Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

hide menu
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #1 - darksideofthebeast (10/13/2013) [-]
It's called shock
It's basically repressed memories and your brain covering up a traumatic event.

Granted, a lot of people would notice it but still, it happens.
The brain is the most powerful thing in the universe.
User avatar #240 to #1 - lesrin (10/14/2013) [-]
my dad back when i was a kid, got his thumb torn off by a machine at his work, he didnt even notice till 10 mins later when a co-worker saw it and fainted
User avatar #228 to #1 - limb (10/14/2013) [-]
...your brain covering up traumatic memories wut? was probably just adrenaline i know i got hit in the eye with spike knuckles and didnt even think i was hurt until it was swollen shut and then i only thought it was just swollen not that my face was laid wide open until my mom flipped **** when i walked in the house (This happened during a mugging also.)
User avatar #294 to #228 - darksideofthebeast (10/14/2013) [-]
Adrenaline only happens if you are aware of your danger.


If you keep going on and don't notice it, it is considered shock and it is exactly what I said.
User avatar #345 to #294 - limb (10/14/2013) [-]
lets just have a ******* internet battle then.

shock : an acute medical condition associated with a fall in blood pressure, caused by such events as loss of blood, severe burns, bacterial infection, allergic reaction, or sudden emotional stress, and marked by cold, pallid skin, irregular breathing, rapid pulse, and dilated pupils.

^ shock not associated with memory loss

User avatar #346 to #345 - darksideofthebeast (10/14/2013) [-]
Get out of here.

I'm not talking about the medical condition 'Shock' I am talking about mental shock.

User avatar #348 to #346 - limb (10/14/2013) [-]
And you're a brain scientist are you?

only **** can come from a commoners mouth good day sir.
User avatar #349 to #348 - darksideofthebeast (10/14/2013) [-]
You sound upset.
Would you like to talk about it?
#350 to #349 - limb (10/14/2013) [-]
Comment Picture
User avatar #351 to #350 - darksideofthebeast (10/14/2013) [-]
You're actually so mad you thumbed down all my replies...
You're pathetic.
User avatar #352 to #351 - limb (10/14/2013) [-]
Don't even, you thumbed me down first I was retaliating.
User avatar #353 to #352 - darksideofthebeast (10/14/2013) [-]
Because I checked who thumbed down my reply to the faggy comment and surprise, surprise... It was you.
User avatar #354 to #353 - limb (10/14/2013) [-]
We've already established that I thumbed you down, I even admitted to it above what are you trying to accomplish by repeating facts. Have another red thumb.
User avatar #355 to #354 - darksideofthebeast (10/14/2013) [-]
Look at how upset you are getting.

I feel bad for your family, if you're this mad at someone over the internet I couldn't imagine seeing you in real life.
User avatar #356 to #355 - limb (10/14/2013) [-]
I think you're pathetic as well as myself because we're both arguing on the internet about something that doesn't matter. So lets call it quits. You can even have the last comment. Good day sir.
#151 to #1 - ylegrand (10/13/2013) [-]
Why did you have to say something as faggy as "the brain is the most powerfull thing in the universe"
User avatar #187 to #151 - darksideofthebeast (10/14/2013) [-]
Well I guess this faggy guy got 85 thumbs for saying that.

And how is that "Faggy" I just stated the truth.
#361 to #187 - ylegrand (10/15/2013) [-]
I almost thumbed your comment up.
Because it was an awesome peace of knowledge.
But then you had to come up with some sentimental ******** like "hurr brain powerfull in universe, humanity wlalalala"

seriously? Is it more powerfull than a supernova?
User avatar #362 to #361 - darksideofthebeast (10/15/2013) [-]
Yes it is.
Like I have stated before, your brain makes your reality what it is.
Therefore there is no reality unless you're there to perceive it.
#363 to #362 - ylegrand (10/15/2013) [-]
Ah, the old "does a getting knocked over in the woods make a sound if no one is there to here it?" question.

This is a very egocentric way of viewing reality. As if it only resists to be defined by us.

My brain creates a perception of reality. This perception (the noise I hear) will not exist if my brain isn't there. However reality (the sound waves travelling trhough the air) will continue to exist regardess of human observers.

The brain is but a chemical network, computing, fooling itself of it's own free will.

And we don't know enough of the universe to state that the human brain is the most powerfull thing around.

And the brain's ability to fool it's own mechanisms (shock) doesn't proove itself to be powerfull.
User avatar #365 to #363 - darksideofthebeast (10/15/2013) [-]
You don't know what I am saying then.

