Battle of Wits. . Yup, sure is 1' uug' n when I can barely taek my hands around rut, huge dead wag. did you venice yhe size of mg treeko Hag, do any ladies mam  Battle of Wits Yup sure is 1' uug' n when I can barely taek my hands around rut huge dead wag did you venice yhe size mg treeko Hag do any ladies mam
Upload
Login or register
Hide Comments
Leave a comment Refresh Comments (155)
[ 155 comments ]
> hey anon, wanna give your opinion?
asd
User avatar #119 - doktorschnabel [OP]
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
stickied by doktorschnabel
If nothing else, I introduced some magic playing funnyjunkers to each other today.
#38 - lolollo
Reply +22 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
> Get introduced to magic
> See slivers
> instantboner.jpg
> Do research
> Make lists
> Check twice
> Acquire cards
> Fix mana ratios/curves
> Roommate giving me **** over giving too many ***** about slivers
> Weeks pass
> Finally think to use the deck in local gameshop tournament
> Make sure cards are all kosher
> Play in tournament
> Roommate gets 5th place
> "Woo, I placed!"
> MFW guy calls my name for second place
#101 to #38 - kez
Reply -2 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
You should find yourself a better hobby
User avatar #122 to #101 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
I think you ought to do the same, given how silly the "My completely subjective opinion on what form of entertainment is more fullfilling, and legitimate is better than than your subjective opinion on which form of entertainment is more fullfilling, and legitimate." argument is.
#123 to #122 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Just get a hobby that doesnt make people look down on you
User avatar #124 to #123 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
People don't look down on me, YOU look down on me, which is something I really don't give a damn about because I look down on you for being an asshole. It all evens out.
#125 to #124 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Nah, the average person looks down on you.
User avatar #126 to #125 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
> average
> My comment got +22 thumbs
> Yours has -2

You're using the correct definition of average, right?
#127 to #126 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
Most people who dont give a **** about your comment will ignore it and wont thumb it up or down. I didnt thumb you down.

People who care will thumb it.

People who get butthurt will thumb me down.

You understand now buddy?

Plus tbh I find it funny you think the average funny junker is a normal person.

There are some cool people on this site. And some normal people and some interesting people etc who just want to look at some pictures for 15 mins.

But most of them are here because they lack social skills and so this is their "socialising". Not normal people.
User avatar #128 to #127 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
As much as I don't like the thumbing system myself, it does still serve its purpose of giving a general idea of what people think about comments, and right now, they seem to like what I had to say over what you had to say. You can't just dismiss that by saying "Well they're all not the normal people I'm talking about." Who are the normal people you're talking about? You? Your small clique of friends? The people who you only ever associate with, making them the majority of people you ever only know about because you never see the others?

Where are you getting your math that average people dislike magic? That's the point I'm getting at, normal, average people don't not like magic, YOU don't like magic, and simply saying "No, I was right the first time" isn't going to magically make you right.

It makes you an ignorant twat.

So you can believe what you want to believe about peoples hobbies, but the fact will forever be that you're an ignorant twat. Not because you dislike magic, but because you're walking around with this absurd belief that just because you think something, that everyone else must be thinking it to, and just dismissing people who don't think it to as being "abnormal."
#129 to #128 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
If you went upto an average person and started talking about magic cards they would think you are a loser.

All i'm saying.
User avatar #130 to #129 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
False, most average people I go up and talk to also play magic.

Prove me wrong.
#132 to #130 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
I'm bored of the conversation mate. And there is no need to lie.

Take it easy. All the best.
User avatar #133 to #132 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
"You're lying."

Nice counterargument. Is that how you impress all of your Guido friends?
#134 to #133 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
Go back to playing Magic cards and being dissapointed in your lifes contribution.

You're not worth talking to. You're just lying and getting upset because you know i'm right.
#135 to #134 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
I thought you were bored with the conversation. What? Did I Strike a cord? You gonna cry?
#136 to #135 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
Think you've proved my point about the kind of person you are and the kind of person who plays magic, Dan. Hahaha
User avatar #137 to #136 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
I already know what sort of person I am, why would I need to prove that to you?
#138 to #137 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
You dont need to.

You already have haha.

Go back to WOW.
#139 to #138 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
WOW? That's your go-to nerd referenced insult? You really are as butthurt, and ignorant as I thought you were.
#151 to #139 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
Like most days i bet.

But nah, just go away.

