x
Click to expand
Latest users (1): stigus, anonymous(38).
User avatar #633858 to #633854 - mettih (1 hour ago) [-]
use cotton guard
User avatar #633856 to #633854 - pretztail (2 hours ago) [-]
Slurp is one of my favorite mons to battle with. The wifi sweeps are real. So sad when he is statused. :<
User avatar #633855 to #633854 - ancientchaos (2 hours ago) [-]
i also like to live dangerously
#633852 - anonexplains (4 hours ago) [-]
qualles son tus pokemones?
User avatar #633845 - spoperman (8 hours ago) [-]
I've never really been good at Pokemon battles, sure I can reck the AI trainers but when I get online I don't do very well. I don't want to go competitive or breed uber pokemon, I just want to know if my team is any good or if I should change it yet again

Lvl 55 Electivire. Adamant. Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Low Kick, Thunder Punch.
Lvl 55 Sharpedo. Speed Boost, Quirky. Skull Bash, Ice Fang, Surf, Dive. Rocky Helmet.
Lvl 55 Emboar. Reckless. Hardy. Flare Blitz, Hold Back, Head Smash, Take Down. Focus Band
Lvl 66 Metagross. Timid. Clear Body. Psychic, Iron Head, Hammer Arm, Iron Defense. Metagrossite
Lvl 70 Sceptile. Calm. Overgrow. False Swipe, Frenzy Plant, Leaf Blade, Grass Knot. Sceptilite
Lvl 80 Tyrantrum. Quiet. Strong Jaw. Thrash, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Horn Drill

I've won a few random battles with this team but I lose a majority of the time. Any moves I should change? What pokemon should I switch out? I have a Doublade I wanted to use in my team but didn't because I already have the one steel type.

Also, where are the Move Tutors and Move Forgetters in AS? And whats the best way to quickly level up my Pokes? I suppose using a Hidden Base would work?
User avatar #633853 to #633845 - ajrin (4 hours ago) [-]
Electivire is shit, use Earthquake, Wild Charge, Cross Chop, Ice Punch
Sharpedo got a shit nature, he needs Adamant, take away Skull Bash for Protect, Waterfall instead of Surf, Crunch instead of Dive.
Emboar should have Superpowerinstead of Hold Back and Earthquake if jolly/adamnt and if not Overheat. give it Choice Scarf instead and invest in Spe EVs cause that shit ain't tanky.
Metagross got a shit nature, he needs Jolly if you mega, get rid of psychic and give him Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash instead of Iron Head, Bullet Punch instead of Hammer Arm, cause hammer arm really only works for pre-mega.
Sceptile, lose this shit if you're using Metagross cause you already have a mega.
Tyrantrum should Have Adamant nature, lose Thrash for Fire Fang and lose Horn Drill for Stone Edge

If you want to play competitive you make a competitive team, it's common knowledge
User avatar #633849 to #633845 - kyouko (6 hours ago) [-]
Electivre is shit, Sharpedo is only okay at best (when it has a good moveset, which yours doesn't. Waterfall, Crunch, Earthquake and Protect is the best way to use him), I didn't know Hold Back even was a move, so its gotta be shit, metagross is good if it has metagrossite, if not then don't use it, sceptile should never be physical, tyrantrum without Roch Head Head Smash sucks.

User avatar #633848 to #633845 - alicorn (6 hours ago) [-]
Lose electivire, it's shit

sharpedo needs waterfall instead of surf, protect instead of skull bash, and crunch instead of dive

Emboar needs wilds charge instead of hold back

Replace metagross for the sword. aegislash it bretty gud

sceptile works better with special moves to take advantage of that ability

Strong jaw dino needs the fang moves or any biting attack. if you're using rock head dino, Head Smash and EQ are all you need. dragon dance works well on both too

Move tutors are at the battle resort. Best way to level up are blissey Secret bases, dozens of QR codes exist for them
User avatar #633846 to #633845 - makotoitou (7 hours ago) [-]
>electivire
tbolt and twave are trash on him, and it's a pretty trash pokemon
>sharpedo
skull bash and surf and garbage on him, and >rocky helmet
>emboar
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hold back
>metagross
Psychic ic trash, and iron defense is lels at best
>sceptile
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>false swipes
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2 megastones
>tyrantrum
where da rock moves at?
#633844 - alicorn (8 hours ago) [-]
Nips are literally the worst people to battle online. every time i taunt their lead they bitch out, especially if it's smeargle
User avatar #633839 - alpacalypse (11 hours ago) [-]
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-214109646

