don't be a pleb. . HOW TO OPEN CARRY rigidly RIGHT Be personable Dress sharply Avoid confrontation Have situational awareness Carry handgun in secure holster He don't be a pleb HOW TO OPEN CARRY rigidly RIGHT Be personable Dress sharply Avoid confrontation Have situational awareness Carry handgun in secure holster He
Upload
Login or register

don't be a pleb

Click to block a category:GamingPoliticsNewsComicsAnimeOther
HOW TO OPEN CARRY
rigidly
RIGHT
Be personable
Dress sharply
Avoid confrontation
Have situational awareness
Carry handgun in secure holster
Hearts and minds aren' t won by being a mob.
...
+1752
Views: 62089 Submitted: 06/12/2014
Hide Comments
Leave a comment Refresh Comments (995)
[ 995 comments ]
Anonymous comments allowed.
asd
#864 - smellmop [OP]
Reply +13 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
stickied by smellmop
warning: ********* below.
#2 - charagrin
Reply +510 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
10/10. I am 100% pro-gun and I support open carry. But I truly hate those jackasses walking around with an AR or AK on their backs screaming about "thur Fredumms". They are not pro-gun, they just want attention, and end up making the rest of us look like nutjobs.   
   
You want to carry your hunting rifle on your back while walking on a back road in the countryside? Go for it. You want to carry a locked and loaded AR-15 with 10 extra mags hanging off your body and a Glock on your hip while walking around a Wal-Mart? As A gun owner I say no. No you cannot. Go away.
10/10. I am 100% pro-gun and I support open carry. But I truly hate those jackasses walking around with an AR or AK on their backs screaming about "thur Fredumms". They are not pro-gun, they just want attention, and end up making the rest of us look like nutjobs.

You want to carry your hunting rifle on your back while walking on a back road in the countryside? Go for it. You want to carry a locked and loaded AR-15 with 10 extra mags hanging off your body and a Glock on your hip while walking around a Wal-Mart? As A gun owner I say no. No you cannot. Go away.
#440 to #2 - lihborg
Reply -9 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
i dont get it, why do you need to carry a weapon? what are the benefits? help me understand why the united states is one of the few civilised nations that allows this practice? jesus christ everyday i read the news and too often i see **** like this: "bullied child murders 2, injures 5 in shootout" "boy finds dads gun, kills family" "mental patient released accidentally, kills 10 in cinema" ....i mean what the actual ****? are you people so blind that you actually think that weapons should be sold in stores like they're ******* toys? Ive been to malls in america, oh man you gun stores have more **** in them than sports stores.... god i am pissed when i read this ****, you ******* dont need guns. Knfie control was introduced in the UK and all of a sudden knife related crimes among teens went down, maybe open your ******* taco bell-eating eyes and see the realities? guns kill, people are morons civilians dont need guns.
User avatar #466 to #440 - charagrin
Reply +15 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
The answer is both simple and complicated. "A man who gives up liberty in exchange for safety, deserves neither", the problem is finding the line between the 2. I am not some nutter who thinks "dah gub-a-mint" is out to get me, I just don't think they are out to help me either.

And the ultimate truth is, it is far FAR too late to try and take away our guns, even if anti-gun people were right about them being the cause of everything from cancer to bank fraud. They are already here, you can't just flick a switch and have them disappear.

People always talk about gun crime as though it is the end all statistic we need to pay attention to. But look at actual crime statistics. The UK has a murder rate just as high per capita as the US, the only difference is guns are not used as much. People use what is readily available to commit the crime, but the crime itself remains the same.

As for me personally carrying, I decided to get into guns after a druggie broke into my grandparents house thinking it was the location for a a dealer of some kind, broke my 76(at the time) year old grandfathers arm, took a knife, stole their car, and crashed it into a neighbors house. If you genuinely feel that "guns are bad" than you are a moron. You blame guns so you don't have to face the fact that man makes the choice to do wrong, the gun is just the tool on hand.
#741 to #466 - anon id: db42da41
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I need a new gun for the Russian-made tank I bought 5 years ago.
But teh ebul Obammunist gubmint keeps its statist nazim00zlem grip on the ownership of 125mm single-shot smoothbore guns! It's a VIOLASHUN OF ME RIGHTS!

SECOND AMENDMENT! REMEMBER TEH ALAMO! TEH BLUNK OF THEIR EYES! STATES RIGHTS! FROM ME COLD DEHD HANDS! FREEEEDDUUUUUM!!!


#805 to #741 - darkinfernape
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
you sir, destroyed most of my little faith in anons
you also just made most of the Americans here look like idiots
just go talk like a lunatic else where
#527 to #440 - anon id: 06dd69e3
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Now just take the time to think about this. 90% of these murders you are talking about happen in areas that you are not allowed to carry guns in.

Then take the time to think about this...the number of murders in the U.S. are, as charagrin said, about the same per capita as elsewhere.

Then take the time to think about this. The crime rate in the US is about the same in other countries. Our prison population is higher because of longer prison sentences, not more crime.

Then take the time to think about this. Nothing you just said has anything to do with charagrins belief that you should be allowed to carry a weapon on some back roads in the country, but not in a big populated store. Or his idea that the weapons like an AR or AK should not be carried openly.

Take a final bit of time to realize that you are an idiot.
User avatar #137 to #2 - fuzzysixx
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Last time I went shooting I had 4 hand guns on me, but I was going out to the dessert and easier to load all in the shade and carry to shooting position. On average day just 1, semi concealed.
#553 to #2 - anon id: a3586d90
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
If I open carried to make a statement/scream attention. I'd get out a full ghilli suit or a WWII German Werhmact uniform, slap on a Mauser and go out in style!
User avatar #583 to #2 - yuukoku
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I'm okay with open carry, but why would you want people to know you have a gun? I figure the element of surprise is something to consider and let's face it, people are going to treat you differently if you have a handgun hanging out. I believe it's best to just have it tucked away just in case.
User avatar #602 to #583 - charagrin
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
It is situational, just like everything else. When I am out camping, fishing, or on back trails mudding, I usually carry a revolver openly. When I am at work, shopping, or running other errands I usually carry my Glock concealed. Reasonable OC'ers like the gentleman on the right generally do it simply to exercise their right to do so. it is up to them to weight the pro's and con's of the activity itself.
#728 to #2 - anon id: 46501528
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Why don't you go shoot up a school you cunt
#744 to #2 - anon id: e4e0b649
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
You think there is a big difference between the thing you support and the one you don't, but from an outside perspective, that difference is as big as the difference between two closely related christian orders. One might be a little worse than the other, but after all, it's the same **** just in different color.
#821 to #744 - anon id: e4e0b649
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
uuuh, -4 so far, wazzap gunmen, u sad u don't win pplz minds and hearts?
User avatar #831 to #821 - balloketchup
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
no, but if that really is your view then you lack basic elementary compare/contrasting skills
#850 to #831 - anon id: e4e0b649
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
So you don't care you win any hearts and minds?