Have a nice life and all the best.
#152 to #151 - lolollo
0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
#149 to #139 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
Hahahaha, why are you still replying haha

I didnt realise you lacked this much confidence and got this upset lol, I appologise in that case then. Thought you could handle minor criticism, but guess not.
#150 to #149 - lolollo
0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
I could be saying the same thing to you.

But if you really want to play the "Lol, you're still replying, your argument is invalid" game, I don't have anything to do today...
#142 to #139 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
Just saw your other comments.

WOW is definitely above you omfg, hahaha. I take it back.

Anyways, its been fun. Nothing like a good laugh and a thank **** thats not me pick me up before you go to bed.

Good luck in your next card tournament haha. You guys look like you lead exciting and fullfilling lives hahahahahahahahahaha

www.google.co.uk/search?q=people+who+play+magic+the+gathering&client=firefox-a&hs=Jek&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=q0XbUoDVB8ORhQfs0IBI&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=950#channel=fflb&q=magic+the+gathering+tournament&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&tbm=isch
#143 to #142 - lolollo
0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
"Jaw saw your other comments."

So you've been commenting without having seen any of my responses? That explains a lot. Is it that you have a tough time reading, or paying attention? Either would explain pretty much everything I figured about your personality. Good luck with that.

Cheers.
#140 to #139 - kez
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
Hahaha

I'll take that as a yes, you play WOW.
#141 to #140 - lolollo
0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
WOW is beneath me, but you can assume I play it if it validates your existence. I really don't care. I've already been amused enough by all of your butthurt.
#39 to #38 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #51 to #39 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Essentially, if you want to circumvent a sliver deck, use control. Keep counters, and creature destruction in your side board, and then keep those in your side board. Then the other half is knowing what makes a sliver deck tick.

It's not even that complicated either. Kill the manaweft sliver early, and remove first strike. Always cancel thorncaster, and if they manage to get a megantic sliver out and you don't have any big dudes of your own to grapple with it by the time this happens, you ****** up...because that ****** is 6 mana.
User avatar #50 to #39 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
It makes no sense to be like that though. Sliver decks are simply an exponential aggro deck, and they have weaknesses. Yes, if I have 4 slivers of different types out, chances are there's a bunch of fancy damage coming at you, but 90% of what makes it special is this one sliver that you can just wipe off the board with a destruction card.

For example:
1 Striking Sliver
1 Sentinel Sliver
1 Predatory Sliver
1 Manaweft Sliver

That's only a 2/2, 3/3, 2/2, and another 2/2. The most special thing about it is the first strike from striking sliver. You get rid of that, then you just have 2 2/2s and a 3/3 with normal combat damage. The other sliver that would create ridiculous combat conditions, the cheapest one is 4. Besides, think of the mana.

You need three types of mana, which already means that you're either going to be strapped for getting the right lands in your first draw, or you can put dual lands in that come in tapped, or shock yourself to avoid that. The cheapest one is striking sliver which is just a red drop, which counts on you getting a mountain if you want it out turn one. Let's say things are ideal.

Turn 1: Mountain + Striking sliver
Turn 2: Forest + Predatory sliver (1 damage to opponent)
Turn 3: Plains + Sentinel sliver (4 damage to opponent)
Turn 4: Any land you want + Manaweft sliver (7 damage to opponent)

That's 12 damage on turn 4. You know how most aggro decks work?

Turn 1: Swamp + Cackler w/ unleash
Turn 2: Mountain + Spike Jester (5 damage to opponent)
Turn 3: Any land + a second Spike Jester (8 damage to opponent)
Turn 4: Any land + Cackler w/ unleash (only 7 damage needed to kill opponent at this point.)

Sliver decks are only really super effective against midrange decks, because they allow you a couple turns to summon your variety of slivers that will all look threatening to whatever big guy your opponent wants to throw at you. Oh, your Polukranos is 5/5? My 5/3 has first strike...
#154 to #50 - exponential
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/24/2014) [-]
**** off
#155 to #154 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/24/2014) [-]
> Replying to a conversation from a week ago
> "**** off"
#54 to #50 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#57 to #54 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Wait...sealed draft? If you're able to make a coherent sliver deck from just 4-6 booster packs, making your total sliver count around between maybe 7 and 9, if you're lucky...holy damn. Think about it. Megantic, Thorncaster, and Bonesythe slivers are rare. Chances are you would only see one, total. Manaweft, and Battle Slivers are uncommon, so getting just one of each, maybe three total would be a blessing. That leaves you with a bunch of predatory, sentinel, and striking slivers to base a deck off of. Now those three are potent in their own right, but chances are you'll only get 2 predatory slivers, which would be the only one of the three that would actually beef up itself, and the others. First strike is awesome, but on a 1/1, it's kinda ridiculous, especially in drafts where it seems more powerful, expensive creatures are possible for use.

