Ambulance. .. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. You even pay for THAT? Ambulance Wait wait You even pay for THAT?
Upload
Login or register
Hide Comments
Leave a comment Refresh Comments (351)
[ 351 comments ]
> hey anon, wanna give your opinion?
asd
User avatar #2 - buttkickerboy
Reply +20 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
Well..?
how much?
User avatar #15 to #2 - saxong
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
My roommate drank too much one night and we were freaked out and called an ambulance for him, $800. With insurance.
User avatar #27 to #2 - kungfulouie
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
Well, most people get insurance with their job. I mean I could have a heart attack, call an ambulance, go to the emergency room, get a new heart, and get back home, all for my $50 deductible. America is bad if you don't have a job's insurance though. Then, if you don't get assistance (which a lot of people do), those medical bills can be well over $100,000 and ruin your life. That''s if you can get in. It's complicated here.
#72 to #2 - kaflip
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
500-1000 dollars depending on where you live etc.
User avatar #75 to #2 - wfddfw
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
In Connecticut and without insurance it can run anywhere between $500 and $1200+
User avatar #104 to #2 - cookiel
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Depends where. It was $1100 in the city of Chicago before insurance but in the suburbs it can be around $300 I think
#123 to #2 - icemarina
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
$85 in NZD.
Or, get a membership and it's $45 for 10 trips max/year
User avatar #143 to #123 - liftplus
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
in the wellington region it's free cause of st johns
User avatar #155 to #2 - thedarkestrogue
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
It really depends. They charge a flat rate plus mileage so long distance rides are brutal.
They an accrue and even go upwards of $3000 if its serious and far away.
User avatar #184 to #2 - blazefox
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
between 300 and 2500 dollars
User avatar #294 to #2 - Falkor
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
i was transported less than 6 miles from one hospital to another by a private medical transporter and the bill was almost $700
User avatar #223 to #2 - oviedoplaya
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Polk County its $300 to show up $600 to ride or get a nebulizer
User avatar #38 to #2 - pizzaweed
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
$2000 dollar bill for the ambulance ride when my father had his heart attack.
User avatar #40 to #38 - pizzaweed
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Called, said **** you, I'm not paying, and hung up.



He still hasn't paid the bill..



It was 2 years ago now
#48 to #40 - Jowi
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
I like you both for your funny father and my favourite two things being your user name!
User avatar #53 to #48 - pizzaweed
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Why thank you!



And I'm sure he'd appreciate you finding him funny
#29 to #2 - deadfishes
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
My brother had a concussion snowboarding. Ambulance for a 6-10 minute ride was 2k USD. Yay for freedom.
#3 to #2 - almightybenjamin [OP]
Reply +452 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
I don't know, but its more expensive than free
#12 to #3 - chris chris
Reply +88 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
its $50 in Canada, ambulance isnt covered in healthcare
#19 to #12 - killerjhtwo
Reply +103 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
That must be rough, dear boy.
User avatar #157 to #19 - logicstrike
Reply -21 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
ambulances cost money here in Britain to, but it's barely anything and easy to get out of
#202 to #157 - elastoplast
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
No
User avatar #205 to #202 - logicstrike
Reply -14 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
yes
User avatar #306 to #205 - buttlord
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
dude......im training to be a paramedic and i have worked along side them for my college course to get a taste of what its like. there is no charge what-so-ever.
User avatar #275 to #205 - fukkendragonite
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
No. I think some paramedics are conning you mate. I've lived in this country near 19 years and seen many people fall ill and need to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance. Not a single time was there a charge attached
User avatar #14 to #12 - nudybooty
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
$200 in alberta. Still beats the states price
User avatar #102 to #14 - pikpikachu
Reply +11 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
At that rate, I'll take a ******* taxi to the hospital
User avatar #21 to #14 - tomahawkkit
Reply +9 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
in the states it differs by city because the ambulances actually belong to the government. here they cost 200$ too
User avatar #260 to #21 - nudybooty
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
In Canada you get most of that money back on your income tax
#131 to #14 - anon id: 741be34c
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
$80 here in Van BC
User avatar #121 to #12 - capinsquiggles
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
$200 in BC as well from what i hear here
User avatar #175 to #121 - alexthebest
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Cost in BC:
$50 for response
$80 for transport by ground or air

Non-MSP (visitors)
$530 flat fee (ground service)
$2,746 per hour (helicopter)

Heavily subsidized at least makes it affordable in an emergency.
User avatar #127 to #121 - critality
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Really? I wiped out skiing and got an ambulance ride down a mountain and to another town and it cost $80
User avatar #133 to #127 - capinsquiggles
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Yeah, according to my gf her mom had to pay $200 in Vancouver for one. Maybe the price depends on the city and not the province itself.
User avatar #138 to #133 - critality
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Thats ******
User avatar #65 to #12 - cormy
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
400$ to drive me from my local hospital to one an hour away where they have an MRI machine.
User avatar #13 to #12 - chris chris
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
although i found out that if you get into a car accident and need an ambulance your auto insurance pays for it
#150 to #12 - anon id: 7fed62e8
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
I Feel bad for you white man. Everything is free for us.
I Feel bad for you white man. Everything is free for us.
User avatar #44 to #3 - useroftheLOLZ
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
It's not free if you pay for it through taxes.

Not trying to be a MURICAN, but seriously, how do people not realize that with "Free" healthcare isn't free, and that you still end up paying for it through taxes.
#62 to #44 - anon id: 491886d0
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
It's still cheaper per person if the cost is spread out amongst the entire population (but that only works assuming that the top 1% don't abuse loopholes in tax laws to avoid paying their share, which is all too common in the US).
User avatar #70 to #62 - useroftheLOLZ
Reply -2 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
What's cheaper?

