Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search
hide menu

Show All Replies Show Shortcuts
Show:   Highest Rated Top Rated Newest
auto-refresh every 1 2 3 5 seconds


Per page:
Order:
Latest users (3): asliceoffriedgold, azumeow, princessren, anonymous(9).
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #88190 - tomahawkkit (09/21/2014) [-]
can anyone here prove Buddhism wrong
User avatar #88201 to #88190 - teoragnar (09/21/2014) [-]
Souls don't exist therefore reincarnation is impossible.
User avatar #88204 to #88201 - tomahawkkit (09/21/2014) [-]
but what if just your body is reborn
User avatar #88205 to #88204 - teoragnar (09/21/2014) [-]
Then it has nothing to do with Buddhism, I can assure you that.
User avatar #88206 to #88205 - tomahawkkit (09/21/2014) [-]
ok you win
User avatar #88191 to #88190 - marinepenguin ONLINE (09/21/2014) [-]
Burden of proof lies on you to prove it exists, not the other way around.
User avatar #88192 to #88191 - tomahawkkit (09/21/2014) [-]
yeah I guess your right
#88175 - CIS White Male (09/21/2014) [-]
"do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

I never got this quote..
reason being is, girls dont like sex like i do.
#88161 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
BANNERS   
   
   
BANNERS EVERYWHERE
BANNERS


BANNERS EVERYWHERE
#88164 to #88161 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
there i am GARY!!!
User avatar #88227 to #88164 - joshlol (09/21/2014) [-]
my banner
User avatar #88147 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
Assuming God exists and gave us free will, how would that work? Surely if He knows everything that has and will happen, he knows what you're going to do, and therefore the result is predetermined, and free will cannot exist?
User avatar #88216 to #88147 - arenaferox (09/21/2014) [-]
There are many concepts and way of thinking. Maybe our way of thinking is the wrong way of thinking. Maybe our way of thinking only applies to this plane. Maybe in a perfect world we can comprehend free will in a better way. If we are imperfect than we could never be able to understand something that is perfect because we aren't perfect in any way.
User avatar #88188 to #88147 - teoragnar (09/21/2014) [-]
The future doesn't exist tho.
User avatar #88189 to #88188 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
Depends in what way you're talking. What's your justification for that?
User avatar #88193 to #88189 - teoragnar (09/21/2014) [-]
You see, "future" is an expression for the change happening in our universe, now since a specific change hasn't occurred yet this specific future doesn't exist.
Of course, this change can determined but that doesn't mean that this change is fatalistic-deterministic since change relies happenstance, our actions, necessity and coercion.
User avatar #88196 to #88193 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
But this assumes that our perception of time is how things really are. From a scientific perspective it seems far more logical for time to be a dimension that we travel along and perceive just like the x, y and z planes than something we make ourselves.
User avatar #88199 to #88196 - teoragnar (09/21/2014) [-]
You're assuming I'm putting man into the centre of all events, no we are part of it.
"From a scientific perspective it seems far more logical for time to be a dimension that we travel along"
Now that's a big sentence, how do you verify it? Not only does it imply that time travel is possible, but also that there is no change and therefore the universe is fatalistic.
User avatar #88215 to #88199 - choobe ONLINE (09/21/2014) [-]
Time acts as a dimension. If you travel fast in space, you travel slower in time. This is proved with atom clocks, you can google it. The same way if you travel North-West, the more you go North, the less you go West. Of course, North and West don't exist in deep space, but the principle is the same.

The faster you're going in Space, the slower you're going in Time. Some people theorize that since we calculate that Time would almost not move at near Light-Speed, that for things that move at light-speed (photons f.e.), Time around them stands still from their view (remember everything is relative). Some people take it further, and say that tachyons (theoretical FTL particles) would move backward in time, since they're faster than light.

