This happened to me.... . assians' ? IS Manna".. "there is no wrong answer" ~hands in essay~ "Except that one"
Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

hide menu

This happened to me...

assians' ?
IS Manna".
...
+1008
Views: 42873
Favorited: 33
Submitted: 02/26/2014
Share On Facebook
Add to favorites Subscribe to orrisicc E-mail to friend submit to reddit
Share image on facebook Share on StumbleUpon Share on Tumblr Share on Pinterest Share on Google Plus E-mail to friend

Comments(225):

[ 225 comments ]

Show All Replies Show Shortcuts
Show:   Top Rated Controversial Best Lowest Rated Newest Per page:
Order:
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#38 - orrisicc (02/26/2014) [+] (32 replies)
stickied by orrisicc
OP here. If you haven't noticed, this is directly taken from 9gag, and yet it got front page.
Proof that 9gag is better then FJ.
#71 - orrisicc (02/26/2014) [+] (8 replies)
stickied by orrisicc
I said it on my other content, I'll say it again. stop arguing with me, it's like my own thread.    
You argue with me, you get blocked, deleted, done.. you're gone.   
I'm OP, I control you.
I said it on my other content, I'll say it again. stop arguing with me, it's like my own thread.
You argue with me, you get blocked, deleted, done.. you're gone.
I'm OP, I control you.
#102 - orrisicc (02/27/2014) [+] (5 replies)
stickied by orrisicc
Anybody who disagrees can **** off.
#99 - orrisicc (02/27/2014) [+] (5 replies)
stickied by orrisicc
When FJ dies, we need to move on to 9gag. Spread the message.
#113 - orrisicc (02/27/2014) [+] (4 replies)
stickied by orrisicc
[url deleted] is superior but there are other alternatives
[url deleted] [url deleted] [url deleted] [url deleted] [url deleted] [url deleted]

But FJ is dying (we can't deny that) so pick one and move on. They're all better then FJ.
User avatar #3 - haranaslicer (02/26/2014) [+] (1 reply)
"there is no wrong answer" ~hands in essay~ "Except that one"
#5 - bigmanblue (02/26/2014) [+] (11 replies)
yeah that **** happened to me all the time in high school
i remember one teacher i had she would give us the most pathetic and terrible stories and poems to do reports on and so i would do the report based on my view and i would back up why i thought the poem/book was terrible with reasoning
then i would get a really low mark because the teacher would tell me that the book/poem is good and i should have written my report based on that thought
she litraly told us to write the reports as we saw fit then if we ever gave her a report with a different view from hers she gave them atrocious grades
what makes it even worse was there was a guy in the class who keyed on early and always wrote the reports based on her view and she practicaly fell in love with the guy
she always gave him high marks preferential treatment once she sent someone out the class cos he asked her to
im amazed she managed to keep the job cos she sucked balls
#6 to #5 - whynotzoidberglol (02/26/2014) [-]
Maybe that's why she kept the job.
#14 - unmercifulgod (02/26/2014) [+] (4 replies)
If this actually happened, you could probably pursue some sort of legal action against her or the school.
#21 - miklthepikl (02/26/2014) [+] (4 replies)
take it to the head of the department, demand it be regraded by a different teacher. theres no reason to put up with that 						********
take it to the head of the department, demand it be regraded by a different teacher. theres no reason to put up with that ********
#8 - xmonke (02/26/2014) [-]
...Seriously? Wow, that actually makes me really mad for you. I'd confront her on that 						********					.
...Seriously? Wow, that actually makes me really mad for you. I'd confront her on that ******** .
#13 - loomiss (02/26/2014) [-]
My 11th grade English teacher did that on my paper about gun laws.   
We had to pick a side and defend it using only the sources she provided.   
Most of her sources were prop gun laws which made it difficult to stray the other direction anyway. Also, I had some famous quote in my paper with quotations around it and I cited it as anonymous because there wasn't any source that really gave a name to the quote.    
She ended up yelling at me in front of the class about how plagiarism is so awful.   
Dumb bitch.
My 11th grade English teacher did that on my paper about gun laws.
We had to pick a side and defend it using only the sources she provided.
Most of her sources were prop gun laws which made it difficult to stray the other direction anyway. Also, I had some famous quote in my paper with quotations around it and I cited it as anonymous because there wasn't any source that really gave a name to the quote.
She ended up yelling at me in front of the class about how plagiarism is so awful.
Dumb bitch.
#79 - slowbroking (02/26/2014) [+] (4 replies)
>Be me in 9th grade
>Be 4 AM
>Get a text from my best friend "Holy **** dude. I just finished that paper for history today"
>Totally forgot that I have a 20 page paper due tomorrow thats worth 50% of our grade
>Faced with two choices. Either try to complete the paper by 7 AM when I had to leave for school and have it be ****** or just don't do the damn thing.
>Choose not to do the damn thing
>Go to school the next day.
>First class is history
>In front of whole class teacher says"Slowbroking, I noticed that you didn't hand in your paper."
>"Yeah" is my only response
>Before I leave the classroom, teacher stops me
>"Why didn't you do your paper, Slowbroking?"
>"I'm going to be honest Ms. Page, I just didn't feel like doing it in the beginning then I forgot"
>"I appreciate your honesty. Most kids would make up some lie. You get a 90% for honesty. Don't tell anyone"
>Mfw
>
User avatar #88 to #79 - merrymarvelite (02/26/2014) [-]
Of all the things that never happened, this didn't happen the most.
#87 - doctorprofessornv (02/26/2014) [-]
Teachers sometimes forget that they have a specific objective to fulfill, and end up using their position as a means to shove personal views down students throats or otherwise mess with students grades. As a teacher, your job is to objectively teach the subject you are assigned. I notice power abuse stories more in writing classes, which is ironic because the point of persuasive essays is simply to argue a point, and research essays are supposed to be entirely objective. It's not about 'right vs wrong" its about learning to analyze information and formulate an argument. More importantly, teachers should remember that messing with grades just to prove a point can be highly detrimental, especially when you get closer to college. I never ran into a situation like this, but If had I would have taken the issue as far up the chain of command as I had to in order to rectify your situation. Never ever let a teacher push you around, they are there to help you learn, not control you (but that also means you must respect your teachers, so the will be inclined to respect you back.)
#69 - mr skeltal (02/26/2014) [+] (1 reply)
Our teacher gave us a short story to read in which the final page had been left out.
Later he gave us an assignment to write what we thought happend in the end of the story.
He gave me an F when I didn't manage to guess the actual ending.
#173 - darkjustifier (02/27/2014) [+] (2 replies)
Why is everyone trying to get red thumbs by sticking their own comments like that lately?
#39 - baldraun (02/26/2014) [+] (6 replies)
This 						****					 happened to me in college a year ago. We had to write an essay regarding gun control in the USA for American Government. I wrote an A essay and was given a C-.    
   
