hide menu

#1069872 - thehellrazor ONLINE (15 minutes ago) [-]
dota 2 east or west europe party
my win rate is shit
halp pls
#1069870 - korten ONLINE (17 minutes ago) [-]
Yo

I'm looking for an MMO (could be any genre, honestly) that doesn't involve competition between players, where you don't play against others
Preferably, a game where players are rewarded for cooperating, teaming up and doing things together; where cooperation is always positively implemented

I just really don't like the feeling of competitiveness against others, yet I want to keep the social aspect in MMOs

Thanks in advance
Yo

Thanks in advance
User avatar #1069874 to #1069870 - awesomedewd ONLINE (12 minutes ago) [-]
> play any MMO you want
> avoid PvP
> win
User avatar #1069877 to #1069874 - korten ONLINE (8 minutes ago) [-]
Most MMOs these days require you to play PvP in order to reach end-game content such as highest tiers of items

I've been playing Guild Wars 2 for a long time now, and got ridiculously close to end-game gear, only to find out that I have to play PvP and WvW (world vs world, which is basically armies of different servers clashing) in order to get everything I need, including achievements, and I find that a bit disappointing; you even have to explore every single bit of the WvW maps in order to get the 100% PvE world explorer achievement
User avatar #1069879 to #1069877 - adunsaveme (8 minutes ago) [-]
They really don't
User avatar #1069882 to #1069879 - korten ONLINE (3 minutes ago) [-]
I take it you've played GW2, so I'll use its terms - there are two complete sections in the achievements list for PvP and WvW alone, which means that in order to collect some skins which count for the collector achievements, you need to complete these achievements and get their achievement chests

Also, you can only receive Badges of Honor and Glory from WvW and PvP respectively

There even have been times where guilds didn't accept me simply for the reason that I don't play PvP, and even the daily and monthly challenge achievements include PvP and WvW to almost half of them
User avatar #1069884 to #1069882 - adunsaveme (56 seconds ago) [-]
You're saying most MMOss require PvP to reach endgame and get high tier items
Then you use achievements, a PvP only currency and asshole guilds as examples

okie dokie

There's a difference between requiring PvP to get EVERYTHING and requiring PvP to get the BASICS
User avatar #1069873 to #1069870 - adunsaveme (15 minutes ago) [-]
Weeeell
Destiny rewards teamwork
Tera doesn't involve playing against players unless you want to
Vindictus has good team play but I never got far enough into it
User avatar #1069876 to #1069873 - korten ONLINE (11 minutes ago) [-]
Just like Guild Wars 2 which I've been playing for a while, both Tera and Vindictus in clude PvP which is required to earn stuff that affect PvE, let alone reach full completion of the game

As for Destiny, I've heard some pretty bad criticism about the game
User avatar #1069878 to #1069876 - adunsaveme (8 minutes ago) [-]
I can't think of a single MMO that REQUIRES PvP to get to endgame
ESPECIALLY not Tera
User avatar #1069883 to #1069878 - korten ONLINE (1 minute ago) [-]
My initial request was a game that has no PvP to it at all, as the existence of competitiveness in the game at any extent means this game is not meant to be an entirely cooperative experience
User avatar #1069850 to #1069846 - rplix ONLINE (33 minutes ago) [-]
It was a joke. But it should have gotten goty 2012
#1069880 to #1069868 - mr skeltal (4 minutes ago) [-]
Oh boy
User avatar #1069871 to #1069868 - adunsaveme (17 minutes ago) [-]
>implying
#1069839 - kingdaniel (53 minutes ago) [-]
I just bought The Forest, I died on the first day. pls help how do I fight these fucking retarded cavemans?
User avatar #1069862 to #1069839 - desacabose ONLINE (19 minutes ago) [-]
Get on the boat
User avatar #1069857 to #1069839 - sonnyboii ONLINE (25 minutes ago) [-]
block, hit
its EZ

