evolution of regulation. . Archimedes' Christians' ) Commitments US Declaration of Independence. EU's FW someone breaks the rules evolution regulation
x
Click to expand

Comments(177):

[ 177 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#18 - I Am Monkey (12/02/2013) [-]
Comment Picture
#1 - mudkipfucker (12/01/2013) [-]
EU's FW someone breaks the rules
EU's FW someone breaks the rules
User avatar #123 to #1 - aviatrix (12/02/2013) [-]
This post was imminent.
#79 to #1 - uzzwick (12/02/2013) [-]
Oh you have been waiting to use that gif, haven't you?
#7 - lifesavers (12/02/2013) [-]
Facebook Terms and Conditions: 99,999 words
#21 to #7 - fatalhermit (12/02/2013) [-]
great picture
#33 - thechosentroll (12/02/2013) [-]
Yes, and that's why, unlike most of the other things on the list, no one ever misinterprets the EU directions on the sale of cabbage.
#133 to #33 - twofreegerbils (12/02/2013) [-]
Eh   
   
The most likely result is legislature getting passed that  nobody has read the contents of.    
   
After being asked about the contents of the 2,400 page long health care reform bill, Nancy Pelosi said, "We'll read it after we pass it."
Eh

The most likely result is legislature getting passed that nobody has read the contents of.

After being asked about the contents of the 2,400 page long health care reform bill, Nancy Pelosi said, "We'll read it after we pass it."
User avatar #44 to #33 - milthyfoustache (12/02/2013) [-]
It's a good job there was a big risk of cabbage extremists before they wrote that legislation!
#41 to #33 - dontknowmeatall (12/02/2013) [-]
People are stupid enough, some day they'll find a way.
User avatar #115 to #41 - failtolawl (12/02/2013) [-]
would they be stupid or an exploitive mastermind?
#159 to #115 - dontknowmeatall (12/02/2013) [-]
My microwave has a label that says "do not put alive animals in the microwave oven". You tell me.
User avatar #160 to #159 - failtolawl (12/02/2013) [-]
What does that have to do with the purchase of cabbage? They aren't going to get sued because somebody dies trying to buy cabbage.
#15 - luthervonappledorf (12/02/2013) [-]
Cabbages are serious business!
Cabbages are serious business!
#42 to #15 - dontknowmeatall (12/02/2013) [-]
How is this not the most commented thing?
User avatar #67 to #42 - luthervonappledorf (12/02/2013) [-]
I honesty have no idea. I expected a thousand of them.
User avatar #69 to #15 - zraven (12/02/2013) [-]
Was gonna be upset if he wasn't in here.
#71 - tonyshalom (12/02/2013) [-]
Cabbages are important
#2 - thekeeperofthumbs (12/01/2013) [-]
>27k words telling people how to sell cabbages
User avatar #63 to #2 - captnnorway (12/02/2013) [-]
It's because people keep finding loopholes. So they add new rules to counter it. And it keeps happening.
User avatar #64 to #63 - thekeeperofthumbs (12/02/2013) [-]
But then, why would people care so much that they would actively try to find them?
User avatar #65 to #64 - captnnorway (12/02/2013) [-]
To earn more, obviously. If you can get through skyhigh toll barriers you can sell your cabbage for much more.
#3 to #2 - John Cena (12/01/2013) [-]
#1 it must be a cabbage
#2 you must comply with rule #1
#3 you must comply with rule #2
#4 you mus....
#4924 you must comply with rule #4923 but only if rules #302 is not been complied with
...
#5000 it must be sold to a living person
#5001 no ppi can be sold along side the sale.
User avatar #30 to #3 - adzodeux (12/02/2013) [-]
[breathing heavily]
What's #302?
User avatar #59 to #30 - pseudobob **User deleted account** (12/02/2013) [-]
#302 you must be cabbage
#10 - John Cena (12/02/2013) [-]
>10 commitments