1000 people paying 1$
or
1 person paying 1000$

It's the same amount of money that's being spent. But the people who are paying 1$ for their "free insurance" aren't going to see it be used for them, it's going to go towards some fat ****, who couldn't take care of themselves, and thus, needs thousands of dollars in medication.
User avatar #92 to #70 - lolme
Reply +8 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Yeah, it's not like young boys and girls get cancer, someone is born handicapped, someone finds out at the age of 30 that they have MS etc. But even if that happened it would be fine, they would be able to easily put out the thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars needed for the treatment.
#6 to #3 - dorberg
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
Dude ambulances arent free anymore in canada because of abuses, you have to pay a fee when you call the ambulance
User avatar #7 to #6 - almightybenjamin [OP]
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
not in my province
User avatar #8 to #7 - odinshomeboy
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
Hate to say it bud but the rides do cost money now. And the reason is due to people abusing them as a taxi or to get more drugs.

If you have any basic health coverage (Blue Cross) then it's paid for.
#111 to #8 - anon id: 5593dbde
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
I am treaty so almost everything is 100% free for me.

God i love being brown.
User avatar #113 to #111 - odinshomeboy
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
And here we have the prime abusers of Ambulance services.
#129 to #3 - swagbot
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
>"Free"
>You guys pay ~50% of your income in taxes.





I really love you Canadians but srsly please stop telling lies.
#142 to #129 - anon id: b954acd3
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
lives on border
doesn't want to pay sales tax
gets passport
goes to us
buys up all the freedom
???
profits!
User avatar #137 to #129 - aherorising
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
you're saying that like it's a bad thing, but you forget that this includes the rich. I wouldn't mind having my money used to help others, just as I'd be glad it could be used for me
#144 to #137 - swagbot
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
True - if you wanna go down the rabbit hole, there are only a few specific things i object to about taxes:

> 'Tax' means 'Tribute' - it's something you have to give to someone under duress , essentially as protection money. Even changing the mere word used would being to make it clear to people that its THEIR money and should be used consistent with THEIR wishes.

In the U.S. (as you probably know) our tax money is going to fund the destruction of our country, and people are subtly steered into continuing to pay tour illegal taxes by there mere use of that word.

A 'Contribution' is one thing. A 'Tax' is something else.

> I think the "put everything in one big pot and let the bureaucrats sort out where it's supposed to go" method is lazy on the part of the Citizen - it allows citizens to put vital functions of their community (that should be in their attention) out of their attention, which leads to apathy and ignorance.

A more hands-on approach would go a long way to creating more Responsible Citizens and Robust communities (not to mention a healthier populace/environment etc. etc. etc.).

> Rich shouldn't 'pay more in taxes' by Moral Default (i mean REAL 'rich people' i.e. hard workers - Corporatist fat cats have no sympathy from me... pimps and whores...)


There's nothing wrong with Voluntary Contributions for infrastructure...

... but you need to start with "Our Community needs something - how do we get this project done as Peers?" - NOT - "Our Patriarchal Government should take care of everything for us - how do we make sure they don't screw us too badly?"
User avatar #161 to #144 - aherorising
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
sure. but concerning the "rich", I don't think it's bad by taxing them more. If you had 10 million, and somehow you got taxed 50%, you can still very well live a excessively luxerous life with the restulting 5 million. However, if you only earn <20k, those ten thousand extra can easily make the difference between surviving or foreclosure.
#341 to #161 - swagbot
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/28/2014) [-]
Thanks for replying.

Let me respectfully disagree with you here... via an example:

Me, for example - I would love nothing more than to have a business / two / three, where I do EXCELLENT, high-quality work (Computer, Art, and Industrial Engineering) (not one of these ******** Extractive make-work Industries) , with myself and a few employees.

That would be my Dream Life - can't tell you how satisfied that would make me.

If the U.S. economy wasn't turned upside down, I, as the owner and Prime Mover of those companies, could bring in a few million dollars, even with 'small' companies.


Now let me ask you something - I worked for that money - doing good, quality work, charging fair prices, and contributing to the World's Progress.

WHY would it fair for me to have 50% of my wealth extracted from me?