though i havent really played since release
User avatar #1069844 to #1069839 - adunsaveme (40 minutes ago) [-]
hit them in the faaaaaaaace
#1069841 to #1069839 - ipostcp (51 minutes ago) [-]
Take a fucking stone and bash their skull in.
#1069843 to #1069841 - adunsaveme (42 minutes ago) [-]
>not telling him to cave the caveman's skull in
User avatar #1069848 to #1069843 - ipostcp (35 minutes ago) [-]
I'm not a pun master.
#1069852 to #1069848 - adunsaveme (31 minutes ago) [-]
ipostcp
more like
ipost can't pun
User avatar #1069853 to #1069852 - ipostcp (31 minutes ago) [-]
That was bad.
User avatar #1069856 to #1069853 - adunsaveme (28 minutes ago) [-]
it was amazing
User avatar #1069858 to #1069856 - ipostcp (24 minutes ago) [-]
nah
User avatar #1069860 to #1069859 - ajrin (20 minutes ago) [-]
don't listen to him
I thought it was amazing too
User avatar #1069865 to #1069864 - ipostcp (18 minutes ago) [-]
Wanna ing go m8
User avatar #1069866 to #1069865 - ajrin (18 minutes ago) [-]
maybe
User avatar #1069847 to #1069842 - ipostcp (38 minutes ago) [-]
Well he could tickle him. That might work too.
User avatar #1069840 to #1069839 - sannukas ONLINE (52 minutes ago) [-]
beat them with stuff
User avatar #1069811 - burnswhenipee (1 hour ago) [-]
Finally got my raspberry pi emulation shit set up. Best PS1 games? Already got Silent Hill and Crash Bandicoot
User avatar #1069834 to #1069811 - thebestpieever (1 hour ago) [-]
Xenogears, RE 2, FF Tactics, Metal Gear Solid.
User avatar #1069822 to #1069811 - squalllionhart (1 hour ago) [-]
User avatar #1069805 to #1069804 - alexanderburns (1 hour ago) [-]
heh heh heh heh
User avatar #1069806 to #1069805 - alipheesefateburn ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
is she supposed to be evil? cause' 99.99.999% of characters that "heh" are
User avatar #1069787 - spaceturtlecadet (1 hour ago) [-]
so this guy is selling a ROW copy of payday 2
is this bad? I mean in terms of censoring / language
#1069774 - rplix ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
Holy shit. 32K leechers. That's around a $1.6 million dollar loss.
User avatar #1069807 to #1069774 - syrenthra ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
but when you put it in perspective of 32,000/1,000,000 or 3.2%, which I feel it is safe to assume the game will easily break 1 million copies sold within a month of release, it really isn't as crazy as just thinking about 32,000 people not buying the game.

I also feel a lot of people are pirating it because they are hesitant of the game since it seems a lot like AC and LoTR mashed together and they don't know if they would want to drop $50 on it
User avatar #1069849 to #1069807 - rplix ONLINE (34 minutes ago) [-]
Leeching doesn't mean that's how many people have pirated the game so far, it's how many people are pirating it at that moment. So it's way more than 32K people who are pirating.
User avatar #1069851 to #1069849 - syrenthra ONLINE (32 minutes ago) [-]
still, plus a fair portion of those people will buy the game eventually, not everyone that pirates is one of those guys who never buys games and feels entitled to never have to pay for them. A lot of people pirate to try a game before they buy
User avatar #1069854 to #1069851 - rplix ONLINE (30 minutes ago) [-]
I definitely don't do that.

It's at 35K now on just that one torrent. Roughly 45K including the other popular ones.

I'm interested how many people it will get up to.
User avatar #1069855 to #1069854 - rplix ONLINE (29 minutes ago) [-]
Scratch that. 52K.
#1069837 to #1069807 - mr skeltal (56 minutes ago) [-]
No the reason they pirating it is because they're broke and too lazy to get a fucking job because the people that raised probably make satan look like the virgin marys sweet little grandmother who likes to bake cookies for complete strangers.
#1069845 to #1069837 - streppy (39 minutes ago) [-]
Login and say that if you truly believe it, otherwise it looks like rage bait.
#1069800 to #1069774 - danield (1 hour ago) [-]
>b-but pirating isn't destroying the industry
#1069782 to #1069774 - mr skeltal (2 hours ago) [-]
muh freedom of speech
User avatar #1069773 - infamoustrapper (2 hours ago) [-]
I moved away for college, so my siblings miss me and stuff and want me to play minecraft with them since it's their favorite game and will keep us connected. How do I go about doing that? Before we could just play lan games. Am I going to have to learn how to make a minecraft server or whatever?
User avatar #1069813 to #1069773 - awesomedewd ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
tell them to get an actual good game
#1069836 to #1069813 - epicscorpion (59 minutes ago) [-]
what are you talking about