It's 10 commandments you pleb
#12 to #10 - RyanJK (12/02/2013) [-]
pretty sure its 10 commitments. It says so on the slide.
User avatar #32 to #12 - ohgodwaitimatheist (12/02/2013) [-]
It's 10 condiments, you know, salt, pepper, stuff like that
#47 to #32 - rabidaardvark (12/02/2013) [-]
And here I thought it was the 10 Compliments.
User avatar #50 to #47 - kakariko (12/02/2013) [-]
Wasn't it the 10 complements?
#52 to #50 - John Cena (12/02/2013) [-]
the 10 complaints.
User avatar #60 to #52 - clechyl (12/02/2013) [-]
It was the 10 contemplations.
#73 to #60 - eddio (12/02/2013) [-]
Nah the 10 cunts.   
   
 Im a 			*******		 moron
Nah the 10 cunts.

Im a ******* moron
User avatar #77 to #73 - clechyl (12/02/2013) [-]
the 10 cables
#92 to #77 - rabidaardvark (12/02/2013) [-]
The 10 Conceptions was an orgy gone wrong
User avatar #93 to #92 - clechyl (12/02/2013) [-]
The 10 Contrails.
#95 to #93 - rabidaardvark (12/02/2013) [-]
the 10 Contraceptives created after the 10 Conceptions
User avatar #97 to #95 - clechyl (12/02/2013) [-]
The 10 comedians
#98 to #97 - rabidaardvark (12/02/2013) [-]
the 10 Cumulonimbus'
User avatar #99 to #98 - clechyl (12/02/2013) [-]
the 10 calenders
#96 to #50 - rabidaardvark (12/02/2013) [-]
The 10 Corrections
User avatar #113 to #47 - lordmoldywart (12/02/2013) [-]
Nah bro, 10 complaints
#120 to #24 - xnayx (12/02/2013) [-]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euromyth Also links with the same legislation as the 'curved banana' myth.
#55 - vivalavidya (12/02/2013) [-]
I see Hawkeye managed to find a steady job after The Avengers
#34 - aherorising (12/02/2013) [-]
"regulation"
"regulation"
User avatar #35 to #34 - wizzerdofaus (12/02/2013) [-]
wrong post mate
#36 to #35 - aherorising (12/02/2013) [-]
"mate"
"mate"
#116 - John Cena (12/02/2013) [-]
ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS KAH~BAH~GEE
ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS KAH~BAH~GEE
User avatar #158 to #116 - cormy (12/02/2013) [-]
I've always wanted to try and get a bunch of users to start fires everywhere... Considering how long fires can stay going these days if you have high tier wood, I'm hoping you could get enough going at once to actually lag the server somewhat.
User avatar #118 to #116 - nimba (12/02/2013) [-]
holy awesome
little tingles of nostalgia all through my body
#5 - TARDIS (12/02/2013) [-]
It's because assholes keep finding was to 			****		 the system.
It's because assholes keep finding was to **** the system.
#13 to #5 - swagbot (12/02/2013) [-]
Maybe "The System" should not be trying to control every aspect of peoples' lives in the first place?


inb4 "The There'd be Total Chaos!!" Yes... for idiots. That's why you kick idiots out of society. Smart people would be orderly, *without* authoritarian rules.
User avatar #14 to #13 - goodguygary (12/02/2013) [-]
and then there's the other side of the spectrum, the smart yet corrupt people who take advantage of loopholes to secure more money for themselves
#161 to #14 - swagbot (12/03/2013) [-]
Well, yes... and in a way, i despise those people most of all: They have the gifts to alter the world and make it into a place that generates the most happiness for people, and squander it for cheap aspects of satisfaction (money, control, the thrills therefrom, etc...)
User avatar #168 to #161 - goodguygary (12/03/2013) [-]
isn't that just humanity though? you get those rare individuals who sacrifice their health and money to make others happy, but they are a small minority. True humanity comes from those who steal, murder, and be otherwise moral-less because humanity is all about you, never your neighbor.
#174 to #168 - swagbot (12/03/2013) [-]
"humanity is all about you, never your neighbor."

