Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

hide menu
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#539 - Womens Study Major (09/13/2011) [-]
Okay, I logged out because of the red thumbs i will get.

I stumbled upon this website, which basically says a few things about religion. Take a look

http://www . evilbible . com/

delete dots.

It shows that, in the bible, Jesus promoted: rape, human sacrifice, murder, slavery, and jesus lied on many counts referring to praying. Also, if you go down to the section labeled "God is Imposslible", it has got some very good points there. Just sayin'
User avatar #583 to #539 - marsher (09/13/2011) [-]
This is a hilarious page, congrats on finding it.
99% if this is taken out of context, the other 1% is Judaism and not Christianity.
The main difference between the Old and New testaments are atonement: In the Old Testament, there had to be atonement for every sin, in blood. That's the way it was. The reason Christians say we have a loving God is because Jesus volunteered to be the ultimate atonement. No more punishments on the nation because of sins, no more animal sacrifices. (Speaking of which, the only human sacrifice in the Bible is Jesus. This stupid website says "The Bible promotes human sacrifice. Well actually it doesn't but it kinda almost does. Well God is still a butt head." Or something like that.) This site is completely laughable.
User avatar #541 to #539 - LazerFish (09/13/2011) [-]
I'm an atheist, but i'm still skeptical that a lot of those weren't taken out of context.
#542 to #541 - Womens Study Major (09/13/2011) [-]
these were taken from context, from the old testament. The old testament is Christianity. If christians won't take into account their only bit of info that they have, and make up their own stuff, they are just a lying cult
User avatar #598 to #542 - advokat (09/14/2011) [-]
Also, you can't have it both ways. You can't say "Jesus promoted this" and then say that Jesus didn't exist.
User avatar #544 to #542 - LazerFish (09/13/2011) [-]
the old testament is the base for Judaism btw, also known as the torah. christianity wasnt created until after jesus died. also, jesus wasn't FROM the old testament, so how could you say jesus promoted all those terrible things?

and that last sentence turned pretty nonsensical, so im unsure as how to reply to that.

lastly, do you really think a website with a controversial name like evilbible is ever going to make christians want to change?
#550 to #544 - HolyShit (09/13/2011) [-]
you do know that the christian bible has both old and new testament right? and the fact that the god that jesus mentions is the from the old testament. So if the god from the old testament promoted all those things shouldn't jesus believe in those things also? or did god change his mind? but isnt god supposed to be eternal, and never changing? he is god after all, which means he should be perfect. So why should a perfect being ever have a need to change his mind? or maybe he is not perfect. whats the point in worshiping an imperfect being?
User avatar #553 to #550 - LazerFish (09/13/2011) [-]
look. I already know he doesn't exist. you don't have to bombard me. secondly, of ******* course i know that the bible consists of the old and new testament. the thing you left out was that in the new testament jesus was supposed to be the same as god. he was part of the trinity of son father and holy spirit, so he could change his earlier teachings. again, i dont believe in it, im just trying to see both sides.


getting away from that dreary subject, here's my favorite question to ask a christian.
"If Adam and Eve were innocent (without a concept of right and wrong) when they were instructed not to eat from the tree of knowledge, then how is it they're fault when they didn't know that it was wrong?"
User avatar #584 to #553 - marsher (09/13/2011) [-]
They knew not to disobey God. They knew God was right but they still disobeyed Him.

It's kinda like not knowing WHY a rule is there, but knowing it is there for a good reason. Does that make any sense, at all? I'm having trouble putting this into words.
User avatar #597 to #584 - LazerFish (09/14/2011) [-]
they didnt understand that disobeying god was bad. they had no semblance of right and wrong.
#547 to #544 - HolyShit (09/13/2011) [-]
Because jesus was a jew?
User avatar #549 to #547 - LazerFish (09/13/2011) [-]
and all jews promote the same ideals? that's like saying all muslims are terrorists.
User avatar #552 to #549 - DoktorHax (09/13/2011) [-]
wait, they aren't?
User avatar #551 to #549 - lpjazzman ONLINE (09/13/2011) [-]
glad we cleared that up...
 Friends (0)