Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

hide menu

Show All Replies Show Shortcuts
Show:   Top Rated Controversial Best Lowest Rated Newest Per page:
Order:
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#205 - anonymous (11/03/2013) [+] (8 replies)
at first i was like this...
User avatar #194 - shadowmaul (11/03/2013) [+] (3 replies)
For Debate reasons I am American and I view all 3 as correct partly because we did lose the first battle horribly and our capital burned as well as the White House and although i don't remember Canada being involved we kicked the **** out of GB after that where every other battle was won by US including the surrender of an GB army in the south that still had thousands of soldiers so I can see why GB wouldnt want to :remember: that
#186 - anonymous (11/03/2013) [-]
as much as you people like to fight about it, the native Americans lost this war, not only did they lose the right to almost all of there land, yes the Canadians burned the house down and yes the Americans fought for there cause, the point is it was technically a draw, we didn't invade america, and we stopped them from invading, but there natives failed to stop The whit-man invasion. you have your loser

: indians
#148 - kurbeh (11/03/2013) [-]
There was a war at that time? I only know the one against Napoleon.
Never learned that at school, looks like Germany doesn't give a **** .
#144 - schneidend ONLINE (11/03/2013) [+] (4 replies)
> US not conquered
> White House rebuilt, even more awesomerest than ever my god it's majestic as ****
> other countries still think that can somehow be interpreted as "losing"
mfw
#218 to #144 - anonymous (11/03/2013) [-]
> 9/11, WTC one-hit-critical-strike-kill and Pentergon bombed real nice
> US soldiers get killed all over the world
> US industry in the crisis
> financial crisis and US national bankruptcy
> USA becomes isolated because of US spying on allied nations politiciens and industry got public
> rich US 1% upperclass own 40%, laughs about their cattle

mfw

enjoy your freedom, m8.
User avatar #22 - andalitemadness (11/03/2013) [-]
Eh, in general America is sort of the same way as Britain. True, there were no other major wars for us at that time, but it's not really the most thought about war in American society, nor is it a source of national pride for many. It's mainly Canada that views it that way, because they stopped the US from invading them and established that they wanted to be their own thing.
#15 - SILENCEnight (11/02/2013) [-]
**SILENCEnight rolled a random image posted in comment #6246014 at Safe For Work Random Board ** as a history student, i approve.
#237 - dbjorgo (11/03/2013) [-]
The war of 1812 ranks right up there with World War 1 on the list of wars that were ******* pointless. I don't mean that by end results, but rather what they were fighting over
User avatar #224 - theshadowed (11/03/2013) [-]
Napoleonic Wars are really ******* interesting.

I think they're made out to be less important than they were. You don't get taught about in until A-level in Britain, and even then its only the Congress of Viena
#173 - tinypoodle (11/03/2013) [-]
So many conflicting opinions that all think they are facts.. How can any of you say most of this with complete certancy when all you really are is a person on the internet, like everyone else.. You werent there. Ive read tons of opinions on the matter and i honestly have no idea what to believe so im going to just research it for myself and assume everything here is ******** until proven otherwise..
User avatar #176 - perishing ONLINE (11/03/2013) [-]
I'm American and I asked my teacher about the Canadian one. He refused to acknowledge it, said it never happened.
#161 - revengeforfreeze (11/03/2013) [-]
MFW commentsection
User avatar #116 - dongers (11/03/2013) [-]
yea the top panel is exactly how i was taught in school, i brought up the question of the british having you send their military all the way across the pacific ocean and the teach pretty much said that didnt matter
 Friends (0)