hide menu

Show:   Highest Rated Newest

#146646 - grimgrey (20 hours ago) [-]
Smokerfag here guys. I was wondering if E-Cigarettes had the same effect after smoking as regular cigarettes. I'm not really taking about flavour, but you know how after you eat a very large meal or after sex how a cigarette really helps complete the whole thing? I'm wondering if E-Cigs have the same effect.
User avatar #146739 to #146646 - gandaalf (2 hours ago) [-]
no way
vaping actually seriously sucks
you don't feel shit at all
User avatar #146671 to #146646 - nippuhl (9 hours ago) [-]
If you're getting a nicotine vape, no it's not.
I smoked cigarettes for two years and the liquid nicotine made me feel the worst I ever have.
It's stupid.
User avatar #146666 to #146646 - inspiteofsprite ONLINE (10 hours ago) [-]
Vaping is a huge waste of money. If you're gonna vape, vape weed. You'll get all the effects and your lungs will thank you
User avatar #146679 to #146666 - grimgrey (8 hours ago) [-]
Alright, thanks. Na, I'm just going to try to quit in general then.
User avatar #146672 to #146666 - inspiteofsprite ONLINE (9 hours ago) [-]
To answer the question, no.
Vaping is like watered down piss beer (Bud Light, Coors, etc), you probably won't feel any effect at all. If you're not willing to smoke weed or quit smoking overall, stick with cigs, at least you'll feel something.
#146647 to #146646 - saltybanana (20 hours ago) [-]
well i had friends who do the vape thing now a days, and say its not the same. just a wasste of money IMO

friend of mine was a big smoker, and tried those vape/e-cigarettes just went back to cigarettes. its like having sex, but with a condom on. its safe but not the same.

User avatar #146643 - cazabrow ONLINE (20 hours ago) [-]
Hey fellas, yesterday I was doing a bunch of pull-ups and on my final one I must've had horrible form because all of a sudden I felt an intense pain in my neck and left shoulder muscles. The rest of that day I spent trying not to move them at all, and last night I could only sleep on my right side, because any pressure on those muscles causes crippling pain.

Any ideas on the best way to treat this? I've applied a heat gel, taken standard doses of painkillers and tried to relax it as much as possible. There anything else I should try in order to haste the recovery?
User avatar #146663 to #146643 - robertolee (12 hours ago) [-]
If you can't put pressure on it, it actually sounds abit like a tear, may not be though. Avoid painkillers, even though you want to avoid pain you need to know where it hurts. Don't put heat on it, try icing it and just rest. Just take your time and eat clean.
User avatar #146649 to #146643 - alecbaldwinning ONLINE (20 hours ago) [-]
Warms ups and stretching is even more important than the workout itself.
User avatar #146648 to #146643 - saltybanana (20 hours ago) [-]
probably pulled something, i wouldnt worry about it much. it your body telling you it needs rest. that or you need to properly warm up happen to me last time cause i really didnt warm up

just rest it out for a couple of days. try using arnica gel. helps me alot when i feel like i pulled something.
User avatar #146645 to #146643 - teoberry (20 hours ago) [-]
Likely a form fuck up.
User avatar #146644 to #146643 - awesomerninjathing (20 hours ago) [-]
you could have strained your neck or something, I got that once (well I think it's what you have)

User avatar #146641 - ishallsmiteyou (21 hours ago) [-]
easy ways to shift sleeping patterns? can't keep getting up at noon, and I can't keep going to sleep at 2.
User avatar #146667 to #146641 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx (10 hours ago) [-]
It's kinda tough, and takes a lot of dedication to do so:

First, pick a scheduled time to go to sleep.
Trying for 10pm? Great. Cut out all electronics at 6pm.
No phone. No computer. No 3DS/ PSP.
Maybe TV. Although if you really want it to work, cut out TV as well.

Next, get some Melatonin and Tylenol.
Take Tylenol and Melatonin together and you will get extremely drowsy and fall asleep fairly quickly. Take it 30mins before the preferred time of sleep.

