User avatar #533 - lotengo (2 hours ago) [-]
I already put this in ask a mod but maybe its more relevant here:

Cant we just agree that the new system where you cant thumb people who block you is a bad idea.
There are people blocking everybody that gives them a single red thumb.

Some guy posted a screenshot showing he has blocked over 450 users, im betting he's up to 600 blocked accounts by now. he told us he can only block 10 people per day and he has a waitinglist to block people I know thats a small percentage compared to the thousands that browse here, but its a large percentage of the people that actually thumb content. Top content now only has 2000 votes, so he is blocking 30% of the voters.

Because everybody who doesnt like his content cant thumb him down all his stuff is going up to frontpage. Frontpage is getting filled with stuff a lot of us dont like, and because of the block we cant comment on it either.
If people see multiple posts on frontpage they dont like without the option to thumb it down they get frustrated and move on to other sites.
User avatar #534 to #533 - lotengo (2 hours ago) [-]
I dont want to be a guy that only complains without suggesting a way to improve it.

Plz here me out addy. I have little to no knowledge about programming, but i think my idea is doable.

First you give us the option to 'hide all' on channels. Lets say i hate gamergate, i hide that channel.
If im looking at the #1 spot on content, and a gamergatepost happens to occupy spot #2, it will skip #2 and go to #3. I would never know there was a post i skipped.

For this idea to work you gonna have to make choosing a channel mandatory. You cant upload content before you pick a channel.

And it might be a good idea to make offficial channels, now every randomaccount can make a randomaccountschannel.
Lets just make official channels for the biggest interest on this site. Example

Fact-channel: for wtf fun fact, didyouknow and 'thisweekinscience'
Science-channel: science related gifs and possibly 'thisweekinscience'
AnimeManga: i'm not a fan but it deserves a channel
DBZ-channel: DBZ, DB, DBGT, DBZKai, fanfic
Pokemon-channel: Pokemon and fanfic
Pets-channel: if there is support for it you can divide between dogs and cats
4chan /b/: /b/
4chan /pol/: /pol/
4chan: the rest of 4chan (could also make just 1 big 4chan channel, maybe thats more orderly.
Fat-shaming: making fun of fatties
patriarchy/femnazi: you know
OC-Comic: Deserves its own channel
Polandball: I like polandball
Gay-polandball: I call that Scandinavia and the world gay polandball

And a random channel to put the rest in, if something new arises you can choose to make a channel for it.

Just a few examples, you get my point.

Q: But Lotengo, wont people just shove their stuff in random channels?
A: No, its a rewarding system, if people see stuff that belongs in channels they have blocked, they will thumb down. Because people only see stuff they wanna see people will thumb up more.

Q: but what if a post is related to both gamergate and polandball?
A: i understand the system is not perfect, and its up for the OP to choose the channel, but its better than the current block the haters lets occupy frontpage system.

Q: but wont this system, where people see less content, decrease the time and ammount of views on the site, im a filthy jew that wants muh add income.
A: No, its true that people will see less content on frontpage, but they only see content they actually want to see. So they tend to stick around longer. 'im tired of these god damn animeposts in the 200 thumb region' will be a thing of the past.
User avatar #532 - darealsnooki (5 hours ago) [-]
A 'schedule post' option.

I know it seems kinda dumb, but I think addy has it, and now I want to have it
User avatar #531 - kibbleking (8 hours ago) [-]
To prove that not allowing voting on the content of those who've blocked you is ******** crazy and downright retarded, I will henceforth block everyone who thumbs me down until it is fixed. Your move, admin.

If my demands are not met, I will further my plans.
User avatar #529 - syrianassassinsoul (12 hours ago) [-]
i would like to see boards having flags.

for politics beside the username he choose to select nazi flag (as an example)
or religions to choose ISIS flag (as an example)

these will be nice and fun
User avatar #530 to #529 - ablazingspitfire (11 hours ago) [-]
I'd agree with the country flags, but if they're optional and small.

