The Devil Inside
Source: in content
subscribe for more
Kunmadaras is a village in Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok county, in the Northern Great Plain region of central Hungary.
The first written record of the existence of the village is from 1393. According to it Sigismund gave this area to the possession of György Madaras, that is where the name comes from. During the Ottoman occupation the village was destroyed. In the 18th and 19th century the number of the population began to increase again, new houses, buildings were built. In 1811 it became a market town. In 1944 the German army had an airport built at the edge of the village that was being used by the Soviet one till the end of the World War.
In 1946 there was a pogrom in Kunmadaras, inspired by a rumour that Jews were making sausages out of children. Two Jews were killed and fifteen were injured.
Military importance during socialist period
Between 1956 and 1991 Soviet army troops were stationing there. According to a book of Károly Vándor, this airport was one of the military facilities in which nuclear weapons were held during the Cold War. The 328th independent Reconnaissance Aviation Regiment, Southern Group of Forces, was stationed at Kunmadaras until 1990-91, whereupon it was withdrawn back to the Odessa region and disbanded.
In 2001 the inhabitants of the village declared themselves as 95% Hungarian and 5% Romanis.
Tags: laurence fishbur | Environment Agen | Davina McCall | Stuart Hall | Tube Strike This | sex | Anal