Tumblr At Party. . I wish I was an tumblr complaining about the hierarchy I bet these opressors don' t even know how to check their privilege This glass is WAY
x
Click to expand

Comments(244):

[ 244 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#24 - weenieandthebutt (04/06/2014) [-]
hold on to your jimmies, behold the privilege calculator
User avatar #158 to #24 - Metallicock (04/06/2014) [-]
Im privileged as **** , why am I so pissed at everything?
#47 to #24 - anon (04/06/2014) [-]
-20
#54 to #24 - neverposting (04/06/2014) [-]
175
User avatar #60 to #24 - willindor (04/06/2014) [-]
-130. I never thought that being Liberty Prime is very disprivileged.
User avatar #73 to #24 - thesovereigngrave ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
Hey, despite being a White Male cisgendered Christian, I'm considered non-privileged. Yay or something, I guess.
User avatar #98 to #24 - yaybacon (04/06/2014) [-]
135 I check it more than dubs.
User avatar #121 to #24 - zevran (04/06/2014) [-]
Yes, the top European country of Norwar. Where the nords partake in war.
User avatar #95 to #24 - frankwest (04/06/2014) [-]
100+ Master race.
#196 to #24 - brettyht (04/06/2014) [-]
"can't add your score together? Okay, add -30 to it"

User avatar #154 to #24 - spinaltap (04/06/2014) [-]
jewish in germany = pretty privileged
not 75 years ago
User avatar #25 to #24 - ashedust (04/06/2014) [-]
Whoa! As a completely average white mate who doesn't identify as anything except straight while being born in the U.S.A I should be checking my privileges daily.

And the only reason I scored as low as a 100 is cause I'm not particularly religious in the U.S and I'm currently unemployed while making less than 30k a year.

What does it even mean to "check your privileges"? Because to me it means "Yup, I sure am lucky to have all these things going for me." and then walk away whistling a merry tune.
User avatar #153 to #25 - spinaltap (04/06/2014) [-]
basically its okay to be privileged, its nothing to be ashamed of, just realize that others my not have the same perks you do. that's what check your privilege means
#35 to #24 - phoenixburch (04/06/2014) [-]
135, I'm so privileged that I should probably check it twice a day
User avatar #26 to #24 - Logicaltightrope (04/06/2014) [-]
Being homeless is only half as bad as being trans? I call ******** .
User avatar #27 to #26 - weenieandthebutt (04/06/2014) [-]
Social autism is also no where near as bad as being a woman. ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!
#62 to #26 - jaked ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
I think that it means that you're obviously not your "chosen gender" as opposed to trans where you're passable. But yeah, it's obviously ridiculously off base, which I think was the point (assuming this is a joke)
User avatar #144 to #24 - itsdasp (04/06/2014) [-]
-200
Well **** .
User avatar #137 to #24 - sausydangles ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
White-25
Male-25
Straight-20
cis-20
USA-20
Christian-5
Rich-25
9/10-20
Able Body-25
Normal-0 (I don't get how being normal sized wouldn't be considered by tumblrfags to be a privilege. You never have to duck to go through doors, you can't be too tall for a job(sailor on a sub)
Other-0
I got 185, if only i was privileged enough to be from a best tier country or jewish. Oh well, I can hear tumblr hating my privilege from here and i love it
User avatar #83 to #24 - timelordjam (04/06/2014) [-]
WHAT IS CIS
User avatar #161 to #83 - meglikescookies (04/06/2014) [-]
Cis means you are the gender you were born as.
User avatar #164 to #161 - timelordjam (04/06/2014) [-]
for **** sake. ******* tumblr teens
User avatar #173 to #164 - meglikescookies (04/06/2014) [-]
Eh, it's kind of like how there's a word for people who aren't siamese twins. Yeah, we don't really need it, but it sorta helps. (Singleton, by the way). Now all we need is a word for people who aren't virgins.
User avatar #85 to #83 - bobthedilder (04/06/2014) [-]
Straight
User avatar #86 to #85 - timelordjam (04/06/2014) [-]
then whats the straight,bi,gay section for?
User avatar #87 to #86 - bobthedilder (04/06/2014) [-]
Gender not correlating to Orientation; A Transgender Male who likes women would be classified as a lesbian.
User avatar #107 to #24 - merrymarvelite (04/06/2014) [-]
95. Seems about right.
+3
#70 to #24 - secretary has deleted their comment [-]
#93 to #24 - ButtonFly ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
-35   
Check your privilege, scum.
-35
Check your privilege, scum.
#94 to #93 - privilege (04/06/2014) [-]
MORAL!! CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE FIRST, SCUM!
User avatar #66 to #24 - molestedbeggar (04/06/2014) [-]
white 25
male 25
gay -150
cis 20
uk 15
non-religious 0
poor-25
social autism-20
ugly face-20
tall 10
student so none/other 0

i count that to be -120
User avatar #68 to #24 - theshadowed ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
155