"absol is useless without a mega"
User avatar #633850 to #633839 - kyouko (6 hours ago) [-]
Now try to beat someone that knows how to play.
#633841 to #633839 - anonexplains (9 hours ago) [-]
Mako is right, even showderp would've beaten this guy
User avatar #633840 to #633839 - makotoitou (10 hours ago) [-]
>1150
>icy wind
>scald swampert
anything works against shitters
User avatar #633834 - rokkarokkaali (12 hours ago) [-]
noot
#633835 to #633834 - anonexplains (12 hours ago) [-]
nice me.me
User avatar #633825 - sushininja (14 hours ago) [-]
What's the meta and reccomended set for Mega Metagross?
I may want agility for a late game sweep too.

Also question for anyone with Majora's Mask If you own it, do you have it for the 3ds or the New 3ds? If you have it for the normal 3ds, is it still good?
User avatar #633851 to #633825 - kyouko (6 hours ago) [-]
Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Hammer Arm and Grass Knot.

Agiligross isn't great in this meta.
User avatar #633831 to #633825 - alicorn (12 hours ago) [-]
Agility+3 attacks and all out attacker are the only ones i ever see

Hone claws set works too
User avatar #633830 to #633825 - foreveranonymous ONLINE (12 hours ago) [-]
I have Majora's Mask twice on the N64, once on GameCube, and twice on 3DS, what's your question, I don't understand
User avatar #633837 to #633830 - linkofcourage (12 hours ago) [-]
From what I understand he's asking if he should get the new 3ds or just play it on his normal 3ds. I'm getting mine tomorrow so I'm gonna back the fuck out of here
User avatar #633838 to #633837 - foreveranonymous ONLINE (11 hours ago) [-]
If that's true then I'd get a regular 3DS, which is what I have. The New 3DS doesn't add much, only comes in XL (in America), is more expensive, and probably won't have many exclusives. It doesn't seem worth it
#633842 to #633838 - anonexplains (9 hours ago) [-]
The old XL is totally worth it though, it's going to drop now that the new 3ds is out
User avatar #633829 to #633825 - fitemeirlbro ONLINE (13 hours ago) [-]
Give it no moves and you will win
#633827 to #633825 - alpacalypse (13 hours ago) [-]
2015 game of the year
User avatar #633828 to #633827 - sushininja (13 hours ago) [-]
alpacalypse plz
User avatar #633821 - alpacalypse (16 hours ago) [-]
trying out uu again, what are they suspect testing?

replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-214057364
User avatar #633823 to #633821 - shedinja (14 hours ago) [-]
The snake
User avatar #633824 to #633823 - alpacalypse (14 hours ago) [-]
serp is the new greninja
User avatar #633822 to #633821 - derpityhurr (15 hours ago) [-]
serperior
#633815 - sekundab (20 hours ago) [-]
Hi guys, me again. Finishing my Sinnoh pokedex in ORAS (completing living dex) and the last ones I need (except for Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus, which you probably wont trade me because I dont have lots of shinies to offer) are Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Porygon Z, Dusknoir, Palkia and a Giratina. I have a 5IV Gible, Honedge, Gastly, 4IV Ralts, then a Latios, a Cobalion and a Terrakion.
User avatar #633826 to #633815 - mlgxxsniperleetxx (14 hours ago) [-]
I have 6 IV gible, honedge, and ghastly.
#633847 to #633826 - anonexplains (7 hours ago) [-]
User avatar #633814 - sexymossant ONLINE (22 hours ago) [-]
anyone have a light clay that they can trade? ive been searching claydols for way to long
User avatar #633812 - fatbenpoops ONLINE (02/26/2015) [-]
What is IV and EV
User avatar #633816 to #633812 - kyouko (20 hours ago) [-]
IVs: talent
EVs: hardwork
User avatar #633813 to #633812 - gothictomato ONLINE (23 hours ago) [-]
EVs & IVs = extra stats for a pokemon.
EVs are the ones you train for and IVs are what you breed for.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u_37RK-mFA guys kind of a loser but at least he makes it simple
#633808 - anonexplains (02/26/2015) [-]
Best pokemon game
#633801 - anonexplains (02/26/2015) [-]
**anonymous used "*roll picture*"****anonymous rolled image** who is that pokemon?
**anonymous used "*roll picture*"**
**anonymous rolled image** who is that pokemon?
User avatar #633791 - luigipimp (02/26/2015) [-]
is it true power bracer and the others help with iv when you breed? how do i know i have a good one to get max stats?
User avatar #633833 to #633791 - pretztail (12 hours ago) [-]
Did you meme me, bro?
User avatar #633836 to #633833 - luigipimp (12 hours ago) [-]
what?
#633817 to #633791 - anonexplains (19 hours ago) [-]
This is the third time you've asked this same question