You can't prove reality exists in any way shape or form.
As ridiculous as it may sound, I could think I am the only human to ever exist and everyone are robots testing me.
And I do believe that life isn't real, it has been basically proven that it is.
#366 to #365 - ylegrand (10/15/2013) [-]
Yes, I have also taken the introductory course to philosophy in highschool.
#368 to #366 - darksideofthebeast (10/15/2013) [-]
Actually, just to amuse you, I will comment again.

When you're dreaming you don't know you're dreaming do you?

So how do you know you're alive right now?


User avatar #367 to #366 - darksideofthebeast (10/15/2013) [-]
Whatever, dick. I don't care what you think of my opinion.
#364 to #363 - ylegrand (10/15/2013) [-]
resists=exists*
#148 to #1 - kanpai (10/13/2013) [-]
As we all know the brain is the most powerfull thing in the universe ,Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine.
#160 to #148 - turdofdoom (10/13/2013) [-]
the russians helicopter can carry more and its faster
#292 to #160 - toensix (10/14/2013) [-]
Shut up.
User avatar #119 to #1 - damnimfabulous ONLINE (10/13/2013) [-]
Yeah when i was about six there was a broken pipe outside where i was playing and i slice the entire bottom of my off i didnt even feel a thing i contiued playing like normal. I still barely remember the event.
#106 to #1 - kokosal (10/13/2013) [-]
The brain is the most poweful thing in the human universe.

There's still so much we dont know about the universe around us, and just think about the epic connections in the universe that makes it possible to be life on earth!
User avatar #101 to #1 - elcreepo (10/13/2013) [-]
Adrenaline can also cover up the feeling of pain from a broken bone for hours.
User avatar #127 to #101 - darksideofthebeast (10/13/2013) [-]
Adrenaline usually kicks in when you are aware of the danger.
She wasn't, she clearly had repressed memories about it.
User avatar #78 to #1 - ColorfulPenguin (10/13/2013) [-]
My dick is the most powerful thing in the universe
#75 to #1 - kristovsky (10/13/2013) [-]
obviously you've never had my dick.
#70 to #1 - BubsyB (10/13/2013) [-]
I think you mean the SECOND most powerful thing.
I think you mean the SECOND most powerful thing.
User avatar #69 to #1 - coliyo (10/13/2013) [-]
Even more powerful than jellybeans?
User avatar #71 to #69 - darksideofthebeast (10/13/2013) [-]
I'm unsure.


Jellybeans are pretty strong

**** the black ones.
#59 to #1 - jaypaul (10/13/2013) [-]
Yeah/ I've sliced my palm open once and I saw the open wound and the blood pouring out, and as soon as it happened I was like, "Aw, **** this is gonna hurt... Hmm... Wait a minute... Why doesn't this hurt? HEY MOM! WANNA SEE SOMETHING COOL!?"
#46 to #1 - jamieswhiteshirt (10/13/2013) [-]
Clearly you have been mistaken.
#45 to #1 - letrollface (10/13/2013) [-]
> Be me, some schmuck
> Turn off PC and go to bed (alone T_T) at 3 am as usual (no drugs or alcohol)
> Fuzzily wake up in the ******* hospital, half asleep, with medics all around me
> WTF.jpg
> "you were in a car crash"
> WTF.jpg
> Officer standing at the door
> WTF.jpg
> "you got a 15 yo boy killed in the crash"
> WTF.jpg
> mom says how come u no remember? You took a shower and we talked about **** like today's lunch food before you went out
> WTF.jpg
> Did time in jail for it
> MFW I still have absolutely no memory of what happened before going to bed and waking in the hospital.
#357 to #45 - superlild (10/14/2013) [-]
legit?
Is this a legit story?

I mean your name is letrollface but I would like if I could share this story without it being fake.
'Tis a dope story.
#373 to #357 - letrollface (10/20/2013) [-]
legit. It's too boring to be made up anyway.
-3
#304 to #45 - darshian has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #41 to #1 - harryb (10/13/2013) [-]
I'm pretty sure my penis is the most powerful thing
User avatar #32 to #1 - thepouchka (10/13/2013) [-]
what about like a midget with a lightsaber
User avatar #31 to #1 - jarelk (10/13/2013) [-]
Except an apache helicopter. An apache helicopter has machineguns AND missiles, it is an unbelievably impressive compliment of weaponry, an absolute deathmachine.
#83 to #31 - Bobtheblob (10/13/2013) [-]
If you throw brain at apache it'll get brain juice on windshield and blind pilot, making crash.   
   
brain: 1   
apache: 0
If you throw brain at apache it'll get brain juice on windshield and blind pilot, making crash.

brain: 1
apache: 0
#185 to #83 - CIS White Male (10/14/2013) [-]
because a helicopter especially an apache would just crash because there is some **** on the windshield... riiiight
User avatar #186 to #185 - Bobtheblob (10/14/2013) [-]
When it's brain juice probably.
#20 to #1 - CIS White Male (10/13/2013) [-]
*supernovas
User avatar #16 to #1 - frankwest ONLINE (10/13/2013) [-]
I'm pretty certain dying stars are the most powerful things in the universe.
User avatar #42 to #16 - darksideofthebeast (10/13/2013) [-]
With nothing to observe this star it has never existed.