I would have worked that hard (three companies, high-quality) in order to have that ~$10M mini-fortune... why would it be fair for some random body of people to confiscate it from me?
User avatar #343 to #341 - aherorising
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/28/2014) [-]
by that logic, why would it be far for some random body to tax you at any rate? taxes are pretty neccesary to uphold a high quality of life for all, and to thrive as a country. With the right leaders, programs, and institutions, we would be able to provide very decent education, healthcare, security, and wellfare for all. That way, we attempt to aid the underpriviliged and less fortunate and give them a chance to make it for themselves. anyways, I'd love to argue more etc. but frankly I'm under time constraints. either way, gg etc. if you wanna consider it my way then fine, if you wanna consider it your win have fun. have a good one either way.
User avatar #80 to #3 - kilotech
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
doesn't Canadian health-care do **** all to help the elderly/anyone not useful?
#265 to #3 - anon id: f4f0cbcb
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Free health care ftw
#170 to #3 - anon id: 98bb16fd
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
sucks to be you.
#310 to #170 - snoppslickarn
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
#167 to #3 - deadfed
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
I love you, Canada.
User avatar #101 to #3 - Shitthatscrazy
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
we pay 45 bucks for an ambulance ride in canada.
#11 to #3 - anon id: 9881fd60
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
We should hang out sometime!
#209 to #3 - happyflowerkid
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
I know right!?
User avatar #9 - thechosentroll
Reply +200 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. You even pay for THAT?
User avatar #84 to #9 - kilotech
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
the charge is due to the fact the are actually giving you meds and care in the back of the ambulance
#105 to #9 - PSpepper
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Yes, and it's ******* ********.
#280 to #9 - anon id: 88959624
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Were i'm from you don't have to pay for it if it is red since the fire department runs their own medic units and they don't charge for their services.
User avatar #24 to #9 - blackrosedragon
Reply +7 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
Yeah, usually 3 to 5K depending on the company.
User avatar #30 to #24 - thechosentroll
Reply +62 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
It'd be cheaper to just call a ******* cab.
User avatar #42 to #30 - itemexchange
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
the ambulance is only there for when u cant get there yourself most of the cost comes from the fact that they start treating you right their if your in a life or death situation
User avatar #199 to #42 - asmodeu
Reply +9 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
So it's either death or life in debt ?
User avatar #247 to #199 - imnotkickthecat
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
You must be in a really bad situation if a few K is life in debt.
User avatar #169 to #24 - theflamingfire
Reply +6 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
**** that just let me die!
#73 - mattdoggy
Reply +111 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
>friends parent picks up a small snake
>its pygmy rattler and it naturally does what evil snakes do and bites him
>he being a bad ass immediately cuts off a clean chunk of hit bitten finger before we even realize he's been bitten
>like pick up and then immediate cut off a cube of flesh without flinching
>with some turpentine and a little pressure on the area the wound is not bleeding within five minutes
>he says he'll drive to the hospital with a friend and that we can go back to what we were doing
>nope
>someone without us knowing called 911 and described the situation over the phone
>an ambulance was there by the time they were pulling out of the driveway and life flight wasn't far out
>the ambulance simply re wrapped his wound with some gauze and then waited for the helicopter
>we figured we'd meet them at the hospital because it was a boring day so we drove the fifty or so miles to the hospital
>two hours AFTER we get to the hospital the helicopter lands with him on board
>they say he doesn't even need antivenin and that his finger was properly treated by the paramedics in the ambulance
>he gets a half dozen stitches and goes home
>about a month later the bill comes through
>43 thousand American dollars
>30k of it was for the flight
>8 or 9 of it was for an ambulance he didn't ride in
>the rest was for a doctor to put a few threads in and smear some 5 dollar gel on it
>mfw it feels like someone is trying to sell me something
User avatar #156 to #73 - thedarkestrogue
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
life flight is the most expensive emergency medical transport in america.
User avatar #270 to #73 - monkeysniper
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Now if someone tries to make me ride in an ambulance I'm going to make damn sure they need one too
User avatar #74 to #73 - mattdoggy
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
meant 32k for the helicopter ride
User avatar #125 to #73 - semo
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
but whoa whoa what happened? did it get sorted out? I mena dont tell me you actually paid the full amount....
User avatar #252 to #125 - mattdoggy
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
i know that they made an appeal and the hospital and ambulance bills were dropped tp double and triple digits.
As far as the life flight it stayed at 32k
User avatar #134 to #73 - aherorising
Reply +17 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
jesus ******* christ, something is fundamentally wrong with that system
User avatar #36 - alexhill
Reply +18 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Is America really a **** to place to live?
#43 to #36 - deathtofj
Reply -4 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
The United States motto is at least we aren't as ****** as North Korea
#64 to #36 - rimjobmcgee
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Pretty much. I view living here like this, most everyone is motivated by greed and lust for power, essentially ******* the people below them while trying to climb the social ladder, but most people who manage to become millionaires have no idea how to handle and lose it within a year, and too few people realize the frightening amount of power held by the few that are literally beyond legal punishment even with overwhelming evidence against them. Most of the ones that do realize aren't unified and lack the means to change it.

tl;dr The masses are basically brainwashed by the media, upbringing, and horrible education system like the few who have real power want, and the ones that want to change it don't stand half a chance without a leader and the masses support
User avatar #314 to #36 - TastyBurger
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Short answer; no its not a **** place to live. Everyone of these people are being dramatic. Really the only problem with living here is lack of free healthcare, and not even everyone agrees with that and so that's just subjective and doesn't matter if you have a good healthcare plan anyway.

Its a really nice place to live. Especially considering the diversity of all the states. You want to live in a big city? You want to live in a desert? A mountain? A beach? Woods, hills, tropical island? Basically every type of area exists in America.
User avatar #221 to #36 - welfarekid
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
tomthehippie was right about some things but no intelligent person believes big business cares for the public. People even make fun of them for trying to insinuate that they care on television. Our justice system is not perfect but it works. No one is shutting down public education. And there are retarded politicians in every country, but no one agrees with them, Colbert makes fun of at least one politician a week. Politicians are not this country, the people are, and while most are ******* retarded, only 40% of Americans are registered to vote, so I am taking it those are the the more intelligent people.
TL;DR it really is not that bad here.
#334 to #221 - tomthehippie
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Actually, pay attention, the political right has swung further and further to the right, lead by the Tea Party, in support of Clive Bundy, and other's who's racism, sexism, ect, are all blindingly obvious, yet people keep voting these assbags into office.
User avatar #336 to #334 - welfarekid
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Meh, I'll form my own opinions.
Not that I think you're wrong, but I don't think you're right either.
I don't look at parties, I look at people.
#351 to #334 - therealsupanova
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(05/01/2014) [-]
calling republicans racist, sexist and assbags. Its always easier demonizing people than arguing the actual issues isn't it?

^_^
#352 to #351 - tomthehippie
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(05/01/2014) [-]
Really? So, if the party itself does not embrace racism, then why are racists constantly popping up in support of the republican party, or their heroes turn out to be racist? There is also the "Southern Strategy" implemented by Nixon, the whole point of which is to get people to vote republican by blaming minorities, the disabled, those on welfare, ect, for the problems of this nation. Sources? Here you go! en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy www.forwardprogressives.com/the-truth-about-republican-racism-and-the-southern-strategy/ rationalwiki.org/wiki/Southern_strategy www.umich.edu/~lawrace/votetour10.htm www.ask.com/question/what-was-president-nixon-s-southern-strategy www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/13/AR2005071302342.html

Aren't facts wonderful?

