Ocean of sounds. 7 months old boy hears his mother's voice for the first time. We wish him all the best in his future .. And this is a woman who hears sound for the first time in 2 years. Ocean of sounds 7 months old boy hears his mother's voice for the first time We wish him all best in future And this is a woman who sound 2 years
Upload
Login or register
Hide Comments
Leave a comment Refresh Comments (274)
[ 274 comments ]
> hey anon, wanna give your opinion?
asd
#3 - evilhomer
Reply +362 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
And this is a woman who hears sound for the first time in 2 years.
And this is a woman who hears sound for the first time in 2 years.
User avatar #126 to #3 - katarinaismywaifu
Reply -9 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
>Stopped natural selection
>Hears sound
>Starts crying
******* dumb bitch. She should be happy she can hear.
User avatar #184 to #126 - narcomancer
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
you unfortunate soul

im not even mad, i just feel sorry for how ******* insanely ignorant you are.

>inb4 trolling

User avatar #192 to #184 - pickedusername
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
If it sounds like trolling
#182 to #126 - wobblewub
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Comment Picture
User avatar #194 to #126 - domny
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
>first time in 2 years
>had hearing before
>genetics are fine you unknowing bastard
#171 to #3 - narutogayboy
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
what a retard
#9 to #3 - fekke
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
Sauce?
User avatar #23 to #9 - helpexplain
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Check out the comment above you (#21) for the source.
User avatar #242 to #23 - fekke
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Thank you.
#12 to #9 - xyrik
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
reverse image search?
#22 to #3 - anon id: 79898618
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
2 Years, Im gonna hope that was a typo
User avatar #31 to #22 - ptolomeus
Reply +23 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
She was born deaf. She hears herself for the first time at the age of 29.
Also for good feels and stuff, check comment #21
#213 to #31 - xxmemosxx
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
One thing that bothers me about that video. If she was born deaf, then how does she know how to talk?
User avatar #241 to #213 - viscerys
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
You can learn to talk without hearing yourself. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but you can. I think it has to do with being able to lip-read.
#111 to #31 - anon id: 3ec25e41
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I would believe 2 years more than 29, due to the fact that she pronounces the words perfectly before the aid gets turned on. As you may have seen before, deaf people can't pronounce **** well. At all.
User avatar #198 to #111 - ptolomeus
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
But you are wrong. The channel it is uploaded from is hers actually it's her husbands, minor detail so i think she knows the story and facts better than anyone. Follow her on Facebook for more details about her life and past if you want.

User avatar #200 to #198 - ptolomeus
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
29 years old and hearing myself WITH 2 EARS for the first time!
I must correct myself, i meant to write "husband's".
And here you can hear that she doesn't speak that perfect, but it's pretty damn close. Some former deaf people can speak really well.
#38 to #31 - anon id: 31f046a2
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
He didn't ask how many years, he asked if putting the 2 years was a typo, which it is or miss informed.
#40 to #38 - ptolomeus
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I know and i provided him with information.   
Despite a person does not ask for something in particular, is it not still right to provide that person with the information needed to clear things up for them?   
As in this case he was hoping it to be typo, so i wrote the essential part of the story down...
I know and i provided him with information.
Despite a person does not ask for something in particular, is it not still right to provide that person with the information needed to clear things up for them?
As in this case he was hoping it to be typo, so i wrote the essential part of the story down...

#113 to #40 - Sunburn
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Comment Picture
#39 to #3 - jamesdabooty
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #238 to #3 - pesoen
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
2? she looks 20.
#251 to #3 - wtfduud
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #72 to #3 - lmOldGreg
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Aww, that's really heartwarming and cute.
User avatar #41 to #3 - jamesdabooty
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
then she went and saw Megadeth
User avatar #21 to #3 - Kirbyman
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
29 years old and hearing myself for the 1st time!
#80 to #3 - cazabrow
Reply +137 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I love some of the youtube replies   
   
"The first thing she should of done when she could hear was thank God because it wouldn't of been possible without him. "   
   
and a reply   
   
"by that logic, God was the one to make her deaf in the first place. That's like me smashing your car only to buy you a new one 29 years later."
I love some of the youtube replies

"The first thing she should of done when she could hear was thank God because it wouldn't of been possible without him. "

and a reply

"by that logic, God was the one to make her deaf in the first place. That's like me smashing your car only to buy you a new one 29 years later."
#179 to #80 - anon id: 65bf1b4e
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
the fedoras mad because she thanks god? lol, what a nerd
User avatar #28 - Lintutu
Reply -325 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
if you have a deaf child, why can't you just accept that and make an effort to learn sign language for HIS benefit? a cochlear implant/hearing aids won't help much. They can "hear" a limited number of sounds/words, and it is incredibly difficult thing to have. Just make it easier on the kid's life by learning how to sign and put him in a deaf school.