mincraft very cool
User avatar #1069808 to #1069773 - megavoir (1 hour ago) [-]
not hard to host a server
google it mane
User avatar #1069810 to #1069808 - infamoustrapper (1 hour ago) [-]
it looks like a lot of coding
User avatar #1069812 to #1069810 - megavoir (1 hour ago) [-]
not really.
i believe even their site shows you how
User avatar #1069775 to #1069773 - rplix ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
You can just find an empty server.
User avatar #1069778 to #1069775 - infamoustrapper (2 hours ago) [-]
how do i do that?
User avatar #1069783 to #1069778 - tarekmig (2 hours ago) [-]
What
Just find an dead server that nobody plays, get the IP, and get your friends to connect to it with you.
User avatar #1069784 to #1069783 - infamoustrapper (1 hour ago) [-]
How do i find the server in the first place?? You can't join a server without knowing the ip
User avatar #1069785 to #1069784 - tarekmig (1 hour ago) [-]
Browse through the web
User avatar #1069786 to #1069785 - infamoustrapper (1 hour ago) [-]
How do minecraft servers even work. Is the world saved to the server? Like can some random person end up joining "our" server while we're not on and just fuck everything up?
User avatar #1069788 to #1069786 - tarekmig (1 hour ago) [-]
I'd rather host if I was you. Just use hamachi, download it and run it up, create a room in hamachi and let your siblings download the software too and join your room, after that check if anybody has any connection problems, then get the minecraft client and see a tutorial on how to create a server, now give your siblings your hamachi IP and let them use it to join your MC server. Or you can just port forward which I do not know how to do.
User avatar #1069779 to #1069778 - ipostcp (2 hours ago) [-]
I have a tekkit server you can join. It's essentially minecraft +
User avatar #1069780 to #1069779 - infamoustrapper (2 hours ago) [-]
Thanks for the offer but we're gunna stick to minecraft
#1069781 to #1069780 - ipostcp (2 hours ago) [-]
It is minecraft. Except there is a lot more in it.
#1069722 - vvriotvv (3 hours ago) [-]
So I'm studying Games Development at University and in short I wanted to ask what you guys would like to see as a game. Think Indie game or even a mobile / web browser game. Preferably Indie though.

I'm looking to you guys for inspiration for multiple Uni projects and maybe even just a project to take on in my spare time. The Engine I will most likely end up using is Unity, it has some great potential and I am most experienced with it. So what do you guys think would be some good ideas or even just mechanics for a game?

Cheers
User avatar #1069875 to #1069722 - feelythefeel ONLINE (12 minutes ago) [-]
Religion Simulator.
Revolution Simulator.
User avatar #1069776 to #1069722 - godshandshake ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
Larry the Loaf
a maze game about a loaf of bread named Larry who saves his friends (Marvin the Muffin, Barry the Baguette, Tom the Tortilla etc) from seagulls who eat that kinda thing
User avatar #1069772 to #1069722 - averagewhitekid ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
Hey, I'm doing the same thing!
Unfortunately, I can't share all my dream game ideas yet, since i'm gonna be using them myself.
But I can give the freebie of an open world pirate RPG, since no one has done that in a fucktillion fucking years.
User avatar #1069830 to #1069772 - vvriotvv (1 hour ago) [-]
Ah yeah I'v always liked the idea of a Pirate RPG.

That's pretty cool man, where you from?
User avatar #1069867 to #1069830 - averagewhitekid ONLINE (18 minutes ago) [-]
Down in Florida
User avatar #1069768 to #1069722 - thebestpieever (2 hours ago) [-]
I want to say something that's not turn based or slow, but god knows mobile platforms aren't made for anything else. So I don't know, maybe a tactics game that involved something like drawing the path a unit will take to avoid a "supression" or "watch" ability enemy units may have over certain squares or stage hazards. Maybe make it so instead of the traditional 4 directions to look in, now there's 8, and positioning your character diagonally gives them half the defence they would get if they faced in either of the two directions instead of in between. Or maybe modifying the range of your AoE spells so it doesn't touch certain units and it stretches just far enough to reach another, at high costs of AP for every modification. Something that feels it's actually using the touch screen instead of being hampered by it, is what I mean.
User avatar #1069769 to #1069768 - vvriotvv (2 hours ago) [-]
Just so you know, by indie game I didn't just mean mobile platform. I mean the sort of thing that may eventually be greenlit on steam or something of the sort.

Thanks for the ideas though man
User avatar #1069746 to #1069722 - alexanderburns (3 hours ago) [-]
A Legend of Zelda Dynasty Warriors game
User avatar #1069761 to #1069746 - awesomedewd ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
zelda and sonic still sucks
User avatar #1069763 to #1069761 - alexanderburns (2 hours ago) [-]
A Legend of Zelda Sonic game
User avatar #1069741 to #1069722 - sonnyboii ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
By the way, when you started on games dev at uni, did you have any experience from before? If not could you start it without much experience and get "fast" into stuff?
User avatar #1069748 to #1069741 - vvriotvv (3 hours ago) [-]
I actually studied an Extended Diploma in IT and Computing in College which to be honest gave me a pretty decent advantage when it came to uni. But to be honest with you, I ended up repeating a hell of a lot in my first year anyway.