I am the privilege God. I am off their scale. I am tumblr's worst nigthmare
#45 to #24 - wolfypolli (04/06/2014) [-]
85.   
I am Tumblr's worst nightmare.
85.
I am Tumblr's worst nightmare.
User avatar #162 to #45 - Faz (04/06/2014) [-]
85's not that high...
User avatar #244 to #162 - wolfypolli (04/07/2014) [-]
Shut up, you high privilege percentaged scum.
#57 to #24 - anon (04/06/2014) [-]
-1950
User avatar #43 to #24 - turtlewithashotgun (04/06/2014) [-]
130
**** , guess I have to check daily.
User avatar #51 to #24 - straightbusta (04/06/2014) [-]
-70
User avatar #228 to #24 - natemtwo (04/07/2014) [-]
I got 45.
**** .
Girlfriend got -10.
Thanks Obama.
User avatar #84 to #24 - bobthedilder (04/06/2014) [-]
Luck: 10
Skill: 20
Power of Will: 15
Pleasure: 5
Pain: 50
Recollection of names: 100

#101 to #84 - ilikegurlbutz (04/06/2014) [-]
I like it
I like it
User avatar #184 to #24 - marinepenguin ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
White +25
Male +25
Straight +20
CIS +20
United States +20
Nonreligious (US) -20
Affluent +10
Attractive +10
Able bodied +25
Teller at a bank +25
Tall +10

170, better check myself before I wreck myself
User avatar #149 to #24 - IloveWAFFLES ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
White 25
Male 25
Straight 20
CIS 20
US 20
Non Religious -20
Middle 0
Ugly Face -20
Able-Bodied 25
Short -10
Technically Teacher (Mentor middle school kids) -5
80.
#148 to #24 - nemula ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
according to this, if i'm blind, i can be whatever the **** i want and still be not privileged. So next time i get on an arguement on tumblr, i'll just say i'm blind
#141 to #24 - twofreegerbils (04/06/2014) [-]
GLORIOUS CHECK IT DAILY MASTER RACE

White - 25
Male - 25
Straight - 20
Cis - 20
US - 20
Christian - 5
Affluent - 10
Attractive face - 10
Able bodied - 25
Tall - 10
Engineer - 10

God damn it feels good to be a WASP.
#82 to #24 - sweetellie ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
15, Apparantly..
15, Apparantly..
#168 to #82 - unitedabominations (04/06/2014) [-]
sucks to suck
User avatar #247 to #168 - sweetellie ONLINE (04/07/2014) [-]
...Ok?
User avatar #136 to #24 - luigicart (04/06/2014) [-]
5
sweet
User avatar #237 to #24 - myscreamingmidget (04/07/2014) [-]
15, guess I don't need to check meh privilege
User avatar #120 to #24 - sabaton (04/06/2014) [-]
Explain to me: sex, orientation, gender.
How do these correlate? I would have gotten it, if gender wasn't listed additionally. Thought it was the same as sex...
#218 to #24 - jonpetermatt (04/06/2014) [-]
White
Male
Straight
Cis
Affluent
Student
no disability
And yet i still have a score of -290
**** your rules Tumblr
#104 to #24 - riayl ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
160

I guess that's what happens when you're a white straight Upper-middle class male in the US.
#210 to #24 - anon (04/06/2014) [-]
-1560

What a glorious time to be alive.
#97 to #24 - wizardfist (04/06/2014) [-]
160, yo!
160, yo!
User avatar #209 to #24 - nigeltheoutlaw (04/06/2014) [-]
I got a 10, but this list is so stupid that I can't even begin to address it.

Also, apparently there are only four races in the world, who knew?
User avatar #75 to #24 - rakuraimasuta (04/06/2014) [-]
160
**** you tumbler!
User avatar #208 to #24 - doyouevenupload (04/06/2014) [-]
**doyouevenupload rolls 242**

i got 140 summed up
User avatar #204 to #24 - yacca (04/06/2014) [-]
Implying that living in the US is better than living in UK/Germany.
0
#64 to #24 - molestedbeggar has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #199 to #24 - gandolfthefabulous (04/06/2014) [-]
>No Canada

Oh
User avatar #58 to #24 - icameheretotroll (04/06/2014) [-]
-175
CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE, YOU SCUM!
#59 to #58 - privilege (04/06/2014) [-]
icameheretotroll

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE, YOU TROLL!

