Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

hide menu
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #16 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
>6 AM
>Bright as ****
Doubt.
#176 to #16 - anonymous (07/16/2014) [-]
i get up at 4 am for work at 5. It can definitely be bright at 6
User avatar #181 to #176 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Do you live and work in Florida? We use miles in my country, thus every other country must also use miles as a length of distance because my country does that and therefore every other country is clearly the same as mine when it comes to everything. That seems to be the logic everyone has when they say that the sun rises early in their country.
User avatar #140 to #16 - tiles (07/16/2014) [-]
The sun rises at around 4:30 AM where I live.
User avatar #178 to #140 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Do you live where the picture was taken? Jesus ******* Christ, everyone seems to think that because the sun rises super early where they live that it must rise at exactly the same time everyhwhere else around the world.
User avatar #183 to #178 - tiles (07/16/2014) [-]
Of course not.
I'm just saying that the sun does rise at earlier times in different locations at different times of the year.
User avatar #184 to #183 - schmitty (07/17/2014) [-]
Right, but I live reasonably close to where the picture was taken so I am quite familiar with the sun rise times, not to an exact minute, but an approximation.
User avatar #116 to #16 - alimais (07/16/2014) [-]
That looks bright to you ?
User avatar #180 to #116 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
For 6 AM it does. I'm not suggesting the picture was taken at noon, just that its a lot brighter than 6 AM in that picture.
#115 to #16 - SmellyClaw (07/16/2014) [-]
It's never bright in your parents basement, right?
User avatar #179 to #115 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Clearly you know zero things about Florida.
User avatar #81 to #16 - Loppytaffy (07/16/2014) [-]
I live in Britain and the sun currently rises at around 4am. And our weather is dull as **** . I can imagine that Florida has much brighter mornings.
User avatar #82 to #81 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
I agree that we most likely have much brighter mornings, but the sun here typically begins to rise around 6 in the midsummer and only gets later as the year goes on.
User avatar #83 to #82 - Loppytaffy (07/16/2014) [-]
Clearly you have never done a nightshift, or generally been awake before 6am in Spring, Summer or Autumn.
User avatar #84 to #83 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
I have actually, I used to do night time security where I was outside the whole time. My shift started at midnight and ended at 6 AM. I started in May and ended in September so I was awake many days at 6 AM. Often times the sun was just starting to rise as I was getting off in May, then after June the sun started coming up later and later.
User avatar #88 to #84 - Loppytaffy (07/16/2014) [-]
I, too, am a security officer. I watched the sun rise this morning at 03.46, I know because my torch had broken and I couldn't go on patrol until it got light enough to make out vague objects.
User avatar #90 to #88 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
That sounds awful (the sun rising that early I mean). However we're 5 hours behind you here in Florida so the sun is going to rise ~5 hours later. As someone below us posted the sun, on the 15th of July, 2014, rose in the area mentioned in the content at 5:58. Which means it was apparently this bright 2 minutes after the sun started to rise.
User avatar #92 to #90 - Loppytaffy (07/16/2014) [-]
Happens all the time. Gets dark at 10-11 (depending on cloud cover). If it's really clear we can still have enough light to walk the dog by at midnight.
User avatar #94 to #92 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Having dog must be nice. I was working a couple local marinas by myself the whole time. Sometimes pulling a double which would result in a 12 hour shift from 6 PM to 6 Am. **** ******* blew.
User avatar #96 to #94 - Loppytaffy (07/16/2014) [-]
I don't have a dog. Day shifts are 12hrs, night shifts are 16hrs, I do not have time for a dog no matter what shifts I'm on.
User avatar #99 to #96 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
I meant having a dog to work with, not as a pet. I was just talking about how boring it was be alone the whole time.
#57 to #16 - firereadyaim (07/16/2014) [-]
what the **** are you talking about? the sun is well up in the sky by 6 during summer
User avatar #58 to #57 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Do you live in Florida? Have you been awake for the sunrise here? It is not that bright at 6 AM here. Sure, the sun may start rising around that time on some days, but it is not that bright. I'm not contesting that its morning, just that it isn't 6 AM, which as I've stated before, causes me to doubt that the person who took the pictures is the same as the one who wrote the story.
User avatar #77 to #58 - SylverSlayer (07/16/2014) [-]
sun's up at like, 8 here.
gotta love albertaaaa
User avatar #85 to #77 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
That doesn't seem too bad, must make sleeping in a lot easier.
User avatar #87 to #85 - SylverSlayer (07/16/2014) [-]
Was even better when i lived in the mountains of BC.
sun rises at 8, sets at 9, and 11 beautiful hours of darkness follows
User avatar #89 to #87 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
That sounds pretty sweet. Get a lot of solid day time hours and a bunch of darkness for all sorts of activities.
#91 to #89 - SylverSlayer (07/16/2014) [-]
i miss that place