I'm learning to be an ASL interpreter, and i actually am hoping to have a deaf child
User avatar #197 to #28 - luqmanr
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I'm not saying that being deaf doesn't mean you can't have a full and great live, but having able to hear the wonders of sound is an incredible blessing. If you're actually making efforts to deny that blessing from someone, I hope you realize the errors in your ways soon.
#219 to #28 - privilege
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I am deaf. What the **** is this? Are you ******* serious? I was agreeing with you for a second until you said you are hoping to have a deaf child. That is ******* stupid.
#248 to #28 - Penn
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Who says their going to stick that in his ear and call it a day? You know that he can have a hearing aid and the family can still learn sign language, right?

"Sir, your son is deaf, but we can help him gain this beautiful and helpful sense with a hearing aid."
"**** that keep him deaf we can just learn sign language."
"Sir, he won't be able to completely hear with the hearing aid. It's just an aid. You should still learn sign language to help him."
"Nope, **** that hearing aid."

That's a pretty big dick move.

"Sir, your son can't walk, but we can fix him and through physical therapy, operations, and medication he should be able to walk again."
"**** that we'll just get a wheelchair."
#30 to #28 - neogiga
Reply -5 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
**neogiga rolled image** nope.
User avatar #91 to #28 - demandsgayversion
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
9.9/10
#189 to #28 - anon id: 2d89e12f
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Get absolutely ******.

Earlier this year I listened to Sophie Li talk to a group of students (including myself), she's the daughter of the famous ballet dancer Li Cunxin (Mao's Last Dancer). Born completely deaf and her parents gave up their whole career to help her. I was moved to tears. You hear stories like that and it makes you realise that people like you are the scum of the earth. Get ******.
User avatar #35 to #28 - tehfalconguy
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
kill yourself
#73 to #28 - jomgor
Reply +14 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
theres not much more i can say that hasnt already been said about your sheer idiocy.   
so ill keep it simple; kill yourself faggot.
theres not much more i can say that hasnt already been said about your sheer idiocy.
so ill keep it simple; kill yourself faggot.
#95 to #73 - huels
Reply +9 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
User avatar #130 to #73 - volksworgen
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
What the **** is happening in this gif? Krieg using hellborn skillset?
User avatar #137 to #130 - articulate
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
He touched a wire and got electrocuted.
User avatar #204 to #137 - dabugman
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
It's shocking.
User avatar #215 to #204 - articulate
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
It's enlightning.
User avatar #230 to #215 - dabugman
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Watt was he thinking.
User avatar #245 to #230 - articulate
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Absolutely reVolting.
User avatar #247 to #245 - dabugman
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
He must have been really amped up and not thinking clearly
User avatar #253 to #247 - articulate
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
His resistance to the idea was very low.
User avatar #254 to #253 - dabugman
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Maybe his Ohmlife was pretty bad and just couldn't handle it any more.
User avatar #255 to #254 - articulate
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I hope he isn't charged with disturbing the peace.
User avatar #262 to #255 - dabugman
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
I'm positive that his actions were so negative, that they did even want to press charges.
User avatar #272 to #262 - articulate
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
The doctor says his condition is static, and that because of the nature of his injury they didn't even need a defibrillator.
User avatar #270 to #262 - leonhardt
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
Thanks guys, I didn't know how much I could groan before it hurt, until I read this thread.
User avatar #274 to #270 - dabugman
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
Well I'm glad we could give you an outlet to gain that knowledge.
#116 to #28 - moerlind
Reply +16 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
"and i actually am hoping to have a deaf child".    
   
Because **** the kid right? As long as you get to practice your sign language...
"and i actually am hoping to have a deaf child".

Because **** the kid right? As long as you get to practice your sign language...
#29 to #28 - jeanmariegrangon
Reply +17 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
#44 to #29 - thebeatlesfan
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Actually I'm hoping I have a retarded child!
User avatar #47 to #44 - Lintutu
Reply -21 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
deafness =/= retardation
User avatar #70 to #47 - elemelonsmage
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Deafness, a sense, could be compared to sight, or to taste or smell or touch. We understand that you want to be a part of the deaf community but you can't wish for a child to be born deaf just because you are interested into it. It's like those mean parents that push their children into becoming what THEY (the parents) wanted. No. Your child(when you have one) is a person separate from you and his/her dreams and hopes for the future don't have to match yours, so stop wishing for a life to be made to fit perfectly with your own. Selfish Bastard. Stop replying, we already know how you feel. Just go away.
#48 to #47 - thebeatlesfan
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I was just making fun of the first dude :/

Sometimes I'm stupid but I ain't that stupid
User avatar #49 to #48 - Lintutu
Reply -24 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
i AM the first dude
#51 to #49 - thebeatlesfan
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Well hey there first dude. I'm stupid for not realizing but you're still stupid for the first comment by the first dude so I guess we're even.
#158 to #51 - sytheris
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
You're all over the place.

