hide menu

Show:   Highest Rated Top Rated Newest

User avatar #22487 - dragontamers (10 hours ago) [-]
Just when I thought I had grownout of my asthma it decidedto rear it's ugly head during my run this morning
User avatar #22482 - darkbladept (14 hours ago) [-]
What do you guys think about the FocusT25?
#22478 - TokenWhiteKid (15 hours ago) [-]
>go to the gym early today
>only eat a banana, some juice, and a cup of coffee before going
>no energy, not focused
>supposed to ohp 115lbs for 3x5 today but only managed 4 reps first set, 3 reps second set, and 2 the third set

>mfw don't know if I should deload or try again

#22486 to #22478 - baglesbites (10 hours ago) [-]
I remember morning workouts. If you're not used to them, you won't feel great. Just try and focus for your next workout
User avatar #22481 to #22478 - marinepenguin (15 hours ago) [-]
Everyone has off days. Deloading every time you feel crappy is never a good idea.
#22476 - europe (16 hours ago) [-]
>muscular chick at the gym
Forgive me father for I am about to sin
#22470 - KungFuZerO (17 hours ago) [-]
Alright studbeefpile, I hit 270 on bench yesterday. Your turn.
User avatar #22480 to #22470 - marinepenguin (15 hours ago) [-]
Tfw benching only 235 touch and go
#22488 to #22480 - KungFuZerO (8 hours ago) [-]
Small lever arms bro. Cheat mode.
User avatar #22489 to #22488 - marinepenguin (6 hours ago) [-]
Tfw long levers from a 6'6 wingspan
User avatar #22490 to #22489 - studbeefpile (5 hours ago) [-]
I'm telling you dude, you could have a siiiick deadlift.

How much can you pull right now?
User avatar #22491 to #22490 - marinepenguin (5 hours ago) [-]
Oh I believe it. I'm focusing on squat right now with the 20 rep workouts,so deadlifts have been secondary recently and I've been experimenting with different ways of pulling to try and find what's most comfortable. But I've pulled 325 for a triple.
User avatar #22492 to #22491 - studbeefpile (5 hours ago) [-]
I've seen a lot of long armed dudes go for the real narrow foot stance. Might work for you too.
User avatar #22493 to #22492 - marinepenguin (5 hours ago) [-]
That's actually what I've found to be the most comfortable recently. Also I like straight grip right now instead of staggered grip.
User avatar #22494 to #22493 - studbeefpile (4 hours ago) [-]
Using dat dere hook grip?
User avatar #22472 to #22470 - studbeefpile (17 hours ago) [-]
Touch-n-go or paused? 265 paused is still my tested record, but I might be able to get 270 touch-n-go.
#22473 to #22472 - KungFuZerO (17 hours ago) [-]
Touch and go.
User avatar #22474 to #22473 - studbeefpile (16 hours ago) [-]
tsk tsk RED LIGHT!

jk, it's all good. I'll try it soon.
#22468 - lulzformalaysiaair (17 hours ago) [-]
www.treadmillfactory.ca/xtreme-monkey-standard-squat-stand

Curious, could this Squat stand technically too be used for bench (and overhead press a like)? Since the safety bars move up and down and you could line your bench a bit farther.
User avatar #22479 to #22468 - marinepenguin (15 hours ago) [-]
Of course.
#22460 - anonymous (12/19/2014) [-]
breakfast: couple of eggs and an apple
snacks and lunch: celery and carrots
after working out I grill up a chicken breast for dinner
How is this diet for losing weight? tips and guide pls respond
User avatar #22477 to #22460 - TokenWhiteKid (15 hours ago) [-]
lrn2count calories

it doesn't matter what you eat, as long as its on a caloric deficit. If it is, then you'll lose weight.