No tl;dr, you asked, read.
User avatar #88221 to #88215 - teoragnar (09/21/2014) [-]
Time is a result of motion, if there was no motion in the universe time couldn't exist.
User avatar #88222 to #88221 - choobe ONLINE (09/21/2014) [-]
No it isn't. Special Relativity. If time only was the result of motion, time would be the same no matter what speed, but we know that time is relative, and we know that space is relative, and we know both those things are affected in the same way. Speed can make Time go faster (from the fast objects reference point), and it can make matter stretch (we know that matter contracts from an outside reference point) the faster someone goes. Similar effects can be noticed with gravity, like if you orbited a black hole very close let's say just outside event horizon , and returned back after a year, everybody else would have aged much more than you.
User avatar #88224 to #88222 - teoragnar (09/21/2014) [-]
"time would be the same no matter what speed"
What you're saying would only apply if we all would move the same speed all the time through space, we don't since it's (as you said) relative.
User avatar #88225 to #88224 - choobe ONLINE (09/21/2014) [-]
But if time is only a result of motion, why would time be different at different speeds? Time behaves like a spatial dimension. And we can't 100% confirm it, but it is much that points in the direction that time is a dimension.
User avatar #88200 to #88199 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
How would that imply time travel is possible? It implies the opposite really, a fixed structure of time would mean you couldn't go back and change it, or forward for that matter.

From everything we understand about dimensions it's a more logical conclusion. When you walk in the direction of a dimension, say the x plane, you're not creating the space ahead of you, you're riding along that dimension. It's a reasonable thing to say time, the 4th dimension follows the same logic. Really the burden of proof would be on you to say it's different.
User avatar #88202 to #88200 - teoragnar (09/21/2014) [-]
The burden of proof lies on you since you're saying time is dimensional. Exactly what I asked you: "how do you verify it?"

Time travel is implied because you're saying time is dimensional, a predetermined, fatal universe would have no problem with a travel through time aslong it is part of your "fixed structure of time"
User avatar #88203 to #88202 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
Oh it's well established in physics that time is the fourth dimension. Einstein's special relativity show's that time and space are part of the same fabric, space-time. Time is effectively a physical dimension as well, just one we perceive differently due to us ourselves being three dimensional in singular reference frames of time, so we call it temporal. Verifying it is complicated and to be completely honest, I don't fully understand how it's done, but a fairly simple way is observing time dilation. It's well established and considered to be fact within the scientific community though.

And sure, if it was within the structure of time then it would be possible to travel through time, the problem is there is no way to time travel.
User avatar #88194 to #88193 - teoragnar (09/21/2014) [-]
*can be
*relies on
#88174 to #88147 - dehumanizer (09/21/2014) [-]
He knows all of the possible conclusions of your choices but its still up to you to make it.
User avatar #88198 to #88174 - christmouth ONLINE (09/21/2014) [-]
"Does God know or does He not know that a certain individual will be good or bad? If thou sayest 'He knows', then it necessarily follows that [that] man is compelled to act as God knew beforehand he would act, otherwise God's knowledge would be imperfect.…"
User avatar #88179 to #88174 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
Then he's not omniscient, as he doesn't know what you're going to do.
#88180 to #88179 - dehumanizer (09/21/2014) [-]
Yes he does.
User avatar #88181 to #88180 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
Then that means the outcome of your choice is preset before you make it. Which means you don't really have a choice, due to fate.
#88182 to #88181 - dehumanizer (09/21/2014) [-]
How do you know what you will chose?