And finally, maybe stay up the entire day before starting this.
So if you were to stay up until tomorrow night, then sleep, it would help you immensely.
#146650 to #146641 - saltybanana (20 hours ago) [-]
just do a new sleep scdual, try going to sleep at 8, eventually you will knock out around 10ish

i use a tea that knocks me out, its called sleepy time tea. works like a charm i drink it when i have an exam the next day. puts you to sleep in 20-30min
User avatar #146642 to #146641 - inspiteofsprite ONLINE (21 hours ago) [-]
Force a new pattern. You'll eventually adapt
User avatar #146634 - tazpy ONLINE (22 hours ago) [-]
I need an easy to make fly trap. These damn things are all over. I can't do the jar+paper cone+sugar water thing because we don't have any sugar.
User avatar #146640 to #146634 - ishallsmiteyou (21 hours ago) [-]
Strip of duct tape with something sugary smeared on it.
User avatar #146635 to #146634 - tazpy ONLINE (22 hours ago) [-]
Could soda be used as a replacement to the sugar water?
User avatar #146636 to #146635 - teoberry (22 hours ago) [-]
What's the ratio of sugar to water that you're supposed to use? Like how many cups of sugar or whatever to how much water you need.
User avatar #146638 to #146636 - tazpy ONLINE (22 hours ago) [-]
It simply says "Pour the sugar syrup in the jar."
No directions on a ratio, but another source says to pour 5 tablespoons of sugar into a pot with enough water to cover the sugar. The soda I have is an off-brand Mountain Dew with 50g of sugar a can.
User avatar #146639 to #146638 - teoberry (22 hours ago) [-]
Yeah, that's more than enough, since a tbsp of sugar is like 4 grams
User avatar #146626 - aczzoh ONLINE (23 hours ago) [-]
I'm being oppressed by the patriarchy. Wat do?
User avatar #146637 to #146626 - soupkittenagain (22 hours ago) [-]
Go on tumblr. I'm sure they'll be happy to help. Although if your appearance is that of a white male. Just say you identify as Antarctica.
User avatar #146625 - moistnuggests ONLINE (23 hours ago) [-]
Anyone else having problems seeing the purple reply lines in FJ? Kind of difficult to follow who's replying to who without them.
User avatar #146631 to #146625 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx (22 hours ago) [-]
Something must be wrong with the website's CSS on your behalf.
Check your extensions, man.

Try disabling all extensions/ addons, clearing cache, and trying FunnyJunk again.
User avatar #146619 - ishallsmiteyou (23 hours ago) [-]
really bad fucking allergies, sneezing every 30 seconds, can't breathe, eyes creating a small ocean on floor. halp
#146651 to #146619 - saltybanana (20 hours ago) [-]
take alavert. its a allegie pill that works in seconds.
its a bit pricey but it gets the job done. and it dissolves in your mouth
User avatar #146630 to #146619 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx (22 hours ago) [-]
DayQuil
NyQuil
Tylenol
Water
Sleep.

Make that part of your daily routine.
Tylenol to make you drowsy quickly and fall asleep, and NyQuil to keep you asleep.
DayQuil, NyQuil, and Tylenol will suppress the symptoms.
User avatar #146620 to #146619 - ishallsmiteyou (23 hours ago) [-]
and no meds I've tried have worked at all
User avatar #146628 to #146620 - inspiteofsprite ONLINE (23 hours ago) [-]
If over-the-counter isn't working, go the doctors. Also take a hot shower to help clear up your nose
User avatar #146622 to #146620 - moistnuggests ONLINE (23 hours ago) [-]
If meds aren't working nothing will, trust me I'm in the same boat.

-Sometimes orange juice or tea (peppermint is best) with lemon, vitamin C works for allergies as well
-Wash your face (around the nose area especially) regularly and I'd also recommend a long hot bath.
-Nose drops that deal with inflammation as well as congestion or at least congestion, the ones I use are from Russia and only available from very few venders in the US. There are three that I've tried but I can't read their names except for Naftizin
-When all else fails head to the doctor to get a prescription strength drugs
User avatar #146617 - daxrated ONLINE (23 hours ago) [-]
Is this an alright place to ask for advice on using FJ? I'm terrified at all the colors atm. I don't think I wanted to go to New York after all. >.>
User avatar #146674 to #146617 - nippuhl (8 hours ago) [-]
This post makes no fucking sense.
User avatar #146632 to #146617 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx (22 hours ago) [-]
There are two basic website architectures.