User avatar #61 to #59 - icameheretotroll (04/06/2014) [-]
STOP OPRESSING ME
User avatar #194 to #24 - axeul (04/06/2014) [-]
I evened out to a clean 0
User avatar #55 to #24 - solidderking (04/06/2014) [-]
220
User avatar #191 to #24 - JwBread (04/06/2014) [-]
-75 for being an overweight, white, gay, middle-class male from the UK.
User avatar #187 to #24 - rifee (04/06/2014) [-]
Where is this "norwar" you speak of.

Do you mean narwhale?
User avatar #50 to #24 - undeadmaus (04/06/2014) [-]
150
User avatar #183 to #24 - LocoJoe (04/06/2014) [-]
Spic
Male
Straight
Cis
Mericuh
Non-religious
Poor
Overweight
Able-bodied
Tall
None


Gotta love my 25 privilege points.
User avatar #37 to #24 - makotoitou (04/06/2014) [-]
retarded is only -200? Should be like a million.
User avatar #165 to #24 - zzforrest (04/06/2014) [-]
>Nothing for neurological conditions
Check your neurologically normal privileges!!!!!
User avatar #28 to #24 - samthediv ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
> UK is meh tier

but more importantly
> Germany is meh tier

uwotm8?
User avatar #81 to #28 - arandomanon ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
And France is low tier, along with Spain and Italy. Hilarious.
#3 - doktorwhat (04/06/2014) [-]
can someone explain what "checking privilege" means? I've seen it a lot and know it has something to do with gender/racial equality, but I just can't exactly figure it out.
User avatar #12 to #3 - choobe ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
> Check your privilege: www.checkmyprivilege.com/
> Tell extreme tumblr feminazi trans-is-better-than-cis people you're better than them because privilege.
> Watch them rage.
User avatar #30 to #12 - kortstuff (04/06/2014) [-]
235, ******** .
I'll take it as a compliment.
#14 to #12 - cptasia (04/06/2014) [-]
165 			********
165 ********
User avatar #63 to #14 - tittylovin (04/06/2014) [-]
135 ******** Master Race
User avatar #88 to #63 - newsuperyoshi (04/06/2014) [-]
180's where it's at.
User avatar #100 to #88 - yaybacon (04/06/2014) [-]
185 awww yeah.
#181 to #12 - XxXRoxasXxX (04/06/2014) [-]
160, baby. 			********		 coming through
160, baby. ******** coming through
#170 to #12 - zzforrest (04/06/2014) [-]
>Kinship   
Holy 			****		 my sides.
>Kinship
Holy **** my sides.
User avatar #138 to #12 - luigicart (04/06/2014) [-]
Your privilege level is Extremely Oppressed with a score of -3370
well ****
#76 to #12 - qotsa (04/06/2014) [-]
well. i'm female and privileged. is that even possible in the eyes of feminazis ?
well. i'm female and privileged. is that even possible in the eyes of feminazis ?
User avatar #77 to #76 - choobe ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
I guess... if you're hot and rich and cis and straight enough it will counter the -100 minus points or so you lose for being female. But a lot of feminazis probably will call you underprivileged no matter what, as long as you're female. Which is sexism, and therefore hypocritical, you should be allowed to be a privileged cis scum just like us guys.
#65 to #12 - anon (04/06/2014) [-]
Apparently I am disadvantaged (-55). So those feminists who screamed at me for being privileged can **** off. Middle class overweight, mental disorder ftw
#56 to #12 - aperturelaboratory (04/06/2014) [-]
-215 "Extremely Oppressed"
I dont feel that oppressed....
But if they're telling me I'm oppressed I must be.
User avatar #36 to #12 - sladee (04/06/2014) [-]
Avantaged - 20, What.
#23 to #12 - lordmacflurri (04/06/2014) [-]
I got 210, I am a ********
#21 to #12 - tealcanaan ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
195 FTW!
0
#13 to #12 - testaburger has deleted their comment [-]
#29 to #13 - anon (04/06/2014) [-]
Same, I think being asexual knocked off a few points. They need more joke questions.
User avatar #90 to #29 - newsuperyoshi (04/06/2014) [-]
> Implying the whole quiz wasn't a joke. I hope it was...
User avatar #18 to #3 - hudis (04/06/2014) [-]
amptoons.com/blog/the-male-privilege-checklist/