Therefore the brain is the reality of everything.
User avatar #94 to #42 - quadrilateral (10/13/2013) [-]
but the star exists, whether or not we do. To think that everything only exists for us to see it is incredibly arrogant.
User avatar #105 to #94 - newforomador (10/13/2013) [-]
I believe he is going along with the phrase "If a tree falls and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" Because nobody was there to hear it or in this case, see the star(s) than we can't know that it made a sound, and if there were no humans at all to observe things, you could argue that they never existed. People still argue that things don't exist, even if it is an accepted theory. And there is no way that you can 100% prove that it does exist, without witnessing it yourself.
#325 to #105 - erooo (10/14/2013) [-]
WHY THE **** MAKE IT SO COMPLICATED?
Cause and effect guys, if a tree falls it makes a sound. Just because there were noone to observe it doesnt mean it didnt happen (or in this cause didnt make a sound). The observer does not influence the cause or the effect.

Or i might have fallen out of the discussion
User avatar #133 to #105 - rosette **User deleted account** (10/13/2013) [-]
There is no way to 100% prove anything. Even witnessing it is unreliable.
User avatar #143 to #133 - newforomador (10/13/2013) [-]
Yes, but if enough people witness it than it most likely exists, although you're right, it would still be somewhere around 99.9 cont. I have never seen an elephant, except on TV and on the Internet, yet I know they exist. The only example of this I can think of where it isn't true, is with things like cryptids, and that is because none of the witnesses are/have definitive proof. Either way, that just proves my point further.
User avatar #209 to #143 - darkforces ONLINE (10/14/2013) [-]
Watch this video, it does a pretty okay job of explaining what he's trying to say, I think, if you're still having trouble understanding. Is Anything Real?
#358 to #209 - danzey (10/14/2013) [-]
Ahh **** dude, vsauce spree, watched like 15 videos, that's your mark, if you hadn't been here, I wouldn't have watched those videos.
User avatar #359 to #358 - darkforces ONLINE (10/14/2013) [-]
It's always nice when you start one of those sprees. The first time I watched vsauce I watched like 20-30 videos in a row. It was great.
User avatar #212 to #209 - newforomador (10/14/2013) [-]
I know what he's talking about, it's just that things can be proven, just from natural assumption. It's just that things can never be proven to be 100% true.
User avatar #213 to #212 - darkforces ONLINE (10/14/2013) [-]
Well that's the thing. You're using the word 'proven' which is to demonstrate truth, something that we know is completely true. You can't say that something is approximately proven because that contradicts the definition of the word 'prove'. I have almost no idea what I'm talking about though since I have a little to no amount of knowledge on this subject.
User avatar #215 to #213 - newforomador (10/14/2013) [-]
Okay, in that case, 'as proven as anything can possibly be'
User avatar #218 to #215 - darkforces ONLINE (10/14/2013) [-]
Hmm, that might work, but again, I can't give you an actual answer since I have no actual knowledge on the subject. It's fun to think about and argue about though, makes you think.
User avatar #144 to #143 - rosette **User deleted account** (10/13/2013) [-]
What we know is limited to our own sensory perception. No matter how many people witness something, what is seen is seen only by humans. We can never experience or know anything definitively, so we cannot prove anything definitively. I get your point but I'm just saying, there is no such thing as "definitive proof".
User avatar #138 to #133 - darksideofthebeast (10/13/2013) [-]
That is very true.
#28 to #16 - CIS White Male (10/13/2013) [-]
I guess the Big Bang kind of has to be the most powerful thing in the universe, seeing as it contained all matter and energy.
User avatar #14 to #1 - karvarausku ONLINE (10/13/2013) [-]
We could be fiction of imagination ourselves if that would be the case .
User avatar #11 to #1 - maggotarms (10/13/2013) [-]
the brain is the most powerful thing in the universe... according to the brain
User avatar #221 to #11 - biggydy (10/14/2013) [-]
No, don't start with this **** again. For days i was thinking about things like this, and got so distracted i almost got hit by a car one day.
User avatar #139 to #11 - darksideofthebeast (10/13/2013) [-]
Day 1: Maggotarms is on to me.

Must play it safe.
#3 to #1 - chronomancer (10/13/2013) [-]
Agreed wholeheartedly.

Wish everyone knew how to use one.
 Friends (0)