Plus, I had to load my lands with a bunch of dual lands just to get a better shot at having the right sort of land, consistently. You wouldn't be able to do that in a draft. You're working on straight basic lands, and sheer dumb luck that you'll get a mountain, Forest, and a Plains each game. Sure, you can load your spells up with mana grab, but then you run the risk of accidentally flooding yourself. "Well I have no slivers, but I got plenty of 'go get land' cards." I know that because that's how it happened. The guy who managed to construct a sliver deck in a draft, was either lucky as ****, or a freaking genius. Or it was just that literally everyone else was an idiot with their own deck.

I mean, I'm seriously impressed by that, I wasn't kidding about having to do research, and some serious hypotheticalizing to get to something that worked. Most of it was my lands, and the non-sliver spells cards I wanted.
#60 to #57 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #63 to #60 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Wait...how old was this? The only sliver I can think of that does that would either be the predatory sliver, which only gives +1/1, or the battle sliver, which gives +2/0.

Other than that, well yeah he was gonna ruffle some feathers...black control decks will do that regardless of the presence of slivers.
#64 to #63 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #65 to #64 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Oh yeah, I wouldn't doubt it, but I still stand by the idea that the black destruction mechanic alone would be enough to send a bunch of people who are the type to prefer sealed draft events into a rage.
#68 to #65 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #69 to #68 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
It's not for another 6 months, and I'm assuming that as it gets closer, people will be harping on it.
#71 to #69 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#49 to #38 - anon id: 8eec4a87
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
you are the reason i always carry extinction in a sidedeck for my white/black deck