Here's the most comprehensible privilege checklist, probably. I don't agree with everything on it, but I do think it raises some good points that are worth thinking about even if you are opposed to feminism.
User avatar #32 to #18 - steelcrasher (04/06/2014) [-]
******** , i've could argue all of them. You only see these problems if you're looking for them. The same i could overanalize everything and then waste my time talking on internet about them.
Women do not have it worse in western society, we are jsut different and some women will see that as inequality.
User avatar #34 to #32 - hudis (04/06/2014) [-]
Okay, man. I only provided the link since the guy asked what it was. I'm not sure why I'm being thumbed down for it considering I didn't even express an opinion on the matter other than "it's worth thinking about" which is basically my stance on everything.
User avatar #39 to #34 - steelcrasher (04/06/2014) [-]
I guess. But i don't think it's worth thinking about it. I despise people and supporters of that kind of thinking. They are nothing more than dividers who create imaginary "social problems" inside a group that needs to focus on other and more important things.
I've unthumbed you as a sign of truce or whatever.
User avatar #40 to #39 - hudis (04/06/2014) [-]
That's alright. I guess we just have different mindsets.
User avatar #152 to #18 - meganinja ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
Only 22 of those even apply. Out of those 22, the majority are ******** anyways.

" If my day, week or year is going badly, I need not ask of each negative episode or situation whether or not it has sexist overtones."

No, I don't. Because I don't need to blame the system for anything wrong that happens in my life. ******* ignorant skank.
#99 to #3 - quatre (04/06/2014) [-]
i'm going to have to disagree with what teal says. 'Checking privilege' does not mean how one person can be discriminated against or attacked. The term has been hijacked by some angry nut-jobs, but the original meaning is much more diplomatic and more of a sociology term. It's basically how society accommodates and views different people differently under the same conditions. The male vs female privilege is the big topic of these discussions, and here are some examples, though i'm not endorsing everything else on these sites.

Male privilege: amptoons.com/blog/the-male-privilege-checklist/
Female privilege: www.feministcritics.org/blog/2008/06/08/female-privilege/
If this sounds sexist, it kinda is. Talking about privilege can quickly escalate into a 'who has it worse' contest that paints with way too broad of a brush from people that don't (and can't) know the other side's experiences.

But that's what it boils down to. It's basically what kind of different experience one gets, all other things being equal, for being a different race, gender, sexuality, etc. It's not necessarily bad, but something you could try to be aware of when relating to someone else outside of your demographic. The angry feminazis have taken it as a message of accommodation and justification rather than relation and communication, though.
User avatar #234 to #99 - majormayor (04/07/2014) [-]
Where are you coming from on this? There are quite a lot of angry "feminazis" who have made it turn to where you don't approve. In fact, that number is growing, while your definition and feelings on the subject is very much relatively minor.
#239 to #234 - quatre (04/07/2014) [-]
I try to ignore the shouting ignorants. Just because a very vocal minority want to misrepresent a sociology concept to further their campaign, does not mean the meaning of the term is different. The angry and the brainwashed can shout 'privilege' and 'oppression' without knowing what it means, but it is up to us to keep such terms from becoming exactly what they them to mean. 'Checking privilege' only becomes a neo-feminist anti-strait-white-male slogan if we let it. It was made, and needs to be kept, as an academic phrase describing the different lenses through which different aspects of society view and experience the same things differently.
User avatar #242 to #239 - majormayor (04/07/2014) [-]
Considering the opposition and the growth of both sides, it's probably going to be cemented that way.
#245 to #242 - quatre (04/07/2014) [-]
That is why we should learn the academic meaning of the term. We should know what term "X-privilege" means and should be able to talk rationally about it, because we can't let an irrational group misrepresent and eventually redefine a valid sociological term.