A lot of Universities will often treat the first year as if the students have never done anything in the area. So to be honest with you, if you have a strong interest in the area and you are willing to put in the time you should be just fine to do it. Only bit of advice I give you, is you could be a pretty average person in terms of intelligence, but the maths side of things can get a bit headachey.
User avatar #1069751 to #1069748 - sonnyboii ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
Well thats good, i want to try to make shit in my free time (I really dont have anything to do until next year, IF i even apply for a school then) But i dont know where to get started
User avatar #1069760 to #1069751 - vvriotvv (2 hours ago) [-]
Well depends on what you are looking to do. I started way back in secondary school where I was just pissing about with adobe flash trying to make shitty games for websites. I made some crappy stick animations back then too.

That sparked my interest for game dev, so I took that to college where I started to learn some coding and other aspects of computing. (Databases, networking, blah blah). Obviously after that my interest continued and I took it to uni.

If you want to get started at home I would actually personally recommend starting to learn simple coding, such as making a calculator or something with a language like c#, from there you should look into different game engines, and again, I would recommend unity. You can get a free version of Unity, it is fairly powerful and there are so many resources online for it.
User avatar #1069762 to #1069760 - sonnyboii ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
ok sounds good, ill try to look into Unity sometime
User avatar #1069738 to #1069722 - sonnyboii ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
A mix between DayZ/Hellgate:London but with aliens
User avatar #1069734 to #1069722 - vvriotvv (3 hours ago) [-]
Just as an added note, it will be the art side of things that let me down. My job is to put the game together, make the stuff that the artists give me into functioning items.

I am unsure as to whether I am going to try and find artists for me or if I will take up 3D modelling to try and produce some of my own assets.
User avatar #1069733 to #1069722 - awesomedewd ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Something like Divinity: Original Sin.

I love RPGs where you control multiple heroes and have to to some sort of micro management to it.
User avatar #1069737 to #1069733 - vvriotvv (3 hours ago) [-]
I have been thinking more about a top down RPG / adventure sort of game recently and the ability to swap between characters could be quite interesting. I'll keep that in mind thanks
User avatar #1069711 - heeveejeevees (3 hours ago) [-]
is there some virtual rig building ? I'm new to building rigs and I want to make it a hobby.
#1069689 - ipostcp (4 hours ago) [-]
You guys ever get it, where you play a game so much and you start dreaming about that shit? I fucking hate that shit.
User avatar #1069770 to #1069689 - syrenthra ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
Last year I played so much warframe and watched so much of Gundam: Build Fighters that I dreamt my roommate and I were having gunpla battles but our mobile suits were warframes. Shit was cash honestly
User avatar #1069749 to #1069689 - alstorp (3 hours ago) [-]
Yes. Especially survival games like DayZ and Rust.
User avatar #1069702 to #1069689 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
I have the same thing, only with anime.
User avatar #1069724 to #1069702 - awesomedewd ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
I bet you dream about the guys from Jojo's.
User avatar #1069725 to #1069724 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Nigga, I dream about boku no pico, nothing else
User avatar #1069726 to #1069725 - awesomedewd ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
You being on the receiving end, I guess.
User avatar #1069727 to #1069726 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Is there any other end?
#1069730 to #1069727 - awesomedewd ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
not for you
#1069709 to #1069702 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
me too man i remember dreaming about this exact scene
me too man i remember dreaming about this exact scene
User avatar #1069710 to #1069709 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Tfw you wake up and realize you will never live in your favorite anime
User avatar #1069715 to #1069710 - tarekmig (3 hours ago) [-]
Tfw you wake up and realize you are not a weaboo so you continue your day happily
User avatar #1069716 to #1069715 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Tfw you're taken off the pigeon list
User avatar #1069718 to #1069717 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Mess with the best, die like the rest mofo
User avatar #1069719 to #1069718 - tarekmig (3 hours ago) [-]
tfw I won't be able to get a 15$ from you know
User avatar #1069720 to #1069719 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Tfw the total amount of games I've given away comes up to more than 2000 dollars
User avatar #1069721 to #1069720 - tarekmig (3 hours ago) [-]
Yes but you won't be giving away 2000$ for each person would you
User avatar #1069723 to #1069721 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
No, but I've given away for that amount in total, and since I'm not planning on stopping any time soon you lose much more than 15 bucks m80.