1) Flashy, quick, simple, and clean.
Most notably blogs.
They're simple websites that have no functionality. Not designed for a user-account system. Not designed for people to join as part of a community. Not designed for people to get on daily.

2) Functionality.
Look at Reddit and FunnyJunk. It's a cluster and it's hard to get used to at first; There is a learning curve.
Yet it's tailored so there can be functionality, and users, and everything else.
It's made for people to stay on for hours on end, and to come back daily.
User avatar #146633 to #146632 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx (22 hours ago) [-]
Then there's super popular websites whom have perfected this mix of Design and Functionality.

Such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

But namely, websites will lean more on one side over the other. As if they are oil and water.
As if you just can't have both... Even though you clearly can.
#146686 to #146633 - anonymous (8 hours ago) [-]
>youtube
>perfected design
User avatar #146629 to #146617 - daxrated ONLINE (22 hours ago) [-]
Yeah, mainly just overwhelmed at all the buttons and options. I'll just have to take a deep breath and get used to the FJ at my own pace.
User avatar #146624 to #146617 - thatnigger (23 hours ago) [-]
As in its bright and you think you won't fit in in New York. Honestly, America is huge, so you're likely to at least meet a few people you'll enjoy being friends with there. Just keep an eye out I guess.
User avatar #146621 to #146617 - ishallsmiteyou (23 hours ago) [-]
why the hell are you terrified of colours?
#146615 - anonymous (23 hours ago) [-]
Allright, gonna try to make this short.

Female best friend. Known her for about two years. Internet based. Were super insanely close for quite some time, but recently it's all gone to shit. I know where I made a few fuckups but I've genuinely been better about it as far as I can tell. But I've been wanting to talk to her lately, just literally conversation about some things I've been doing but it's ALWAYS ending with her making an excuse about why she can't talk and it's frustrating as hell. I always make time for her when she comes to me with problems and yet as soon as I do so much as ask for her acknowledgement, she flips over to acting like she doesn't want to know me. It's infuriating to feel so disrespected, and when I tell her that I feel that way, she immediately flips it around and makes it seem like I'm being a monster and I genuinely don't understand why she has that point of view.
User avatar #146675 to #146615 - nippuhl (8 hours ago) [-]
You cannot have a best friend over the internet.
Get over it.
#146652 to #146615 - saltybanana (19 hours ago) [-]
duuuude move on, this chick basically thinks and only cares about her self only

had the same problem with a friend of mine i knew for years. when his gf left him, i was there to talk to him and cheer him up, but when i broke up with my ex, that muthaphacka wasnt no where to be found.

dude that isnt a friend at all, just leave her. if your too much of a vagina to leave her. den just keep her as a friend, nothing more than a friend. if she need a shoulder to cry on just ignore her, she will get the message. shouldn't be taking her shit like that man.
duuuude move on, this chick basically thinks and only cares about her self only

#146661 to #146652 - anonymous (12 hours ago) [-]
I get where you're coming from, dude. Like. I care about her as a friend and I won't ditch her, ever, but I suppose it's in my best interest to give as minimal of a fuck about her as I can for awhile. I guess she'll come to the realization that I'm not some sort of monster sooner or later.
#146616 to #146615 - anonymous (23 hours ago) [-]
TLR my friend is treating me like shit and won't talk to me, and I'm not even being pushy about it or anything. She's just being the polar opposite of the awesome friend she used to be.

Wat do? It really sucks.
User avatar #146623 to #146616 - thatnigger (23 hours ago) [-]
Does she still talk to you about her own problem?
If so, that's not friendship, she's using you at this point. She's not communicating as well so it won't last very long before you get so mad you leave by yourself anyway. Friendships, like relationships require communication to work and if she's not going to talk about why she's acting like that and not willing to talk it out and get over it, I think you should just find other friends.
#146613 - puzekatt has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #146606 - playerdous (07/25/2014) [-]
Any advice on remembering passwords from 7 years ago, tried old notes but they're all tossed.
User avatar #146611 to #146606 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx (07/25/2014) [-]
I'm assuming you do not have the email linked to it anymore, eh?