So i refuse to give in to those that misrepresent it. I think if OP is smart enough to ask the question instead of getting a yahoo answer, OP should get something better than a polarized and biased yahoo answer. When OP asks what it is, I don't want to just chime in that it is "angry lesbians that need to get laid" or "white guys that are losing jobs to workplace diversity". I try to tell OP that it is a societal factor, though a frequently misrepresented one, in the arguments of racial/gender/sexual equality. This way, OP and readers of this thread might know how such a twisting of the term became the monster it is now.
User avatar #103 to #99 - tealcanaan ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
I don't know if it was ever as fair as you say it was. I HAVE to take a sociology class this semester, and it all pretty much boils down to the whole"muh victim complex" and "muh evil white male oppressors making me unsuccessful".
#119 to #103 - quatre (04/06/2014) [-]
The definition should be equal, in that anybody can have a societal privilege. But lets face it, in western civilization, it's pretty good to be a straight white guy, arguably more so than any other race, gender, or sexuality. The straight white male enjoys more/better privilege than most. But it's not necessarily because of overt oppression, but because of societal expectations, perceptions, and practices. It's viewing those expectations, perceptions, and practices through the lenses of differing peoples that those privileges are exposed. But just because a privilege exists, doesn't make it bad.
It can easily become a victim complex argument, usually by those who are unaware of their own privilege and what they'd be giving up in exchange. Like women wanting equal pay, but are unwilling to work in the same unsafe conditions or physical rigor as men.
Sorry man, sounds like you had a teacher that didn't or couldn't approach the subject objectively. You should do some looking around online, if only to see other information and how other groups see privilege.
User avatar #135 to #119 - tealcanaan ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
I can see where your coming from, I guess i'm mostly referring to the way the term is used today.
#146 to #135 - quatre (04/06/2014) [-]
Your interpretation isn't how its mostly used today, it's just the loudest one and one frequently held up as a strawman argument. It's tempting to let the loudest speakers speak for everyone, but we have to keep a rationale above those who would bring us into their frenzy.
User avatar #4 to #3 - tealcanaan ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
Privilege can be compared to Christianities original sin, It uses (what some would call stereotyping/racism) societal norms for different races and genders to label certain groups as having the upper-hand on another group because of there race/gender, and that the group that does better should degrade themselves or not participate because of their "innate" racism/mysigonism. It's basically something made up by sociologists to shame their "oppressors" and could be seen as reverse racism. It all sort of sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory where white are controlling the world keeping the innocent POC's down systematically, even though whites are like 13% of the world's population. This is the kind of **** that got the Jews killed.

TL;DR-"White men are all innately evil because of the way they were born and are responsible for all the world problems, and if you disagree YOU are the bigot!"
#5 to #4 - doktorwhat (04/06/2014) [-]
wow. And this is only going on in the US, right? I haven't encountered this in Europe at all. Isn't the cure to gender/racial equality to simply treat everyone the same?
User avatar #6 to #5 - tealcanaan ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
Ya it's mostly in the US. They don't really want equality, they want equity. Equity is only really possible in a Utopia, but they'll be damned if the don't bring those evil privileged whit men down to their level. Honestly its just a bi-product of our decadent society, usually when the economy gets rough people shift to the right, when everything is easy people will fight for everyone to be "equal" o the left, it is an easily recognizable pattern.
User avatar #206 to #6 - nigeltheoutlaw (04/06/2014) [-]
>decadent
**** dude, where is this decadence? I'm missing out on my hedonism.
User avatar #230 to #206 - tealcanaan ONLINE (04/07/2014) [-]
Said the guy on the internet who most likely lives in a first world county, can eat out every now and again, enjoys media regularly, and works a max of 60 hours a week. Ya man you must have it so hard. It use to be a very different experience going about your say to day even 40 years ago.
User avatar #238 to #230 - nigeltheoutlaw (04/07/2014) [-]
>what is a public library
>two jobs and full time student
>haven't eaten out in 6 months
>eats almost nothing buy bulk rice and beans with a multivitamin, sometimes some tomatoes or chicken
Asshat.
User avatar #241 to #238 - tealcanaan ONLINE (04/07/2014) [-]
Quit bitchen, I'm in the same boat but you don't hear me complaining. We chose to go to college when you could have easily gone to a trade school for much less. Anyways, only 12 hours qualify as "full time" studies.
User avatar #246 to #241 - nigeltheoutlaw (04/07/2014) [-]
I wasn't bitching, you made retarded assumptions about my life. I was correcting them. I'm taking 17 credits and working 35 hours a week. Get ****** .
User avatar #8 to #5 - reginleif (04/06/2014) [-]
>Hasn't seen this in Europe at all.