It does not matter to me, how the private citizen looks, who thinks it's cool to carry a gun around. It freaks me out anyway. And like it or not, that's not a stupid anon's irrelevant opinion, it's what you hear left and right in the comment-section and anywhere else.
User avatar #859 to #850 - balloketchup
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
I'd rather embrace humility, be willing put my views under a magnifying glass, and have a back and forth with someone who thinks otherwise. Because, if we're both aiming towards truth instead of just being defensive about our views, we'll learn something. I was against open carries before, but after I thought of the simplest solution to school shootings (arming the teachers), it changed. So no, I really don't care about winning hearts or minds.
#894 to #859 - anon id: e4e0b649
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
good for you, then you won't be disappointed
User avatar #748 to #2 - masterfaps
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
In Texas we don't have open carry for anything but long arms. Some of my pro gun advocates give us a bad image when they improperly carry. When Derek Poe walked through the mall and got his ar taken yes it was a little dumb to go through that public of a place, but it was even more so for them to break the law and take the gun(which he got back). I think a lot of people overreact to someone open carrying a long arm. If you don't want someone to open carry a long arm let them open carry a handgun. It a lot less scary and it makes everyone happy. It's all very circumstantial as to why they are doing it.
#759 to #2 - anon id: f93c2ce7
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Well,what about carrying a hunting rifle on your back in wal-mart...?
User avatar #824 to #759 - charagrin
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Why not? It is all about public perception. People wrongly see an AR-15, an AK, or any other "tacti-cool" weapon as a threat. It makes them uncomfortable, and in return that discomfort creates a negative connotation between guns and people who own them. Again, they are not right to see every scary black rifle as a threat, but they do. We need to educate them, not force it down their throats and just make them rebel against the idea more.
#813 to #2 - rainyeyes
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
**rainyeyes rolled image**

Like OP's original point, we want to promote responsible gun ownership, not asshats who decide that it's cool to get a gun and flaunt it around for attention.
User avatar #858 to #2 - leonhardt
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Enjoy your colored text
User avatar #865 to #858 - charagrin
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
I'll probably give the item to one of my friends if I get it. I am appreciative though, not for the thumbs, but because so many people are on board with our second amendment rights. It genuinely makes me happy to see so many supporters, hopefully we can eventually fix the issues we have as a country, and remove the stigma from firearm ownership. Sounds corny to say, I know, but I mean it.
User avatar #235 to #2 - aviatrix
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I actually want to think they're doing it ironically to diminish pro-gun support. No one is that retarded...
I hope
User avatar #500 to #235 - trollchildxy
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
You must not have ever lived in a small town. Regardless, i promise, they are, and i know people who are like that.
User avatar #967 to #500 - aviatrix
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
I was born and raised in Smalltown, Ohio.
You must not ever have been very good at holding back assumptions.
User avatar #767 to #235 - crazehtoast
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
You ever been to Texas?
Of all the stereotypes that are just idiocy, the one that's spot-on is our hard-ons for guns.
Go to a big-ish city, you'll find someone with a shoulder-strapped 10 Gauge Compensator.
User avatar #968 to #767 - aviatrix
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
I went to Texas for the first time recently, to San Antonio. The stereotypes of that state hold comically true. I was not fortunate enough to witness someone carrying an AR around though.
User avatar #73 to #2 - doombunni
Reply +29 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I agree with you 100%, but that gif makes me feel reeeeaally uncomfortable for some reason
#12 - pjers
Reply +347 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
How to actually make this worthwhile.
ban guns, carry swords.
User avatar #551 to #12 - improbable
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
it was much more imminent 300 years ago. not that u dont need weapons anymore, its just that firearms just doesnt cut it if you're in a 1st world country
#554 to #12 - anon id: a3586d90
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
TO THE RENAISSANCE!
#559 to #12 - anon id: fdd002bb
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
YES
User avatar #306 to #12 - tibialun
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I was at an anime convention one weekend. Had a katana on my back, walked to the nearest Denny's and sat down, ate. I got so many looks but they were fine with me being there with it. (not to mention in full samurai armor)
User avatar #355 to #12 - wykkid
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
in california you can carry around a sword as long as it is sheathed
#450 to #12 - EdwardNigma
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Give spears plz.
Give spears plz.
User avatar #497 to #12 - xiroku
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I remember a movie about where guns were outlawed, so everyone ended up using blades or their fists.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunraku_(film)

Called Bunraku, don't really watch movies, but wasn't half bad.
#501 to #12 - maxpunchman
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I carried a sheathed sword on my belt to my school prom because my date thought it was funny. The principal confiscated it despite my reasoning of 'But what if I am forced to duel in my lady's honor?!"
#782 to #12 - splattercrap
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
I would much rather get killed by a gun than a sword
I would much rather get killed by a gun than a sword
#134 to #12 - newdevyx
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
We have a winner.
We have a winner.
#655 to #134 - digitroll
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
yeahhhhh.... what anime is this? lol
#692 to #655 - braggaboom
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Fist of the North Star   
   
Definitely worth a watch if you enjoy post-apocaliptic settings with bodies being torn and exploded to pieces in a flashy fashion.
Fist of the North Star

Definitely worth a watch if you enjoy post-apocaliptic settings with bodies being torn and exploded to pieces in a flashy fashion.
#668 to #655 - jonpetermatt
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
It is Hokuto no Ken
You need to login to view this link
It's pretty good
User avatar #670 to #668 - digitroll
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
thank you!
#678 to #655 - LittleEnforcer
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
fist of the north star
#659 to #655 - newdevyx
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
User avatar #666 to #659 - digitroll
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
alright thanks anyways!
#48 to #12 - artyomthebadass
Reply +11 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
we bring back swords and capes
we bring back swords and capes
#189 to #48 - moorgar
Reply +38 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
#98 to #12 - RiflemanFunny
Reply +31 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
DOOD! THAT MEANS THE NECKBEARDS WILL BE GIVEN A MASSIVE ADVANTAGE!
DOOD! THAT MEANS THE NECKBEARDS WILL BE GIVEN A MASSIVE ADVANTAGE!
#766 to #98 - anon id: fddfb586
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
They will have swords but not the physical ability to actually use them.
#823 to #766 - RiflemanFunny
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Their large stature will be their weakness, yet the steel fedoras slaughtered many unsuspecting fighters.
#13 to #12 - withstrangeraeons
Reply +52 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I could get behind a movement like that
mostly because I don't want to be in front of people with swords.
#15 to #13 - pjers
Reply +12 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
majestic as ****.
User avatar #61 - bullbrigade
Reply +317 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
As a non-american I'm wondering if you people are aware of how weird the concept of civilians openly carrying firearms is to most of us.
#880 to #61 - swagbot
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]


And as an American, I'm just completely unable to find a **** to give about the malformed opinions of wussy European people.
#156 to #61 - anon id: 4ac67e63
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I live in Massachusetts and I can tell you I would be extremely uncomfortable with either of these people (I mean yeah a lot more uncomfortable with the people on the left). America isn't unified on guns (that's why all the inability to pass gun reform yet we keep trying to do it) so half the country isn't like this.
User avatar #272 to #61 - azroth
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
i know right? if you're a fellow britfag, imagine how ****** up it would be if it was legal for some average asbo chav could just go out and get a licence to own a pistol, England would be a ******* bloodbath
User avatar #349 to #61 - astroelephant
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
As everyone has already said, we are aware, what the more politically correct people aren't mentioning is that there is a portion of our country with the minds of toddlers with a pile of toys. Toddlers who think in binary and are intellectually unable to give any ground for that reason.

