymous rolled a random image posted in comment #222 at McDonalds **
It's cool bro, everyone either rolls or reposts anyway.
Pic related, it's you.
User avatar #443 to #49 - jackbequeer
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
sorry bout that
#54 to #49 - frodothetroll **User deleted account**
+8 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#53 to #49 - AmaterasuNoOkami
Reply +82 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Brutal roll
Brutal roll
#100 to #53 - ReeferTrees
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
******* awesome name dude.
User avatar #490 to #100 - ilikezotz
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
**** yeah i just got that game and im playing it now
#72 - fluffymcnutter
Reply +51 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
#385 to #72 - Downey
Reply -6 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Cause he has 2 middle fingers in a picture of himself he can clearly not be a good person, got it.
User avatar #421 to #385 - KillerNuma
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
The point isn't whether he's a good person or not, it's that the media is trying to twist the public perception of the two men by showing the worst of Zimmerman and the best of Martin.
#77 to #72 - anon id: ecfe3396
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Too bad that kid in the second picture isnt Trayvon Martin dickhead
#98 to #77 - ogbubbaclark
Reply +24 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
he's actually right... thats Trayvon from Georgia...
#96 to #77 - adeem
Reply -4 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
#362 to #72 - Yesitsme
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#650 to #362 - typicalmiracle
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Out of self defense.
User avatar #395 to #362 - KillerNuma
Reply -2 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Yes, but if you've been paying attention to the most recent coverage of the story, you'll know that Martin was actually the aggressor. Zimmerman (who admittedly shouldn't have been following Martin and should have left everything alone after he called the police) was walking back to his car after he lost sight of Martin, and Martin came up behind Zimmerman. Martin and Zimmerman then exchanged words, and Martin punched Zimmerman in the face, breaking his nose and knocking him over. He then climbed on top of Zimmerman and started repeatedly bashing his head on the concrete. Zimmerman probably wasn't able to fight Martin off at this point, so he shot him. While it would've been ideal not to use deadly force, it was in self-defense. This wouldn't be a huge story if some black kid had beat a half-white, half-Hispanic neighborhood watch member to death in the street. How would that story, which would have occurred had Zimmerman not shot Martin, sound?

Not to mention the fact that Zimmerman was completely in the legal right because of Florida's stand your ground law. Do you still think he should have been arrested?
#408 to #395 - Yesitsme
+1 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #417 to #408 - KillerNuma
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
The Zimmerman account is confirmed by the fact that Zimmerman had a broken nose and severe lacerations across the back of his head when police arrived. A police witness has stated that they say Martin on top of Zimmerman and saw Zimmerman crying out for help before he shot Martin. There's not really any denying that.

Martin's phone call doesn't confirm the nature of the confrontation, all it does is show that he approached Zimmerman after Zimmerman had already started walking away and initiated a verbal (at first) confrontation.

The stand your ground law states that someone can use lethal force to defend themself if they are somewhere they have a right to be (this applies to both of them) and they have legitimate reason to fear for their lives and safety. Martin, after Zimmerman was already retreating to his car, did not have this. In addition, you are deflecting the fact that Zimmerman IS in the legal right here.
#442 to #417 - Yesitsme
+2 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #461 to #442 - KillerNuma
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
And you don't think that the unconfirmable claims of Martin's teenage girlfriend are subject to any sort of bias or misinterpretation? And do you honestly think that you would be able to clearly hear a shove (and be able to, without a doubt identify it as a shove) over an earpiece? What's to say Martin, as he approached Zimmerman, didn't take out the earpiece as his girlfriend was still talking? This is anything BUT conclusive evidence that Martin didn't initiate the confrontation.

Zimmerman doesn't claim that he was retreating when he was attacked. He claims that as he was walking away, Martin came up behind him and started a verbal exchange between them - something along the lines of "Do you have a problem?...Well you do now." You can't imagine a teenager with a record of misdemeanor starting a conflict this way? Zimmerman is not alleging that it was a "random attack" as you state.

Even if I concede that Zimmerman was "chasing Martin down", which I do not, this does not constitute a legally defensible reason to feel that your life is threatened under the stand your ground law. If Martin was standing there and Zimmerman approached him with a gun drawn, that would be the sort of thing you could call the stand your ground law for and then convict Zimmerman. But this did NOT happen, and you are still ignoring that fact that under Florida state law, Zimmerman did not commit a crime.


#466 to #461 - Yesitsme
-2 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #483 to #466 - KillerNuma
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
How would the girl be able to tell if he was shoved and the earpiece fell out or if he took it out when he was going to verbally confront Zimmerman? And you haven't addressed the serious possibility that this teenage girl, who has obvious reason to be biased, is not a reliable source of testimony.