The US isn't the one passing weird feminists laws, and the proud host of FEMEN though. :/

User avatar #33 to #8 - kennyh (04/06/2014) [-]
"Feminist Laws" Not a one.
User avatar #38 to #33 - reginleif (04/06/2014) [-]
I dunno I consider Europe pretty pussywhipped with Nordic models of prostitution, considering making anti-feminist statements "hate crimes" and women quotas for private and public office.

www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-20/eu-plan-for-40-percent-quota-of-women-on-boards-gets-win.html
User avatar #67 to #38 - kennyh (04/06/2014) [-]
That's what I meant. Not really any "feminist laws" in the US especially as opposed to Europe

This new reply system is retarded.
User avatar #112 to #67 - kennyh (04/06/2014) [-]
Aaaand people thumb me down. Jeezuz you can't say anything insinuating the US is better than the UK in any way. Even if I was just agreeing with what a brit fag said.
User avatar #126 to #112 - reginleif (04/06/2014) [-]
Who is a britfag? Surely not me, **** the limey bastards. :/

Honestly some people can't take criticism for **** though.
User avatar #125 to #38 - zevran (04/06/2014) [-]
Mmm, some European countries pass such laws. But it's mostly not based on a big public intrest in the "patriarchy" or what have you. It's just elitism. The left wing bigwigs want to impress each other with "radical" laws and solutions to a problem that does not truly exist.

Most people in europe right now have other concerns, like the economy and mass immigration.
#11 to #8 - doktorwhat (04/06/2014) [-]
FEMEN is an extremist outlyer group based in what, Ukraine? **** , my girlfriend's half Ukranian Ukraine has many problems (well, just one: Russia), but I still hear more about Putin and Janakowicz than I do about "check your privilege" or "there is too much rape culture"

anyway, as a former US citizen, I gotta tell you US males: get your **** together. I don't care if you have to make asses of yourselves, just bitch-slap those bitches and tell them, "NO! THIS ISN'T HOW YOU ACHIEVE EQUALITY!!!"

But tealcanan got it right, I guess - they want equity instead of equality. I'll give 'em 24cm of equity right down their ******* throats!
User avatar #69 to #4 - jukuku (04/06/2014) [-]
Thankfully it's isolated to the biggest joke in academia, sociology, as well as the self-proclaimed victims of tumblr.
User avatar #133 to #4 - fyaq (04/06/2014) [-]
Comparing it to christianity's original sin is actually brilliant and makes it simpler to understand.

Thanks!
#72 to #4 - defeats (04/06/2014) [-]
Oh man, I hate being a bigoted, privileged, white, straight, cis scum, male...
#2 - tealcanaan ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
lel
User avatar #20 - blobboy (04/06/2014) [-]
"Die cis scum"
Yeah **** me for liking my born-with penis
User avatar #139 to #20 - thebaseballexpert (04/06/2014) [-]
"Die CIS scum"

Does that apply to women who like thier born-with vaginas?
User avatar #140 to #139 - blobboy (04/06/2014) [-]
Yeah I just have a penis, so I said penis.
Apparently it's an insult to be "identified at birth"
#142 to #140 - thebaseballexpert (04/06/2014) [-]
wait, what? But that's.... It's not even.... How does... FFS
User avatar #22 to #20 - kennyh (04/06/2014) [-]
can you imagine the mentality it would take to think someone is scum because they happen to be ok with the gender they were born with?
User avatar #48 to #22 - timmywankenobi ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
That sounds like scum logic ! have you been checking your privilege ?
User avatar #235 to #22 - toastandbananas (04/07/2014) [-]
or the lack thereof
seriously
anyone who thinks it's ok to be fat (thin privilege, it's a thing) or being your scientific given gender is bad has no brain in my book
User avatar #233 to #22 - HailtotheKing (04/07/2014) [-]
See, it's not just one thing. It's not like one day you wake up and say "You know who suck? Anyone who is happy with being a man, white, straight, or wealthy." It's actually far more cruel and brainwash-y than that. It's commonly describes in psychological studies as Foot in the Door, you introduce something small and slowly make a person believe that then escalate it until they are at a level you want them.

That was a bit confusing so allow me to use Tumblr as an example. Let's say you find a post complaining about how hard it is to be transgender in our society. They talk about how people look at them differently and how some of their friends sometimes make some jokes. Nothing too out of the ordinary but the basic foundation of a belief is there, you now think that some transgender people can feel persecuted sometimes. Then you find another post where a black girl feels uncomfortable when she is called a ****** online. Once again this is something you can rationalize because if you were in the same position you would probably feel the same way. Then another post about another transgender guy who got beat up at school for acting effeminate, then you see a picture of an Asian girl crying because she didn't live up tot he standards or her parents, then another about about how much is sucks to to against the social norm when you can't change anything, and finally you see a post that says that cis-gendered people don't have "real" problems. They don't have to worry about persecution or hate speach, they don't have to worry about assault by bigots, they don't have to worry about letting their parents down.