An instant ban of firearms is impossible and unfair to the responsible gun owners, and most reasonable people understand that there needs to be limits and regulations. But these ******* toddlers though, anytime some tries to do something good, they bitch and whine and complain about their rights.
User avatar #560 to #61 - dongers
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
honestly I havnt seen many people in my life openly carrying, I was born in america and i still make a note of it whenever I see someone doing it which is probably normal because they have a gun. That being said I completely support open carry except in places that specifically say no firearms. I just want to be allowed to because things get a little scary, how it is now most people can have a concealed carry gun and you wouldn't know it which is good and bad depending how you look at it.
User avatar #566 to #61 - GoldenLotus
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
As someone living in California, the notion is weird for me as well.
User avatar #789 to #61 - brenton
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
It's weird to a lot of us too. But if they dressed professionally, I'd probably just assume they were feds or something, so I really wouldn't think twice about it.
#996 to #61 - anon id: da485d51
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(12/31/2014) [-]
Yes, Yes we are. Some are oblivious to the fact other countries exist but that is everywhere. We wish the "bottom of the barrel" folks would stay quiet and at home. But we're so plagued with the stupidity of self entitled pricks our "ugly" side shows and the rest of the world only looks at it.
User avatar #71 to #61 - thefates
Reply +23 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Of course we're aware, but as we are such a large country and the gun trade is already so deeply ingrained in our country, taking it away from the citizens who actually use it for defense would be counter-productive as criminals would still be able to acquire guns through illegal means. If anything crime would be better prevented in America by lifting some of the barriers, but not all, on getting a gun for defense. Smaller countries don't have as much of a problem because, what many people overseas fail to realize, is that much of America is still completely empty of civilization. As such, it's almost impossible to prevent people from hiding what they want to hide.
User avatar #72 to #71 - bullbrigade
Reply +42 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I can see the logic behind your point, but still I'm under the impression that having a lot of guns in circulation among the civilian population raises more problems than it solves. I've seen the number of school shootings in the last 4 years and it's nothing short of terrifying. Your solution? Putting armed guards into schools. I can't be the only one to notice the absurdity.
User avatar #593 to #72 - kilotech
Reply +11 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
many more shootings are stopped by armed civilians they just never get more than local coverage
User avatar #481 to #72 - newforomador
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
But, those shootings were probably done with guns that were obtained illegally. And even if they weren't, if somebody there had had a gun it would've been over a lot faster and with a lot less people dead. And for specifically schools, it would probably just be some of the teachers that would take a class for it and then get a gun that would be for only at the school, and be kept in a securely locked box when it wasn't being carried.
#547 to #481 - anon id: 8986956a
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Most School Shootings use guns aquired legally. Case in point sandy hook.
User avatar #591 to #547 - gatorade
Reply +10 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
It was stolen from the shooters mother. Her fault for not safely locking it away.

My father showed me and by siblings his gun safe. It's in a high spot, out of reach of kids, and is locked. That's what all gun carriers should have. It should be a requirement.
#673 to #591 - anon id: 3d0cbfe6
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
It is the uk. Atleast last time I checked. You may have a firearm for recreation but at all other times it must be locked away in a safe out of sight
User avatar #830 to #673 - sirgawain
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
These guys were talking about gun situations in the US.
#844 to #673 - anon id: 6b07e992
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
The thing is, if I were to go so ******* crazy that I wanted to shoot something up, I wouldn't let a little thing like gun control stop me from doing so. If I were that determined to hurt people, I would certainly have enough determination to acquire a weapon.

Guns are too widespread at this point to try to retroactively impose laws to ban them. All that would accomplish is create a black market for the sale of the millions of guns already in peoples hands.

"If we make guns illegal, then people will stop shooting each other. Just like how everyone stopped doing drugs when we banned those."

Also, your points are actually significantly weakened by the fact you brought up school shootings. Mass shootings are a tiny percentage of gun violence. And despite what the media would have you think, they're not on the rise. They're just being reported more widely because the media has realized they will get nationwide attention.

TL;DR, there's a problem, but gun control is not the answer.
#590 to #547 - twentyten
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
And then there's another issue about having tighter and more thorough background checks, maybe even a psychiatric evaluation, etc.
#867 to #590 - jubajubejiblets
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
The problem with that is whoever is passing the laws gets to set the standard for what is considered "insane". Say through said background check the guys at the office find somebody with political views that don't match theirs, leaving them with no means to protect them or their family... It could be a slippery slope. If the gun sellers themselves were required to do a background check, that could be a different story. Maybe make stipulation that if you sell a gun to somebody and they go on a rampage that their could be consequences for you too. Idk, i'm just spitballing here, but my main point is that stuff like that makes a lot of room for corruption.
#936 to #72 - tsoper
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
**tsoper rolled image** You seen a number of school shootings?    
   
And how many people die in school shootings?    
   
What? ONLY 27?  Oh no, 27 deaths... compared to the thousands of deaths from vehicle accidents.    
   
More people die from getting hit by thunder than by getting shot. The only areas that are responsible for gun violence is Detroit and the bad parts of California, and no body gives a ****, because those places are filled with uneducated monkeys who deserve to get shot.
**tsoper rolled image** You seen a number of school shootings?

And how many people die in school shootings?

What? ONLY 27? Oh no, 27 deaths... compared to the thousands of deaths from vehicle accidents.

More people die from getting hit by thunder than by getting shot. The only areas that are responsible for gun violence is Detroit and the bad parts of California, and no body gives a ****, because those places are filled with uneducated monkeys who deserve to get shot.
User avatar #883 to #72 - durkadurka
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
It's actually the other way around, solving more problems than it causes. Being able to defend yourself is important.
I'd also like to point out that though those shootings are getting more coverage, gun violence has been going down.

And the reason why shooters go to schools is because they know they can go and shoot lots of people without anyone there being able to offer any kind of resistance. Calling for armed guards isn't unreasonable. It's certainly more reasonable than the implied alternative.
User avatar #833 to #72 - commontroll
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Why is it ridiculous to have armed guards in schools? In the Norway camp shooting, more than 60 kids died because there wasn't anybody there to stop them.

Every shooting that involves a madman with a gun in the same place as responsible citizens with guns ends with one or two casualties, as opposed to 30+. Yes, crazy people have access to guns here, but my question is, why don't more sane people have guns here?
User avatar #707 to #72 - skittlesinexcess
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
It's because American schools are actually hell, a school shooting the the same thing as a prison riot.
#79 to #72 - sirbrentcoe
Reply -18 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
yes. it's absurd to think that introducing armed, highly trained professional marksmen in defensive positions around children-filled buildings would do anything to deter psychopaths from entering said institution with lethal intent.

It's not any different than having armed guards at Buckingham Palace, or the White House. People don't make a habit of shooting up either location because theirs a very good chance they would wind up looking like Swiss Cheese.
#298 to #79 - kezia
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I think you underestimate how little skill a gun requires.

All you really have to do is have 2 people take the 2 guards by supprise and they dead.

Unless you're talking like 12 armed guards at every school.

But that doesnt seem at all feasable.
User avatar #304 to #298 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
accuracy is a contributing factor to become eligible to carry in 'Pistol-Free Zones.'
#84 to #79 - anon id: 48d57112
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I understand what he is saying though. The absurdity lies in the idea that they had to resort to a measure like that to see results.