Also, supply side economics. Also known as "trickle down" "regenomics" and other titles. We have a demand side economy, that is, people demand a product or service and pay for it, it becomes more valuable. The middle class is the engine of our economy, when they have money and spend it, this creates jobs, yet republicans try to sell us on the idea that giving people with more money than they know what to do with more money will fix all our issues.

Also, going by modern presidents, EVERY democrat president has created roughly double the jobs as their republican counterparts as well as similar disparity of numbers relating to economic growth in general, and while every single modern republican president has increased the federal debt, every single democratic president (with the exception of Obama who averted a second great depression and turned America in to an oil exporter, and even then he has created more jobs than Bush Jr did and his spending is lower than Bush Jr's) has reduced the deficit.

Aren't facts wonderful?
#45 to #36 - fareastbrainseer
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
The Cold War has just left us with a terrible, non-negotiable phobia of any socialized public program that didn't exist before 1950.
#37 to #36 - tomthehippie
Reply +80 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Basically we have a **** healthcare system, half the people have been duped by Republicans into thinking that big business cares about anything other than making money. We have for profit jails and prisons, and politicians are trying to shut down public education. We have politicians (one of which made a run for Vice President) that say that federal grants for college are destroying this country.



Yeah, basically it's ****** up here.
#268 to #37 - therealsupanova
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
I don't even know how you can dump this all on the republicans with a democratic president and a democratic senate. If you think the house has that much power and have actually bought into the left's demonization of the right, then I'm sorry but you really have to take the rose colored glasses off because it really isn't that simple.
#333 to #268 - tomthehippie
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Because everything still has to go through the house (except for budgets) and republicans there are stonewalling everything democrats try to do. And in the senate they are filibustering everything. Filibustering is where they use stall tactics to keep something from going to a vote. Sense Obama was elected republicans have used the filibuster more than in any other presidential term.

Also, demonization of the right? Hmm, well, which party supports Clive Bundy, a man who owes over a million dollars for grazing cattle, but refuses to pay for it, but screams and yells over a mother trying to feed her kids with foodstamps? Which party has tried to redefine rape in an effort to make it harder for women to level accusations of rape (Paul Ryan along with Todd Aiken cosponsored a bill to redefine rape as "forcible rape", which was defined as a sexual act that involves significant bodily harm, such as broken bones or lacerations that require stitches, as most rapes do not involve anything beyond bruising, this would make it next to impossible for most rapes to be prosecuted)? Which party redraws voting districts to make it easier for them to get elected?

The answer to all of the above? The republican party.

I'm not saying democrats are perfect, but if you pay attention, then the majority of the problems with this country (that are caused by, or can be fixed by the government) can be laid at the feet of the republican party. Trickledown economics, which the political right has been trumpeting for years, has lead to one of the greatest wage inequalities among first world nations. China, ******* COMMUNIST CHINA, has a stronger middle class than we do, thanks to republican economic policies.
#339 to #333 - therealsupanova
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/28/2014) [-]
So first of all from 2007 through 2011, both the house and the senate had a democratic majority, yet the Obama administration was to accomplish almost nothing of value. So before you level the blame at republicans, remember where the ineptitude really began, as far as Obama's presidency is concerned. The republicans used filibuster numerous times because his policy prescriptions are so one sided and uncompromising that there is no alternative. Case in point - Obamacare. One of the defining features of a strong president and leader is his ability to work together, across party lines. Something Obama has had absolutely no success in. If you've been keeping up with the news, the republican party essentially denounced Clive Bundy a few days ago, so that point is moot. As for the rape bill, once again the entire party denounced aiken and the bill. "The answer to all of the above". You listed two irrelevant issues. Two. And they're irrelevant. Pretty common tactic for a liberal to avoid the big issues, because most of the time you don't really know how to talk about them.

The big difference between democrats and republicans is that democrats strive to "redistribute" wealth, whereas the republican party wants to create it. Historically, the latter is a better approach.

You mention trickle down economics as a cause of wage inequality, meanwhile say nothing about Obamacare, a program designed to squeeze the middle class to subsidize the poor.

Well Played
#340 to #339 - tomthehippie
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/28/2014) [-]
So higher taxes on the rich during the 50s under Eisenhower didn't give the US government the funds to build the national freeway system, which in turn employed thousands in every state, injecting funds into local economies, creating a ripple effect that lead to one of the greatest economic booms in US history? I guess Kennedy didn't use funds generated from that same tax scheme to put a man on the moon?

History has shown that what the democrats want to do (not wealth distribution, but putting the tax burden on the rich, while the republicans want to put the tax burden on the middle class and poor) is actually better for the economy, because it leads to higher wages and disposable income for the middle class and poor, which leads to higher spending on cars, houses, and other luxury items, which in turn creates a stronger economy. Republicans have a "supply side" approach, which does not work. We have a demand side economy. Period end of story, it is the demand side that determines if the economy is strong or not. The great myth the republican party has built is that we have a supply side economy.

Also, Obamacare is an attack on the middle class?! You've lost all credibility there. It is an attempt to bring our healthcare up to par with the rest of the industrialized world. Hundreds of people die, EVERY DAY, in this country because they lack health insurance. This is a fact. Obamacare is an attempt to correct this, and also will save the US government an estimated 140 billion a year.

In addition, the republican party has swung farther and farther to the political right, with their politicians making it clear that their party's goal isn't to do anything to help this nation, it is to undermine the president. They have stated this multiple times. The fact that you can gloss over the fact that the trickledown myth has contributed to our weakened economy, while trying to demonize a program that saves lives only proves how deluded you are.
#342 to #340 - therealsupanova
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/28/2014) [-]
The Freeway system was built off the military budget as its original intended purpose was one of defense. It was called the "National System of Interstate and Defense Highways". The moon landings were funded because of the Cold War. We needed to be the soviets to the moon, it was once again considered a defense issue. If you recall we stopped going to the moon immediately upon the collapse of the soviet union. History has shown that "what the democrats want" is strong in the short term, but weak in the long term.