ALWAYS
User avatar #62 to #49 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Actually, not even. Just wait until I attack with everybody, thinking you won't block because I have first strike. Then you set up blockers, and right before combat use cyclonic rift on the one who's giving everybody first strike. Some of your dudes die, and you take damage, but then all of a sudden, the guy gives everyone vigilance, and lets me tap my own creatures for mana are dead, which really ***** me over in the long run.
User avatar #53 to #49 - lolollo
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
An overloaded Cyclonian rift is both legal, and just as effective. Most of the time, I'm only working on 4-5 lands, meaning you overload it on my turn, do whatever it is you were going to do during your own turn after your mana untaps again, and then when my turn pops up, I can either summon 1 of the game changing slivers I had out, or two of the mediocre ones. It completely kills my momentum.
#40 - stealthnull
Reply +14 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
FINALLY! something relevant to my interests.
#41 to #40 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #42 to #41 - stealthnull
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Sadly...no i missed it. but i am gearing up for the Born of the Gods pre-release. Feb 1 and 2nd woo!
#43 to #42 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #44 to #43 - stealthnull
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
I have at least 2 places i can go...but the one here in town sucks and the one further away is like the best card shop ever.
#45 to #44 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #46 to #45 - stealthnull
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
bah! i know **** about previous sets and can barely remember anything outside of what my damn cards do! People that can't understand that others may be new or just don't care enough to memorize everything and just wanna have fun are arseholes.
#47 to #46 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #52 to #47 - stealthnull
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Sorry...that got a bit personal.....
User avatar #48 to #47 - stealthnull
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
yeah i don't much like playing shop owners...because most of the time they are pretentious elitist dickheads who play favorite in their shops with players and if you are new there, everything you say or do is wrong even though you have a **** ton of proof of it being right but oooh no you are now banned for life because the owner had a stick up his butt from being proved wrong in front of like 20 people who are loyal customers....*******.
#55 to #48 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #56 to #55 - stealthnull
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
i need that card for my blue/white deck. dizam
#58 to #56 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #59 to #58 - stealthnull
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
that is without a doubt a damn go..terrible card you should just give it to me.
#61 to #59 - breymac **User deleted account**
+1 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#66 to #59 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #67 to #66 - stealthnull
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
I'm okay with that tap. because 10/10 can become a bigger and scarier creature very quickly with how i run things
#70 to #67 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #72 to #70 - stealthnull
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
holy ****...that just says tap target creatures. hello enemy creatures welcome to tapsville population you!
#73 to #72 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #74 to #73 - stealthnull
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
beautiful. just beautiful.
#75 to #74 - breymac **User deleted account**
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#96 to #40 - steelplatypus
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Magic is love, magic is life. What formats do you play?
User avatar #104 to #96 - ctenop
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Legacy is best
User avatar #106 to #104 - steelplatypus
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
I've never really had the chance to play Legacy, I've got a couple friends who do and they love it, but goddamn is it an expensive format to get into (proxies aside ofc)
User avatar #107 to #106 - ctenop
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Yeah, true, if you buy that lands and stuff they are always worth a fair bit. Mud costs around £450, you can make legacy Burn (a decent deck) for kinda cheap. minus the wastelands you can make pox for £150. We use proxies and cockatrice to test new decks. Our shop owner sponsors us (Including Fabrizio Anteri, came second at antwerp ) He leant my friend a load of cards to go prague last week, and me a load of stuff for a ptq . It's a tiny shop, last night he saw a few cards face down on the floor behind the counter....only 4 goyfs. TFW three weeks rent was on the floor...
User avatar #109 to #107 - steelplatypus
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Oh man, that's sick - if anything I think I'll give Modern a shot, it's pretty popular where I'm at and I have way more stuff for it already, but I think EDH will always be my favorite... kind of a shame there isn't much of a chance to play it competitively, but maybe it being so casual is what keeps it so much fun =D
#95 - steelplatypus
Reply +12 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Magic The Gathering is mentioned, swell with pride and empty wallet for more cards
#4 - bloodrider
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
i love edh/commander
#33 to #4 - kennygomezfive
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#94 to #4 - steelplatypus
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Me and most of my friends basically only play Commander, best format hands down. What generals do you run?
User avatar #146 to #94 - bloodrider
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
either progenitus, teysa envoy of ghosts, or bladewing the risen
User avatar #113 to #4 - pokemonarereal
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
I'm assuming you run progenitus as a commander so what is it based around? I run a mono green omnath deck that just ramps hard and its so much fun EDH is probably the best format
User avatar #147 to #113 - bloodrider
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
late game includes stuff like primal surge because its one of only 3 sorceries in the deck (no instants) door to nothingness or akroma's memorial
User avatar #145 to #113 - bloodrider
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
i do i run him in a deck based mainly around the return to ravnica cards and a number of artifacts for mana ramp
its suicidal at times, unstoppable at others, all depends on whether or not people focus me
User avatar #148 to #145 - pokemonarereal
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
Thats why i love my deck cause i do absolutely nothing but ramp from turns 1-5 so no one focuses me, but if i pull the right cards ive had 60 mana turn 7 and then i just start dropping my hand akroma's memorial is ******* great, I'd highly recommend running genesis wave, because if you can ramp hard enough and that puts akroma's memorial on the field along with a few monster its an instant kill
User avatar #7 to #4 - redrex
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
EDH is so fun
User avatar #19 to #4 - biograde
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
I have too many EDH decks...
User avatar #31 to #4 - Sorkiri
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
I've got a few edh decks, jhoira Is my favourite I think, but never gets to do anything as no one likes to deal with it,norins just an ass, but my teysa deck is quite useful
#100 to #4 - flufzor
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
awww yis ,EDH
User avatar #78 - ktbmnf
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
can someone enlighten me as to what this is referencing? seen a few comments about a card game, and im guessing Magic.
User avatar #103 to #78 - wilburn
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
if your honestly interested in playing, google any local card shops around you, all shops that are put into a map program hosted by "wizards of the coast" will shop you, if im right all you need is your zip code
#79 to #78 - Faindragon
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
The game is indeed Magic the Gathering.

"Battle of Wits" is a card in Magic, a so called Enchantment, which grant you the victory if you at the beggining of your turn (or, well, one of the first steps) have more than two-hundred cards in your "library" (the deck that you still can draw cards from).



"The wizard who reads a thousand books is powerful. The wizard who memorizes a thousand books is insane."
User avatar #80 to #79 - ktbmnf
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
oh cool! ive always wanted to get into Magic, because in all honesty, the art on the cards look pretty amazing.. dont hate me for asking, but is it similar in terms of deck's (or as you said, libraries) as in yu gi oh? like different card types, a "playing field" so to speak?
#82 to #80 - jestersjake
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
yeah it's similar in terms of a "play field" but some of the rules are very different. You need resources ("mana") to play nearly all of your cards and you can't attack creatures directly only the player, who chooses if he wants to defend your attack with one of his creatures or not. Also the cards comparable to trap cards are kept in hand and can be played at any time. ("instants").

There are like a million rules by now but if you have someone who is into magic and is able to create an easy deck for you, you won't have any problems getting into it and learning some rules time by time.