The solution thought up to fix this "Gun Violence and School Shooting" Epidemic is putting more people with more guns around places at risk. It seems logical, but weaponless or not, someone who is willing to commit mass murder will find a way, gun or not. As said by many other people, It's not a gun issue, it's a mental health issue. A big one too. Placing arm guards in school won't lower the number of people who want to shoot up schools, it'll just delay them or force them to find another outlet. Hardly a solution, just a roadblock
#881 to #84 - jubajubejiblets
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Well, but a roadblock will help. It won't totally fix the problem, no. It's something. Mental instability is not fully understood if you've got some sources that can tell me about real progress in patience, let me know. , and it's gonna take some time before we can go around treating people, even if the facilities were commonplace. Some more research and public education would be nice though.
User avatar #841 to #84 - sirgawain
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
There needs to be some sort of way to evaluate if someone is careful enough and well-trained enough to be registered to own firearms- If ou've got an untrained careless person who keeps their guns in, say, an unlocked desk, it would be disastrous if that house also had a mentally ill person in there that is prone to violence.
Another thing that would help would be if medical care for mental patients was better and more readil available- but there would likely also need to be better understanding of these conditions in order to allow for this improved care.
User avatar #86 to #84 - sirbrentcoe
Reply -8 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
it absolutely is a mental health issues anon. but people are treating it like a gun issue. more importantly, it's a governmental issue, meaning that I actually believe the government is behind most of these shootings.
#106 to #86 - anon id: e9ce8756
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
non-american here
I am okay with people owning guns. It's their thing to have them but why the **** do you need to carry them around? In a ******* store? I have never held a gun in my life and I probably never will so maybe I don't get this special feeling how it is to carry a gun. But seriously when I shop for groceries and I have to ask someone to put their assault rife aside to reach the cheese, I mean there can't be a treat every. I have been to poor parts of africa and we were wandering around and going in stores (My entire family is white, blond and tall) and I have never feel threatened. Also when I was in the US (Michigan,NYC,New Jersey,Cali,Washington,Arizona,Nevada) I didn't have the feeling that there's a shooting every moment that I need a gun now. Never been to Texas tho
User avatar #109 to #106 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I live in Ypsil, grew up in Detroit. I have seen car-jackings and muggings as part of every day life, when I was younger. Now that I am of-age, I am taking precautions to not become a victim.
#110 to #109 - anon id: e9ce8756
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I understand that. I live in Germany. I know a couple of people that have weapons. Most of them are hunters, one a ex-soldier who fought in Kosovo. I understand that owning a gun stuff, but not holstering it in public. While having it in a car and stuff is okay.
User avatar #111 to #110 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
well, open-carry is a way for people who are of-age, but can't afford to get the permit to carry in public. You don't have to have a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) to open-carry. But that rule comes with a lot of stipulations. I carry inside the waste-band most of the time, except when I'm in Redford. Then I tuck my shirt behind my pistol, because that's the area where I've seen 7 car jackings, countless strong-arm robberies, and a lot of BnE's. I want people to know, when I'm there, that I won't hesitate to put two thru their chest if they intend to do me bodily harm.
#403 to #111 - anon id: 3a91bbcc
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Sooooo by tucking it into your shirt, you're making yourself a target because now the car jackers know someone around has a gun, therefor they'll go home and get their guns to shoot your ass and then steal your car
User avatar #409 to #403 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
wouldn't expect any kind of sense to come from an anon, and i'm not disappointed. No, they would not take the risk of getting shot in return. the physical presence of a firearm deters most cowardly criminals from acting against people they would normally target as victims. Carrying a handgun shows that you are making a conscious decision to not be a victim, and are wanting to protect yourself and those around you that you care for. it also shows that you are an individual who is aware of his or her surroundings, and that you are prepared to do bodily harm to prevent bodily harm to yourself or others.
#447 to #409 - anon id: 3a91bbcc
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Look, I'm all for gun rights. It is a right of the american people, but open-carry is just stupid and will get you killed, either you shooting yourself or someone else shooting you to get rid of a threat to themselves.
#115 to #111 - anon id: e9ce8756
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Oke I see so there is really a cause why u guys do that. didn't know that.
User avatar #116 to #115 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
in Michigan, at least.
User avatar #144 to #116 - atomschlumpf
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
So open carrying is permitted everywhere but you need to get a license to carry a firearm concealed?
User avatar #151 to #144 - sirbrentcoe
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
No, their are restrictions on open-carry, fewer on cpl holders. at least in michigan.

www.usacarry.com/forums/michigan-discussion-firearm-news/2792-open-carry-legal-michigan.html

User avatar #152 to #151 - atomschlumpf
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Why exctly is concealed carrying more restricted? And what do you have to pass to get the license? Sorry, I'm also German so I don't know a lot about the american gun laws but I'm kinda curious
User avatar #162 to #152 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
its' restricted because you don't want everyone concealing a firearm, if they are proven mentally unstable or have a felony record. Felons can't even own guns. Basically, you have to pass a Federal background check, take an 8 hour class, and 3-5 hours of range time under an instructor to get a CPL. they want to make sure you are an accurate shot, have working knowledge of a firearm, proper firearm safety, care, and handling. It's more or less making sure you are competent in the eyes of a trained professional to carry a concealed handgun.
User avatar #172 to #162 - atomschlumpf
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Man....I would like to have a gun
User avatar #410 to #172 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
as long as you learn to use it responsibly, go for it.
User avatar #473 to #410 - atomschlumpf
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
It's much harder to get a gun in Germany. I would have to get a heavy steel cabinet with a strong lock for it and it would always have to be locked up and **** like that
#511 to #162 - shittyrone
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
just read this thread and you made the most sense I've heard yet about guns, it's a kinda alien thing to me since it's illegal here in Scotland, but it's still interesting to hear sensible peoples views instead of just saying its 'their right' as an excuse.
User avatar #326 to #79 - lazypaul
Reply -3 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
'This guy' is trying to sensibly and respectfully discuss it and you are being a dick.
User avatar #331 to #326 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
how was I being a dick? All I said was putting an armed guard at banks has helped to deter crime, having armed guards at court houses manning the metal detectors has helped lower shootings there, pretty much any place they put armed, trained security personnel, their is a decrease in violent crime.
User avatar #341 to #331 - lazypaul
Reply -2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
You are being a dick because you are using sarcasm to try and mock him.
User avatar #345 to #341 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
i disagree with his outlook on the proposed solution to a problem. if anything, i would call that a scathing comment, more than sarcasm.

at any rate, it's a fact that armed security personnel reduces violent crimes. I'm very much in support of having guards at a school. And yes, anyone who wants to kill will find a way. But deterrence is the goal. And people wouldn't think its a good idea to bring a gun to school, knowing a trained and responsible adult has one, and will use it to protect the students at all costs.
User avatar #506 to #345 - sspacecore
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
It's amazing how the laws have changed over the years, I remember in college we used to go hunting early in the morning, drop off our hauls, and just walk into the classroom still in our gear, guns and all. But now that we can't bring our guns with us, It's good to have security guards who can.