It's like a cult, you get an idea in someones head then you feed it more and more until it becomes all they are. It is mob mentality on a multinational scale, get the group to believe something basic then allow it to snowball.

Source: I just went through this with several friends.
#176 to #22 - nonanonnon (04/06/2014) [-]
Isn't being content with who I am supposed to be a good thing?
#108 - blewws (04/06/2014) [-]
Die CIS scum!
User avatar #110 to #108 - kreekydoorS (04/06/2014) [-]
I am the White CIS Straight Male that all of those people hate and I laugh everytime because all I can think of is General Grievous.
User avatar #74 - tuckthisphit (04/06/2014) [-]
"i wish i was home being %100 done"
#128 - wampa (04/06/2014) [-]
User avatar #163 to #128 - priestoftheoldones (04/06/2014) [-]
****** , glorious.
User avatar #7 - spycheckingpyro (04/06/2014) [-]
Let's see how many people who came from Tumblr I can piss off in one post. hopefully they can take their mentality back to their side of the internet

-understanding whatever privilege I inherently have won't change the fact that I'm still a straight white man
-accept and appreciate who you are. no really. who ever the **** you are. what part of the planet your genetic history comes from, what set of genitals you have or prefer, what kind of upbringing you had, whatever deity you want to praise in whatever manner you want; if at all. no one is exactly the same. love that **** .
-people have different preferences in other people, especially when it comes to what comes of along with the preferred genitalia. if you're a bigger girl: find someone who likes bigger girls or accept that you need to change if you want to match whoever you want's preference.
-hating on skinny chicks is ******* stupid. they either worked to get that way or it's naturally how they are.
-you are you. not someone else. you couldn't change them even if you tried. refer to the above if you can't grasp such an easy ******* concept.
-there's roughly seven billion people on this planet. that means there's a **** load of assholes out there. with that being said, the rest of the planet is either innocent or pure. think of assholery like a bell curve; most of the world sits on the top at neutrality.
-same goes with dumb ***** . if you want to taboo existing for whomever is edgy to hate, at least use it to call out dumb ***** and assholes to let them know of their actions are against the general population. but try to avoid them if they're proud of it. it'll only fuel their fire.
-nostalgia is always best left the way it was. history shows that remakes always suck ass. sure, your memory of a thing might kick ass but you will never again look at something the same way as you did previously.

anything else i'm missing? feel free to add if you can think of anything else
User avatar #49 to #7 - timmywankenobi ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
Heretic !
User avatar #236 to #7 - toastandbananas (04/07/2014) [-]
-being fat is not ok and if you are fat and it is not caused by a disability you are just lazy
User avatar #19 to #7 - azraelthemage (04/06/2014) [-]
-Just because someone doesn't share your political views, that doesn't mean you should disrespect them. You live in a country with over 300 million people living in it. People are bound to disagree with you.
-Just because I find you attractive, that doesn't mean all I want is sex. Some people actually want to get to know others, and date for the companionship aspect.
-Just because I'm a heterosexual white male, that doesn't mean that I'm interested in the stereotypical "Guy things". Just because someone has a penis between their legs, that doesn't mean they know everything there is to know about fixing cars and such.
-If it was your idea to break up, don't expect your ex to jump to the occassion and come back. While you're at it, don't make them look like the villain either. It was your idea. Just because you were heart broken due to them moving on, it's not their fault that the two of you split up in the first place.

I've actually been the receiving end all of these situations.
User avatar #160 to #19 - vorarephilia (04/06/2014) [-]
That's supposed to piss them off? pansy.

-You are not as important as you think you are. If you deleted your blog, in three years no one would even remember you. Try to do something more worthwhile with your short time on earth.
-Triggers are going to happen. You cannot expect everyone to know about them. Thus remember they do not intentionally upset you, but also that the world won't cater to your needs.
-I am conscious of the fact that mere connection with what is known as a superior race will not permanently carry an individual forward unless he has individual worth, and mere connection with what is regarded as an inferior race will not finally hold an individual back if he possesses intrinsic, individual merit. -Booker. T. Washington "Up from Slavery"
#179 to #160 - azraelthemage (04/06/2014) [-]
I actually posted some of these on tumblr to see how they react.