I never said Obamacare was an attack on the middle class. You lost all credibility the moment you put up a strawman to defend one of the biggest legislative blunders in recent history. You said it yourself Obamacare is "an attemp to bring up our healthcare - which i totally support. I'm for universal healthcare, given that it works. Obamacare doesn't work. Look up some CBO reportings on it and you'll see why.

The only people saying that the GOP's goal is to undermine the president is the leftist media. It seems I am not the deluded one. Get off the kool-aid
#344 to #342 - tomthehippie
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/28/2014) [-]
"Obamacare, a program designed to squeeze the middle class to subsidize the poor. "

This implies that it is an attack on the middle class. I guess we are starting the strawman tactics early today, aren't we?

Next, yes, it came out of military budgets, but where did the money for the military budget come from? TAXING THE RICH. The money didn't just randomly walk into the president's office and scream "SPEND ME!", it had to come from somewhere, that somewhere was the progressive taxes enacted by Eisenhower and continued by Kennedy, squashed by Nixon, Regan and Bush Sr (all of whom increased the debt by huge amounts), and Clinton and Obama have tried to put back in place. Hmm, maybe I'm not the deluded one, just the informed one?

And how is it a blunder? It stops HMOs from dropping you just because you have a preexisting condition, thousands of people with chronic conditions have had their premiums lowered because of it, oh, and it saves the US government over 140 billion a year to boot! Oh, and the little detail of it saving lives. But that's not important at all, is it?

And last, you are wrong about that. Almost EVERY major republican senator, congressman, and governor stated quite publicly that their most important goal was to torpedo Obama. It wasn't the "leftist media", it was the politicians themselves!

And weak in the long term? Which is why Clinton had us set on a path to paying off the national debt, should we have followed his budget, we would be within three or four years, TOPS, of paying off the debt, if not having already paid it off. There is also the fact that the policies liberals have been trying to put in place have a proven track record through history of creating stronger economy, raising levels of education, and lowering unemployment.



Of course, how silly of me, all of these things are "bad in the long term", aren't they?
#345 to #344 - therealsupanova
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/30/2014) [-]
This is getting annoying.

No that's not that what that implies

The money came from taxing a booming economy

It costs the government more than it saves, there a several surveys done by the CBO that will corroborate this.

"Oh and the little detail of it saving lives. But that's not important at all, is it?"
Obamacare doesn't save lives. Doctors do. And doctors almost universally hate obamacare. Do the math

That's a blatant lie

Clinton picked the fruits of a tree planted by Reagan. He's also the reason that free credit exists, which is a partial cause of 2008 economic crash.

Yes, they are.
#348 to #345 - tomthehippie
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/30/2014) [-]
swampland.time.com/2012/08/23/the-party-of-no-new-details-on-the-gop-plot-to-obstruct-obama/
egbertowillies.com/2012/09/02/gop-specifically-stated-they-wanted-obama-to-fail-and-would-obstruct-at-every-turn/
www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/10/1118614/-Biden-Mitch-McConnell-vowed-no-cooperation-with-the-Obama-administration-from-the-get-go

Some lies huh? Nice how I can find proof that my lies are the truth, yet you have provided no proof that what you say is factual.


Note, those where the first three websites I clicked on when I googled "republican Obama quotes"

Gee, that couldn't mean they actually said those things, could it? Don't worry, you can keep living in your delusional world where Regan actually had anything to do with the Soviets self destructing while he was in office.
#347 to #345 - tomthehippie
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/30/2014) [-]
And why then are people, who would have died without care, who are now getting care because of the ACA, still alive? Yes the doctors saved their lives, but with out the ACA, they couldn't get the care needed to save their life.

Thus, the ACA (and thus, Obama) saved their lives.

Simple logic. Hard to understand how you aren't getting it.
#346 to #345 - tomthehippie
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/30/2014) [-]
Can I get some sources on any of that?

And really? So that is why every modern democrat president has seen double the jobs created, reduced the deficit, and had stronger economies than modern republican presidents, meanwhile every modern republican president has increased the national debt, and deregulation of the stock market under Bush Jr is why we are paying so much for gas, even though under Obama we are no longer importing any oil, we are actually an oil exporter?

Hmmm, I guess that makes sense. In an alternate universe where you get credit for something you have nothing to do with.

Let me break it down for you, sense you seem to have a hard time understanding this;
The strong economy was created by the middle and lower classes having spending money, this was caused by public works (such as the interstates) injecting money into the middle class, who then spent it, this spending created demand, the demand created jobs, the jobs put money in people's hands who then spent the money, fueling the cycle. However, the cycle starts with high taxes on the rich putting money in government coffers so the government can spend said money on public works (such as the interstates) which create jobs and inject money into the middle class, allowing them to spend money, which creates demand, which creates jobs, which fuels the cycle, thus creating a strong economy.

Let me try another approach. Here in America we have a demand side economy. It doesn't matter how much supply you have, unless there is a demand for it. Most money spent, is spent by the middle class and it is that spending that creates jobs, so middle class jobs fuel the economy.

Let me make it even more simple. Middle class spends money. This creates jobs. Jobs put money in people's hands so they can spend it, which creates more jobs. The way you do this is by putting the middle class to work. You do this with public works. That is what Eisenhower did.

Simple enough for you? Or do I need to use smaller words?
#350 to #346 - therealsupanova
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(05/01/2014) [-]
www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2011/05/05/reaganomics-vs-obamanomics-facts-and-figures/

in case you actually care about learning something instead of being a blatant bigot
#349 to #346 - therealsupanova
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(05/01/2014) [-]
Trying to insult me isn't going to prompt a heated response. I'm not that kind of person. You've dropped enough ad hominem's that you should be embarrassed.