On a sidenote there's a new spot open on my pigeon list.
User avatar #1069745 to #1069723 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
put me in m8
User avatar #1069747 to #1069745 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Let me hear the ritualistic phrase then.
Hint its "Coo Coo~~
User avatar #1069750 to #1069747 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Coo Coo
fun fact today i actually fed pigeons during lunch time because i had nothing to do
User avatar #1069752 to #1069750 - zapponia ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
You have been enlisted my friend
User avatar #1069753 to #1069752 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
Alright!
what exactly is this list by the way?
User avatar #1069754 to #1069753 - zapponia ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
Log on steam ;)
User avatar #1069756 to #1069754 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
At work right now but i will at 19 (3 and a half hours from now)
User avatar #1069758 to #1069756 - zapponia ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
You got something to look forward to then
User avatar #1069759 to #1069758 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
oooh, now to wait for time to pass while i pretend to work hard
User avatar #1069728 to #1069723 - awesomedewd ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
coo coo!
User avatar #1069729 to #1069728 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
You're already on it though
#1069731 to #1069729 - awesomedewd ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Make a second entry for me. I wanna be special!
User avatar #1069732 to #1069731 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
The only special pigeons are DragonDust and Alstorp, Dragondust because I love him and Alstorp because he is my prophet. You could get a position in Pigeon inc. and be special like that though.
#1069735 to #1069732 - awesomedewd ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
wtf is pigeon inc.?
User avatar #1069736 to #1069735 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Me
#1069739 to #1069736 - awesomedewd ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Wait... how can I get a position in you?.... are you trying to hit on me?
User avatar #1069743 to #1069739 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Bitch I might be
#1069757 to #1069743 - awesomedewd ONLINE (2 hours ago) [-]
That's gay though
User avatar #1069740 to #1069739 - zapponia ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
You would be suprised how much I can fit inside of me
#1069712 to #1069710 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
tfw
tfw
User avatar #1069701 to #1069689 - awesomedewd ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
My dreams are most of the times shuffled together from every manga/game/anime I read/played/watched in the last few days or weeks... fuckin' strange shit.
I also hate dreaming, cause I'm never well rested when I have dreams.

#niceblogpost #dreamkin /tg #gamergate
User avatar #1069700 to #1069689 - herecomesjohnny (3 hours ago) [-]
it's called the tetris effect if i recall
User avatar #1069694 to #1069689 - sannukas ONLINE (4 hours ago) [-]
You play too much games.
User avatar #1069695 to #1069694 - ipostcp (4 hours ago) [-]
My friends force me. I'm really bored of them and they force me to play.
User avatar #1069696 to #1069695 - sannukas ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
say no.
User avatar #1069697 to #1069696 - ipostcp (3 hours ago) [-]
They may cry.
User avatar #1069692 to #1069689 - tentaquil (4 hours ago) [-]
boy i better start playing games about memes then
#1069690 to #1069689 - mr skeltal (4 hours ago) [-]
u gotta stop posting
User avatar #1069691 to #1069690 - ipostcp (4 hours ago) [-]
nuhhh
User avatar #1069674 - glootimus ONLINE (4 hours ago) [-]
Has anyone gotten their hands on Crown Of The Ivory King yet?