MFW.
#182 to #179 - vorarephilia (04/06/2014) [-]
Link plz? wanna see what happens. maybe even do some trolling like i did years ago.
Link plz? wanna see what happens. maybe even do some trolling like i did years ago.
User avatar #189 to #182 - azraelthemage (04/06/2014) [-]
Maybe when I get a reaction. I don't post often, so I'm not popular at all. Then again, I don't want to be anyway.
#175 - thesnarfalarker (04/06/2014) [-]
DIE CIS SCUM look at this ****** not checking his SPD privilige
#52 - mergedchief (04/06/2014) [-]
i am out of the loop on these kinda things, i read cis and i thought of these guys, and i thought that the person in the picture was some kinda weird clone trooper.

i kinda really like star wars
User avatar #115 to #52 - kreekydoorS (04/06/2014) [-]
You seem pretty in the loop to me. That's exactly what they're talking about.
User avatar #172 to #52 - priestoftheoldones (04/06/2014) [-]
>General grievous master race.
#132 to #52 - anon (04/06/2014) [-]
#203 - kibitzer (04/06/2014) [-]
Uh..
#79 - disasterbater (04/06/2014) [-]
inb4 ban
#31 - erotictentacle (04/06/2014) [-]
55
nice
User avatar #185 to #122 - acemcgunner (04/06/2014) [-]
the horror!!
#226 to #122 - dehnoobshow ONLINE (04/07/2014) [-]
Comment Picture
User avatar #200 - shadowbreech (04/06/2014) [-]
I have no idea what any of that **** meant and I feel like that's an accomplishment
User avatar #202 to #200 - givememoarpony (04/06/2014) [-]
innocence is something you should never relinquish. for once you go down that abyss it is really hard to climb your way up.
#188 - acemcgunner (04/06/2014) [-]
this is heresy!!!
#159 - xsap (04/06/2014) [-]
I'm like the only white male in my English class. And we're reading an article about how whites are killing of bix nood (black English) and my class opened up a conversation how white males keep other races down in the lowest level of the society scale, and how its wrong that we're all the way on top. And how you'll never see a black person in wall st. bla bla bla and other "DIE CIS SCUM" ******** ...

<- MFW that whole time

P.S if you have time.. go read that article, its the most retarded **** I have ever read. Its basically ******* want to be taken seriously for speaking hood... the article is called "Nobody Mean More To Me Than You" By June Jordan

dai be wannin to be takin srsly fo writin lik dis.
User avatar #91 - skeptical (04/06/2014) [-]
User avatar #96 to #91 - wizardfist (04/06/2014) [-]
"72% Privilege!" stupidest quizz i have ever done in my life
User avatar #131 to #91 - wthree (04/06/2014) [-]
I'm only 54% Privileged.
User avatar #134 to #91 - ronyx (04/06/2014) [-]
58% lolwat, some of those questions contradicted themselves. Also how is Native American/ Hispanic related in any way?
User avatar #177 to #91 - procrasturbate (04/06/2014) [-]
60% Privileged. This, hands down, was the stupidest **** I've ever participated in.
User avatar #195 to #177 - fozzoul (04/06/2014) [-]
68% priviledged. It's good to know that being an average guy barerly getting by with money is privileged. I agree with you, this is retarded.
#215 to #91 - atrocitustheking (04/06/2014) [-]
61% privilege, cower before me peasants!
User avatar #143 to #91 - darksideofthebeast (04/06/2014) [-]
Approximately 29% of the population fits this result.

You're on the poorer end of the so-called "middle class". Your life has probably been a little harder than most, due to factors not entirely within your control. You're surviving, but you can't afford many luxuries. The super-rich benefit from poverty because the poorer other people get, the richer the rich get. You are probably bearing the brunt of the current economic depression, and you're on the tail end of the shrinking middle class.


49% PRIVILEGED BITCHES!!!
User avatar #145 to #91 - certifiedidiot ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
Just a quiz by some edgy teenager I'd assume.
#155 to #91 - apurpleliger (04/06/2014) [-]
The question asking if you had a car rustled my jimmies.
First option: yes, and it's a gas guzzler of some sort.

Fails to factor in the fact that anyone with a vehicle in the construction, scrap gathering, or generally any other sort of labor intensive job probably has a truck or SUV.

Anyways I got 66% privileged. If you'll excuse me, I'm off to go make fun of homeless people.
#150 to #91 - thisisnotaname ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
I got to the second question and lost my 			****
I got to the second question and lost my ****
User avatar #151 to #91 - ubergoatman (04/06/2014) [-]
"Common markers of privilege are whiteness, maleness, and wealth. "

Oh my ******* ****
User avatar #111 to #91 - roninneko ONLINE (04/06/2014) [-]
Full of loaded phrasing and thinly-veiled insults. ffs.
[ 244 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)