But religion icons and such can be a little strange, but it wouldn't be FunnyJunk without the strange updates.
User avatar #527 - yousaygoodbye (05/24/2015) [-]
You should make different color names for really old accounts. Like 5 year milestone and 10 year.
User avatar #528 to #527 - yousaygoodbye (05/24/2015) [-]
User avatar #526 - youregaylol (05/23/2015) [-]
www.funnyjunk.com/How+i+see+the+animemanga+channel/funny-pictures/5554056/75#75

told ya

ya cunt
User avatar #525 - Trollathon ONLINE (05/23/2015) [-]
I just want the hide/show buttons on comments to be easier to access, it's mildly annoying to have to go through a menu for it.
User avatar #524 - ablazingspitfire (05/22/2015) [-]
This is a pretty straight forward list of 2 suggestions:

Google Authenticator.
As a security programmer, the security of the accounts on FunnyJunk seem to be a little lacking, with just an email address to help them get their account back if they have forgotten their password.

But with having someone else taking control of their account, to change their email address all you need is their password. Now, you're likely looking at this comment thinking "But security is actually a lot of work." Yes, yes it is.

But the best solution for a website with accounts and system that people want to protect for their personal usage, could I suggest the possible idea of use the "Google Authenticator" I have personally used this system as a back-up security feature to prevent others from even getting my account, it is very simple to implement into the servers and the website it's self and isn't very server straining either.

How this system works:

You install the application on your mobile device, on the website you can click into the account settings or a new box maybe known as "Account Security" and click on the enable Authenticator button, this will open up a new page and progress the old page to a box with a code slot; on the page that has just been opened you can use your smart phone device or mobile device to read the bar-code, this will send you a text message of your code. You then put your code into the box prompt and you're good to go.

So, for users of FunnyJunk account stealing and account hacking wouldn't be a likely thing as they would need your password and access to you mobile device.

More information can be provided here: support.google.com/accounts/answer/1066447?hl=en

If you so need it, I can convert the systems I use into something easily workable for FunnyJunk and it's user to enjoy.

Notification of being of comments being stickied.
As someone who doesn't post very often but does read a lot of the comments on content, I have noticed a slight little thing as to when the owner of the content or Admin himself sticky comments, the user who posted this comment does not have any idea that it happened, it would be very cool to see a possible implementation of this notice for stickied comments.

Plus, I am sure you can just copy and paste other notice files and change them to whatever strings you may use to connect the two.

I apologize for the two somewhat long suggestions, I decided to spoiler tag them so that they do not flood the suggestions page. Thank you to whoever reads this and I'd love to hear some down sides and up sides to if you would like these implemented or if you think this is going to a bit of hassle or not.
User avatar #521 - demandsgayversion (05/22/2015) [-]
So you know how the new system where you can't thumb anyone who's blocking you has broken the website?

I thought of a simple way to fix it: people you're blocking can't see your content, comments, or replies to your comments. That way they won't know they've been blocked.
User avatar #516 - joshlol (05/22/2015) [-]
longer character limit on content titles would be pretty nice
if it dropped onto a second line after a certain length instead of showing "..." like here i.imgur.com/g2DxUWt.png that is
User avatar #523 to #516 - elmirbuljubasic (05/22/2015) [-]
Yes please! I want this too.
User avatar #515 - Zuuh (05/21/2015) [-]
Is it possible for Admin to add .swf file support?
User avatar #510 - theugandanhero (05/21/2015) [-]
I'm thinking maybe you could branch off the Video Games discussion board that's similar to the way that you can pick which game you would like to watch on Twitch by choosing a specific game. My reason for saying this is because people on that board now either spam, post as anonymous and spam, or just generally go on and on about the same two things that are usually happening in gaming news and such. So it's a little frustrating for a guy like myself to go on there, ask for help or co-op play for a certain game ( I have a few that I play) and instead of getting replies to what I originally had asked for, I get derailed and sidetracked by cancerous ******** that makes me wonder if going to the board is even worthwhile anymore on here or not.
User avatar #509 - crazyguyindahood (05/21/2015) [-]
Can you add a thumbs up emoji? and possibly animated ones as well?
User avatar #511 to #509 - theugandanhero (05/21/2015) [-]
That would make it a little easier for certain people on here to piss everyone else off with them, in my opinion of course.
User avatar #508 - jettom (05/20/2015) [-]
I think the "after 72 hours no voting can be done" should be extended to last for 7 days. Because of the "random content" feature going 7 days back, if I use it and find content 7 days old I want to vote it up or down, especially comments on said content.
User avatar #512 to #508 - theugandanhero (05/21/2015) [-]
I agree with this.
I also find it disheartening to be able to stumble upon older content, liking it and several of the comments on there, without even being able to thumb anything up. Of course the issue with that is the fact that most of the aforementioned content/comments are old than 7 days.
User avatar #507 - pessimism (05/20/2015) [-]
We should make colored texts tradeable or giftable.
User avatar #517 to #507 - joshlol (05/22/2015) [-]
gifted ones exist but don't work yet!