It's 3AM where i am and it's still not up on PSN.
User avatar #1069659 - fkelly (5 hours ago) [-]
Could anyone recommend me some Xbox 360 games based on my interests in far-cry 3, Fallout 3 and NV, Skyrim, RDR and GTA. IF anyone could that would be great.
User avatar #1069713 to #1069659 - ajrin (3 hours ago) [-]
Oblivion
User avatar #1069688 to #1069659 - thisismyhandle (4 hours ago) [-]
Mass Effect
Just Cause 2
Bully (another Rockstar game, I don't care for this one but many do)
Saints Row (silly GTA clone, becomes much more distinct and over-the-top as you progress through the series)
#1069699 to #1069688 - desacabose ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
>Saints Row 1&2
>GTA clone
User avatar #1069714 to #1069699 - ajrin (3 hours ago) [-]
still better than GTA tho
#1069708 to #1069699 - thisismyhandle (3 hours ago) [-]
>Saints Row 1&2
>NOT GTA clones
User avatar #1069676 to #1069659 - desacabose ONLINE (4 hours ago) [-]
Killer is Dead
User avatar #1069670 to #1069659 - makotoitou (4 hours ago) [-]
rooty tooty point and shooty
User avatar #1069672 to #1069670 - adunsaveme (4 hours ago) [-]
You don't even go here
User avatar #1069668 to #1069659 - alexanderburns (4 hours ago) [-]
Ass Creed 4
I got it last week and I'm impressed with how it breaks away from older AC level design to offer so much more freedom and fun.
User avatar #1069671 to #1069668 - adunsaveme (4 hours ago) [-]
I wish they'd work on the parkour n shit though
User avatar #1069673 to #1069671 - alexanderburns (4 hours ago) [-]
what you dont like running up the wrong walls and jumping on things that you dont want to jump on
#1069675 to #1069673 - adunsaveme (4 hours ago) [-]
Are you kidding? Not being able to drop off a low wall into a bush below it and instead being forced to fling thyself gaily into the middle of the street for a bunch of enemies to shoot you dead on the spot is LOADS of fun.
User avatar #1069662 to #1069659 - Cobaltsushi (4 hours ago) [-]
Destiny might work for you, only problem is it is online only, and you have to play for a very long time to get the very best gear
User avatar #1069663 to #1069662 - fkelly (4 hours ago) [-]
Must check out some reviews and gameplay, thanks for the comment.
#1069666 to #1069663 - mr skeltal (4 hours ago) [-]
just keep in mind that it's a bit of an unfinished game
User avatar #1069667 to #1069666 - fkelly (4 hours ago) [-]
Thanks mr skeltal
User avatar #1069665 to #1069663 - Cobaltsushi (4 hours ago) [-]
No problem, oh and one last thing, Destiny is suppose to last 10 years, so there is a lot of content that will be added on in the future, kinda like WoW
#1069643 - derpingtonherp (7 hours ago) [-]
Anyone else excited for this shit
Anyone else excited for this shit
User avatar #1069660 to #1069643 - nefarian ONLINE (5 hours ago) [-]
Reaper of Souls 2: Evilectic Boogaloo
User avatar #1069658 to #1069643 - dragondust (5 hours ago) [-]
Definitely
Hopefully I can buy it today
User avatar #1069664 to #1069658 - adunsaveme (4 hours ago) [-]
but what is it? shadows of lessdor?
User avatar #1069683 to #1069664 - awesomedewd ONLINE (4 hours ago) [-]
yeah, if you make google reverse search it's apperantly some kind of live action commercial or smth.
User avatar #1069703 to #1069683 - sonnyboii ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Its a video made by Node or corridor digital
User avatar #1069684 to #1069683 - adunsaveme (4 hours ago) [-]
can't be worse than the Destiny live action trailer, surely
User avatar #1069685 to #1069684 - awesomedewd ONLINE (4 hours ago) [-]
*shrug*
User avatar #1069652 to #1069643 - adunsaveme (6 hours ago) [-]
what's this dementor bullshit
User avatar #1069661 to #1069652 - dragondust (4 hours ago) [-]
expecto patronum
User avatar #1069655 to #1069652 - awesomedewd ONLINE (6 hours ago) [-]
it's magic
User avatar #1069654 to #1069652 - kosmic ONLINE (6 hours ago) [-]
you're going to make fast enemies talking like that!
User avatar #1069644 to #1069643 - herecomesjohnny (7 hours ago) [-]
a scary hobo shoving dry ice in my mouth?
User avatar #1069608 - gmaxx (8 hours ago) [-]
Guys, can you tell me everything about Fallout?
I hear about it every day. I dont know what it does or whats the main purpose of the game
So.. make me buy this game
User avatar #1069653 to #1069608 - adunsaveme (6 hours ago) [-]
but what if I don't want you to buy this game
What if I don't want you to have an opinion that differs to mine
User avatar #1069636 to #1069608 - EdwardNigma (8 hours ago) [-]
Post apocalyptic RPG.
Early ones are top down RPGs, while Fallout 3 and New Vegas, the Bethesda ones, are first person RPGs. Don't know much about the early ones, but you shoot shit, loot shit, be good or evil, help a nigga, shoot a nigga, explore ruins, nuke things, listen to old music.

It's fun.
User avatar #1069771 to #1069636 - gmaxx (2 hours ago) [-]
its open world or you have to follow a clear path in game?
i mean, the story must be followed, but can you travel freely in game?
User avatar #1069625 to #1069608 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
Its a somewhat interesting game but it gets boring fast (well at least it did for me) in one of them you can kill a bunch of innocent people by blowing a city so there's that
User avatar #1069620 to #1069608 - awesomedewd ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
It's skyrim with guns.
#1069649 to #1069620 - mr skeltal (6 hours ago) [-]
No that's farcry 3
#1069656 to #1069649 - mr skeltal (5 hours ago) [-]
#1069607 - herecomesjohnny (8 hours ago) [-]
If you were a really big game company, such as EA or Activision, would you give Valve a share of all the money you make through online pc distribution, even though asking a bunch of programmers to (lazily or not, it's a gamble) make your own game catalogue would be cheaper?