It's kinda neat.
#261 to #158 - thebeatlesfan
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
Sometimes I'm really stupid
User avatar #203 to #47 - dabugman
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Who said deafness = retardation. He meant you just went full retard, which is more so confirmed by your response.
#37 to #28 - crazymannequin
Reply +20 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
yeah lets deny a person the ability to experience the joy of sound when we have the technology to give him the ability he lacks
#88 to #28 - clownsormidgets
Reply +22 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I think you need a drink.
User avatar #34 to #28 - tehfalconguy
Reply +23 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I'm gonna be a psychologist that specializes in sociopaths. I really hope my kid tries to brutally murder everyone in the family.
User avatar #55 to #34 - Lintutu
Reply -35 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
that is unfair comparison
User avatar #76 to #55 - tehfalconguy
Reply +9 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
So you're saying wanting your kid to have a major fundamental issue in their life just because you want to be a special snowflake is fair?
User avatar #79 to #76 - Lintutu
Reply -33 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
this is going to be the last thing i reply to because i'm tired of reading the hate comments. I get that you all think i'm stupid and should kill myself alright? Let's just leave it at that. I have tried to explain myself but found that i was only making my hole deeper. I'm not going to explain my way of thinking, because no matter what i do say, it will not be good enough and you will assume things about my personality and life style anyway. So i leave it at that, and i'm going to move on with my life. I accept defeat
User avatar #85 to #79 - alexthebest
Reply +13 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Why don't you adopt a deaf child when you're ready for kids, instead of wishing deafness on someone who hasn't been born? If you're learning to be an interpreter, you'd be well-suited to raise him or her, assuming you're less of an ass in real life.
#87 to #85 - Lintutu
Reply -2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
i have actually considered adopting a deaf child. and you know, i apologize for the EXTREMELY unpopular opinion i originally posted. I didn't think i was gonna be blown up this bad. And i want to thank YOU for not jumping at my throat and telling me how awful of a person i am when you don't know me on a personal level based off of one comment, or to kill myself about it
User avatar #89 to #87 - alexthebest
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Sorry for my rude add-on at the end. I don't understand why it would be frowned upon for a hearing person to learn ASL and want to be part of the culture. Even if you can't fully understand being deaf, I would have thought people would want to share their experiences and widen their circle of friends.
User avatar #90 to #89 - Lintutu
Reply -19 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
From what i have read/watched/ and learned from my teachers, there are mixed feeling within the deaf community about a hearing person learning about their culture. Because they have been discriminated against for years and think ALL hearing people are like that, and find it offense for them to learn the language because some thing they are "taking away the only thing they have to call their own". While the other half thinks it's great that hearing people are making an effort to be able to communicate with them
User avatar #94 to #90 - alexthebest
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I think as long as people have proper respect for any language and the people who use it, it's good to learn. My friend knows ASL but she knows to follow etiquette rules like not watching people sign from far away, because it's essentially eavesdropping.