I appreciate your overly simplistic analysis of the most complex economic system every created by man, but being an economics major I don't really need your explanation. And I also can't be bothered writing out all the reasons you're wrong. Like I said, overly simplistic.

You listed three biased sources. Also, you can't really expect republicans to swallow Obama's BS when he essentially said that there were issues he would absolutely not compromise on when he was running. Not compromising is not a good way to be an effective president - it makes enemies.

As for the first part of your most recent comment, Obama has created less jobs than Bush did, as evidenced by the fact that the employment growth rate is and has been lower than it was during Bush's tenure. Again look at CBO data. "We are actually an oil exporter". Uhm, no. Sorry. We are a net exporter on "light, sweet" oil. Gasoline diesel and other fuels. We still import a huge amount of crude. The U.S. has a very high refinement capacity, yes.

These is getting very tedious, next???
#353 to #349 - tomthehippie
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(05/01/2014) [-]
You complain about me citing "biased sources" when you cite forbes? Only a magazine owned by millionaires that markets to people who invest large amounts of cash. Not like that would be biased at all. Also, the first three links I clicked on when I googled the subject I was presenting all happened to be biased? Maybe the facts are biased my friend.

And if you can't be bothered to explain any factual flaws in the logic I have presented, then obviously those "flaws" don't exist.

And oh, you are an economics major? So, despite history proving you wrong you are right because you claim to study economy.

Guess what, I'm a four star general in the army with the medal of honor and every single commendation, positive citation, award and decoration the US and every other military force on the planet offers. It's not like I could be lying about that, could I? I mean, people don't lie on the internet!
#354 to #353 - therealsupanova
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(05/01/2014) [-]
History is an effective benchmark, but not an end all be all. What has worked in the past may not work now - History didn't prove me wrong.

I don't even know where to begin pointing out your flawed logic. "if you can't be bothered to explain any factual flaws in logic I have presented, then obviously they don't exist" ... what?? So if I don't point something out it doesn't exist?

Suggesting that my "claim" to be an economics major is the equivalent of someone claiming to be a prestigious army general seems somewhat exaggerated doesn't it? Is it really that hard to believe that someone studying economics might disagree with your view of economics? Seems somewhat arrogant if you ask me.

I don't understand where all this vitriol is coming from. Why can't we have a discussion about a relevant issue and leave it at that? Does trying to piss people off somewhat give your argument more weight? I would argue it has the opposite effect.
#355 to #354 - tomthehippie
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(05/01/2014) [-]
Oh, no, someone is a sarcastic asshole on the internet!


and yes, it was a blatantly obvious lie, which I used to point out how ridiculous it is for you to claim that because you supposedly studied something, despite the fact that you have only cited one biased source, yet claim that the three sources I cited, incidentally the three first links that popped up on google, are biased, and then claim that just because, historically, when people have had money to spend, and have spent it, it has created job growth, which has employed people, which gives people money to spend and they spend it, which creates demand, which creates jobs, so on and so forth, doesn't mean it works like that any more. Just because you don't want it to.

I'm sorry that dealing with idiots that can't be bothered to use logic and facts to make a point aggravates me. I'm sorry that my response to said aggravation by said idiots is to point out their stupidity in as blatant a way as possible. Do I think you are going to cry yourself to sleep tonight because I called you an idiot? Of course not. Am I obligated to treat you as though you are intelligent enough to know that bashing your head against a stone wall will hurt you? Of course not!

And yes, the fact that you can not provide actual facts, that you can not present a logical argument to debunk mine, shows that you are wrong. If you could do otherwise, you would have, but you have not.

Hey, here's some facts about trickledown economics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics
#356 to #355 - therealsupanova
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(05/01/2014) [-]
Like I said, your idea of how the economy works is extremely simplified, to the point where it actually offers almost no insight on how the economy works. Because I study something, and disagree with you on it (a subject which you most clearly have not studied) doesn't mean I "don't want" your idea to work. I wish it was that simple.

You're not dealing with idiots, you're dealing with a people who have differing opinions. I don't know what kind of bubble you grew up in but there is a lot of that on the internet. If you were as intelligent as you seem to think you are you probably would understand that true wisdom is "knowing that you don't know".

I actually have. Numerous times. I used that forbes article because it cited a lot of useful statistics, you can corroborate them on your own at (for like 10th time) the CBO's website.

www.cbo.gov/

Hey, here's some facts about reaganomics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaganomics
#203 to #37 - elastoplast
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Atleast you got Disney World
User avatar #165 to #37 - metalmind
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Wow, we learned about the first part of that in school, but the second part is news to me.
The american republicans are even rallying against college grants?
That's ****** up.
I mean you have lower taxes than we do, in fact you have some of the lowest taxes in the world.
But you get practically nothing for that.
We have high taxes, but benefits that you couldn't even imagine.

But I find it funny that Americans often claim that there are only either governmental healthcare or free market healthcare. (Here in Germany we have a mixed system, heavily regulated by governments and mostly not for profit. But even the for profit and top notch treatments are free, no matter how much you pay. There is only a liitle difference.)

Do you even have any serious type of social benefits?
#331 to #165 - tomthehippie
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
We have social security, which is basically a savings account you put a portion of every check into and uncle sam holds on to it until you hit retirement age, then you draw a percentage of your average wage until you die. Of course, that system is ****** because republicans introduced a wage cap, if you make more than a quarter million a year, then you only pay taxes on that first 250,000, but when you hit retirement age you draw benefits on the full amount you made. Which is underfunding Social Security. We also have Social Security disability benefits, if you can't work then you get around 750 a month, which is nice, but not nearly enough to live off of. We also have medicare and medicaid, but those programs are kinda broken, and a lot of hospitals try to scam those programs to get more money.