>inb4 if you have to choose between a and b you think of choosing a but you choose b so you dont follow destiny only to turn out that your destiny was to choose b because you really wanted to choose a
User avatar #88183 to #88182 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
Nope. You don't know what you'll choose, but God does. The choice is still pre-set for you regardless of whether you feel that you have a choice or not. This is called the illusion of free will.
#88184 to #88183 - dehumanizer (09/21/2014) [-]
Do you look out for cars when you cross the street? If yes then your agrument is invalid.
User avatar #88185 to #88184 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
Yes, I do. That wasn't a choice I had, it was pre-set by God's omniscience.
#88186 to #88185 - dehumanizer (09/21/2014) [-]
This is a very stupid way of thinking.
User avatar #88187 to #88186 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
I'm not religious so I don't actually think like this, it's just a hypothetical I put to religious people. No one seems to have a real answer to it, omniscience and free will are seemingly mutually exclusive.
#88195 to #88187 - dehumanizer (09/21/2014) [-]
Not really no.
User avatar #88197 to #88195 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
Then explain how they can both exist without one violating the other. Either actions are predetermined as God knows what they will be, or they are up to a person deciding and therefore God does not know what they will be.
#88300 to #88197 - dehumanizer (16 hours ago) [-]
I think its quite ignorant to try to say what omnipotence really is as a quite limited human.
User avatar #88314 to #88300 - whatley (11 hours ago) [-]
I didn't talk about omnipotence, I'm talking about omniscience, and it's not really hard to explain, it's just knowing everything.
#88315 to #88314 - dehumanizer (11 hours ago) [-]
Oh well thats even simpler why didnt you say so, multiverse theory allows for free will and omniscience
User avatar #88166 to #88147 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
What Is Free will  - Dr. Zakir naik

What Is Free will - Dr. Zakir naik
User avatar #88178 to #88166 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
This doesn't really answer the question.
What I'm saying is:

God is omniscient and knows everything.
God knows the outcome of every choice you make before it happens.
Therefore your choice is preset before you make it.
Therefore you do not have a choice.
Therefore you do not have free will.
User avatar #88207 to #88178 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
nooooooo

god knows what you do

but he didnt tell you what to do
he did not force you what to do

he know you willl do
but it is up to you to do
User avatar #88208 to #88207 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
Yes, I'm not saying God tells you what to do.
I'm saying that God knows what you're going to do before you do it.
Therefore your action is predetermined.
How can there be free will where every action of yours is always predetermined?
User avatar #88209 to #88208 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
Pre Destination or Fate (Qadar) and our free will  by Zakir naik

long explanation. i hope this video answers instead the last one
User avatar #88212 to #88209 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
The problem remains that I cannot make a choice that does not fit in with what Allah thinks I will do. The only possible thing that can happen is what Allah thinks will happen, as if something else happens then Allah would be wrong, which is impossible, and if only one thing is possible, where is my choice, and where is my free will?
User avatar #88213 to #88212 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
you heard the video well

allah knows all
allah sees all
and predicted everything

but it is you who will decide your choice and not he decided your choice. he gave you several destinations and you choose one of those.
User avatar #88214 to #88213 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
But what is the point in multiple choices if Allah already knows the one I'll take? Free will becomes pointless because what will happen is already known, nothing else can be other than what Allah predicted, so why have the other destinations?
User avatar #88217 to #88214 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
>Free will becomes pointless because what will happen is already known
no this doesnt work that way.
you choose your destination and he never forced you. if you choose the another destination he knows choose it.

freewill is everything we are able to do and we did it successfully called freewill.

and why do we have another destinations?

because life is a test. god will give you the right path and false path. and he will see if the right path is chosen or the false path is chosen.

he knows what happens if you choose the right path or the false path. but he did not force you to take the wrong or true one.
User avatar #88156 to #88147 - Zaxplab ONLINE (09/21/2014) [-]
I was wondering that too. If fate is pre-determined, and god knows everything about what will happen with you, why would he expect you to do good?