I agree that Zimmerman was following Martin, but "chasing him down" implies that Martin started running away and Zimmerman chased him until he caught up, which didn't happen. He kept following Martin, and eventually lost sight of him.

You are still avoiding the main concern here, which is that Zimmerman's life is being ruined by the media and a public unaware of the facts is calling for his arrest due to the media's portrayal of the incident when legally he has done nothing wrong.
#670 to #72 - stopsdropsand
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Proven Fake.
#788 to #72 - anon id: 7fa14bd0
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
I watch fox news, and they showed the kid as he is in the top picture there, and the man as the one on the bottom. Fox news gets a lot of ****, but i think we can all agree they at least did that right in not demonizing either of them.
#74 to #72 - herptiliderp [OP]
Reply +63 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
They'll just come back even harder, this is the media we're talking about.
#144 - byposted
Reply +40 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Media Logic

>some ****** gets killed
>OH THE HORROR WE HAVE TO AIR THIS 24/7 AND MAKE IT RACIAL SO WE CAN INSTILL MORE WHITE GUILT IN PEOPLE

>This happens
>No media coverage

User avatar #154 to #144 - tuborial
Reply +5 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
NO black on white hate crime is ever covered by the media unless it is to popular to be suppressed in which case the black person is often portrayed as a victim of racism who is lashing out, the media wants black people to hate white people, but those 5 are going to have retrials because the judge from the original trials was on/absuing prescription pain meds during the trials i believe,
#299 to #144 - bobwithbitchtits
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Im black and i just followed up on this pic. I fully agree this is disgusting and outrageus, that this did not get any media coverage.

I hate the fact that it is because they're black, because that seems that white people are lesser worth or black people are more butthurt.

This will only lead towards hate towards black people, which is understandable. But it really is some fat cats in the news getting more money of off this hate.

The verdicts for the ******* pshycos!

> Letalvis Cobbins: Life with no parole
>Lemaricus Davidsen: Death
>George Thomas: Life with no parole
>Vanessa Coleman: 53 years.

It is a sick world!
#199 to #144 - mericafuckyeah
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Yeah, but those black people were charged and convicted. Zimmerman gets to walk free
#212 to #199 - byposted
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
it makes no difference as if the races were reversed the media would be going on about for weeks. When was the last time you saw the media reporting on black vs white crime? If they ever do, it's subtle and they never mention the races even if racial motive is clear

Remember that shooting in France where 4 Jewish kids died? The media was quick to assume that the shooter was a "neo-nazi" and made a racial story out of it. When it turned out that the killer was a Muslim, the story died.
#225 to #212 - mericafuckyeah
Reply +5 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Actually, the story died when he died. I would like to present a counter-example. The terrorist attacks in Sweden. There was a guy who killed over 50 children and set off car bombs in Stockholm. Everyone though he was a muslim terrorist. When people fund out he was a Christian extremist, the story died.
People should really judge based entirely off the crime, not race or anything. With this, I see someone walking free after killing a kid. Not a black kid, just a kid
#244 to #225 - byposted
Reply -3 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
lol the story didn't come close to dying, in fact, the media took delight in the fact that the terrorist was White. The only people who said he was a Muslim was the general populace and internet communities who had rightful reason to believe so, given most murders and rapes in Sweden are committed by Muslim and Black immigrants.
And there is proof circulating that the shooter was actually a Zionist rather than a Nationalistic Patriotic gone rogue. Look into it

Trevon wasn't anything close to being a "kid." The media shows pictures of him when his 10, obviously an unfair depiction. He's probably even bigger than me and was monkeying around a White neighborhood with his pants sagging and TNB. The security guard had all the right to be suspicious. [normal][normal]

#366 to #212 - Yesitsme
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#236 to #212 - anon id: b3ed4666
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
It does make a difference you ******* moron. Thats what everyone is pissed about, that fact that he walked free. It has nothing to do with race. Zimmerman was a hispanic, Martin was black. hard to make that a racial issue.

Its just dumb ***** like you that make it about race.
#256 to #236 - byposted
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
The U.S. Census would beg to differ

The shooter is, "Hispanic White" and is legally classified as "White." Many media outlets take advantage of the fact

And anyway, the point I was trying to make is that the media is anti-White and looks for ways to make White people look bad. "White privilege" is long dead and there is a new elite group of people who own Western Society.
User avatar #334 to #256 - alphashell
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Whatever bro, this is Funny Junk go cry somewhere else, please and thank you.


