American Healthcare. . did you know? A man in New Jersey went to the emergency room for an open taut an his finger and was charged almost , 000 for a tetanus sh
Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

American Healthcare

Tags: dyk | us | WTF
did you know?
A man in New Jersey went to the
emergency room for an open taut an his
finger and was charged almost , 000
for a tetanus shot and s bandage.
...
+1315
Views: 43666
Favorited: 45
Submitted: 08/15/2014
Share On Facebook
Add to favorites Subscribe to greendroid E-mail to friend submit to reddit
Share image on facebook Share on StumbleUpon Share on Tumblr Share on Pinterest Share on Google Plus E-mail to friend

Comments(431):

[ 431 comments ]

Show All Replies Show Shortcuts
Show:   Top Rated Controversial Best Lowest Rated Newest Per page:
Order:
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #1 - loosejuice (08/15/2014) [+] (10 replies)
Damn, just think, he could have gotten a large popcorn and soda at the movie theater for that much
#15 - newbfag (08/15/2014) [+] (2 replies)
hfw he stubs his toe on the way out
#2 - acivcrusader (08/15/2014) [+] (15 replies)
Almost 9000!?... i can't make a joke with an almost, damn...
#19 - alimais ONLINE (08/15/2014) [+] (86 replies)
>tfw I never paid for hospitals & doctors in my life

It's almost like the US doesn't like poor people to live longer than 30-60y
#5 - 4chan refugee (08/15/2014) [+] (6 replies)
If he's not smart enough to clean, wash, and dress a mere "cut on his finger" without going to an emergency room then he's probably lost a lot of money in his life due to sheer ignorance. On the other hand, while the costs of health care in the US can be ridiculously high, if this story is true then it's likely the man needed the tetanus shot because he never cared to get the vaccine like a responsible person, the nature of the incident was either severe or indicated a strong risk of tetanus infection, and the dressing was more than a simple bandage, i.e. stitches - which is not worth nine thousand clams

but TLR - things are never this simple
User avatar #202 - Churd (08/15/2014) [+] (4 replies)
This must of happened during the Bush years. Because everything is much much better now.
User avatar #222 to #202 - makotoitou (08/15/2014) [-]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
#271 - spanishninja ONLINE (08/15/2014) [+] (1 reply)
TFW living in a 3rd world country that doesnt even have healtcare
User avatar #283 to #271 - varrlegrimscythe (08/15/2014) [-]
So New Jersey.
#4 - rockergamer ONLINE (08/15/2014) [-]
I'm assuming he let them ren a bunch of expensive tests even though he really only needed the bandage.   
   
Probably didn't have insurance either.
I'm assuming he let them ren a bunch of expensive tests even though he really only needed the bandage.

Probably didn't have insurance either.
#173 - dazartimm ONLINE (08/15/2014) [+] (2 replies)
That's a finger splint in the pic, not buying this story
User avatar #84 - smaaen ONLINE (08/15/2014) [+] (24 replies)
Doubt.jpg

I admit that my knowledge regarding American health system is lacking, but I do not believe that this is real - despite that it's quite outlandishly expensive to get treatment (certain treatment at least) there.

Anyone got source on this? Or able to back me up.
User avatar #130 to #115 - malinko (08/15/2014) [-]
You're wrong.

The ER has 2 sections. Exam and Trauma. Trauma is what you are thinking about with super bad injuries that are life and death and require doctors and medical professionals to to everything they can to save lives.

Exam, is where you go when you injure yourself and your doctor office is passed hours, or its on a weekend. this is normally charged by RN's, NA's and CNA's to handle the booboo's of the general public.

If you call up for ANYTHING to the ER, even a ******* paper cut. they will tell you to come in so they can look at it. It is a horrible idea to wait for something to get life threatening until you seek medical attention for it. Waiting to get tetanus before you go to the emergency room or any other kind of medical attention is just plain dumb and horrible advice to give someone.

fact of the matter is, if you do not have any formal medical training, you SHOULD NOT try to judge the severity of your own injuries. Because you are just not qualified.

<---- Was a Phlebotomist that worked in the ER.
#290 - trogdorrules (08/15/2014) [+] (1 reply)
Almost...
Almost...
#353 - norkas (08/16/2014) [-]
Live in Australia, swell with medicare
#57 - include (08/15/2014) [-]
It's almost nine thousand.
It's almost nine thousand.
#126 - newall ONLINE (08/15/2014) [+] (1 reply)
Don't go to the ER/A&E with a cut on your finger then, you ******* moron.
User avatar #140 to #126 - Deeticky (08/15/2014) [-]
I imagine he probably cut it on something rusty, and was legitimately worried about Tetanus.
#191 - chism ONLINE (08/15/2014) [+] (2 replies)
&gt;be me this summer   
&gt;take vacation to toronto with gf   
&gt;first night gf jumps on me and lands right on my balls   
&gt; they hurt all night, cant get any sleep.   
&gt; end up going to emergency room because they haven't stopped hurting for 7 hours   
&gt; be amerifag so no health card   
&gt; be canadifag hospital so dont take insurence.   
&gt; have to pay out of pocket   
&gt; doctor takes a look and say its ok just &quot;bruised&quot; it a bit   
&gt;go to pay bill   
&gt;$560   
&gt;have to pay $560 just to have a guy touch my balls   
&gt; mfw the candian healthcare system is a pimp and her doctors it's whores.
>be me this summer
>take vacation to toronto with gf
>first night gf jumps on me and lands right on my balls
> they hurt all night, cant get any sleep.
> end up going to emergency room because they haven't stopped hurting for 7 hours
> be amerifag so no health card
> be canadifag hospital so dont take insurence.
> have to pay out of pocket
> doctor takes a look and say its ok just "bruised" it a bit
>go to pay bill
>$560
>have to pay $560 just to have a guy touch my balls
> mfw the candian healthcare system is a pimp and her doctors it's whores.
#145 - suborbital (08/15/2014) [+] (2 replies)
I'm Sorry
User avatar #336 - Sperit (08/16/2014) [+] (4 replies)
I went to the doctor with a hurt hand and she said it was a sprain
A year later they realized the bone died because it was broken for so long
User avatar #208 - BowChickaBowWow (08/15/2014) [-]
That's why you don't go to the emergency room for a simple cut.
User avatar #12 - kikkilinu (08/15/2014) [+] (16 replies)
Or, you know. Free anywhere else.
[ 431 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)