TL;DR: If we can't defend ourselves personally, It's good to have someone onsite who's sole responsibility is to defend the people there.
#332 to #326 - anon id: 02d9a73b
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
>jumps into the conversation half way thru
>bandwagon thumbs a guy down
>decides to try and call the dude out without reading the rest of the conversation
2.5/10, would thumb down again
User avatar #765 to #71 - TarnRazor
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
One word: Australia. Australia imposed a gun ban or strengthened gun regulations or something after a shooting broke out. Ever since then, statistics detailing crime and shootings have gone down. I'm pro-gun, honestly but there needs to be imposed regulations regarding eligibility to carry one. Not to mention that assault rifles are just unnecessary.
User avatar #778 to #765 - thefates
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
There are regulations to impose carrying one here. It's actually relatively time-consuming to get a license.
User avatar #780 to #778 - TarnRazor
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
I thought that was dependent on the state. Sorry, I'm hardly an expert on gun regulations.
#747 to #71 - anon id: e4e0b649
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
"We're living so deep in ****, that we can only dig in deeper."

Well, bon voyage then!
#438 to #71 - blancka
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
The journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.

Sure, if guns were banned out, next week gun crime won't stop. But after guns are illegal for 10 or 20 years there will be a drastic drop in the availability. Problems won't be solved with an all or nothing mentality.
User avatar #452 to #438 - thefates
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
The thing is, that is much more difficult than mandatory gun ownership laws, which have been shown to have drastic decreases in criminal activity where introduced.
#43 - I Am Monkey
Reply +228 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
There's actually been a law passed that you can open carry any firearm you want, regardless of classification if you're dressed entirely in American Flag clothing.
There's actually been a law passed that you can open carry any firearm you want, regardless of classification if you're dressed entirely in American Flag clothing.
#555 to #43 - anon id: a3586d90
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Murica
User avatar #796 to #43 - xsnowshark
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Is wearing an eagle helmet mandatory too? If not, it should be
#339 to #43 - kkKhris
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
**** YEAH MERICAN
**** YEAH MERICAN
User avatar #138 to #43 - fuzzysixx
Reply +18 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
All I see is 2 guns floating in the air.
#145 to #138 - JustintheWaysian
Reply +54 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
That's because you can't see freedom. Only feel it.
#499 to #145 - seazombie
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
You just made my ******* day. Thank you; that comment was so funny, that I'm not going to kill myself tonight.
#607 to #499 - requiemofsins
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
"Tonight."
#774 to #499 - rollfourexplain
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
**rollfourexplain rolls 4,054**

I don't understand.

Why are you going to kill yourself?
User avatar #509 to #499 - duckwith
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
How cool
User avatar #150 to #145 - fuzzysixx
Reply -4 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Ameriflauge

Knock Knock
Who's there?
America mother ******!
User avatar #415 to #150 - flevee
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Don't ya know? Freedom doesn't knock, it rings.
User avatar #585 to #150 - fuzzysixx
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Interesting that I am being thumbed down for quoting the video.
#16 - pallypal
Reply +111 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Good, enjoy your right to open carry.

Don't be upset when it makes people uncomfortable and you get stopped every other day by a police officer making sure you're licensed though.
User avatar #136 to #16 - fuzzysixx
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
What is this licensed to open carry you speak of? We do not have such silly things.
User avatar #171 to #16 - douthit
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Not every state requires you to be licensed to open carry or even own a pistol, shotgun, or rifle.
User avatar #179 to #16 - nebuelaeus
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
You don't need a license to open carry, anyone in the united states who is over 18 can open carry.

Now, where you are allowed to do it at and what types of firearms you can use change depending on the state.
#223 to #179 - pallypal
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
You need registration for your firearm.

If I was working in a state with open carry laws I would be checking every person with one, because I feel it's my duty to ensure the people in my town are safe, especially in times when so many shootings are happening.

I personally believe it's a poor choice to open carry at this time, but that's not my place, so I'd just be doing the best with the situation I was given.

Thank god I'm in Ontario and don't actually have to do that.
User avatar #939 to #223 - tsoper
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
he said the united states, not canada
User avatar #550 to #223 - apurpleliger
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Registration? As in your firearm being registered? I don't know specifically which states allow open carry and don't require firearm registration, but I know for certain that a lot of states don't make you register your firearm.
User avatar #294 to #223 - nebuelaeus
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Yeah, but you didn't say registration, you said license, and I was replying to what you said.
User avatar #244 to #179 - skoomalover
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
in alabama anyone under 21 is legally required to open carry
User avatar #256 to #244 - blokrokker
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
In fact, it's illegal to NOT own a gun in Alabama. Trust me, I'm from Louisiana.
User avatar #194 to #16 - reginleif
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Not sure how this works pal, you see in California you can legally conceal carry, but open is illegal.

I'm inclined to believe that states have different views on open carry vs concealed.
#443 to #16 - anon id: 5cd9d455
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I've been open carrying my handgun for years and have yet to be stopped by the police or made anyone uncomfortable. That's just a myth.
User avatar #366 to #16 - u do wat to sheep
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I carry like those men in the photo on the right, and not one time have I been stopped by a police officer about my gun, you can obviously see it, but they just never mention it.

For reference I live in Las Vegas
#394 to #16 - mattymc
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Seems like a good way to make friends with the cops though, provided you arent an asshole to them
#59 - cloymax
Reply +87 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
My cynical mind tells me that 90% of people that open carry don't have deterring criminals in mind, but rather just seek to bolster their own ego and try to look cool/dangerous.   
   
Which is alright in itself, hey I don't judge but that group also contains people on the left that have to be obnoxious about it.
My cynical mind tells me that 90% of people that open carry don't have deterring criminals in mind, but rather just seek to bolster their own ego and try to look cool/dangerous.

Which is alright in itself, hey I don't judge but that group also contains people on the left that have to be obnoxious about it.
User avatar #173 to #59 - douthit
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
They probably do it because they feel it's unconstitutional or immoral to force people to ask permission, be fingerprinted, and pay to carry concealed.
User avatar #265 to #173 - givememoarpony
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
nice profile pic
User avatar #148 to #59 - fuzzysixx
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
When I do it it is probably 50/50. When my best lady friend/inlove with/complicated sexual relationship lady was in town I always carried when I was with her. Combination of "manly man" feels from "protecting" her, and legitimate concern protecting her, as I know there is no other way for me to win a fight.
#503 to #59 - darkace
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
That or if you don't have a CPL that is the only way to carry a firearm on your person. If you conceal it in any way with out a permit you are breaking the law. In addition if some one goes into a public location they are less likely to cause a crime if they believe they might be met with deadly force.
User avatar #505 to #503 - cloymax
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
actually did not know this

never stop learning
User avatar #80 to #59 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
open-carrying is to deter crime, at least that's why I do it.
#604 to #80 - anon id: c8bbb099
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
the only crime you will see in your life is littering. But i guess reality is too boring and guns are so coool.
User avatar #622 to #604 - thewulfman
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Ah yet another worthless anon IP hidden.

Tis a good day.
#966 to #604 - sirbrentcoe
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
i've been stabbed multiple times, and shot at twice. but hey, you continue judging me while not actually knowing anything about me!
i've been stabbed multiple times, and shot at twice. but hey, you continue judging me while not actually knowing anything about me!
#125 - duudegladiator
Reply -32 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
MFW im pro Open Carry, and read the comments.    
   
Eurofags need to get on our level.
MFW im pro Open Carry, and read the comments.