Also, if he already knows your fate before you die, why make you wait in purgatory?
User avatar #88148 to #88147 - garymotherfingoak (09/21/2014) [-]
Essentially he keeps major foreseeable events, from local such as my uncle dying of aids, global such as ww2, and galactic such as the milky way and Andromeda galaxy colliding, as they are, and he his tampering with the universe to a minimum, or at least enough to be subtle as fuck.
User avatar #88151 to #88148 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
That's not what I'm talking about though, I'm saying how is it possible to rationalise a world where there is free will, but the future is also predetermined?
#88159 to #88151 - CIS White Male (09/21/2014) [-]
it is predetermined through the foreknowledge of god, according to 1st peter... that is to say, he knows what we are gonna do, he knows the effect it will have and he lets us do it. he only really helps when we try to do something for others. he does not play the genie role very well biblically speaking.
#88160 to #88159 - CIS White Male (09/21/2014) [-]
to clarify, the choice is still made by the individual. you can choose to go against your feelings and that alone proves free will.
User avatar #88152 to #88151 - garymotherfingoak (09/21/2014) [-]
The only predetermined piece that the universe does not have free will over is it's creation (and possibly its destruction). the universe constructs/ed the events that occur/ed in it, not god. It's like funding the production in a movie and allowing it to be created, but not having any creative involvement in what happens in the movie, and then being told all the spoilers before you start watching.
User avatar #88155 to #88152 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
Yes, but the every event already has a defined outcome before it occurs. Your choice is pre-set, and if it's pre-set, how can you say you have a choice?
User avatar #88157 to #88155 - garymotherfingoak (09/21/2014) [-]
there's a difference between knowing an outcome and changing that outcome to your whim. I know it sounds like I'm repeating myself.
We have free will in the sense that we can determine the outcome of our livelihood through 99.9% of the actions committed by us and our fellow physical environment and said inhabitants, as well as our afterlife destiny, based on our behavior on earth.
and hey, for all we know, god may not know the future, he could just be a very good predictor and do it on a whim based on a bottomless pit of experience.
User avatar #88158 to #88157 - whatley (09/21/2014) [-]
Hmm, something's definitely not right here. There just can't be both choices and a predetermined world.
User avatar #88142 - ribocoon (09/21/2014) [-]
syrain has his very own board now
Will he stop having the gay sex with fedoras now?
lul no
#88165 to #88142 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
even addy support me
User avatar #88139 - teoragnar (09/20/2014) [-]
I came after a long term reseacher to the conclusion that this board is 95% shitpost and therefore not worth visiting.
Still not enough to convince me not to come here.
#88162 to #88139 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
i knew you are a heretic.   
   
even the Christians here now think you are a massive christian asshole
i knew you are a heretic.

even the Christians here now think you are a massive christian asshole
User avatar #88177 to #88162 - teoragnar (09/21/2014) [-]
k b0ss
User avatar #88141 to #88139 - lulzfornigeriagirl (09/20/2014) [-]
stop talking to myself me
User avatar #88229 to #88141 - teoragnar (09/21/2014) [-]
I've sold our soul cause some guy wanted it to do shit with it.
Sorry won't happen again.
#88126 - KINGOFTHESTARS (09/20/2014) [-]
"you need to think for yourself and stop beliving in an old book"
>gets all info from old books by old guys
>never conducted own study
>wikipedia
#88127 to #88126 - syrianassassin (09/20/2014) [-]
we all know the atheists god is Bullshitticus
User avatar #88140 to #88127 - whatley (09/20/2014) [-]
It's funny because this picture is a reference to Zeus and the Jars of Good and Evil.
User avatar #88176 to #88140 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
yeah

he is holding google staff and wikipedia ball of knowledge
#88125 - KINGOFTHESTARS (09/20/2014) [-]
>calls religious people "sheeple"   
>liberal
>calls religious people "sheeple"
>liberal
User avatar #88149 to #88125 - garymotherfingoak (09/21/2014) [-]
glorious moderate master race
#88136 to #88125 - princessren ONLINE (09/20/2014) [-]
we are all a little sheeple
User avatar #88138 to #88136 - teoragnar (09/20/2014) [-]
2cute
User avatar #88135 to #88125 - lulzfornigeriagirl (09/20/2014) [-]
Agree 2much.
#88124 - KINGOFTHESTARS (09/20/2014) [-]
>gays and supergays trannies
>they cant help it1
>born that way!!!