Would you purposely spend a lot more money, money that would go into a competitor's pocket, for your client to not have to download another game program?

User avatar #1069677 to #1069607 - desacabose ONLINE (4 hours ago) [-]
Naw nigga
User avatar #1069651 to #1069607 - adunsaveme (6 hours ago) [-]
To be honest, if I was the dude in charge, I'd find something that would make it more convenient for players while also not making my company go bankrupt
User avatar #1069634 to #1069607 - youngneil (8 hours ago) [-]
As long as people are buying games on MY digital distribution platform and it saves me money, I'm gonna have people buy it from there.
User avatar #1069621 to #1069607 - awesomedewd ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
Depends on my position.
Am I a Game-Developer or -Designer and is my biggest concern bringing my cool game to the gamers of the World?
Or am I some Manager who wants money more than anything else in the world?
User avatar #1069624 to #1069621 - herecomesjohnny (8 hours ago) [-]
you're the CEO, the big choncho, the guy who broke fortune in the 80's by making a cute platformer and now you showcase at e3 every year. You love games and you love your employees. And then around 2007 a Valve salesman comes to your office building, says digital distribution is taking over material product sales, and that unless you make your own program, you gotta pay them 30 to 40 % of everything you make to sell a game online.
User avatar #1069630 to #1069624 - awesomedewd ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
Well.. depends... how much do I get from retail sales?

The prices are practically always the same, but I think retail costs more cause of the case, the disc, the delivery and stuff.

So, I think overall I'd get more through steam.

And if I don't have a devision on a seperat distribution platform, I can put more workforce into new games, etc.
User avatar #1069631 to #1069630 - herecomesjohnny (8 hours ago) [-]
wait, you'd be actually nipping potential new workforce in the bud by giving valve 30-40% of what you make. Having a few cubicles of employees for a game downloading program wouldn't take 30-40% of your net worth
User avatar #1069632 to #1069631 - awesomedewd ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
Why create something new if there is something that already works?

We don't have to reinvent the wheel.

I'm not such a big capitalist-fag that I would need to increase my income everyway I can. As long as everything's running smoothly, why change it?

I'd rather make more games.
User avatar #1069633 to #1069632 - herecomesjohnny (8 hours ago) [-]
you make less games when you give 30-40% of what you make to someone.
User avatar #1069635 to #1069633 - awesomedewd ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
I bet I'm giving more than 40% of what I make if I sale stuff in retail.
So it's actually an improvement in the first step.
Sure, my own platform would probably be even better.