I wish they actually taught calories in vs calories out in health class.
#22485 to #22477 - anonymous (11 hours ago) [-]
sounds like you dont know what you are talking about
User avatar #22464 to #22460 - avatarsarefornoobs (19 hours ago) [-]
no eggs, yolk is loaded with fat and cholesterol
egg whites or egg beaters would be a good substitute
#22466 to #22464 - anonymous (18 hours ago) [-]
I was told that this diet is a bit malnourished too. what do?
#22475 to #22466 - anonymous (16 hours ago) [-]
What? No this is a horrible approach to this. First of all when you say loose weight what do you mean are you just chubby or one of tumblr's hottest whales? Are you a man, woman, child, cat, dog, cat-dog?

A diet isn't going to help you, changing it will. What you need to look at is what your body's caloric needs to maintain your current weight and eat less than that. Most people (unless you are tumblr sized) do a reduction of about 500 calories. This translates to about a lb a week (It sounds slow but its not taking into account any excersize.)

Go to my fitness pal, it's pretty straight forward. You enter your stats, your goals. Then log your food. It has phone app, it's magical. Don't go crazy and restrict yourself a ton, small changes add up to great things. If you have to abstain from anything abstain from liquid calories (soda, juice, gatorade, slurp.) Look at what your eating before you put it in your face. If you go on too restrictive of a diet you'll give up, eat eggs.
User avatar #22467 to #22466 - avatarsarefornoobs (18 hours ago) [-]
ummm idk. sounds like a decent diet to me, but im no professional. maybe add some fish? something with more protein but not more fat? nuts? beans?
#22469 to #22467 - anonymous (17 hours ago) [-]
shrimp maybe? also do you having recommendations for sandwiches so I can switch up my diet? I can usually eat the same thing everyday, but I would like some more ideas for this diet. I appreciate the help because I cant find any decent help through Google.
User avatar #22471 to #22469 - avatarsarefornoobs (17 hours ago) [-]
shrimp sounds good. also, tofu as a base for a sandwich is pretty decent. could put lettuce or whatever else on it. overall you just want to avoid saturated fats and sugars, check nutrition facts on everything. theres also "good and bad" carbs and stuff like that, but like i said, im no professional, i dont know a whole lot about this stuff. ive just known people who have gone through weight loss programs and stuff like that

also i found this www.myrecipes.com/healthy-diet/healthy-sandwich-ideas
User avatar #22459 - feveryoucantsweat (12/19/2014) [-]
Alright so i have a question for anyone who knows better. I've been told you cant really get abs by working out, its a matter of having a layer of fat covering them and the only way to see them is to remove that layer, is it true? or does exercise build up muscle?
User avatar #22461 to #22459 - studbeefpile (12/19/2014) [-]
Abs are a muscle the same way biceps are a muscle. They can be built up through exercise, of course. However, visibility is highly based on body fat levels. Now, obviously the larger your abdominal muscles are, the more fat you can get away with having while still having visible abs, however most people find it easier to just cut down to a stupidly low bf% instead, and rock that hungry skeleton look.
User avatar #22462 to #22461 - feveryoucantsweat (12/19/2014) [-]
hah that hungry skeleton look ahaha
#22442 - studbeefpile (12/19/2014) [-]
That feel when my fat powerlifter no-arms physique is attractive to literally no one.
User avatar #22443 to #22442 - lulzformalaysiaair (12/19/2014) [-]
Lose ur fat bra.
User avatar #22447 to #22443 - studbeefpile (12/19/2014) [-]
I like strength too much. Not cutting till I pull 500.
User avatar #22449 to #22447 - lulzformalaysiaair (12/19/2014) [-]
500 deadlift 1 rep max?
User avatar #22450 to #22449 - studbeefpile (12/19/2014) [-]
Correct. Tested max is 455, but I have more in me.