One's "Humanity" is about whatever that person chooses it to be about.
I, for example, am a combination of altruistic and selfish, and I'm comfortable with that.

"...you get those rare individuals who sacrifice their health and money to make others happy, but they are a small minority."

I think this is a very dangerous, calculated pessimism that we need to reject (as a society) as quickly as possible. It sounds sexy and Devil-May-Care, but I see that this line of thinking is actually cowardly and extremely unhealthy:

I think we have images of the Great Evils of the past century pushed on us so much (Hitler, Mao, Stalin, 9/11, death/violence everywhere) that we forget how much good has been done in history.

The more i research, the more i realize Humanity's Productive Works were on the upswing in the past few centuries, up until about the Turn Of The 20th Century. but evil people who want to rape the earth for cheap satisfaction managed to play unforeseen tricks on the world. A few people have been extremely effective at manipulating and re-enforcing the weaknesses (not necessarily the evils) of the masses to produce compounding suffering.

I think the Altruistic People (or at least everyday, nonviolent people) are not so rare as we think... we just hear about the Assholes so much more because they're flashy.
#17 to #13 - commandershit (12/02/2013) [-]
And even smarter people would ignore any kind of "order" to achieve something
#163 to #17 - swagbot (12/03/2013) [-]
What do you mean? I don't think you understood my post...
#37 to #31 - xxmemosxx (12/02/2013) [-]
Chaos is a ladder?
User avatar #61 to #13 - captnnorway (12/02/2013) [-]
Kick them where? To poorer countries so they get another big ******* problem? ******* FrP voter
#162 to #61 - swagbot (12/03/2013) [-]
1. Doesn't matter - kick them however far way you want. It count be Just out of Town, it could be >100 miles out of town, could be at sea, a Penal Colony, however far away you want them to be...

Just say "Live your life, but don't come in contact with any of us. You are Banned from our society. Bye."

2. FrP? You mean this? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FrP

That's the first I'd heard of them, but they sound reasonable... What's the problem?
User avatar #169 to #162 - captnnorway (12/03/2013) [-]
I guess they are just down your alley frp I mean . Their philosofi is that immigrants is a pest, and should be kicked out.

Also, how would they live far away? One last thing is would you like a whole lot of thieves and scoundrels ganging up and coming back for revenge?
#170 to #169 - swagbot (12/03/2013) [-]
1. "Also, how would they live far away?"

Not your problem. If they starve and die, they should have thought about that possibility before they decided to break things and cause mayhem back home such that they were exiled.

2. "One last thing is would you like a whole lot of thieves and scoundrels ganging up and coming back for revenge?"

I do think that this is a not problem from four perspectives:
> Lone, exiled criminals don't usually form cohesive bands for anything beside mere survival, let alone a violent homecoming.
> If they do return home, that's why you have a militia or military.
> "A Lot"? not necessarily - a healthy society passes less evil down onto its kids, thus generating fewer criminals in the first place.
> A criminal will have a lot of time to reflect upon his ills in exile. Usually, by the time he has gathered the resources to return home (with the intention of violence or otherwise), he will have matured. (unless he's a pure, miswired psychopath, in which case, kill him).
User avatar #171 to #170 - captnnorway (12/03/2013) [-]
Nah man... we will never agree on this one. Seems like you view criminals as something subhuman. I can't agree to that, because I think everyone is fixable, giving the right environment and the right people.
#172 to #171 - swagbot (12/03/2013) [-]
That's fine, but societies have to draw a line somewhere.

I think our disagreement about whether people are 'Truly Evil' or 'Fixable' awaits science 50-100 years hence for a definitive answer.

Until then, Societies have to lay down rules for their safety and security.

I think my ruleset is moral, humane and efficient. I think yours errs just on the wrong side of Nanny-Stateish, Wasteful, and Dangerous.