Too bad I suck at learning languages.
#180 to #87 - anon id: 9e0e8f67
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Couple of things:
1. As you can see in the content, deaf people want to be able to hear. They consider it a good thing, enrichening their life.
2. You wish something bad on a child for your own benefit. Yes, that's awful.
3. If you had a deaf child and the option to make them hear again, you would not do it, so you could be part of a culture you consider cool. That's not just awful, that's horrible and you should not be given responsibility for / that kind of power over a child.
4. If you think being deaf is so cool, why don't you deafen yourself. Spending a couple of hours between to really loud loudspeakers should do the trick. Then you can be part of a cool culture. I would only highly suggest never to tell any deaf person what you did, because they'd probably despise you for giving away the gift of sound.
User avatar #201 to #79 - dabugman
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I know another guy who tried to explain his way of thinking, he wrote a book, I think it was called Mein Kampf.
#62 to #55 - anon id: 393e4e08
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Know what else is unfair? Wishing your kid was physically disabled because you're stupid enough to think having a deaf kid would make you cool.
#42 to #28 - undiscovered
Reply +23 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
As an older brother to two profoundly deaf siblings with cochlear implants, I can say you need to re-evaluate your life goals there bud.
ASL is great, and so is the culture around it. Deaf culture is very unique. However, you can't just think about you and your kids. It affects everyone around you. No one in your extended family will be able to talk to your child unless you are around. Can you imagine having anywhere from 20-100 people learn ASL just to communicate with one person? And then being in the workplace would be an extremely different challenge.
And, unless you have the resources, learning/development is extremely inhibited. My brother had no hearing aids until about 1.5 and then was implanted at 3. He has always struggled with reading and speech. He even went to a school for the deaf which specifically helped kids with CIs and it was still a battle for him. My sister was implanted at 18 months, went to the same school, and now is in AP classes. The earlier their hearing is semi-restored, the easier their school life is.
And the best part is, through their lives, meeting deaf people without CIs has made them want to learn ASL. So there is nothing wrong with doing both. They have both done college level ASL and have deaf friends who only talk in ASL that they converse with frequently.
And as for the functionality of CIs, you are sadly misinformed. That might have been what they were like about 20 years ago, but I assure you my siblings are able to listen to any music and know the notes. They were both in band and my sister is in chorus and theater as well. It isn't like some tiny computer blips.
They are both bi-laterally implanted, one in college, one a senior, and both successful and able to function without any assistance.

Disclaimer: For those who are deaf and only use ASL, I have no doubt you have triumphed in your life as much as my siblings, but for my family and our situation, this was the right thing to do to help them be everything they can.
User avatar #164 to #28 - leonhardt
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
inb4 "OMG I WAS TROLLIGN U GUISE ALL ALONG!!!"
User avatar #115 to #28 - duedum
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
"i actually am hoping to have a deaf child"

actual words which have been written by Lintutu.

but why tho? Why do you want a deaf child? It's a disability and just makes life more miserable for the kid. In no way is it positive. you are a sick person if you honestly believe this

the child will never experience some of the greatest things on earth. Which are sound, music, voices etc.
#92 to #28 - kdawwwg
Reply +13 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
#191 to #28 - lifeanddeath
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Comment Picture
User avatar #75 to #28 - alucardhell
Reply +13 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Your knowledge of deafness and Cis is so far in the past, i have grandparents who know more. Dear god. Just do us all a favor and sit down, shut up, and actually read up on the technology.
#122 to #28 - anon id: 94637253
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
As deaf guy, you fking sick man. Why you would wanted a deaf child that's limited life?
#57 to #28 - rainyeyes
Reply +13 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
**rainyeyes rolled image**

found the sjw
User avatar #58 to #57 - Lintutu
Reply -24 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
not really, no
#36 to #28 - anon id: 6b8ab91a
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
hoping for a deaf child is one of the most selfish things i have ever heard
how is it gonna feel when your kid has 0 friends and kids bully him?
your a dick.
User avatar #52 to #36 - Lintutu
Reply -28 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
it'll feel the same way any parent would that has a child that has no friends regardless of hearing/deaf. That's why i would teach them that not everyone is going to like them, but also help them by putting them in an establishment with other children like him so he WOULDN'T be bullied/left out/left behind as much as he would if i tried to immerse him in a world that doesn't understand.
#66 to #52 - anon id: 393e4e08
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Are you ******* autistic, brah?
#99 to #28 - shadowbreech
Reply +12 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
YFW   
I'm going to assume you meant something very different from what your comment ended up sounding like.
YFW
I'm going to assume you meant something very different from what your comment ended up sounding like.
User avatar #59 to #28 - leonhardt
Reply +64 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
"i actually am hoping to have a deaf child"

Wow. You're a horrible ******* person.
You would wish a debilitating physical disability on your child just so you could show everyone how cool you are with it.

People like you should be sterilized.
#143 to #59 - idontcarefornames
Reply +46 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
User avatar #128 to #59 - katarinaismywaifu
Reply -18 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
**** off you shill. All you ever do is rave on and attack people on funnyjunk. Just off yourself already ************.
User avatar #163 to #128 - leonhardt
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Lol, coming from the sperglord that devotes his time to being as big a faggot as he possibly can for points towards some arbitrary number because he was told he would get a special reward that singles him out as the greatest cunt on the website.

You're so pathetic that you actually think everyone hating you would make you cool, or popular, or that whenever you get the pink name or whatever ******** thing you think you're getting, that people will actually respect you.

Several people have gotten it already. And guess what. They didn't get ****.
So keep being the biggest ******* faggot that you can because you're ****** up enough to actually enjoy being hated by literally everyone that notices you exist, you sad, pathetic waste of organs and blood.