The professor (from Sweden, so I should have known) circled a part of my essay where I wrote something along the lines of "I refuse to surrender a woman's Natural Right to resist violence or rape at the hands of legislators taking emotional advantage of American Citizens..." blah blah blah extensive FBI research that supports my opinion. It was 						********					.   
   
Pic related, mfw Obummer and Feinstein try to take muh freedums away.
This **** happened to me in college a year ago. We had to write an essay regarding gun control in the USA for American Government. I wrote an A essay and was given a C-.

The professor (from Sweden, so I should have known) circled a part of my essay where I wrote something along the lines of "I refuse to surrender a woman's Natural Right to resist violence or rape at the hands of legislators taking emotional advantage of American Citizens..." blah blah blah extensive FBI research that supports my opinion. It was ******** .

Pic related, mfw Obummer and Feinstein try to take muh freedums away.
#134 - thelastelephant ONLINE (02/27/2014) [+] (3 replies)
>Write a 2,000 word persuasive essay on why we play games   
>what.avi   
> -15% because I used transition sentences   
> -25% because my essay was too informative and not persuasive enough   
> -30% because apparently the standard format for a college essay is the wrong format   
>MFW
>Write a 2,000 word persuasive essay on why we play games
>what.avi
> -15% because I used transition sentences
> -25% because my essay was too informative and not persuasive enough
> -30% because apparently the standard format for a college essay is the wrong format
>MFW
#104 - orangepikmin (02/27/2014) [-]
To OP:
#182 - randomdylan ONLINE (02/27/2014) [-]
Can we stop letting this guy get to the front page?
Can we stop letting this guy get to the front page?
#4 - mr skeltal (02/26/2014) [-]
Take it up with your Councillor. They have the power to fix it. We have the power to use your tears as lube.
#170 - kinginyellow (02/27/2014) [-]
Just going to leave something my English teacher told me about essays, and even fitting advice he told an intern who was supervised under a teacher that failed the last 4 interns:
Do everything the teacher wants, how they want it. You have the rest of your life to write a compelling argument for what you believe in, and you can push for that when you're out of the class, but the sad reality is some teachers are narrow minded without any intention of going in another point of view. Don't let your paper become your values or views, focus on the audience that will read your paper and cater to what they want and how they want it. Once you pass the class you're free to pursue what you want and cater to how you want to do it.

Also a side note: I've seen some people claim that they were failed solely on opinion, when in reality they wrote a passionate paper on what they believe in, and their passion lead to irrational arguments and gaping holes in the argument. Have a neutral party look at your paper, or even an opposing view that's rational, and let them voice their criticism and go from there. If you find yourself making assumptions and avoiding specific points, you may not have the most stable ground for your opinion, and no persuasive essay should have "because I believe so" or anything along those lines, it's not a good way to persuade.
#125 - peinguino (02/27/2014) [-]
writing orrisicc
writing orrisicc
#92 - wantabeer (02/26/2014) [-]
The best advice I could offer to someone in this position is to not let the poor grade give you the idea that you're wrong. Stay consistent in your morals and believe what you want to believe. After reading the comments I'm disgusted that you guys had to put up with people who pulled **** like this. Kids need reinforcement and guidance. It seems to me like they're trying to strong-arm students into believing what they believe. That's politics, and the classroom doesn't need to function under that kind of pressure.
[ 225 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)