Close....close.....
User avatar #22453 to #22450 - marinepenguin (12/19/2014) [-]
Your deadlift is actually the least effected by your bodyweight. So if you cut 10-15 pounds it may not change your poundage there.
User avatar #22455 to #22453 - studbeefpile (12/19/2014) [-]
Well yeah, I'm not worried about losing strength from cutting, however I won't gain strength as fast on a cut, and I don't have a 500 pull yet. So I wanna get there as fast as I can, and then cut.
User avatar #22452 to #22450 - lulzformalaysiaair (12/19/2014) [-]
I'm guessing my max is probably like 300. :^ (
User avatar #22454 to #22452 - marinepenguin (12/19/2014) [-]
Dont fret. We're all gonna make it brah.
User avatar #22457 to #22454 - lulzformalaysiaair (12/19/2014) [-]
wuts urs fegget
User avatar #22458 to #22457 - marinepenguin (12/19/2014) [-]
I've pulled 325 for a triple before.
User avatar #22441 - teoberry (12/19/2014) [-]
shit guys, prowlers almost got me puking in my gym's parking lot. worth it though.
User avatar #22445 to #22441 - marinepenguin (12/19/2014) [-]
You have a prowler?! I would literally kill for one of those.
User avatar #22446 to #22445 - teoberry (12/19/2014) [-]
man i wish, it's my gyms. they're pretty fun. only problem is when i hold it from the bars parallel to the ground (idk how to explain it, they're the lower ones), my feet slip pretty bad. not even water on my shoes help.
User avatar #22451 to #22446 - marinepenguin (12/19/2014) [-]
Well they can be put on concrete or grass or really any surface and be pushed if your gym would let you.

I wish I had at least a sled of some kind to push.
User avatar #22456 to #22451 - teoberry (12/19/2014) [-]
sadly for my legs my gym is up a couple flights of steps, so i can't bring a sled down. however once our snow melts me and my friend elliot are planning to do 1k with 4 plates on it. hopefully by then my legs will be able to handle it
User avatar #22430 - studbeefpile (12/19/2014) [-]
Don't feel ashamed of eating sugary treats of the season guys, just use that fuel and work hard as hell in the gym. You'll gain some fat, but you'll gain some muscle as well.

Don't work yourself up about it, just take advantage of it!
User avatar #22429 - lulzformalaysiaair (12/19/2014) [-]
Dem sufganiyot got so much sugar and fat and just really unhealthy in general but it's the season and I can't resist. Swole gain will be limited for the next 5 days. Shiiet
#22428 - anonymous (12/19/2014) [-]
A weight lifting fail comp for you guys

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZkURJshIoA
#22424 - europe (12/18/2014) [-]
Comment Picture
User avatar #22444 to #22424 - lulzformalaysiaair (12/19/2014) [-]
doing deadlifts that fast isnt 2gud4u
User avatar #22425 to #22424 - derpityhurr (12/18/2014) [-]
>extremely wide grip
>stressing neck
>no vasalva technique
2/10
User avatar #22422 - marinepenguin (12/18/2014) [-]
I'm at work and I'm so stressed out. Customer service is a bitch, even at banks. I just wanna go home and work out man.
User avatar #22411 - burritobell (12/18/2014) [-]
Hey fitness board! I had some questions... Mainly, what can I do to get at least slightly jacked? I'm not fat or skinny; I'm just very average. I feel like my arms and back are very flimsy, and the only thing I'm slightly proud of is my slightly above average pecs. What can I do to get bigger? I've been trying to lift weights, but I always stop in about 2 weeks because I get demotivated, not seeing any results. Any suggestions? P.S. I know I won't see results until at least 2 months, and still I give up.
User avatar #22483 to #22411 - leal (13 hours ago) [-]
Do something...
Anything physical.
Do it for 3 months and stick to it.
User avatar #22418 to #22411 - marinepenguin (12/18/2014) [-]
Well programmed barbell training and a decent diet will easily help you build muscle. But it takes a long time and dedication to reach the point of "jacked". If it was easy more people would be.