>think furries are weird
User avatar #88143 to #88124 - ribocoon (09/21/2014) [-]
>think child molestation is weird
jk i yiff
User avatar #88117 - fishinyourface (09/20/2014) [-]
>walking my dogs
>get stopped by mormons
>they ask if I believe in God
>I do
>that's not good enough, need to believe in their bible
we both believe in God, so I basiclaly believe in like...2% of what you believe in..that's more percent than the athiest person down the street, shouldn't you be bugging them instead? pls leave me alone...
User avatar #88144 to #88117 - ribocoon (09/21/2014) [-]
I actually had mormons come to my door about a week ago
I only let them in because one of the guys was really fucking cute
User avatar #88120 to #88117 - syrianassassin (09/20/2014) [-]
tell them

is jesus a mormon?
User avatar #88114 - cleverguy (09/20/2014) [-]
syrian, stop mentioning me.

get off my dick, seriously
User avatar #88153 to #88114 - garymotherfingoak (09/21/2014) [-]
try not to give him so much attention.
#88116 to #88114 - syrianassassin (09/20/2014) [-]
but i want to be jewish
0
#88102 - syrianassassin has deleted their comment [-]
#88096 - syrianassassin (09/20/2014) [-]
Welcome to Religion Board.

in this board you can freely discuss your religious beliefs.

Rules:

1. All religions are allowed.
2. Religion board is not to prove or disprove the existence of a deity. The discussion of the potential existence of a God shouldn't take place in threads unrelated to it.
3. Keep a sense of the scale, while X religion may have slaughtered Y religion by the thousands a couple of centuries ago a present day follower of X can not be expected to be held accountable for that.
4. Don't be an asshat in general.
5. Holy scriptures may provide a deeper understanding of the context of a religions viewpoints and can therefore depending on the context and usage be as valid as scientific facts.
6. Do not mix politics with religions.
7. NO Ponies. NO Social Justice Warriors. NO Anime. NO Gore. NO links that leads to porn or virus. NO Porn. NO Furries. NO Scalies.
8. Please, keep it clean.
9. Thou Shalt Not Commit Logical Fallacies.
10. Atheists are welcomed here. but your job is here to get a proof for existence of god and not to disprove god.

special thanks for caffeinecommissar for setting up those rules.

This is it. Peace Be Upon You All.
#88319 to #88096 - caffeinecommissar (6 hours ago) [-]
Viva La Bureaucracy.
Viva La Bureaucracy.
User avatar #88150 to #88096 - garymotherfingoak (09/21/2014) [-]
who the fuck are you and what have you done with the shill hating relic finding syrian I knew?
#88169 to #88168 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
welcome to the new syrian.

im trying to make board as balance for religion instead atheists circlejerking

trying to make politics far far away from this board.
User avatar #88170 to #88169 - garymotherfingoak (09/21/2014) [-]
why the change of heart though?
#88171 to #88170 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
arent you tired from all the shitposting here????
arent you tired from all the shitposting here????
User avatar #88172 to #88171 - garymotherfingoak (09/21/2014) [-]
If i frrequented the board, i suppose i would be.
#88173 to #88172 - syrianassassin (09/21/2014) [-]
then i will make it better.

whatley brought good discussion
User avatar #88146 to #88096 - ribocoon (09/21/2014) [-]
I love how you made a distinction between furries and scalies
so politically correct you're becoming
#88121 to #88096 - cleverguy (09/20/2014) [-]
> Religion board is not to prove or disprove the existence of a deity. The discussion of the potential existence of a God shouldn't take place in threads unrelated to it.