Eurofags need to get on our level.
#382 to #125 - anon id: c8bbb099
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
no thanks, our penises are adequate, no need for extensions.
#445 to #125 - lihborg
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
oh yes it must suck knowing our kids can safely walk around school, shops etc knowing they wont be victims of some douchedick who lost his mind, found his daddys gun and killed 15 people just because some bitch wouldnt give him a handy in the bathrooms... oh man **** you.
#522 to #445 - puttman
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
douchedick lost his mind, thats a mental health issue not gun
grabbed his dads guns thats a parental issue
wouldnt get a handy uhhhhh personal issue?
ya its sucks that he decided to take a gun and use it in this manner but getting rid of the gun wont get rid of the douchedick, the bad parents, and and those stuck up no handies bitches, come on give a brother a hand
#825 to #125 - newdevyx
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
People comparing US to Europe.
People comparing US to Europe.
#126 to #125 - comradewinter
Reply +81 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I like our crime rate where it is now; better than yours.
#770 to #126 - notstill
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
******* black people
#988 to #126 - anon id: 508d489f
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/14/2014) [-]
I was going to post a very long, well cited counterargument and then I realized that you aren't worth the time. Felt it'd be a waste to close this window without calling you a faggot, though.

Faggot.
#989 to #988 - comradewinter
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/14/2014) [-]
Actually, you were looking up sources to prove me wrong, only to realize I was right
User avatar #937 to #126 - formerlvtwoeight
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Yeah but you don't have to worry about *******
#942 to #937 - comradewinter
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Gypsies and Middle Easterners make up for that.
User avatar #943 to #942 - formerlvtwoeight
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
True
#890 to #126 - anon id: 2182c31e
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
More gun control doesn't equal more crime. Try again: theacru.org/acru/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/
User avatar #889 to #126 - durkadurka
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Because surely that difference is caused by firearms. When people don't have firearms, they just become less violent.
#895 to #889 - comradewinter
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
It's easier to kill someone by pulling a trigger rather than beating someone repatedly with your bloodied fists. The US has a higher murder rate than any other country of the same standards, and by a large margin. And don't mention socio-economical situation, even countries with worse economy have better statistics.
User avatar #900 to #895 - durkadurka
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Murder rate is different than crime rate. I'd also argue that American culture is more violent.
#871 to #126 - swagbot
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Last I heard, Britain's Violent Crime Rate was FOUR TIMES that of the United States.

Get in reality, *********.
#879 to #871 - comradewinter
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
A violent crime in the UK also involves carrying sharp objects, so it's no big surprise.
#906 to #879 - swagbot
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Ahh, nevermind my comment.

If we had pure statistics, this conversation would be easily settled one way or another.

Our bureaucrats who direct governmental statistics agencies always have an axe to grind, so we're never gonna get straight answer anyways.

Because of that, I just think about which paradigm makes the most sense to me:

> Criminals Don't follow Law.
> Normal Citizens Do Follow laws.
> A Law is enacted to make gun possession a crime
> Normal citizens will disarm, following said Law. They will now have no guns.
> Criminals will not disarm, disobeying said law. They will still have guns.
> Now we have a situation where criminals have guns, and Normal Citizens do not.

None of you anti-gun people have EVER refuted this SIMPLE argument.
You, comradewinter, are welcome to try...
... but if you cannot, please just entertain the mere *possibility* that your anti-gun paradigm is poorly-reasoned.
#935 to #906 - comradewinter
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
2/3 murders in the US are second-degree, hence on impulse. Most of these by citizens. What you don't see, which is painful to watch, is that you classify people as "law-abiding citizens" and "criminals". What makes you a criminal? Breaking the law? Making a living off crime? By definition, a criminal is someone who has commited a crime. Doesn't matter if you steal an apple or blow up a subway station, both would be criminals.

Assuming you mean people who make their living through criminal actions, they still don't make up for much. They tend to be involved in other crimes such as drug trade, prostitution and other gang activity. The bulk of the murders come straight from your normal citizens. They get pissed off at something, remember they have a gun somewhere, and go nuts. First degree murders, which are preplanned murders, are pretty rare because most people cool down after a while. That's also why there's a 15 day waiting period for a handgun, so you won't just drop by the store if you feel angry.

So there you have it. Murderers are people too, with problems that may cause them to murder out of desperation. Criminals by trade won't give up their guns, but how many of those do you find in respectable streets? Don't assume just because someone follows the law they are unwilling to kill if under hard weather.
#949 to #935 - swagbot
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
You've thought about this, but I feel not deeply enough:

... and you're falling for the Media's propaganda effort to paint a picture that the world is cracking in half, and that Normal People are gunning eachother down in the streets. There are a lot more good people in this world than we give our Race credit for... they're just fragmented and confused.

> Out of that 2/3 that you mentioned, how many of those are with guns?
> How many of those are committed by people with a Criminal Record (and thus are the sort of ne'er-do-wells that would refuse a disarmament law anyways)?
> Comparatively, how many crimes are PREVENTED by guns every year? (Hint: it's tens-of-thousands in the U.S., far more than the number of murders committed with them. Sauce if you want.

And anyways, your whole argument comes back on itself at some point:

Okay fine - say all of these 'not-professional-criminals-but-still-unstable-people' give up their guns... and all the TRULY good people give up THEIR guns as well.... (And the Criminals don't)...

Say a Criminal or a Crazy-Normal person goes to assault one of the 'Truly Good' citizens...

> Back in the Era of Guns, the Aggressor would have thought twice about that action if they knew that there was a change that the 'Good' Person was armed, and that their moment of passion could very well cost their life... even if they had a gun as well!

> However, now that nobody has guns, the 'Barrier to Entry' for that crime is lowered, now that the criminal knows he'll only be dealing with fists at the worst. Thus, you get more rapes, muggins, etc.
#953 to #949 - comradewinter
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
So picture me this: How does the US have better socio-economics than other countries, yet they have far more crime? Only difference are the gun laws. Some other minor factors as well, but it all boils down to availability of weapons.

>The majority. Killing someone on the spot requires some sort of way of doing it. You could always stab them, but there's at least a better chance to escape. Like I said, it's easier to pull out a gun and pull a trigger.

>Most people have some sort of criminal record, but most don't commit crimes that make you serve time. Unpaid bills can be a factor. And most murders that are non-gang activity are done by ordinary people, as you call them. If you judge someone by their ability to accept a disarmament, most of the US can be seen as ne'er-do-wells.

>Crimes may be prevented, but also solved. If someone tries to rob a store you can pull out a gun to stop him, but when the perpetrator is eventually caught, you are equally back to square one. Crime happens in Europe too, but the cases are solved and money + reparation is returned.

And if your country is as laughable as saying people don't have compassion, the country itself is worse than Uganda. Of course it makes things easier, but what are the odds that someone would walk up to you with a gun in the middle of the street and rob you? If your country is that dense and cruel, you really are the laughing stock of the world. Europe does well without guns. Asia does well without guns. Oceania does well without guns. Africa and South America are run by criminals, and giving carry permits there would just lead to more militias seeking power. And lots of countries in these continents still have fewer murders.
#956 to #953 - swagbot
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
> I never claimed the U.S. has better 'socio-economic'. I don't even know what part of the discussion you're referring to there.

> I don't understand what your first bullet point is saying, or how it relates to our discussion.