pic related, its my hometown
User avatar #97 to #91 - SylverSlayer (07/16/2014) [-]
dont move to the place in the picture unless you plan on retiring or you're rich.
best job i could find was paper delivery for 10 dollars a day
User avatar #93 to #91 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
So jelly. I love snow and snowboarding, I hate that about living in Florida, if I want to do awesome winter sports I need to save up a bunch of money just to leave the state, yet alone the actual costs of the sports.
#64 to #58 - firereadyaim (07/16/2014) [-]
sunrisesunset.willyweather.com/fl/escambia-county/perdido-key.html
here you go. first light by 5:31, suns up by 5:58. the sky being that bright is perfectly plausible to me.
reading your entire comment, ya thats always a possibility, but do you really think someone would just do that? just go on the internet and tell lies like that?(sarcasm)
User avatar #66 to #64 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
I'm not suggesting that its going to be pitch black outside, simply that it wouldn't be that bright. The sun doesn't rise all at once, its not dark and then all of a sudden the sun is in the sky and its time to go to work, it takes time. I don't believe that it was this bright at 6 AM, 2 minutes after the sun is supposed to have begun to rise.
User avatar #49 to #16 - watyoutalkabout (07/16/2014) [-]
inb4 this pleb sits inside all day
User avatar #52 to #49 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
I don't sit inside all day, however I gone to sleep many times after 6 AM and it was not as bright as depicted in the picture.
#41 to #16 - anonymous (07/16/2014) [-]
1st/ ur a fagot
2nd. i live in florida and it gets bright by 5. also have you wondered that maybe this picture wasnt taken in the summer.
User avatar #31 to #16 - repitem (07/16/2014) [-]
Dude.Where i live,it's already brighter than in that photo and its not even 5 AM
User avatar #32 to #31 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
That's nice, but this isn't where you live, it's where I live and I know it doesn't get that bright at 6 AM here.
User avatar #33 to #32 - repitem (07/16/2014) [-]
It's Poland.And,since where Florida is located,i think it is bright over there at the hour too.If not im geographically retarded i guess.
User avatar #36 to #33 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Its not. I live in Florida. There's no way it was this bright at 6 AM.
User avatar #37 to #36 - repitem (07/16/2014) [-]
Okay.And you really don't have to repeat that you live in Florida every time you reply,i get it
User avatar #39 to #37 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Well your words indicated otherwise. I understand you were just providing alternatives, and that's fine, but to me it seemed as though you were saying that it could be that bright and that I just might not know.

I live in Florida
User avatar #40 to #39 - repitem (07/16/2014) [-]
Seemed.

You had one job
User avatar #19 to #16 - thalassinus (07/16/2014) [-]
Where I live **** is bright at 02:00 am
User avatar #22 to #19 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Well you don't live in Florida apparently.
User avatar #18 to #16 - thisisbait (07/16/2014) [-]
It can be 6 AM and bright outside, how do you find that odd?

Hell, its common around the summer solstice, where i am right now the sun rises around 5~6am.
#171 to #18 - realvegzillar (07/16/2014) [-]
> Be Arctic   
> Sun rose 3 months ago   
> Still cold
> Be Arctic
> Sun rose 3 months ago
> Still cold
User avatar #117 to #18 - bjartur (07/16/2014) [-]
it rises at 3 am around here,