#367 to #256 - Yesitsme
-1 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #813 to #199 - tuborial
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
They just showed on the Florida news a similar scenario where a security guard pepper sprayed and shot and killed a guy claiming self defense (which I don't see why someone would have to shoot someone AFTER they pepper sprayed him) and he is free and they were both white. There was no media uproar there the only significant difference between the two cases is the races of the people involved. The Martin case is being investigated by federal authorities, so Zimmerman is not free yet.
User avatar #393 to #199 - Downey
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Exactly what I was going to say
#624 - obsessinator
Reply +31 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
User avatar #640 to #624 - cjklefty
Reply +10 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
That......Is so ****** up..............But so ******* funny...........
#665 to #640 - wovow
Reply +9 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
See you there.
#357 - gibsonator **User deleted account**
+28 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#361 to #357 - linkDrkguy **User deleted account**
+4 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#66 - drewbridge
Reply +27 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
> Hispanic guy shoots a 17 yo black kid after an assault

OUTRAGE. President talks about the matter and refers to victim as it could have been his "son".

> 17 yo Black kid murders two white British guys execution style after they begged for their lives with their pants down (Yes, literally, their pants were down because they were being robbed)

www.washingtonpost.com/national/prosecutors-fla-teen-planned-to-rob-british-tourists-shot-them-because-they-had-no-money/2012/03/22/gIQAHYaeTS_story.html
> Media silence. Good job, America.
User avatar #114 to #66 - hueyfreeman
Reply -6 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
That happened in my town! So proud. SRQ represent (by killing british guys)
#369 to #66 - Yesitsme
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#523 to #66 - pepsipong **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #606 to #523 - drewbridge
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
I have a couple problems with your statement, if you don't mind.

">race of people face hundreds of years of slavery and violence for no ******* reason."
Absolutely true about random slavery. However, it's been nearly 200 years, and almost of the people alive today have not suffered ANY from slavery, at all, ever. Some older blacks may have suffered from discrimination and segregation around before the civil rights movement.

> Point: No-one alive today in the US has suffered from racial slavery, ever. To put in comparison, the Jews and western Europe aren't still mad at racist Nazi Germany for genocide and invading them, are they? No, they're not, that happened long ago and all is forgiven, because they grew past it and can live together in peace, now.


">racist society explains the 'truth' as to why black people are awful."
Very very ignorant statement.......still, nope. Did you know the US has billions and billions and billions and billions of tax $$$ to help integrate the black community better, but with very little efficiency? Some social programs ended up making breeding grounds for crime and violence.
Do you know what percent of the US population is black? About 17-20%. Do you know how much crime is committed by 17-20%? About 70% of it is.
Do you know the murder rate of 17-20%? For every black man killed by a white man, 2.3 white men are killed by black men.
That isn't me being a horrible racist intolerant racist republican racisty racist, those are facts.


">white kids raised by fox news and gta have no other information to form opinions with."

Kids don't give a **** about the news and love video games, anyone with a brain above the age of 14 will likely not take animated drivebys' as racial fact and forever inbed it into their heads. That again, is sillyness.
#793 to #606 - pepsipong **User deleted account**
+1 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #159 to #66 - eldorito
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
>Shawn Tyson, 17, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder.
> is charged

Nuff said.
User avatar #187 to #159 - drewbridge
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Still, where is the panic and outrage for the British guys? Kimmerman's case was cloudy and inaccurate, not even the witnesses got their **** straight, almost reminds me of Casey Anthony, not enough evidence or reliability to be absolutely sure.

Alas, the judicial system has it's flaws. The media is full of **** and so is Obama, he only mentioned it because of November 2012.
User avatar #202 to #187 - eldorito
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Zimmerman was told not to approach Martin. He did anyway.
User avatar #219 to #202 - drewbridge
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
I'm not defending Zimmerman, he completely overreacted, I'm pointing out media bias and twisting of the truth or posting inaccurate information.
#572 to #202 - typicalmiracle
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Zimmerman didn't approach Martin. Martin came up to Zimmerman when he was getting back into his car. Nice try.
User avatar #695 to #572 - eldorito
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Source?
#703 to #695 - typicalmiracle
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
http:// patdollard dot com/2012/03/zimmerman-account-of-savage-ambush-by-trayvon-martin-corroborated-by -witnesses/

Zimmerman acted in self defense end of story.
User avatar #716 to #703 - eldorito
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
The 911 dispatcher told him not to approach him. If there's somebody stalking me, I'd probably be afraid and beat him/her up.
#726 to #716 - typicalmiracle
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
All the dispatcher said was we don't need you to do that. Not don't do that. Regardless, it's a dispatcher not a police officer. Second of all there has not been one shred of evidence that Zimmerman didn't listen to the dispatcher. Actually the contrary because Zimmerman was getting back into his car when Martin approached.
User avatar #761 to #726 - eldorito
Reply -2 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
You're playing semantics with "we don't need you to do that."