> Ditto on your second bullet point.

> Ditto your third bullet point.

"...what are the odds that someone would walk up to you with a gun in the middle of the street and rob you?"
- In places like New York and Chicago, with restrictive gun laws, these crimes are reasonably common. Not nearly as much in gun-carrying localities.

"Europe does well without guns."
Yes... the last century can certainly attest to this fact (heavy sarcasm).

"... and South America are run by criminals."
Funny you mention South America - have you heard that Mexican Villages are violating Anti-Gun laws, and arming themselves and successfully DRIVING DRUG CARTELS OUT OF TOWN!?! Look it up.
#957 to #956 - comradewinter
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Socio-economics are always taken into account by pro-guns. If you don't think that is the case, you might as well worry about why every civilized continent has a better crime rate than yours.

You are really dense if you don't see my bullet points being replies to yours. But I guess some people don't pay attention to their own writing.

Getting robbed in the middle of the streets means you have a problem bigger than war-ridden zones in Africa. Which I doubt.

Guns are pretty useless when your city gets bombed to pieces and untrained peasants march into battle and die against trained soldiers. Civilians in war times are best at supplying soldiers. But the US will never know that, because since 1776 they've won 3 wars: 2 in which they contributed to some extent, but not decisively, and the civil war. But that doesn't count, because you lost it too. The US has never been invaded before, yet you continue with your wishful thinking that every proud American patriot will fight together against the enemy, yet natural disasters like hurricanes show they are more likely to loot every shop with a smashed window. Classic.

Everybody knows there are villages in Mexico taking a stand. Usually involves taking down some crime rings, but none of the fully fledged cartels. The Zetas, Sineloas, Knights Templars and Gulfs are all major operations that have villages dedicated to themselves. They are also untouchable. In addition, the Templars are confirmed to have people on the inside of the militias, smuggling retrieved illegal goods and warning about possible attacks, as well as persuading them to attack rival cartels. So maybe they run some small timers out, but they also supply the cartels with firepower and other services, without even knowing it.
#970 to #957 - swagbot
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
Yeah, this is a religion for you. There's no point is even discussing.

I just hope for you sake to regrow your balls and your brains before it's too late.

But no - you probably won't, and will get plowed under with all the rest of the dense plebs throughout history.

I'm done. Don't even bother replying.
#974 to #970 - comradewinter
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
#771 to #126 - anon id: 63876142
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
******** you just have good control over your media, we know all about your bloody knife slaying and butcherings and people killing each other over sports so yeah, you're full of ****.
#779 to #771 - comradewinter
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/13/2014) [-]
You really make a shame out of every pro-open carry.
User avatar #131 to #126 - poeci
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
he's just trolling, there's nothing good about their level
User avatar #128 to #126 - duudegladiator
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Violent Crimes? Such as burglery and such, when you take New York and Detroit out of the U.S. Statistics, BTW i hate the way we meld the whole US into one stat. Our crime rate instantly drops.
#139 to #128 - comradewinter
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
European crime rate is still better. And should that change, we can equally remove some Balkan countries. Keep in mind that the US is a country, while Europe is a continent.

The state with the lowest murder rate is New Hampshire by 1.1. In comparison, the UK has 1.0, the Netherlands has 0.9, Germany 0.8, and Spain 0.8. In fact, most high standard European countries can best this. And the US nationwide murder rate is 4.8. The only European countries with a worse murder rate are Estonia (5.0), Albania (5.0), and Belarus (5.1). Belarus being the highest in Europe, it's easily dwarfed by Lousiana, having 10.8, more than the double.
User avatar #190 to #139 - playerdous
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Russia is 9.2, that's the worst I could find for Europe.

In general Europe has a 3.0 and North America is 4.2. I figure this works as a better comparison than just U.S. to all of Europe.

At least we can all rest happy knowing that were not Honduras 90.4.
User avatar #471 to #190 - vohcaz
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Russia isn't Europe though.
User avatar #627 to #471 - thewulfman
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
The heavily populated parts of Russia are.
User avatar #714 to #627 - vohcaz
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I guess that's true, but i really don't think it should be counted when only part of the country is there, but the statistic is to represent the entire country.
User avatar #763 to #714 - thewulfman
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Then only count the parts of Russia in Europe then. Still gonna have the same result pretty much.
#755 to #714 - powmonkey
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Gee, kinda sounds like the same situation with America, huh?
#329 to #190 - comradewinter
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Saw it now. Makes more sense, I couldn't quite figure out how a corrupt country like that could beat Estonia.

Still, people refer to Russia as a criminal ********. And then there's a state in the US with more murders. Surprising to see is also that Michigan, which has Detroit, is 4th in the US.
#149 to #139 - comradewinter
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #155 to #128 - satansferret
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Flint's worse than Detroit by quite a bit now btw. Still both in Mi though.
#252 - injerseyforever
Reply +37 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
To me the people who carry around the larger weapons are the equivalent to the feminist extremists who walk around naked with "not asking for it" written on their body. Both are just seeking attention rather then correctly supporting the causes.
#1 - titsequalthumbs
Reply -10 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
**titsequalthumbs rolled image** how i open carry
User avatar #4 to #1 - weaponexplain
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I don't think that's how you're supposed to do it.
#6 to #4 - titsequalthumbs
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
**titsequalthumbs rolled image** how carry?
#7 to #6 - weaponexplain
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
**weaponexplain rolled image** You carry like this.
#8 to #7 - titsequalthumbs
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
**titsequalthumbs rolled image** OHH like this?
<
#9 to #8 - weaponexplain
Reply +34 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
**weaponexplain rolled image** Exactly. Avoid doing this however.
#10 to #9 - titsequalthumbs
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
**titsequalthumbs rolled image** okay, but is it okay if i do this?
User avatar #11 to #10 - weaponexplain
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Yes.
#17 to #11 - smellmop [OP]
0 123456789123345869
Comment deleted by smellmop [-]
#67 - thedippestofshits
Reply +30 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
as weird as it might seem to me, i can't very well take a **** on the argument of protecting yourself.  well, i can, but that's all just opinions    
   
What really gets me is that a large amount of americans are only pro guns because the just love guns and want more ease of access, to improve their hobby or something.   
that just seems like a very wrong reason.
as weird as it might seem to me, i can't very well take a **** on the argument of protecting yourself. well, i can, but that's all just opinions

What really gets me is that a large amount of americans are only pro guns because the just love guns and want more ease of access, to improve their hobby or something.
that just seems like a very wrong reason.
#121 to #67 - lilnuggetbob
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
#255 to #121 - anon id: 625d0910
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
No, stop with your retarded chart.
User avatar #74 to #67 - doombunni
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
how is that wrong? just curious
User avatar #140 to #74 - thedippestofshits
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Because whatever the right choice is, pro gun laws will inevitably have downsides as well. It's just something you can't really deny.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be worth it (i really haven't delved into the statistics) but if you're gonna allow people like the ones on the left side of the OP to walk around, it should be because it has been proven without a doubt that crime would lower, not because some dude wants himself a shiny new sniper rifle, or some hillbilly wants to prance around showing off his newest handguns
User avatar #404 to #140 - doombunni
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Some guns do have a purpose. Hunting not only keeps the population of encroaching species down (deer are a big problem where I live) but also helps fund nature preserves and parks with the sales of hunting tags. Hand guns are good for protection, especially in the case of home invasion.