> your job is here to get a proof for existence of god

User avatar #88145 to #88121 - ribocoon (09/21/2014) [-]
I guess it's supposed to prevent inevitable atheist circle jerking
It's probably not the best solution, but it works for now
User avatar #88122 to #88121 - syrianassassin (09/20/2014) [-]
>>>>>only for atheists


but yeah i was thinking about the contradiction here
#88100 to #88096 - joshlol (09/20/2014) [-]
All the single furries
All the single furries
All the single furries
now put your paws up
User avatar #88107 to #88106 - joshlol (09/20/2014) [-]
purrrrfect
#88103 to #88100 - syrianassassin (09/20/2014) [-]
i want to make this board fresh again

even stop arguing with cleverguy cause we aint doing shit except people looking at us like we are a huge assholes i want to make this board fresh again

even stop arguing with cleverguy cause we aint doing shit except people looking at us like we are a huge assholes
User avatar #88095 - KINGOFTHESTARS (09/20/2014) [-]
Atheist:

> how can i convince people that im not delusional?
>how can i convince people that i am not evil?
>goes outside
> attempts to tell everyone about atheism
>goes on a rampage calling everyone 32 flavors of stupid

>when confronted, uses the cop out of "im just so frustrated"
>goes on internet
#88109 to #88095 - Sunset (09/20/2014) [-]
**Sunset rolled image**
User avatar #88104 to #88095 - abstractpink (09/20/2014) [-]
what are u on about lad
User avatar #88101 to #88095 - joshlol (09/20/2014) [-]
abstractpink get a load of this retard lmao
User avatar #88094 - KINGOFTHESTARS (09/20/2014) [-]
>internet atheists
>only attack Christians

> "hurrrr its all we are familiar with"

>calls Christians lazy, uneducated , and closed-minded



> huuur ive read the Bible
>doesnt realize they look like idiots by supporting verses in the Bible by neckbearding
User avatar #88137 to #88094 - teoragnar (09/20/2014) [-]
You're the worst shitposter I know.
User avatar #88093 - KINGOFTHESTARS (09/20/2014) [-]
How come all the atheists ive encountered were atheists because their lives werent all that great?
User avatar #88118 to #88093 - fishinyourface (09/20/2014) [-]
every athiest I've met has always been arrogant and always needs to absolutely know everything. Be athiest if you want, but do you have to turn into pretentious fuck mode every time you either see a church or hear someone talk about religion even if they're not talking to you? not saying all athiests do this, it's just all the ones I've met
User avatar #88128 to #88118 - deviousdanish ONLINE (09/20/2014) [-]
I am an atheist/apatheist myself and can't stand most of the other assholes I come in contact with that share my lack of belief.
#88112 to #88093 - CIS White Male (09/20/2014) [-]
People with similar circumstances tend gather at one place.
User avatar #88097 to #88093 - alekksandar (09/20/2014) [-]
It's because their lives aren't bad enough. When their lives become worse, they'll see their mistakes.
User avatar #88092 - KINGOFTHESTARS (09/20/2014) [-]
>atheist
>tells people what is and isnt religion
>posts atheism
>atheism isnt a religion
User avatar #88089 - syrianassassin (09/20/2014) [-]
i think i will welcome everyone in the board,vi need rules. anyone have an idea?

i made new rules because some rules sucks. and i unbanned everyone and even atheists who cam there make a decent discussion

atheists are welcomed, but you are here to listen for god proof and not to disprove god.
NO POLITICS, NO JIDF OR MIDF OR CIDF OR AIDF
no godamn ahaha you are jew xDDDDDDD holocaust xDDDDDDDDD

this board is for discussing religion and not holocaust and shit

NO ANIME
NO PONIES
NO HATE SPEECH

you will not say the holy book is not a valid source of your answers because it is not proven by scientist.

everyone have an opinion on his religion, so stop being an asshole and go full rage like the religion they are in is stupid while you are acting like a massive faggot.


you can edit this laws here and tell me if i should add more
#88091 to #88090 - syrianassassin (09/20/2014) [-]
yes no ponies. no politics. no SJW. no anime (it belongs in the trash). no furries.
#88098 to #88091 - alekksandar (09/20/2014) [-]
at least scalies aren't furries
User avatar #88099 to #88098 - syrianassassin (09/20/2014) [-]
2late

now they are not allowed
 Friends (0)