******* kill yourself

inb4 you take this as some sort of compliment to your "LE EPIC TROLLIGN SKILLZ!!!!!" and act like I'm not ******* right about your sad excuse for a life, or at least the little bit you show everyone you talk to online.
User avatar #264 to #163 - katarinaismywaifu
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
>Argues with everyone on FJ for green thumbs
>Has the nerve to talk about arbitrary points
Eat ****
User avatar #265 to #264 - leonhardt
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
Keep raging sperglord.
Maybe one day you'll get -400 and addy will come to your house and suck your tiny little cock.
User avatar #266 to #265 - katarinaismywaifu
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
>Acts like a douche
>Calls others sperglord
User avatar #267 to #266 - leonhardt
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
>Is a sperglord
User avatar #268 to #267 - katarinaismywaifu
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
>Is a dickface
User avatar #269 to #268 - leonhardt
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
>is mad as ****
#263 to #163 - katarinaismywaifu
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #183 to #128 - narcomancer
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
you will never lose your virginity
User avatar #60 to #59 - Lintutu
Reply -74 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
debilitating? yeah, no

The reason why i want a deaf child is so that i could be apart of the deaf culture. Me just being a hearing person and learning how to sign is frowned upon the deaf community the majority of the time. I suppose it would be selfish wanting a deaf child, but i fell in love with the language and the culture, and would love to be a part of it.
User avatar #61 to #60 - leonhardt
Reply +32 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
So you want a deaf child because you think people being deprived of one of their 5 senses is cool.

I don't know what I'm worried about. Like you're ever going to have children let alone make it anywhere with a woman.

"Oh yeah get me pregnant Lintutu!"
"Yeah I hope it's deaf and will never live a normal life!"
"Wow, I just remembered I'm moving to the Russian countryside forever don't follow me you ******* freak."
User avatar #63 to #61 - Lintutu
Reply -53 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
>i never said it was cool
>implying deaf people can't live normal successful lives
User avatar #64 to #63 - leonhardt
Reply +28 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
"The reason why i want a deaf child is so that i could be apart of the deaf culture."
"I never said it was cool"

You know you really should start off telling us that you're actually mentally disabled.
Would save on a lot of negative emotions.
I'm sorry, I don't mean to pick on the mentally retarded.
You have a nice day, sport. Have fun with your handler tomorrow, buddy!
User avatar #67 to #64 - Lintutu
Reply -49 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
So, because i want to be apart of a certain culture, i TRYING to be cool? It is just something i would like to experience, and i'm not looking for approval from anyone else about it
User avatar #68 to #67 - leonhardt
Reply +27 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
No, because you want your ******* child to be born with a ******* debilitating physical disorder, just to be part of a club you think is cool.

You're a horrible ******* person.
Or severely mentally disabled.

I'm going with mentally disabled.
Does your "special friend" know you're on the internet at this hour?
User avatar #199 to #68 - dabugman
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I hoped when I pulled up this assholes account it would show me that he's a troll, sad not so. This ****** is serious about this ****.
User avatar #249 to #199 - dabugman
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
to clarify, i'm talking about the guy who wants a deaf child, the one i replied to...
User avatar #142 to #67 - burnswhenipee
Reply +10 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Why don't you just deafen yourself? Instead of hoping for your child to be disabled
User avatar #83 to #67 - butterduck
Reply +10 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
You need to just stop replying and go hang yourself already.
User avatar #166 to #67 - Kairyuka
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I hope you never breed
User avatar #250 to #67 - wopwop
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
If you want to be part of the deaf community, stab yourself in your ears.
User avatar #216 to #67 - oceanfrank
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
bro just..... holy ******* **** you're just a retarded person. YOU'RE TELLING PEOPLE THAT DEAF PEOPLE CAN HAVE NORMALS LIVES BUT DONT WANT A NORMAL KID? What kind of sense are you making bro? Why would you want a child to be left of such noises such as music? Why would you want your kid to never be able to HEAR you say, "I love you" Instead of you making hand gestures telling it that? WHY WOULD YOU WANT YOUR KID TO MISS OUT ON SUCH A HUGE ASPECT OF LIVING?
User avatar #110 to #67 - Silver Quantum
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
you care enough to reply everyone, trying to save as much face as possible but yeah you're definitely not looking for anyone approval
#100 to #67 - anon id: a4ffca06
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
yeah, i agree
hanging yourself would be the best option in this situation.
#221 to #63 - privilege
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Well... Majority of deaf people don't have normal successful lives.