To each their own... I just want to live in a society with those that agree with me.
User avatar #173 to #172 - captnnorway (12/03/2013) [-]
Nah man, you want to live in a society where everything is perfect. Where it's safe and the economy is efficient and stable. Where no one is killed nor poor. I do to, but our ways of getting to this heaven is too different. Plato said "Ignorance is the root of all evil", so by enlightening people murder/rape/robberies would be a thing of the past. By learning how the world works, people might realize what they do is wrong and instead of doing finding help for themselves. Who knows, it is as you say no something we know for certain, but I prefer my ideal world where it's a mix between people who's been good all along and those who overcame their weaknesses.
#175 to #173 - swagbot (12/03/2013) [-]
You're right... I suppose i was merely being pedantic and pointing out a protocol for dealing with the true outliers:

> Violent-From-Birth psychopaths (if such a thing really exists... as i said, we need more science...)
> Person who comes in from another culture who is NOT mature and damages things before he is able to become 'enlightened'.
> Person who was raised in your culture, but poorly or incompletely, and makes harmful decisions due to their incomplete enlightenment.

A better protocol might be this; Give the person a CHOICE between Exile or Reeducation.

I think that's fair, as you're basically saying "You can stay here and make this right, or you can **** off."

The Former gives them a chance to grow as a person and fix the harm they did (basically making up for Life Lessons not learned earlier), and the Latter makes them no-longer-your-problem without using the Death Penalty.

Seems like the fairest 'Penal System' possible to me!
#128 to #13 - kinginthenorth (12/02/2013) [-]
Never thought i'd run into a damn assassin recruiter.

I don't think we've go to the point where i have to check in for my daily masturbation routine and if we did, i'd be damn sure to complain about it.
An enslaved mind is only inspired to revolt.
#166 to #128 - swagbot (12/03/2013) [-]
What's an assassin recruiter?

And what do you mean by this phrase? "An enslaved mind is only inspired to revolt."
User avatar #117 to #13 - Dropkicksxxx (12/02/2013) [-]
If you get rid of the "idiots" which I assume you mean people who do labor or otherwise, then you have no work force or infrastructure. If you keep all the smartest, the people on top and who have succeeded, then wouldn't you just be keeping all the people who ****** it up anyway?
#165 to #117 - swagbot (12/03/2013) [-]
No... let me explain;

In my book, an 'Idiot' is a person who causes trouble, or, in the case of a community, a person who lies, defrauds, breaks contracts, steals etc. They are not engaging in an honest, voluntary relationship, as the rules of their local (or broad) community would probably dictate they do so.

It has nothing to do with their ability to "do math" or "do smart-people stuff".

In the example of the U.S. nowadays, many Politicians, Bankers, CEOs, Managers, AND grunt-laborers alike are 'Idiots' (because they rob, cheat, steal, and harm), but many others are not idiots, (because they are honest and harmonious).


Most Importantly:
I say that a society full of 'idiots' would be chaos because it would be a Den of Thieves! An advanced society only hold together because people can trust each other long enough to Build cool things... A society of criminals would spend their time ripping each-other off, and barely build anything!
User avatar #167 to #165 - Dropkicksxxx (12/03/2013) [-]
Valid point, carry on
0
#164 to #117 - swagbot has deleted their comment [-]
#20 - jimli (12/02/2013) [-]
10 Commitments
10 Commitments
#150 - ashee (12/02/2013) [-]
Comment Picture
User avatar #153 to #150 - fantasma (12/02/2013) [-]
Oh, you son of a bitch, you beat me there.
#105 - drunkenmonkeydk (12/02/2013) [-]
I like how everybody gets offensive or defense and makes this a ******* discussion about regulation, socialism, freedom and what not.

It's a just a joke guys, no need to kill each other over it.

pic kinda related
#58 - jabsgreywarden (12/02/2013) [-]
Here is where it's heading
#53 - John Cena (12/02/2013) [-]
GOD DAMN IT AMERICA, OUR CABBAGE IS IMPORTANT!
#62 - douthit (12/02/2013) [-]
ridiculous
#46 - homosexualtroll (12/02/2013) [-]
I love him...
[ 177 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)