i.imgur.com/zBPtXpK.png
User avatar #518 to #517 - pessimism (05/22/2015) [-]
Oh, cool! Thanks~
User avatar #513 to #507 - theugandanhero (05/21/2015) [-]
Agreed.
User avatar #506 - ktom (05/20/2015) [-]
I like the new sidebar which goes down the list of new content.

Frequently, however, I get a pile of contents I've already seen because of leaving and coming back or whatever.

If there was a button to clear it that would be AMAZING!
User avatar #504 - tsoper (05/20/2015) [-]
We need a *roll opinion*

Basically, someone "rolls opinion* and get something like **tsoper rolled opinion, 14. Poor opinion. Ignore it."

or

**rsoper rolled opinion, 89. Very important. Obey him."
User avatar #505 to #504 - tsoper (05/20/2015) [-]
I was high when I thought up of this, but it is important to make your opinions more worthy than other user's opinions.
User avatar #514 to #505 - theugandanhero (05/21/2015) [-]
Huh? Are you actually suggesting that instead of giving a genuine opinion and getting thumbs for it (up or down), you just randomly generate an opinion for yourself that someone probably made a while ago just to have them receive credit for it?
Forgive me if I am wrong, but that's basically what I picked up out of it.
User avatar #519 to #514 - tsoper (05/22/2015) [-]
No its more like you state your opinion with your roll. The higher the roll, the more value your opinion has.

It would be funny seeing people arguing and using rolls to justify whos right
User avatar #522 to #519 - theugandanhero (05/22/2015) [-]
Good point. I had never thought of it that way.
#503 - funnyhat (05/20/2015) [-]
proposing a feature - when you block someone the site stops showing you their content, its just that i usually click though content either thumbing up or down and don't bother to move much and am getting pretty sick of the message " ********** has blocked you, because he is a little whiny bitch and wants to compensate for impotence and you cannot vote on his content.". Its a drag to move the mouse to click "OK" and then just to move on.
pls
User avatar #501 - trisomytwentyone (05/20/2015) [-]
The maximum upload size for a gif is 10MB. Can we have more? No one complains about it, so I guess not many people would even use more than 10MB but I would.
User avatar #499 - demandsgayversion (05/20/2015) [-]
This site is broken. You broke it. Posters have way too much power now. They can block users who thumb them down, making any subsequent post artificially more successful. And then, the blocked user can't even comment on the post, because that's another power of blocking. And if you want to call them out on it as an anon, either they disable anon comments or block your IP address.

And this isn't a what if scenario, I'm blocked by at least 4 content makers who I have never talked to - one of who is a mod! This breaks the website.
#500 to #499 - iwasthere (05/20/2015) [-]
Agreed.
#502 to #500 - funnyhat (05/20/2015) [-]
I'm with demandsgayversion ,even though he is blocking me and I don't even know him
User avatar #520 to #502 - demandsgayversion (05/22/2015) [-]