Speaking from my experiences and the history.
User avatar #271 to #63 - katarinaismywaifu
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/03/2014) [-]
The dude is a dickface who spends all day arguing on FJ. Don't try to argue him. Believe me.
#120 to #60 - ilostmyoldaccount
Reply +30 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
by having a Deaf child in the deaf culture and you being a hearing parent, you will NEVER be apart of Deaf Culture. the whole ******* point of Deaf culture is embracing the fact that being deaf doesn't hold you back.

sincerely a deaf person.
#139 to #120 - shreksorcist
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Smack. Down.
Smack. Down.
#77 to #60 - lplplplp
Reply +13 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Wow just wow I really hope you never have children for their sake You ******* freak
User avatar #65 to #60 - elemelonsmage
Reply +11 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Then stick something in your ear, become deaf and become one of them. By wanting a deaf child you're becoming equal or worse than the people you just criticized. If you have a normal, healthy child, why can't you just accept that and make an effort to NOTBEUPSETCAUSEHEAIN'TDEAFJUSTSOYOUCANBECOOL? Those parents love their kids, and parents may not always make the best decisions, but they make whatever decision they think it's best for their child. It's their money, it's his life. And you sounded pretty ******* mean,
#141 to #60 - thelastelephant
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
You want a deaf child so you can be vicariously deaf.

What the actual ****.
User avatar #239 to #60 - shenro
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
if you want to be part of dearf culture, why dont you make yourself deaf? poke your ear drums out so they dont work anymore.
User avatar #196 to #60 - dabugman
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Come over to my house I'll hammer a couple of nails into your ears and then you be part of the community.
#177 to #60 - anon id: 381a2971
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
It's not some club or secret society you get accepted or brought into. If they don't like you or frown upon you personally then it's probably because you're a ****** ******* person.
#144 to #28 - margrave
Reply +10 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Hoping your kid is deaf?   
You're selfish.
Hoping your kid is deaf?
You're selfish.
User avatar #229 to #28 - kampi
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
What, and miss everything that has with the art of language, speaking and noise? What about singing and music? Or when there's an emergency not able to be notified by the eye or touch?

I understand the beauty of the "deaf/silent" culture, but it's nothing to wish for, because you can still admire it in its own way.
User avatar #69 to #28 - dancingdoggy
Reply +10 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
What?
I'm hard of hearing. I can't hear that well - I hear at a level of about 50-60 decibels, and closer to 100-110 decibels in higher frequencies. This means I can't hear basic conversations unless you talk very loudly, so translating that to the rest of life, it would be a problem.
I wear hearing aids.
With these hearing aids, I can hear like a "normal" person would. I can function like a normal person. My life is not difficult. Hearing aids are amazing.
User avatar #208 to #28 - catburglarpenis
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Jesus man, that's like telling people they should stay black or Jewish.

You monster.
User avatar #33 to #28 - mutzaki
Reply +10 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Yeah, same here, man. I also want my child to be blind, have Down's, and never be able to walk. That would be rad.
User avatar #50 to #33 - Lintutu
Reply -24 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
implying deafness is anywhere near the same level as blindness/retardation
User avatar #81 to #50 - tehfalconguy
Reply +13 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
might as well just go blow out your eardrums now then, no big deal. What, you don't like that idea? Then go **** yoursef.
User avatar #187 to #28 - kneehumper
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I like how you try to act like we don't know you and therefore can't judge you.
It doesn't matter, if you wan't your child to be born with a disadvantage just because you want to be a part of something you are a selfish and horrible person.
User avatar #145 to #28 - livingshadow
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Why not just break your own ears and then you can be deaf instead of an innocent child
#160 to #28 - zerotzallander
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
> Wishing for ones child to be deaf   
> You shouldn't have kids then faggit
> Wishing for ones child to be deaf
> You shouldn't have kids then faggit
User avatar #93 to #28 - drewbridge
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
That is insanely ****** up.
User avatar #84 to #28 - wootshop
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
i think the look on that baby's face says it all.
User avatar #86 to #28 - icefried
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Don't reproduce.
#223 to #28 - ganjalf
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
#125 to #28 - megayoming
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
"I am Prepared for a deaf child"   
   
This could of been easily avoided.
"I am Prepared for a deaf child"