When the college system was first introduced in America, it was free, but social/fiscal conservatives (who later joined the republican party after Eisenhower, changing the republican party from the liberal party to the conservative one) attacked that and opened the way for "for profit" institutions.
User avatar #332 to #331 - metalmind
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Thanks for the further info.
#335 to #332 - tomthehippie
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
No problem.
#119 to #37 - anon id: 8aa13e9e
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
"duped by republicans" you're a ******* tard. you must watch cnbc for a ******* living. you're so politically ignorant it ******* hurts. You must love obongo and all of his politics huh? bet you want to **** clinton. The problem with america is the lack of ******* doing ANYTHING that matters. our ******* healthcare was fine, but ******* obongo had to drop everything he was doing and go "fix" the healthcare system for the 10 ******* percent of lazy ass americans that don't have healthcare. So he ****** over 90% of people just to help the bottom 10% whom a majority of are ******* stains to society. He has done NOTHING to help this country. He's just trying to make america dependent on him so he can have all the ******* power possible. ******* socialists. Making all kinds of executive orders to do random **** that doesn't help the country. He even wants to ******* raise minimum wage to 10$ an hour. Just wait and see what that brings. **** this president.
#120 to #119 - anon id: 8aa13e9e
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
good thing he's the first, and last ****** that's ever going to run this country. Jungle bunny scum.
#236 to #120 - outerfiend
Reply -2 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
You make me laugh
You make me laugh

#54 to #37 - anon id: 7476a774
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
while its not "destroying the country," federal grants are the biggest reason that college tuition is skyrocketing. When universities know that every student has easy access to funds (because the feds will give college loans to basically anyone), then they have no incentive to keep costs down. If they can charge $5,000 a semester vs $15,000 a semester and know you will be able to get funding for it either way, obviously they are going to charge the higher price. If you can't pay the loan back, then the college/university doesn't suffer at all. It's a loss for the federal government (well, and for you).
#60 to #54 - anon id: 491886d0
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
And who's to say they'll lower tuition again if federal grants weren't given out? That's rather naive of you. The problem with economic theory is that it assumes that all humans are rational when making decisions, when in reality, most aren't.
#269 to #60 - therealsupanova
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
economic theory does not assume that people are "rational human beings". Thats taking it far to literally. Rather, it assumes that people make decisions that benefit them at the margin and that people will always decide to something that will make them better off. Both of these apply perfectly well to the university pricing situation.
#68 to #60 - anon id: 7476a774
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
most businesses that don't make rational decisions don't stick around for very long haha
#67 to #60 - anon id: 7476a774
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
um... because without fed loans then a lot of people won't be able to pay for college? so colleges will either have to cut costs or quit making money due to the fact that no one will buy their product. that doesn't take an enormous amount of intellect to understand. That's how most businesses operate
#171 to #54 - billburr
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
College tuition grants are certainly not the MAIN reason tuition is skyrocketing in America. Why would you think that? I bet the grants have grown at less than half the rate of tuition.
America isn't ****** because it's spending too much money on education, it's the opposite
#5 - ozzysite
Reply +58 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
I once had a mandatory hospital ride that took 5 mins (2 miles), because the insurance said I needed to use the ambulance. Even though I was driven to the first facility, and could have gotten to the 2nd just fine. The insurance wouldn't cover the bill and it cost $1500.
User avatar #103 to #5 - Redzero
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
I feel you. When I was doing stupid kid things years ago I rode a long board down this street near my house and got hit straight from the side by an Escalade (remember I said stupid kid things) I was forced to take an ambulance only 6 houses down the street of the hospital. Nothing was broken and somehow both the firetruck and police cruiser made it to me before they did. Also insurance wouldn't pay and the dude got away from having to pay my bills.
#106 to #103 - ozzysite
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Me and the EMT's literally talked about the ******* weather.
User avatar #108 to #106 - Redzero
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Dude I love when they get all chill and don't have a care. I remember my EMT's tried to ask serious questions at first then asked me if I tried to land a trick after I got hit
#28 - csonosky
Reply +46 123456789123345869
(04/26/2014) [-]
> had terrible boat accident
> prop hit let hamstring fell out and nerves ripped out
> ******.gif
>30 min ride back
>meet police ambulance fwc and fire truck
> ICU unit for 5 days 4 nights
> get bill
> 600 to be wheeled from ambulance to OR
> 750 for ride in ambulance
> get final bill 130,000 dollars
> mfw
#180 to #28 - pwnfrnzy
0 123456789123345869
has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #207 to #28 - csonosky
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
due insurance from the boat and health we paid 800 dollars though
User avatar #228 to #28 - sonnyboii
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
What the ****. I want to live a a year or something in America, but if i cant get any good insurance deals or whatever from Norway that covers me over there, **** that ****
User avatar #253 to #28 - anthraxpotato
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
WTF man? It's not your fault that that happened to you, you wouldnt have to pay a single cent if you lived in and in most parts of europe.

Instead you got a bill the price of a house. You know what you could do with that money here in Portugal? You could almost buy a small hospital.
User avatar #56 to #28 - spceinvdr
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
The hospital is ******** all ways imaginable. I got ear drops in my eye by mistake, could have gone ******* BLIND, and sat there for 5 hours waiting while people with stupid **** went right through.
User avatar #87 to #28 - sedativechunk
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
You should probably just fake your death now.
User avatar #122 to #28 - cards
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
You could get like 4 college degrees with that amount.
User avatar #163 to #122 - herpaderderp
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Not in America
User avatar #255 to #28 - anthraxpotato
Reply +3 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
for 600$ you could hire someone here in Portugal to wheel you around for a month and clean your house and do your laundry.
User avatar #330 to #255 - csonosky
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
for 600 dollars i could buy 600 mcdoubbles
User avatar #286 to #255 - metalmind
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Really? I got to there again some time.
When I was there, prices weren't that much different from those there in Germany, even outside of the tourist locations.
User avatar #293 to #286 - anthraxpotato
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
in terms of salary our minimum wage is 450€

