The Second by Stebok
Hitting almost " thumbs frolo part I of Random Deaf Facts, I
figged I' d make a part 2. Also, I thieved countless messages
frolo members asking me their own personal questions about
the deaf culture and my own deaf experiences. I hope you enjoy.
we that is not funny. on wail. or is deaf?
Let' s " give iii: thumbs and attention‘ -has
1 American Sign language is the third most widely used
language in the United States. However, it is also
considered a forign language in schools and dams.
W ' ' language, Spanish
2 A majority of people who aw bonn deaf aw Mm under
hearing pawns, roughly 90%. The other 10% aw deaf
people Mm under deaf pawns. Keep in mind though that
deal pawns can also give birth to hearing people.
Keep in mind that those who aw
born deaf with hearing pawns
have no language as a ‘mother-
tounge'. s means they have to
get special education.
3 Deaf people have the same job opertunities as a hearing
person does. This means that a deaf person can become
almost anything they desil, whether it be a lawyer, dentist
actor, poet, writer, inventor, teacher, artist, and, believe it
or not, a music in. The list goes on.
However, thew aw of
in the work buisness.
For example, deaf
become managers of
4 Around 30% of all spoken sounds aw visible on the
lips. This means that deaf people who can wad lips
can only interpet a small fraction of what the person
is actually saying.
For example, one can easily get the sentence, "l want
to vacuum, tonight." mixed up with "l want to fuck you,
tonight“. confused? so look in a mirror and mouth the
words, Vacuum‘ and ‘Fuck Von‘.
5 Despite our lack of hearing, Deaf music videos do exist.
There aw also many methods for deaf people to interact
with music, either if it is via vibrations or visual
Intersted i seeing
check out the
The deaf community is arguably one of the biggest and
strongest in America. A lot of deaf people go to what' s
called "Deaf Events" which aw bassicaly social gatherings
of deaf people.
The biggest deaf events have
attended had over 400 deaf
C people gathered all across
i the local at a mall.
7 There aw methods for deaf and blind peoeple to communicate
with each other. one of the most notable methods would be for
a deaf person to fingerstyle (which is a foran of while the
blind person places their hands over the deaf persons.
How hew aw some personal facs about myself...
8 I love movies and my favorite is American Psycho. From what I
understand, parts of the movie evolves around pop» cultur
music, which I' never heard. I love how Bateman describes
in detail about some of the mags/ artists because I get a
better understanding of it.
not to mention an hilarious this -mi: is.
9 I have been in two diffeent in my past.
Luckily for me they both aleady knew sign language and,
ironically, had the SAME name. I' d spent so much time
with them and would always be communicating with them.
Crazy right?. Want to see their pictures?
X Like I said, my
my befriends both had
No but to be serious, I have been in two diffeent
with two diffeent hearing girls. I ended up
beaking up with the first girl because she was a psycho
emo bitch and was just to hard to communicate with her.
The second chick ended up dating me for a long time and
even put in a lot of effort to communicate with me via
Sign language. However, after a few years of dating me
she dumped me to go date some other is hearing.
But fuck that shit,
I' m sticking with
deaf bitches for r
1 The last thing I wanted to talk this meme...
in mm were [mm new Now even though I was not born deaf like
the meme applies, I became deaf at the
age of 5, thus giving me a small grasp of
the English language.
will min In?
So to answer this longhaired question try the Philosoraptor, hew
is my aply frolo a thead I posted in not long ago.
The best way to describe my 'think' g' process is that I simply think in
the form of a portrait; I paint a canvas in my head when thi ing of cert n
things. Whenever I think of specific words, locations or people, I see it as
a symbol betterthan 'saying' the words in my mind."
Link to thead is in the description.
Now thumb that shit.
Made by Stebok . Fl