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_breeding
READ, NIGGA, READ
User avatar #633809 to #633791 - ajrin (02/26/2015) [-]
it feels like all you do is come here and ask the same dumb question every time
User avatar #633796 to #633791 - mlgxxsniperleetxx (02/26/2015) [-]
Idk bro, every Pokemon I catch has perfect IV's already.
#633798 to #633796 - anonexplains (02/26/2015) [-]
get a load of this fuckin nerd
User avatar #633792 to #633791 - pretztail (02/26/2015) [-]
The EV items guarantee the stat they enhance is passed down. So the Power Bracer guarantees the Attack stat is passed on. As far as how you tell who has a good stat, you can go to a judge (Kiloude City Pokemon Center in X/Y an Battle Resort Pokemon Center in ORAS) and he will tell you how good your stats are. I recommend using a Destiny Knot over the Power items though, as the Destiny Knot with pass on 5 Ivs from the parents instead of just 1.
User avatar #633785 - friedflounder (02/25/2015) [-]
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-213811191
does this guy even know what pokemon is
>aqua tail and water pulse on slowbro
>mirror shot on magneziggy
wat
User avatar #633788 to #633785 - ajrin (02/26/2015) [-]
I like to use mirror shot on magezone tho
no one expects it
#633793 to #633788 - anonexplains (02/26/2015) [-]
>mirror shot magnezone

i'm glad you meant mirror coat, but magnet pull/HP fire is better than sturdy
User avatar #633789 to #633788 - friedflounder (02/26/2015) [-]
but muh accuracy
flash cannon is the same thing but stronger and more accurate

the accuracy drop is nice though
User avatar #633790 to #633789 - ajrin (02/26/2015) [-]
oh wait I mixed up mirror coat and mirror shot
User avatar #633771 - kanatana ONLINE (02/25/2015) [-]
Hooooraaaaayy I have a Pokemon content in the Top 40 right now. Happy dance.
User avatar #633797 to #633771 - mlgxxsniperleetxx (02/26/2015) [-]
That's cool bro. Every video game content I post gets #1.
User avatar #633781 to #633771 - makotoitou (02/25/2015) [-]
but fire starters suck

except emboar is an OG nigga
#633765 - megasharkman (02/25/2015) [-]
Best pokemon
User avatar #633769 to #633765 - friedflounder (02/25/2015) [-]
wellitstrue.meme
#633763 - anonexplains (02/25/2015) [-]
Anyone willing to trade a Zapdos for my Diancie?
User avatar #633748 - dohnut (02/25/2015) [-]
Any recomendations to catch/breed shiny pokemon?
Is it really just the masuda method and make a fuck ton of eggs and dex nav to chain?

I have never gotten a shiny in all my time playing pokemon and I just want to find one
#633756 to #633748 - unitedabominations (02/25/2015) [-]
Dexnav is a theory. Results are determined via luck

MM is good once you have the shiny charm, I've found multiple horde farming, and system resetting works for legendaries that aren't shiny locked.
User avatar #633757 to #633756 - dohnut (02/25/2015) [-]
Thanks for the info!
I have tried MM without a shiny charm and have not been successful. Getting the charm just seems like an almost impossible task...
I will look into horde farming, I have not given that a try yet
User avatar #633759 to #633757 - shedinja (02/25/2015) [-]
you can get a shiny charm without the event pokemon. Plua it's easy to fill the Dex, slap up a starter on the gts for any base form poke and then just evolve it.

people will trade their spare legendaries for any high leveled OU pokemon, you probably have most of them already
User avatar #633761 to #633759 - dohnut (02/25/2015) [-]
Huh very true! I ought to make that my next mission.
I have a few legendary duplicates from old games that I could trade off for other legendaries that I don't have and then do exactly what you said. I like it
Thanks for the advice!
User avatar #633760 to #633759 - shedinja (02/25/2015) [-]
I should also mention people will take your trade instantly if it's reasonable.
User avatar #633762 to #633760 - dohnut (02/25/2015) [-]
Good to know!!
#633758 to #633757 - unitedabominations (02/25/2015) [-]
It's fun and easy. Just take any Pokemon (I use Talonflame with Incinerate) that has a move that hits everything.

Or do it while training. One will pop out sooner or later.