If you like cardgames i would recommend Hearthstone. It's free (kinda) and it's ******* fun.
User avatar #85 to #82 - ktbmnf
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
ok that makes sense, yeah i got the hearthstone beta key from blizz a bit back, and i loved it. i really want to get into Magic. ill have to look around on the net for some tutorials and stuff because none of my friends (as few as i have) dont play Magic. but there is a store nearby where i saw they sold all these different pack things. it was a tabletop card game store so asking them for advice would be beneficial too.
#87 to #85 - jestersjake
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Yeah you should definitely ask if there is a community first. Buying cards and having noone to play with is boring. But if there are other players in your area you could make some new friends.
User avatar #89 to #87 - ktbmnf
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
that sounds like an excellent idea. will definitely check it out, thanks a tonne man
#81 to #80 - Faindragon
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
I'm not a big fan of Yu-Gi-Oh myself but to cut it down in very easy terms:

Yiu've your library, hand and graveyard. You've the battlefield, the "stack" (where spells go before they enter the battlefield) and exile zone. There are a few different card types; the normal ones being "Creature", "Enchantment", "Sorcery", "Instant".
User avatar #83 to #81 - ktbmnf
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
so in a sense after playing yu gi oh as a child, adapting to Magic would be easier, whereas starting with Magic as your first card game. there is a game shop near the shopping centre where they sell all things tabletop and card game. definitely going to check it out
#84 to #83 - Faindragon
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
A tip is to check for a "starter deck". Ask after a local "club" or the like where they can teach you, and don't get mad for losing ;) The first few times are the hardest, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it quickly.



Oh, and always remember: GOBLINS!
User avatar #86 to #84 - ktbmnf
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
yeah i think a starter deck would be best, hahahaha. no losing the first few rounds or games of anything is to be expected, with almost any kind of two player+ game.

will do. thank you so much for all the advice!
#90 to #86 - Faindragon
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
You're very welcome. Have one of my favourite quotes, from multiple cards:

Four little goblins, trapped by the sea. One teased a serpent, and then there were three.

Three little goblins, enjoying their brew. One bumped an ogre, and then there were two.

Two little goblins, out in the sun. Down came a griffin, and then there was one.

One little goblin shook up the ground. When the dust cleared, no one was found.
User avatar #91 to #90 - ktbmnf
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
that sounds almost sad...

goblins huh?

is there a lore based background behind Magic? like i dunno.... you say goblins, are they a once strong race that overwhelmed their enemies or something, and then recieved a crushing defeat at the hands of... another race in the Magic world? i dont know dont hurt me
#92 to #91 - Faindragon
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Yeah, there's a kinda huge lore with different planes and stuff. That, however, is something you'll have to check other sources for. I'm not good with those kind of things.
User avatar #93 to #92 - ktbmnf
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
oh awesome. if anything, i love the lore of anything, whether its game, universe or just anything in general, as long as the Lore is good, i might enjoy the games themselves.

for example, i literally only played wow so i could be a part of the lore. just recently i purchased the first four books in chronological order, and an extra that reveals what really happened in years past.
User avatar #108 to #91 - ZalgotheImminent
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
Goblins are mostly pests in every Plane they're found in the Magicverse except Ravnica, where some might actually stand for something other than wanton murder/looting/eating/dying.

All you need to know about Goblins is they're dumb, they're numerous, and they usually kill themselves more than they kill their enemies. However, they generally have low power, which means they're easily underestimated.
#153 to #108 - Faindragon
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/20/2014) [-]
They usually kill themselves more than they kill their enemies?

Tell that to my fifteen 20-2 hasted goblins with haste and mountainwalk turn 4!

But, besides that.... lightmine field says it best:
"If you want to kill a lot of goblins, just make sure your defenses look like fun."
User avatar #111 to #108 - ktbmnf
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
so they are your typical goblin creature. i love it. thanks for enlightening me
User avatar #112 to #111 - ZalgotheImminent
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
No problem, man.
User avatar #36 - fisheh
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
my friend made a viable 60 card battle of wits deck. it is not standard but it works and it is terrifying
#115 to #36 - anepicnub
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
**anepicnub rolled a random image posted in comment #25 at Being Phanact **

But how?
User avatar #144 to #115 - fisheh
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/19/2014) [-]
aquires infinate mana, casts a card that allows him to copy effects, does that to cast a card to draw his whole deck, pops wits, pops a card that allows the addition of outside cards
User avatar #102 - wilburn
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(01/18/2014) [-]
commander: johnny combo player, deck 274 islands, 1 battle of wits

(totally ignoring the rules of course)
#98 - nyuORlucy
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
#1 - xxxxxmemesxxxxx
0 123456789123345869
Comment deleted by doktorschnabel [-]