Nordic stronk
#101 to #18 - gunnyjoe (07/16/2014) [-]
I live in Florida, I can confirm it's not that bright at 6AM.
User avatar #21 to #18 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Because he's in Florida. I live in Florida. Even on Summer Solstice the run didn't start rising until around 6:15, and that was just when you could barely see rays of light on the horizon. This picture is either well after 6 AM or he brought flood lights to the beach.
User avatar #24 to #21 - thisisbait (07/16/2014) [-]
Maybe it was 6:16.
User avatar #25 to #24 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Then only a few rays of light would be seen, and you would be able to see the sun over the water most likely. Besides, the light is strong that the sun is clearly a decent height in the sky, I.E. well after sunrise.
#17 to #16 - iscrewbabies ONLINE (07/16/2014) [-]
Dude it's 4:47AM right now in my country, and it's pretty damn bright here. at 6AM it's basically like daytime.
User avatar #23 to #17 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
This picture wasn't taken in your country, it was taken in the Florida Keys.
#34 to #23 - iscrewbabies ONLINE (07/16/2014) [-]
Well then you got some **** wrong with your eyes. Florida keys just happens to be the only place where it is darker than everywhere else? Sure thing, bro.
User avatar #38 to #34 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
The picture says it was taken at 6 AM. Its not that bright here at 6 AM.
#43 to #38 - iscrewbabies ONLINE (07/16/2014) [-]
You daft ************ ...
User avatar #45 to #43 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
How am I daft exactly?
#46 to #45 - iscrewbabies ONLINE (07/16/2014) [-]
I'm done here. Watching a horror movie now.
User avatar #47 to #46 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
It would appear as though thou art the one who is daft if you aren't even capable explaining your point have since moved to apparent rage quit mode.
#50 to #47 - iscrewbabies ONLINE (07/16/2014) [-]
Rage quit? Not really. I explained my point, yet you did not apparently read it.
Think what you wish, I am in a mood too good to deal with this. Meeting this chick I like soon, not that you'd care. So I'd rather not get slightly bummed out by a completely useless argument online, and I'd prefer to just watch a movie that I have been planning on watching for a while. You have an odd understanding of rage quits though.
User avatar #51 to #50 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
You didn't explain your point though. All you said was that it was bright in your country and that I must have ****** up eyes if I can't see light. I explained to you my point that the picture was taken in Florida, a place I've lived my entire life, and that it not nearly that bright at 6 AM. The doubt stated in my original comment is that I doubt the person who took those pictures is that same person who wrote the story, given that, as I've numerous times, it is not that bright in Florida at 6 AM. Sure it can be that bright in other places at that time, but the content states the pictures are from Florida at 6 AM, yet the sun is brightly shining.
#53 to #51 - iscrewbabies ONLINE (07/16/2014) [-]
Fine, I will entertain you a bit longer. The movie doesn't seem too fun anyways. The Pact, if you're interested.
What I can read from your comment, is that you clearly can not see all the clouds, and you even more clearly can not see that the sun is in fact not shining very bright. You seem to have missed all that. I just went over the pictures again, and this all is indeed true, and the sun is not shining that much. Can't even see too much sun from behind the clouds, to be completely honest. Looks like a cloudy 6AM to me.
User avatar #54 to #53 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
I agree its definitely cloudy in the pictures. I wasn't trying to say that the pictures appear as though they were taken on a clear midday on the Summer Solstice, merely that it is way too bright in the pictures for it to be 6 AM in the reported place. If is 6 AM, then its not Florida; if its Florida, then its not 6 AM.
#55 to #54 - iscrewbabies ONLINE (07/16/2014) [-]
Yet there is clearly an anon saying the exact opposite to what you are saying, and he also claims to live in Florida. Your word counts for as much as the word of that anon.
So how about this... I'll reply to a few more comments, but can we end this then? I'd really want to watch this movie. It seems boring, but it has this semi-hot milf looking chick that is often in her underwear like in every horror movie, so it has that going for it.
User avatar #56 to #55 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Well I can tell you that just yesterday I was awake at 5 AM (I realize I have no way of actually proving that) and it was dark as **** . I live in South Florida, about a 5 hour drive north of the Keys, and it doesn't get as bright at 6 AM as it apparently does in the photos. I don't know what point the anon was trying to make by saying that its possible the pictures weren't taken in summer, the sun would be rising earlier in the summer than in the winter. There have been days where the sun hasn't come out until nearly 7 in the winter, sometimes after that, so him saying that really doesn't do anything other than say he doesn't know what he's talking about. The fact that you're arguing this hard about the sunrise time/amount of sunlight in a place you don't even live is quite odd to me. It doesn't get that bright at 6 AM here, I highly doubt the person who took the pictures is the same person who wrote the story that accompanies them.
#59 to #56 - iscrewbabies ONLINE (07/16/2014) [-]
Well the movie just got interesting. I saw some floating freaky ass headless school teacher chick. She was kinda hot, if you forget the fact that her head was separated from her body.
So can we just agree to disagree here? Because I'm not going to believe you, and you're not going to agree with me. So it's not like we're going to get anywhere here, right? So can I now leave without you saying that I "rage quit"? It's an idiotic enough of a thing to say when someone calmly wants to end an argument, but I'll forgive it this one time. Not that it would matter whether I forgive it or not.
User avatar #60 to #59 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Well I'm not going to say your rage quitting now. We've a (somewhat) proper discussion about this, but earlier you hadn't explained anything and just insulted me a decided to leave without any explanation. But yes, I see we have reached an impasse, so go enjoy your movie.
#61 to #60 - iscrewbabies ONLINE (07/16/2014) [-]
Ah, right. About earlier. I realize why you thought I was insulting you, because it does indeed seem that way. I don't expect anyone who doesn't know me to understand that.
I call most of my friends ******* , and I say things like that all the times. I don't mean it as an insult, really. Well... daft was sort of a slight insult, I suppose. Just thought I'd clear this up, that's all. It's idiotic of me to do so, I know, because talking like that will only bring more conflict, but meh... it's just me, and I can't be arsed to change.
User avatar #62 to #61 - schmitty (07/16/2014) [-]
Word.
 Friends (0)