I think the main argument of the main post is that idiots don't need to be running around with rifles scaring the crap out of people, when a holstered handgun handled in a correct way makes the point nicely.
#122 to #67 - lilnuggetbob
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
#129 to #67 - lilnuggetbob
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
#273 to #67 - sniperdawg
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Contrary to popular belief not all of america is a ********, so sometimes guns can be used as a hobby, theres gun clubs that you can go to for target practice for sport/self defense practice. Then there is the whole 2nd amendment argument, but oh well.
Contrary to popular belief not all of america is a ********, so sometimes guns can be used as a hobby, theres gun clubs that you can go to for target practice for sport/self defense practice. Then there is the whole 2nd amendment argument, but oh well.
#282 to #273 - thedippestofshits
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
I know it can. it already is. Correct me if I'm wrong eurofag but if an american chooses guns as his hobby, doesn't the law already provide options for him/her?

I was mainly referring to the guys who want to carry openly just as an addition to their hobby, when it seems to me that would cause sooo much more problems than it's worth. evidence is in the original posts. you're always gonna hev guys like the ones on the left, and you can be sure as dick there's at least gonna be some incidents right?

i dunno, just my opinion. possibly worthless as a non-american.
#296 to #282 - sniperdawg
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Dont worry about it, all opinions are valid, and you do have a point. Just look up open carry on youtube and youll see all sorts of dicks that go into walmarts in texas open carrying their ARs and such, which really brings a bad name to people who actually open carry to protect themselves. Open carrying vs concealed carrying I thought was always concerning a show of strength. If you open carry people can see that you are willing to protect the safety of you and people around you. regarding your standing on incidents happening, of course, thats one of the main focal points on anti-gun law campaigns, but think about this. People with malicious intent if they are willing can and will get ahold of a gun illegally, because they have nothing to lose. And if the anti-gun laws are passed (I doubt they ever will, 2nd amendment yadda yadda) then the bad guy can just shoot without anyone being able to do anything about it. IDK, it just seems a bit better to have people defending themselves and have some incidents happen rather than have the same incidents happen and no one will be able to do a thing about it. sorry for the rant, its just an extensive topic.
User avatar #408 to #282 - doombunni
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Gun laws depend on the state. In South Carolina (where I live) you don't need a license to own a gun, while Georgia does require one, and some states don't recognize other state's licenses. All states do require classes and licenses to conceal carry, at least I believe that's the case.
#370 to #282 - anon id: b7e39def
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
People have been allowed to open carry in the states for a while. And really there hasn't been too much trouble, i've never heard of any open carriers getting into some shootout like anti-gunners like to imagine and there are very very few recorded instances of open carriers actually getting their gun stolen from their person (like single digit few)
#283 to #282 - thedippestofshits
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
>hev
#76 to #67 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
nah mate, I carry because I can. It's a fun and very expensive hobby, and anyone who's not a felon can get their hands on a gun pretty easy. To add to the easiness, if you have 300 bucks, you can get a cpl, and buy and receive a handgun the same day.

my mom lives in a ****** neighborhood in Detroit, and I live near a pretty ****** part of Ypsilanti, 2 cities in Michigan. It's about protection, and being responsible. Before I was legally allowed to carry, I always had a knife on me. For protection. It's not about being paranoid. It's about being prepared. And unfortunately, in Detroit, that means having a gun. Because most of the criminals here are desperate enough to injure, if not kill innocent people to get what they want. It's important to me, as a father and husband, to make sure they can't hurt or kill my wife or children.
User avatar #160 to #76 - fuzzysixx
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
This CPL concept is so foreign to me. I can go buy a handgun in 10 minutes at a store whenever I want, being 21 or over. When I was 18-20, I had to find someone to meet me in a parking lot for a legal private sale. AZ does have CCW (Concealed Carry Weapons permit), but it is only needed for Federal owned land (like National Parks), and to carry in other States.
User avatar #186 to #160 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
yep. Arizona is one of those states that has what we call Reciprocity. Meaning that because I have a MI CPL, I can leaglly carry in all the restricted areas in your state, except federally operated buildings, schools, sports venues, bars, and what have you. The permit is a way to keep track of registered gun owners, in my opinion. one 8-hour class can't take someone who's never handled a gun and make them real-world-ready in my opinion. it takes some common sense, which they don't have a test for yet.
User avatar #987 to #76 - alicorn
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/14/2014) [-]
>living in or near Detroit

Move asap, literally any place in america is better than Detroit
User avatar #990 to #987 - sirbrentcoe
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/15/2014) [-]
easier said than done. but that's the plan.
#259 to #76 - anon id: 625d0910
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
You're only lying to yourself if you honestly think you could use a gun to get yourself out of being mugged or out of most bad situations. Guns will only help in very few situations. Real life is not like a Hollywood movie.
#275 to #259 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
i have gotten out of getting mugged twice with a knife, and once with a gun. I got a knife drawn across the back of my hand once, and because I was quick, was able to draw down in my recoil action, pull and point. Gun > Knife, didn't lose my wallet. When I got stabbed in my forearm, the perp was so taken aback that he loostened his grip on the knife embedded in my arm. I twisted my arm, broke his grip, and pulled my own knife. It's about reaction time dude. Pic related, it's my left hand.
User avatar #88 to #76 - larkham
Reply -2 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
im pretty sure carrying a gun/knife around constantly is the definition of paranoid no matter where you live mate
User avatar #96 to #88 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
and also, I live in a city where car jackings and violent crime are extremely prevalent. being prepared is not being paranoid.
User avatar #91 to #88 - sirbrentcoe
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
well, a gun you could call paranoid. But a knife, it has so many practical uses other than defense. I never leave home without a knife, lighter, and pen. Can't carry at work, or that list would include my gun. As TuPac once said, 'Better to have one and not need it, then need one and not have it.'
#261 to #91 - devlac
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
Hmm. I still feel that this works out the wrong way. A normal man anywhere shouldn't need a gun to defend himself and his family. I understand that it's become a necessity, but can only think it's because of the widespread armament that already exists. God bless anyone with the common sense to handle a gun safely, but I'm not sure I could trust just anyone who could have me at gun point the next moment.

Pro-gun politics seem to be all about a gun-culture that imo is clearly unhealthy, fear of other people with guns and a small percentage of "muh boomsticks".

You seem like a person with his stuff straight, but I had to air how concerning pro-gun laws etc. sound to me.
User avatar #321 to #261 - sirbrentcoe
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
trust me dude, i'm right there with you. this issue shouldn't be about gun laws. it should be about mental stability of gun owners. My grandfather, who has hunted every day since he was 7 years old, has Alzheimer's now. how many of his guns do you think he still has access to? and he's been at it for over 75 years. It's about responsibility, and quick reaction time. It's not just a right to carry, but a responsibility to handle yourself accordingly. when you carry and use a handgun, you also jeopardize other peoples' safety. I'm not here to force pro-gun down any ones throat. I just want people to know their are logical reasons for some people to carry.
User avatar #323 to #321 - sirbrentcoe
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(06/12/2014) [-]
**hunted or handled rifles and handguns, that was a typo. if that sonofabitch had time to hunt every day, he better have taken me with him a few more times.