1. She walked into my office like a Centipede
with 98 missing legs.
2. His thoughts tumbled in his head, making
and breaking alliances like underpants in a
3. Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair
after a sneeze.
4. The little boat gently drifted across the
pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn' t.
S. fell 12 stories, hitting the
pavement like a paper bag
filled with vegetable soup.
6. Her eyes were like two brown circles with
big black dots in the
7. The dandelion swayed in the gentle breeze
like an oscillating
electric fan set on medium.
8. Her vocabulary was as bad as, kinda' like,
9. He was as tall as a tree.
10. The hailstones leaped from the pavement,
just like maggots when you
fry them in hot grease
ll. Long separated by cruel fate, the
lovers raced across
the grassy field toward each other like two
freight trains, one
having left Bellina at 6: 36 pm travelling at 55
mph, the other from
4: at a speed of 35 mph.
12. The politician was gone but unnoticed, like
the full stop after the
Dr. on a Dr Pepper can.
13. John and Mary had never met. They were
like two hummingbirds who had
also never met.
The thunder was ominous sounding, much
like the sound of a thin
sheet of metal being shaken backstage during
the storm scene in a
15. The red brick wall was the colour of a
16. Even in his last years, Granddad had a
mind like a steel trap, only
one that had been left out so long it had
17. The plan was simple, like my brother Phil.
But unlike Phil, this
plan just might work.
18. The young fighter had a hungry look, the
kind you get from not
eating for while.
19. "Oh, Jason, take mel" she panted, her
breasts heaving like a student on 50
20. He was as lame as a duck. Not the
metaphorical lame duck either,
but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe
from stepping on a
landmine or something.