This could of been easily avoided.
#108 to #28 - vladhellsing
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Comment Picture
#186 to #28 - thebadspellir
Reply +5 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
It's fine to be accepting, but you're getting to SJW area when you wish a handicap on your ******* child
#127 to #28 - anon id: 6bac13c2
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Funnyjunk right now is displaying the usual lack of understanding of the deaf community and deaf pride. You been thumbed down just reinforces how little they know about it.
User avatar #149 to #28 - sinonyx
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
level 328

wow.. you actually are a massive ******* faggot
#117 to #28 - anon id: 6dd4ed74
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I hope you never have children, you are horrible to want your child to be deaf just so you can be apart of the deaf culture. Do you know how disgusting and disturbing that is. I hope you never have children, I hope that if you do, you never have a deaf child. Now parent and I mean NO PARENT, wants their child to turn out with some form of disability, whether it's minor or not. I'm not saying that people with disabilities can't lead normal lives but I can guarantee you that none of them wish their disability on their children or anyone for that matter. You are a sick human being that i hope never has children.
User avatar #119 to #28 - ilostmyoldaccount
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
as a deaf person with bilateral cochlear implants, I don't know where i would be in life if my parents didn't decide to have me implanted. I'm currently studying to be an engineer and i'm having the time of my life. I enjoy music, i love talking, life without sound is just something i can't fathom. There is so much to being able to hear.
#78 to #28 - anon id: eefb3171
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Who the **** hopes to have a child with a disability? That's ****** up. What the hell is wrong with you? Is society now so far gone that people hope they have defective children?

You have a moral obligation to the world to remove yourself from the gene pool. I'm going to have to ask you to commit suicide. It is for the greater good.
User avatar #118 to #28 - anonefgthree
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Why don't you ******* stab your ear drums with a screwdriver you retard? Or you could just kill yourself, both work.
#181 to #28 - narcomancer
Reply -3 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
this is why women are stupid and i don't respect them.
User avatar #114 to #28 - perdition
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Coming from someone who wears hearing aids, you sir are ****.
#46 to #28 - Lintutu
Reply -25 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
though i have been labeled a faggot/retard, and thumbed down to high hell, i stand by what i said
User avatar #98 to #46 - mattdoggy
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I think the problem with your post and everyone's response is the gap between the deaf community and the hearing. You know as many others do that the deaf community strongly dislikes those who have the ability to hear and getting into all signing functions can be pretty hard if you can hear. The thing to remember is even though the implant might be a very complicated and expensive thing it will do them worlds better to have it. I've been friends and dated people with the implants and they say that life is definitely better with one. Even though the sounds might be robotic or gargled at times it's still hearing. Leaning proper signing helps along with an implant, but that little bit of hearing can mean worlds to the hearing impaired. By hoping to have a deaf child i hope you mean adopting a deaf kid or something. That's a little odd wanting to have an impaired kid just to join their culture. I understand your position though and your thought process and respect your choices, i just don't whole heatedly agree with them.
#157 to #98 - sytheris
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
My problem is wanting a child with a physical disability so he can vicariously be part of a community he desperately wants to associate with that he didn't end up a part of naturally. it's like forcing your child to be a dancer because you didn't or can't (anymore), and we've all seen what wonderful parents dance moms can be.
#159 to #46 - anon id: 9897d203
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
After so many dissenting opinions have arisen? After so many people have called into question your motives and phrasing?
Please admit it: not being able to hear the world around you IS limiting.
Its not the WORST thing in the world, but we are born with 5 senses and use each to get through life and being able to hear allows you to communicate easily with the MAJORITY of people.
Every little bit helps
Thats why the sight impaired get glasses; the speech impaired get speech therapy; and the hearing impaired get hearing aids.
You should NEVER wish for a child to be born deaf.
If you desire a deaf child: adopt.
If you want to be part of deaf culture: make friends with a deaf person.
If they frown on you for what you're doing: **** em and move on.
and, last thing, don't come on FJ spouting some half-founded opinion that your ASL teacher flippantly threw out at some point. Do your research and learn from your peers. Otherwise, you will be called a faggot and thumbed into oblivion.
User avatar #109 to #28 - Silver Quantum
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
i hope you have no child at all. jesus christ how ******* deranged must someone be to wish to have a child with a disability. if you're a troll however, 10/10 good sir
#32 to #28 - mapleknight
Reply +342 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
"i actually am hoping to have a deaf child"
"i actually am hoping to have a deaf child"
#18 - bababuey
Reply +218 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
Babys smile looks so much like Harrison Fords
#205 to #18 - attensefx
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Here take this.
Here take this.
#27 to #18 - jimtheneckbeard
Reply +11 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
This little bro is the future Indiana jones
User avatar #102 to #27 - ottoboys
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
instead of a hat he grabs his earpiece
#6 - wreckit
Reply +197 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
God I love technology and the science that makes stuff like this possible!
User avatar #101 to #6 - infinitereaper
Reply -9 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
it's also destroying the planet, poisoning everyone and making people sick and born with more defects.