Trayvon was screaming for help for forty seconds before being shot.
#764 to #761 - typicalmiracle
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
It's funny because there is a witness saying that it was Zimmerman being attacked and screaming. A witness. Nice try again.
User avatar #777 to #764 - eldorito
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Then why did the cries for help stop right after the gunshot?
#782 to #777 - typicalmiracle
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Why would you continue to cry for help when the fight is over? What a ridiculous argument you have. There was a witness idiot.
User avatar #785 to #782 - eldorito
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
The cries ended abruptly after the shot, which you would know if you had listened to the call, rather than listening to your parents' Fox News version of the story.
#794 to #785 - typicalmiracle
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Fox news. Lol I was waiting for that. You're going to single out fox news in this? Oh you are a sad strange little man. The fact that the screams ended after the shot does not at all prove who was screaming. I like to listen to the witness that said Martin was on top of Zimmerman bashing his head off of the ground. If i was beating the **** out of someone I would not be screaming bloody murder. Still though, nice try.
User avatar #806 to #794 - eldorito
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Martin was talking on the phone with his girlfriend when this happened. His girlfriend signed an affidavit stating that Martin was running from Zimmerman.
#837 to #806 - typicalmiracle
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Please show me this.
#865 to #859 - typicalmiracle
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
I'll take the witnesses word over a person who heard it over the phone. Martin was on top of Zimmerman. Zimmerman shot him.
User avatar #866 to #865 - eldorito
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Heard you the first five times.
#875 to #866 - typicalmiracle
+1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Exactly. Witnesses tend to hold up in court.
#884 to #865 - Yesitsme
-2 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #891 to #884 - demetzgermeister
+1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
from everything i heard trayvon was on top of zimmerman beating him when zimmerman got his gun out and shot him.

lots of evidence points to that.
#888 to #884 - typicalmiracle
+1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Yea he said that he saw the person that was on top at one point laying on the grass dead. Now who died in this situation again? Zimmerman followed Trayvon. Not chased him down.
#85 to #66 - typicalmiracle
Reply +15 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
Also, the kid who was doused in gas and set on fire by 3 black kids saying this is what you get whitey.

Still waiting for obamas if I had a son speech on that one.
#130 to #85 - anotherjoenobody
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(03/27/2012) [-]
#1006 - gazoogo
Reply +24 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
&gt;Be the media in the US   
&gt;Hear about some guy getting killed   
&gt;Don't do any research: White man kills black child for no reason   
&gt;Post pictures of the guy from when he was 10   
&gt;Guy is actually 6'1&quot;, 250 lbs, thug   
&gt;Shooter is actually Hispanic   
&gt;Shooter was actually attacked after listening to dispatcher and walking away   
&gt;3 witnesses all say Martin was the instigator   
&gt;Ignore all of the facts, racism drives up the viewers   
&gt;logic
>Be the media in the US
>Hear about some guy getting killed
>Don't do any research: White man kills black child for no reason
>Post pictures of the guy from when he was 10
>Guy is actually 6'1", 250 lbs, thug
>Shooter is actually Hispanic
>Shooter was actually attacked after listening to dispatcher and walking away
>3 witnesses all say Martin was the instigator
>Ignore all of the facts, racism drives up the viewers
>logic
User avatar #1013 to #1006 - pandation
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
whoa seriously? No article I've read about that included these details, where'd you find the one that did?
User avatar #1016 to #1013 - gazoogo
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
go to drudgereport [dot] com and look for stuff on it there. I've seen it one CNN's website, yahoo news, Fox, and a couple of others. When all of the information on all of the sites is the same (Even Fox [crazy, right?]), I'm going to say it's more than likely pretty accurate. Especially now since everyone has seen that it was just a big ploy set up by the media... It's sickening what these people will do for ratings.
User avatar #1021 to #1016 - pandation
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
I usually read news on yahoo. Thanks for that site man, the more you know
User avatar #1028 to #1021 - gazoogo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
No problem.
#744 - imalittleslow
Reply +24 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
Related
#809 to #744 - deathkilledme
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(03/28/2012) [-]
**** you these are my skittles