But shit, Ubisoft has it's own plattform, and still sells through steam. So there must be a good reason why they do so.
User avatar #1069637 to #1069635 - herecomesjohnny (8 hours ago) [-]
well i wasn't really comparing retail and digital distribution, i was just comparing signing onto steam or selling yourself
User avatar #1069638 to #1069637 - awesomedewd ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
I'd still go for steam.
Like I said, I'm not some kind of money-craving bastard.
User avatar #1069640 to #1069638 - herecomesjohnny (8 hours ago) [-]
it's not necessarily about being a greedy monopoly man with a top hat. It's also maybe less games, less employees, less christmas bonuses, less paid leaves to employees, more downsizing, more blowjobs to jason holtman in his car.
User avatar #1069641 to #1069640 - awesomedewd ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
You make it sound like signing up with steam would have been a loss.
But if that really would be the case, there wouldn't be so many games sold...
User avatar #1069642 to #1069641 - herecomesjohnny (8 hours ago) [-]
of course, because not every game studio is a AAA empire, and when you're a game studio, it's much better to sell yourself a game through a catalog even though they take 30-40% of what you make rather than being a sexual slave to a major publisher like EA or microsoft who would just use your studio to make the new blowjob simulator 2012.
User avatar #1069609 to #1069607 - Timmietim ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
Since my clients do not feel like having another client, yes.
User avatar #1069616 to #1069609 - herecomesjohnny (8 hours ago) [-]
even though your budget won't be as big as you thought for the next year and you might have to make sacrifices to your company?
User avatar #1069622 to #1069616 - Timmietim ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
If my budget is still huge i'd rather have a bit less revenue but happier customers.
And i wouldn't make games like battlefield 4.
User avatar #1069626 to #1069622 - herecomesjohnny (8 hours ago) [-]
it wouldn't be a bit. Gaben himself would stop in his car around the corner and you'd have to go to his window, take 30 to 40% of everything you make out of your bra and watch him count the money personally. Even though making a game downloading program would just take about a bunch of thousand dollars.
User avatar #1069627 to #1069626 - Timmietim ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
Pretty sure developing Origin was more than a few thousand dollars.
User avatar #1069628 to #1069627 - herecomesjohnny (8 hours ago) [-]
you think EA took a hard 30% of all their money to make origin?
User avatar #1069629 to #1069628 - Timmietim ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
Nope, but they also have less sales now because people don't want their client.
#1069602 - mr skeltal (9 hours ago) [-]
Hyrule Warriors - Cia DLC Trailer (Wii U) BE. FUCKING. PREPARED!
User avatar #1069669 to #1069602 - alexanderburns (4 hours ago) [-]
Should have been in the base game
User avatar #1069686 to #1069669 - nefarian ONLINE (4 hours ago) [-]
It's free
User avatar #1069704 to #1069686 - sonnyboii ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Why the heck do they call it DLC then, that pisses me off
User avatar #1069705 to #1069704 - nefarian ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
DLC means downloadable content. It isn't incorrect.
User avatar #1069706 to #1069705 - sonnyboii ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
well... Yes. But its most likely in a "mandatory" update people will download anyways.
Its just shit when they have to name free stuff DLC, as its mostly used for paid content nowadays
User avatar #1069687 to #1069686 - alexanderburns (4 hours ago) [-]
free will is a myth
User avatar #1069597 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (9 hours ago) [-]
i got 40€ to buy gems
what should i buy?
Smash for my 3ds
Mystery dungeon gates to infinity for 3ds
Age of mythology for PC
or something else
User avatar #1069789 to #1069597 - adzodeux ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
Smash bros. So I can 'smash' your ass, bro.
User avatar #1069791 to #1069789 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
it comes out at the end of the week right ? ill get it then!
User avatar #1069792 to #1069791 - adzodeux ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
End of this week. Friday 3rd maaaaan
User avatar #1069793 to #1069792 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
aww yis, ill get it friday, hope my card has enough space for it tho
User avatar #1069794 to #1069793 - adzodeux ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
I have it preordered, shit's gonna be so cash
User avatar #1069796 to #1069794 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
steam has pampered me, i like digital downloads too much
Question tho, if i buy a game and then for some bizarre reason lose my card could i redownload it in the same 3ds?
User avatar #1069797 to #1069796 - adzodeux ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
I suppose so if it's linked to your NNID. Not sure tho
User avatar #1069798 to #1069797 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
I'll find out
you planning on getting the new 3ds?
User avatar #1069799 to #1069798 - adzodeux ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
Nah, only just got my Zelda XL last Christmas, don't feel like the extra buttons and few exclusives justify a new console
User avatar #1069801 to #1069799 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
i feel the same, tho that analog is good for monster hunter but tbh im already used to the touchpad camera control
AND SHIT I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT FIRE EMBLEM GOTTA BUY THAT TOO
User avatar #1069802 to #1069801 - adzodeux ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
Fire Emblem, Star Fox 64 3D, OoT 3D, Kid Icarus, I need a whole lot of 3DS games but don't have the cash
User avatar #1069803 to #1069802 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
I've been meaning to get fire emblem since i got the 3ds which is why im getting it now, i still want a few other games tho but these take precedence
User avatar #1069678 to #1069597 - desacabose ONLINE (4 hours ago) [-]
Killer is Dead
User avatar #1069610 to #1069597 - Timmietim ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
smash you fool
also nigga how you money i thought you poor as fuck
User avatar #1069611 to #1069610 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
I work now you nigger
User avatar #1069612 to #1069611 - Timmietim ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
sweg, also noice snaek bruh
User avatar #1069613 to #1069612 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
yeeh nigguh
Thanks he's a chill ass bro
User avatar #1069614 to #1069613 - Timmietim ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
my dog is still kinda annoying sometimes, but he's learning
User avatar #1069615 to #1069614 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
precistence is the name of the game, i had the same problem with mine now he's mellow and doesnt destroy everything
User avatar #1069617 to #1069615 - Timmietim ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
When his teeth have gone through normally he'll start chewing my hands less, my nigga soft as fuck.
Also he gon be giant lel
User avatar #1069618 to #1069617 - tiagodisouza ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
Aww yiss
My snake'll be like 1and a half meter or so when he reaches adulthood
User avatar #1069619 to #1069618 - Timmietim ONLINE (8 hours ago) [-]
tfw dog will be as heavy as me