I would start from the very basics and work your way from there.
User avatar #146612 to #146611 - playerdous (23 hours ago) [-]
thanks
User avatar #146603 - hotrodman (07/25/2014) [-]
Any EMTs here? I'm going to apply to my local EMU (dropping off my application in like half an hour or so) and figured I could use some advice.
User avatar #146657 to #146603 - fukkenbisharp (15 hours ago) [-]
better get ready to see some fucked up shit

and be ready to believe your time is being wasted because you might get some calls where you arent really needed but protocol is that you need to be there
User avatar #146685 to #146657 - hotrodman (8 hours ago) [-]
yeah i figured as much, some people will probably have their guts hanging out and others will call because they stubbed their toe.

I had my interview last night and I think it went well. I could be wrong but I think he's going to accept me because at the end he was talking about when he'd call me, and he was saying "when i call you" not "if i call you" but as I said, I could be wrong because maybe that's just the way he talks.
User avatar #146585 - braindeadmetalhead (07/25/2014) [-]
outside right now is a yellow color, and it also smells like burning plastic.

Anyone have a clue? Shits got me paranoid.
User avatar #146604 to #146585 - playerdous (07/25/2014) [-]
It most likely is something burning, do you live near a forest/reclamation plant?
User avatar #146596 to #146585 - makotoitou ONLINE (07/25/2014) [-]
ur mums period
User avatar #146593 to #146585 - awesomerninjathing (07/25/2014) [-]
it's a nuke bro rip
User avatar #146582 - trollypollyz (07/25/2014) [-]
captainlevi has helped me down 1 comment level. I still have 200 more before I get to negative thumbs. What should I do next guys?
User avatar #146627 to #146582 - captainlevi ONLINE (23 hours ago) [-]
gg
User avatar #146676 to #146627 - nippuhl (8 hours ago) [-]
Damn you are a f*cking epic troll man
#146605 to #146582 - anonymous (07/25/2014) [-]
Post black chicks in nsfw, but only 20 at a time so they can max out the thumbs and black nights don't have time to upvote it.
User avatar #146600 to #146582 - alexanderburns ONLINE (07/25/2014) [-]
sasha > captainlevi
User avatar #146586 to #146582 - derpityhurr (07/25/2014) [-]
try harder
User avatar #146590 to #146586 - trollypollyz (07/25/2014) [-]
so fucking hard
User avatar #146589 to #146586 - trollypollyz (07/25/2014) [-]
I'll try so fucking hard
User avatar #146588 to #146586 - trollypollyz (07/25/2014) [-]
I will babey
#146584 to #146582 - anonymous (07/25/2014) [-]
post women giving birth in NSFW sections. They dont like to see it
User avatar #146587 to #146584 - trollypollyz (07/25/2014) [-]
HUEHUEHUE
User avatar #146573 - hoponthefeelstrain (07/24/2014) [-]
so me and a friend bought burnout paradise so we could race each other and I can prove I'm superior but the game won't let us invite friends. We've both been looking around and apparently it's a common problem, neither of us has found a solution. Do you guys think you can help? Also stoicnick says hi.
#146578 to #146573 - iridium has deleted their comment [-]
#146569 - anonymous (07/24/2014) [-]
For some reason, I feel like my friends are really immature. Like, whenever we hang out in public they're always really loud and retarded which is cool sometimes but has made me feel really embarrassed lately. is this normal? What should I do?
User avatar #146579 to #146569 - iridium (07/25/2014) [-]
Get more mature friends. Or when they're being loud and obnoxious, say "Hey I'm right here you don't need to yell."
User avatar #146571 to #146569 - jokekill (07/24/2014) [-]
stop smoking pot
#146568 - karrikoto (07/24/2014) [-]
fine, thanks to that gif i have your attention. greetings, i seek your advice. i lurked funnyjunk for about five years now without ever making an account. now that i've finally decided to make one, i immediately regret this decision and here's why: I tried to befriend me with this situation and tried to make witty comments and gain pinkies but bottom line is, this costs me too much nerves. since i'm obviously too stupid to find the "delete account" button i beseech you to help me out and release me to anonymoushood again.