Inevitably we will all become cyborgs.
User avatar #103 to #101 - letsmakeout
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Don't you wanna be a cyborg?
Cyborgs are ******* awesome
#104 to #103 - infinitereaper
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
mostly for the second dick and tentacles
User avatar #212 to #6 - guidedhand
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Yeah, Isnt it a miracle
User avatar #227 to #6 - plasticcup
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
lol no god does,

HA fooled you

Religion 0

Science Infinity.
User avatar #8 to #6 - captainprincess
Reply +10 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
"What nature has neglected, the fruit of modern science shall provide"
#7 to #6 - stifflimb
Reply +24 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
User avatar #24 to #7 - iceguy
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
where the **** was that picture taken? carl sagans funeral?
User avatar #26 to #24 - stifflimb
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
I really dont know, stole if from someones comment!
User avatar #1 - tridentrooster
Reply +75 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
I've always wondered what It would be like to experience a new sense.
#19 to #1 - nicktheslayer
Reply -3 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
do your homework
#54 to #19 - nicktheslayer
Reply -3 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
dunno who wanted to thumb me down. was tryna give him a sense of accomplishment
#5 to #1 - anon id: d767607b
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
Probably freaky as ****, you'd be completely overstimulated instantly.
User avatar #43 to #1 - scorcho
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
there was a guy who was blind from and got eye surgery to be able to see. i think he either killed himself or had the surgery undone (can't remember) because he just couldn't take it
User avatar #175 to #1 - Fgner
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
These two articles don't really convey the emotion about it, but it tells you what it feels like in the factual sense.

www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/people-cured-blindness-see?utm_source=tny&utm_campaign=generalsocial&utm_medium=facebook&mbid=social_facebook

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recovery_from_blindness#Examples_and_case_studies

Basically, it's funky depending on the person and age of blindness/recovery. It can be overwhelming to some, absolutely disorrienting to others, and normal to yet someone else. Some people get full visual abilities, some can't do optical illusions or depth perception, etc.
User avatar #243 to #1 - exotic
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
when i finally got glasses i couldn't stop smiling
strolling through the mall looking like a retard
loved every second of it.,
now i'm addicted to the glasses
User avatar #15 to #1 - fnoogernooger
Reply +17 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
It's awesome. Everything becomes so much... better. When I was a baby, I was deaf because I had fluid behind my ear drums, but I learned to read lips, so no one knew until I was a year old when my great uncle got me a tape of train sounds (I loved trains) and I didn't react to it until it was cranked to almost +60 dB of the original volume to compare that to some equivalent noises, typical audio listening level is ~60 dB roughly the same as the sound a dish washer makes. Audio levels are measured logarithmically, so going to 120 dB is the equivalent to going to a rock concert next to the speakers in the pit. . I had surgery to drain the water from my ears, and it might be a constructed memory, but I remember waking up and hearing my mom's voice and feeling just instantly amazing.
User avatar #17 to #15 - tridentrooster
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
Thanks for sharing, cool story bro. Must be a completely alien sensation, strange yet comforting, not knowing what hearing was until you experienced it. I've wondered what does a completely blind person 'see', what is nothing?
#16 - sumerfag
Reply +50 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
I just saw the most depressing post i've ever seen, I really needed to see a happy post like this post. Thanks OP
I just saw the most depressing post i've ever seen, I really needed to see a happy post like this post. Thanks OP
User avatar #56 to #16 - thefogwoggler
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
what was so depressing? i'm honestly curious now.
User avatar #167 to #56 - sumerfag
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
the saddest deaths from almost every tv show in one compilation
User avatar #168 to #167 - thefogwoggler
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
please link me this, i want to know if any of my top ones are on the list.
User avatar #169 to #168 - sumerfag
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
#172 to #169 - thefogwoggler
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
oh man do i regret asking for source now.  do you know the one below iroh and above up? it's the only one i don't recognise
oh man do i regret asking for source now. do you know the one below iroh and above up? it's the only one i don't recognise
User avatar #258 to #172 - sumerfag
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
i believe that's old yeller
User avatar #259 to #258 - thefogwoggler
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
cheers
#96 - swolebro
Reply -23 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
What an ugly baby
What an ugly baby
#112 to #96 - cactusupthebutt
Reply +30 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
Better looking than you
#20 - fornowjr
Reply +29 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
Cute.
Cute.
#4 - fandomsexual
Reply +18 123456789123345869
(09/01/2014) [-]
Comment Picture
#82 - butterduck
Reply +17 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
D00d
**** made me feel.
User avatar #148 to #82 - ieatbengay
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
why? this is a good thing
User avatar #260 to #148 - butterduck
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(09/02/2014) [-]
It's that sad feel that feels kinda happy aswell.