i'm sure that differs alot from germany
#191 to #28 - fishandkids
Reply +4 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
> Had a menigitis and blood cloth at the age of 12
>spent 3 months in the hospital
>had to take blood thining medication and blood test once a week for 6 months
>check up every 6 month for 2 years
>finnaly done with all this ****
>all is fine for 6 months
>get a testicular torsion
>have an ambulence pick me up
>go through surgery (2 hours left before my left ball would die)
>20% chance of losing my left ball
>surgery is done and I am fine
>MFW I didn't have to pay anything.
User avatar #266 to #191 - fishandkids
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
The blood cloth was in my brain.
#229 to #191 - sonnyboii
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
User avatar #166 to #28 - metalmind
Reply +5 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Wow.
Here in Germany, no matter which of two types of insurances you have, your treatment is free.
And for children and Students and People in vocational training insurance is free until they turn 27.
And yes, we pay more taxes.
But we get so much more back.
#51 to #28 - buttkickerboy
Reply +21 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
*groans* Man, it was SO HARD WHEELING YOU TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM
that'll be six hundred dollars.
YFW
#89 to #51 - skorchy
Reply +2 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Why would he even ask if they're ******* him? Didn't you see the bill? They didn't even take him out for a proper dinner. It was through a tube ffs.
User avatar #208 to #51 - csonosky
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
yea pretty much
#52 to #28 - kaboomz
Reply +35 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
130,000 dollars = 93,957 euros

what the ****
why do you americans even have hospitals?
how many people die per year because they cant pay for the treatment and the limo that picks them up?
#59 to #52 - laughingcarrot
Reply +11 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Nobody is rich enough to pay for all of that at once. You get the bill after treatment so the average person pretty much has to bend over for big business and be in a large amount of debt for the rest of their lives if they don't have a good insurance plan.
Nobody is rich enough to pay for all of that at once. You get the bill after treatment so the average person pretty much has to bend over for big business and be in a large amount of debt for the rest of their lives if they don't have a good insurance plan.
User avatar #55 to #52 - yusay
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Hospitals are required to treat someone even if they don't have insurance.
User avatar #57 to #55 - yusay
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
If it's a life threatening emergency, that is.
#90 to #58 - anon id: 5484a471
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Doesn't this only makes things "worse" for the person though?

"Hey man, I see there that you're dying. But don't worry, we'll save you. So that you can use this extra life we're granting you to pay us for it."

I don't live in the US though, please enlighten me if I'm making a fool of myself.
#278 to #90 - despicablemaz
Reply +1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Here comes tthe rant.... No you're pretty damn right. We have the whole freedom thing down here, kinda what we're known for, but a good majority of major countries have freedom now too so what we got is..... uhhhh.... oh yeah!- hundreds of nukes and 6-7 billion dollars a year in military spending. Which makes sense because war costs money, so we're basically wanting to go to war to spend more money when the economic situation is already crap. We have politicians and big business men that run this country by money and only act to care about public interests. All they really do for us is appeasement. We pay ridiculous amounts of money for health care, general products, hell basically anything you can think of. It's all consumerism here. It's all about money and power. For example, Obama (a democrat) is in office right now. He cannot pass anything because of the mostly republican congress, so much so he's had to make executive orders bypassing the government just to get some **** done. Fox "news" is constantly against him, because our media is not about news, but rather celebrity gossip and government bias propaganda. The idea is that republicans will say that they don't agree with the president and make ******** reasons for it just because he's democratic. So when he can't pass anything, he looks like a bad president. Then, when a republican president comes into power, they may be all for the idea they were so highly against just because their republican guy can get the credit for it. Democrats would probably do the same just not as insanely and strongly as the republicans, plus it's useless to talk about since republicans are the ones running congress right now. It's a flawed system. "America the great" isn't so great anymore. And... done with the rant.
#124 - shadowrated
Reply +32 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Comment Picture
#112 - eggoman
Reply +27 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
What really pisses me of is that EMT's only make 12$ an hour saving your ass.
User avatar #158 to #112 - muffintime
Reply -1 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Lmao in Alberta, Canada we make around $65,000 a year at least...
User avatar #114 to #112 - Pawnyewest
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
i wish i got 12/hr i make 9.55
User avatar #160 to #114 - muffintime
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Dude. really? Just as an Emr I make $16 in Alberta.... **** man, I'm sorry... you're getting ****** over...
#145 to #112 - youxbarstard
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
And yet I make $15.50 an hour cleaning at a chemical factory.....seems legit.
User avatar #153 to #112 - theygotgrapedrink
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
where do you work? it's like 10.50 in oklahoma
User avatar #47 - sinery
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
But what is the story behind the picture?
Inb4 when you find out the cost.
User avatar #50 to #47 - wisdombranch
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
I dunno, but he looks sorta like CHUCK NORRIS from like 15 years ago.
#49 to #47 - muffintime
Reply +25 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
it's how it feels to chew 5 gum
#107 - infinitereaper
Reply +24 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Back in high school my family almost disowned me becuase of they were afraid the insurance wasn't going to cover my ambulance ride and 3 hour hospital stay   
   
And boy could I tell you thing about how our healthcare system is ****** up, but I'm tired, so I'll just say what I always say,   
   
Freedom isn't free, but it is for sale.
Back in high school my family almost disowned me becuase of they were afraid the insurance wasn't going to cover my ambulance ride and 3 hour hospital stay

And boy could I tell you thing about how our healthcare system is ****** up, but I'm tired, so I'll just say what I always say,

Freedom isn't free, but it is for sale.
User avatar #263 to #107 - undeadwill
Reply 0 123456789123345869
(04/27/2014) [-]
Its governments fault.