My advice? Go to the gym, find a decent beginner program like Starting Strength and follow it to the dot. Progress every workout and EAT. If you don't eat enough you won't see any progress at all and all your gym time will be for naught.

I can guarantee that you are small and weak everywhere if you don't play sports and you've never lifted before. People find their motivation through progress, once you see results you won't have any issues when it comes to motivation. So at first to keep yourself motivated you have to focus on actual numbers instead of how you look. If you follow the program right you'll be increasing the weight on all your lifts EVERY workout, so focus on increasing the weight every time and take pride when you accomplish lifting more then you did the workout before.
User avatar #22419 to #22418 - burritobell (12/18/2014) [-]
You're right. I don't do sports and I'm weak, and you got that right too.
User avatar #22414 to #22411 - europe (12/18/2014) [-]
Can't build mass without food proper nutrition. Gotta change your diet. Also you won't be seeing much after 2 weeks
User avatar #22423 to #22414 - europe (12/18/2014) [-]
"food proper nutrition"
User avatar #22415 to #22414 - burritobell (12/18/2014) [-]
Well, I'm guessing more protein?
#22420 to #22415 - KungFuZerO (12/18/2014) [-]
2500-3500kcal per day depending on your weight, and a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Protein powder, chicken, turkey, fish, nuts, all that.
User avatar #22421 to #22420 - burritobell (12/18/2014) [-]
Per meal?
#22438 to #22421 - KungFuZerO (12/19/2014) [-]
What per meal? All those foods? No, but a protein at every meal would help reaching your daily total. I have at least 4 glasses of milk everyday. Thats 40g of protein right there.
User avatar #22439 to #22438 - burritobell (12/19/2014) [-]
Can't drink milk, or eat gluten. I'm allergic. But I mean, say my weight is 160 pounds, do I eat 160g of protein per meal or per day?
#22448 to #22439 - KungFuZerO (12/19/2014) [-]
Lol per day dude. I think some research on the basics of nutrition would be beneficial for you and your goals. Macros, calories per gram of each of the macros, protein alternatives if you have Celiac Disease, etc.
User avatar #22416 to #22415 - europe (12/18/2014) [-]
I'm not an expert on the whole diet part, but I'm sure others on this board can help you with that. Can't build muscle with just protein, though
#22407 - europe (12/18/2014) [-]
Am I the only one who gets a huge craving for something sweet after eating brown rice?
User avatar #22385 - pwnagraphy (12/18/2014) [-]
>Before workout: Gold Standard, Double chocolate, 3 scoops into a shaker cup 7 grams of protein , fill with water
>Immediately after workout: 6 star+, Dutch chocolate, 2 scoops into shaker cup 60 grams of protein , fill with water

Do I make a shake with milk in the morning as well or do I not give myself liver cancer. Working for strength not looks I could give a shit if I looked obese as long as it's all visceral and not in my systems
User avatar #22386 to #22385 - pwnagraphy (12/18/2014) [-]
*77 grams I'm illiterate sorry
User avatar #22397 to #22386 - marinepenguin (12/18/2014) [-]
You won't get liver cancer from drinking milk. Plus adding milk into your protein shakes is an easier way of getting more calories into your daily intake.
User avatar #22401 to #22397 - pwnagraphy (12/18/2014) [-]
I'm aware, that was said on the fact that I'm drinking a shake before and after my workout with a lot of the powder in it

I used to just do milk and whey in the morning but opted for post workout instead because better gains
User avatar #22402 to #22401 - marinepenguin (12/18/2014) [-]
Yeah it's always a better idea to drink a shake after a workout along with your post-workout meal. But doing a shake in the morning would put more protein in your diet and add a few more calories as well. If you feel you aren't growing to your full potential then I'd take one in the morning as well.
#22382 - anonymous (12/18/2014) [-]
Hi lotengo
User avatar #22394 to #22382 - lotengo (12/18/2014) [-]
I did not get an alert for this mentioning.