TL;DR how do i quit fj

TL;DR how do i quit fj
User avatar #146595 to #146568 - awesomerninjathing (07/25/2014) [-]
you can't delete your account anymore I think

just don't log in, delete all cookies from here
#146575 to #146568 - WtfStrawberries ONLINE (07/24/2014) [-]
How about you just dont login?
How about you just dont login?
#146570 to #146568 - karrikoto (07/24/2014) [-]
oh yeah, almost forgot: inb4 kill yourself and inb4 mr. bones wild ride never ends
#146567 - anonymous (07/24/2014) [-]
Hey Advice board.
I'm an 18 year old guy with very thick dark, hair, that seems to grow incredibly quickly and I hate it.
The only hair cut-style I think I've ever had is a number 4 back and sides with scissors on top.
While admittedly it looks fine for the first 2 weeks or so, after that it just looks horribly messy, or if I try and brush down my head looks a really odd square shape and its just urgh

So I'm tired of only looking presentable for 2 out of every 5 or so weeks and want a new cut that will last me longer. Especially now that I'm starting university in October and the frequency of my haircuts will likely decrease.

After a generic google search of 'man with thick hair' I found this photo which I think shows the type of hair on my head quite well. My actual head looks about 1000x lamer at all times, if it looked half as good as this doods I wouldn't be complaining obligatory nohomo
#146608 to #146567 - saltybanana (07/25/2014) [-]
i have the same problem i do a comb over hair cut, and it looks great IMO

it leaves the top long and the sides bald. try it out one day. i usually have to cut my hair every week due to it growing incredibly fast.

this is how i want it to be, but i never have time to fix my hair.
User avatar #146677 to #146608 - nippuhl (8 hours ago) [-]
Literally all you need to do is put a good product in your hands and run it through your hair, then comb it up.
Takes under a minute.
User avatar #146607 to #146567 - trocadero (07/25/2014) [-]
I get essentially the same cut. Once it starts getting longer I spike it at the front. and once it's too long for that I give it a little flip back. As long as you keep it brushed it looks fine. And the longer hair actually doesn't look so bad if you keep a little stubble. Like but a personal set of clippers and use a number 1 every couple weeks.
User avatar #146597 to #146567 - awesomerninjathing (07/25/2014) [-]
shave the sides short and leave the top long
User avatar #146580 to #146567 - iridium (07/25/2014) [-]
Just keep it styled and gelled. See if you can't get it straightened. Really though, just keep it well groomed and it should be fine. Often times we see flaws in ourselves that others don't (or dont care about) so don't stress out so much.
User avatar #146560 - beatmasterz (07/24/2014) [-]
I'm going to skype with a girl I've never met in real life. I'm nervous, the fuck do I say? My english sucks.
User avatar #146564 to #146560 - aesis (07/24/2014) [-]
Get drunk. Not to the point where you're an idiot but to the point of "nicely drunk".
User avatar #146563 to #146560 - moarpotatos (07/24/2014) [-]
"ey beb u wunt sum fuk?"
#146555 - pedobearseviltwin (07/24/2014) [-]
Really cute girl,
met her at a bar and got her phone number through an old friend of mine.
so we started talking and talking and we have sent each other over 3500 texts in the last month or so.
Now the weird thing is, some days she gives me compliments and acts really nice and sweet, and other days she just seems to be cold and kinda disinterested.
Some days she texts first but usually its me, although we usually keep the convo going
anyone have experience with things like this?
User avatar #146581 to #146555 - iridium (07/25/2014) [-]
Like ninja said; hang out more.

And don't force conversations on texts, or one of you might just get tired of eachother. I had that exact same problem.

Are the days where she seems cold and disheartened because she legitimately is being that way or are you just thinking that because she isn't being super sweet every day that she is just being cold instead?
User avatar #146655 to #146581 - pedobearseviltwin (17 hours ago) [-]
Hey man, thanks for the reply!
I kinda keep trying to force conversations indeed, because its a girl I'd love to get to know even better, and every time I ask to do something, shes always out with friends or busy.
We should go watch a movie together later this week though, so I hope that goes well.
User avatar #146565 to #146555 - awesomerninjathing (07/24/2014) [-]
girls are fucking weird lol

you should be hanging out with her more in person
User avatar #146654 to #146565 - pedobearseviltwin (17 hours ago) [-]
Haha I know right, thanks for the reply though!
Problem is, I kinda knew she was crushing on me from the start, so it seems weird how she can be so distant. Usually she says shes busy or something when i ask her out, we should be watching a movie together pretty soon though.
User avatar #146566 to #146565 - awesomerninjathing (07/24/2014) [-]
that way in person you can see how she actually responds to whatever you say emotionally and shit